The WWatering Hole Bar Grand Opening - Game Thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looks like Britzen moved, too.

On the gifs -- I know Ceke was auto-correcting to Cake on at least a few devices...I am kinda tempted to test the info to see if it's useful or just drunk mumbling.

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like Britzen moved, too.

On the gifs -- I know Ceke was auto-correcting to Cake on at least a few devices...I am kinda tempted to test the info to see if it's useful or just drunk mumbling.
I disagree, anonymous stuff is distracting and should almost universally be disregarded unless there is a very compelling reason not to. You are too many steps away for this to be a compelling reason at this point

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I disagree, anonymous stuff is distracting and should almost universally be disregarded unless there is a very compelling reason not to. You are too many steps away for this to be a compelling reason at this point
Yep, and it's too early for anyone to have any concrete info to try to spread anonymously anyway.

I was the one who revived pbc, always a proponent of using the revive early.

Looking back, I want to start on cyndia for my lunch and place a bit of pressure there and see how she reacts.

*************lynch cyndia*************
I mean like this vote in some ways, but do you feel like this is the most valuable information-wise?

I mean like this vote in some ways, but do you feel like this is the most valuable information-wise?
Data or information? I like it as a data point but information gain may not be as much as others. Also, I more am using it to see how she reacts, and then re-evaluate from there

Pokemon game disagrees with you
Well I mean of course they did in that game.

You are using an irrelevant example of the dead having influence in that game, which is negated from me bringing back pbc, so there is no way she had information (or if it came from her, she can quite easily tell us that). So it's coming from a role. Usually if they are omnipotent, they have limited posting via posting restriction initially, and can use anonymous means. Aka I get the point you are making, but not much relevance to where we are st now

Losing any sort of villager is bad, even if vanilla. Are you just giving up? Or are you going to try and convince us to keep you around once you get off work?? It always sets off flags for me when someone's defense is "I'm just vanilla so it's not a huge loss to lynch me"

I'm gonna go ahead with a lynch Queen of Slime (aka PBC)

the feels are high, especially from her "im just vanilla so it doesn't really matter anyway"

It's when AM turns into a turd and doesn't want to answer any questions or give any defense and people have to ask her a ridiculous amount of questions to get some sort of half-assed answer out of her because she doesn't want to be helpful or make things easier and it makes me want to lynch her every time even though I was a spectator and not playing.

Lynch Ski

Because of a combo of low # of posts with content + defensive & preachy

Members don't see this ad :)
I see it in retrospect. Just didn't seem out of place in real time. I guess you were just too good?
Are you implying that AM is always basic even without the posting restriction.

Allie –

this post is weird. Basically saying “I like that everyone’s talking this game, I feel like I’m actually catching things now! Maybe I’ll come back later and tell you guys what I’m thinking.”

Then here says that they’ll probably switch their vote to someone who hasn’t checked in…
Just weird.

Sorry, not really seeing anything weird about my posts lol My first post was in regards to not knowing many of the players since it's been so long since my last game. It seems more common now for people to post giant walls of text with all their feels on every player, which if I remember correctly used to not come into play much until later in the game. I'm a quiet player, always have been. So it was hard for me to contribute in that way. But I found the D1 lynch helpful for learning play styles since it was such a stark contrast from the game we just ended since there wasn't a lot of talking. When I said later, I didn't mean later that day but later in the game.

And I said I would switch to someone who hadn't checked in by the time I left. Everyone checked in, no need to change votes. Simple as that and not weird.

(also not sure why the posts you quoted of mine aren't showing up so this looks a little weird)

That falls into the compelling reasons not to category, and wasn't entirely anonymous
Well I mean of course they did in that game.

