The WWatering Hole Bar Grand Opening - Game Thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Idk, I'm grumpy about it.
Expanding on this, I'm not grumpy because they voted for me per se (that does make me grumpy but not enough for retaliation), I'm grumpy because when I asked for reasons I wasn't given any, and when I went back to look through I realized it was because there were no reasons. So, sketchy in my mind. I may be biased.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
*draws circle on floor*

*draws a blade across his hand and lets drops of blood fall to the floor in the middle of the circle*

Wolfspeaker
Wolfspeaker
Wolfspeaker

Wait, let me evoke the Watchtowers, and raise a cone of power as well. *removes clothing and grabs Athame*

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So many pages...

Cyndia was converted on the last night last game. That's how we won: by converting instead of killing. So I didn't include her because she was a villager the whole time.

Oh haha I didn't really think about whether there was a conversion last game or 4 original wolves.

I`m not feeling this much, but Genny has been super quiet, like that last time when she was.......
no point in bringing past games but... Lets go for a TIE!!!
too soon to tell.

***Lynch Genny****

Genny has not been super quiet.

It took me too long to catch up on the thread in my current state and I didn't even read everything

Can't post strategy though so guess I has.to wait

Weird comment - if WZ is a wolf will look at genny.

Expanding on this, I'm not grumpy because they voted for me per se (that does make me grumpy but not enough for retaliation), I'm grumpy because when I asked for reasons I wasn't given any, and when I went back to look through I realized it was because there were no reasons. So, sketchy in my mind. I may be biased.

I think my feels are mainly based on you calling out little details in what people said - seems like stretching to find sketchy things D1 which seems wolfy to me.

Because both of the mods were (shockingly) intoxicated last night, and we're still missing a good few night actions, please hold for close a bit later this morning.

Please get your actions in if you haven't.

***Contingency Lynch STL***

(in case I'm not awake in time for the day cycle)

Alright, went back and reread everything. Haven’t been around much for the beginning of this game, my apologies.

Top reads right now:

Jil – has a number of posts, but I didn’t see any with any game content. She said she would have more time for this game, wolfy to me that she seems like she’s around but not contributing any insights

Allie –
I will say...this long of a day cycle is kind of annoying/exhausting especially when D1 votes typically don't hold much weight. But as someone who doesn't know the play style of probably 80% of the roster, it's been helpful. Last game didn't help because it was such a quiet game but I feel like I'm picking up on things more. Maybe I can later contribute to the giant blocks of text giving my read on every single person that has apparently become the norm.

this post is weird. Basically saying “I like that everyone’s talking this game, I feel like I’m actually catching things now! Maybe I’ll come back later and tell you guys what I’m thinking.”
I voted PBC purely to create a fun early tie knowing things would probably drastically change before the end of the lynch. No good other reason except maybe some residual bitterness from last game. However, I see myself moving my vote to someone who hasn't checked by the time I sign off tonight since I won't be around for the end of the lynch most likely. If they can't grace us with their presence after almost 48 hours of game play, what gives?
Then here says that they’ll probably switch their vote to someone who hasn’t checked in…
Just weird.

Ceke- I’m just not seeing the whole blitzen is playing too well thing. I reread blitzen’s posts and I can see where they’re coming from. It looks like they’re trying to think through things, but have some doubts because they’re a new player. The fact that ceke kept pushing that blitsen was SO good just seems like grasping at straws for reasons to make someone else look sketch.

Tartesos – sketch to make it a tie so close to lynch close. Also don’t like that the reason to make it a tie was because Genny had been quiet for a little bit. When genny has been around, she’s posted.

It's when AM turns into a turd and doesn't want to answer any questions or give any defense and people have to ask her a ridiculous amount of questions to get some sort of half-assed answer out of her because she doesn't want to be helpful or make things easier and it makes me want to lynch her every time even though I was a spectator and not playing.

I actually looked backed to the first time I did it and apparently I was trying to get lynched. Go figure.

Reactions: 4 users
I think my feels are mainly based on you calling out little details in what people said - seems like stretching to find sketchy things D1 which seems wolfy to me.
Do you think wolves are going to walk into the thread with big signs on their foreheads saying "Hi I'm a wolf please lynch me?"
This game is all about the little details and subtleties.

But my apologies, I'll keep my D1 votes to RNG and make sure only to call people out for more obvious things in the future. Apparently that's what villagers do.

Members don't see this ad :)
I still have lik a zillion pages to go through from last night because ya'll were on a roll for D1, but right now the biggest thing that's standing out to me was how defensive crayola and blitzen both were acting with such few votes in their respective directions.

Can you explain your rationale for this last minute switch off the tie? Why did you wait until last possible second to do so, as that reads super sketch, ya know?
Because I didn't want to get lynched and I was hoping someone else would switch. Playing 20 questions with AM was getting me nowhere (big surprise, right?). Used my ability on Snowy last night, you can ask her what she thinks of it. I'm not just going to reveal something like that day 1.

I still have lik a zillion pages to go through from last night because ya'll were on a roll for D1, but right now the biggest thing that's standing out to me was how defensive crayola and blitzen both were acting with such few votes in their respective directions.
I'm so torn on crayola. The "I want everyone to be clear, I'm a villager" stance was so bizarre on the first day.. and just unwarranted. Like, on D1, would ANYBODY claim to be something other than villager? But everyone is saying this is pretty normal posting style for her, and I do think it would be pretty difficult to keep up this posting style if you're a first time wolf trying to act like your villager self (at least, it would be difficult for me). So I'm torn there. She's definitely on my radar, but I'm leaning more towards the people that are posting a moderate amount but aren't giving any reads.