You are using an irrelevant example of the dead having influence in that game, which is negated from me bringing back pbc, so there is no way she had information (or if it came from her, she can quite easily tell us that). So it's coming from a role. Usually if they are omnipotent, they have limited posting via posting restriction initially, and can use anonymous means. Aka I get the point you are making, but not much relevance to where we are st now
But the lulz

I'd definitely switch to PBC to save myself, but earlier in that last 30, not timed a minute before close. As a wolf I've definitely pulled the vote flip at 9:59--you want to hold onto the swap as long as possible to assess whether you need to use it, reduce risk someone sees it as sketchy and reacts with a counter swap, etc.
This must be why @Trilt likes you so much

...also, please teach me your ways lol

Reactions: 2 users
@tartesos, you're dead. You can't like strategic posts.

Reactions: 2 users
Lynch genny

That last second switch in voting was shady af, especially when she was on earlier and could have switched then or tried more to defend.
Why was it shady? Looked like legitimate, smart gameplay, saving herself.

The Dead's Unofficial Lynch Tally

genny (5)
- LIS, WZ, finn, Jil, Kam
STL (1) - Ceke
Cyndia (1) - STL
allieh (1) - raf
Ski (1) - Pippy

9/22
lynch close in ~ 7 hours

Today has been unexpectedly crazy - I only have a few minutes so I just quickly skimmed everything. I wanted to vote genny after her reactions throughout d1, but I see there are several votes on her right now. Id like to do a better read through and see if I pick up on anything else, so holding off voting for her right now. If I never get a chance to read through things, and if nothing new comes out, then Im planning to vote her later.

The timing was shady, not the move itself
Yes but, just thinking it through, if she switched her vote sooner, it would give the rest of the players time to swing the vote back to her. By waiting, didn't she guarantee that she could swing the lynch away from herself at the last second?

I've done the last minute flip as both a villager and a wolf before. I guess I can see hoping someone would change and upon seeing that they aren't going to, you change your vote at the last minute. However, I think normally for a villager it's beneficial to change your vote with some time to spare and then spend your energy trying to convince people to change their mind. That combined with genny's unwillingness to to role reveal at the end rub me the wrong way.

lynch genny

You're just mad it wasn't a tie. I was talking to AM, gave her time to switch, but she wasn't changing.
But why did AM have to be the one to switch: Villager logic: I am villager, other person may not be, I should vote them so village doesn't lose a villager. You wanting someone else to have switched instead of you just seems off. If you wanted to keep your vote you say something like: "hey guys, I like my current vote but am switching for self preservation, anyone else feeling this person. I think we should vote them for *insert reason here*. Instead, you played twenty questions and BSed until the end, and switched at last possible second. So yes, your approach was sketchy, but almost everything you do is sketchy, so I take it wth a grain of trout seasoning

Reactions: 3 users
But why did AM have to be the one to switch
this is a good catch.
@genny why single out AM in the first place? Anyone who wasn't voting for PBC at the time could have swung that tie. Makes me wonder if wolves were trying to stay put on votes so they didn't look too waffley.

And along those lines... snowy's swap off of Genny is gonna look real sketch if genny flips wolf.

Edit for clarification on that last part: Snowy swapped off a weak vote for genny early on. By the time it was approaching lynch close & the tie still hadn't moved, I can totally see a wolf pack taking note that one of them had already switched off a fellow wolf vote, and so to minimize backlash later on, the others would probably have to stay uninvolved.

Last edited:
Also maybe worth noting that this is the second day in a row that Cyndia said she would like to vote for genny, but has not actually done it on either day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I think crayola has become a like giving bot. I think she has singlehandedly doubled my like total from this game alone.

Reactions: 7 users
Why was it shady? Looked like legitimate, smart gameplay, saving herself.
I think others did a great job explaining why the timing was shady. I also didn’t like how genny announced who she was using her ability on while it was still night. I can’t really figure out what the logic was there. No matter what her affiliation is, genny had pretty much zero chance of being wolf or chaos killed last night, so no need to announce what she was doing.

Do you think wolves are going to walk into the thread with big signs on their foreheads saying "Hi I'm a wolf please lynch me?"
This game is all about the little details and subtleties.

But my apologies, I'll keep my D1 votes to RNG and make sure only to call people out for more obvious things in the future. Apparently that's what villagers do.

Haha yup I didn't explain my point very well (it made sense in the middle of the night when I wrote it). I guess the way you went about it sounded more like a wolf then villager. Just thinking about it now though I feel like most games I think you are wolfy so I'll read through your posts again after work and decide whether I'm sticking with my vote from yesterday or not.

At a quick read through. . I definitely thought there were going to be a ton of people dead after glancing at the write up.

Also if genny used her ability on me, not to give her ability away but if it's what I think it could be either affiliation but I think it's usually a village ability.

So far feeling @Cyndia as sketch as well, for reasons stated on this page, she's just posting more, but I feel like it's not only more from her, but fluffy.

However, it's different from her play that I've seen as a wolf, so I'm inclined to lean village.

I'd like to review every page and quote and come up with a reads list, but it's early in the game and I have a big Saturday/possibly Sunday planned. I think I'll come off my Snowy vote because that was a D1 vote based on weak D1 logic, and I suspect there may be a better candidate as the today unfolds. I'll check in at least one more time to put in a vote.

Also if genny used her ability on me, not to give her ability away but if it's what I think it could be either affiliation but I think it's usually a village ability.
2 kills last night & 3 roster moves -- you sure it isn't a boost ability? Not sure that's always village ;)

Last edited:
I'm about to head out to a dinner party where I will likely get very well hydrated. I'm not sure if I'll be back before lynch closes.

I also don't see the suspicious Dubz behavior others seem to be picking up on. I'm usually pretty skeptical of her, but I'm not seeing it right now. :shrug:

As others have said, little bit odd for someone to switch their vote literally atthelastminute to break the tie away from them and also odd that genny was waiting for am specifically to change. Also did not enjoy the 20 questions.

I agree that I don't think the gif message is the most trustworthy thing and probably should be disregarded. I would also assume it's a role versus the dead unless PBC wants to confirm that for us since she was the only one in there.

I'm also shocked that there's only been one post form crayons today. I thought she must've been silenced, but that appears to not be the case.

I'm not entirely thrilled about the fact that someone or something is moving people. If it's someone's role, def not a super big fan even though it does give people a chance to talk to others outside their original group, but was a wolf last game and strider played it well and wasn't super sketchy with it.

Do you think wolves are going to walk into the thread with big signs on their foreheads saying "Hi I'm a wolf please lynch me?"
This game is all about the little details and subtleties.

But my apologies, I'll keep my D1 votes to RNG and make sure only to call people out for more obvious things in the future. Apparently that's what villagers do.

Ugh. I <hate> the "It's D1, nothing to vote on, so let's just RNG." For starters, we've lynched wolves D1 pretty regularly. It is DEFINITELY to the wolves benefit to have people just say "D1 is a waste, can't do anything".

Anyway. Back to work. Client just rolled in.

But why did AM have to be the one to switch: Villager logic: I am villager, other person may not be, I should vote them so village doesn't lose a villager. You wanting someone else to have switched instead of you just seems off. If you wanted to keep your vote you say something like: "hey guys, I like my current vote but am switching for self preservation, anyone else feeling this person. I think we should vote them for *insert reason here*. Instead, you played twenty questions and BSed until the end, and switched at last possible second. So yes, your approach was sketchy, but almost everything you do is sketchy, so I take it wth a grain of trout seasoning
Because AM was around and talking to me? No one else voting for me was saying anything to me the hour before lynch close. Except for tarty, who voted for me to tie it up.

Reading through, I see a ton based on how people feel about the posts thus far this game in relation to the posts of other games. I am still struck that it is day one. While there is useful info here, it does seem like an awful lot is info about prior games, so it is muddying the water for me.

Note to self, if LoTF is a wolf, look carefully back through day 1 for player comparisons.

How do these correlate? What do you mean by Day 1 player comparisons? Sorry... just lost on what you are trying to indicate here.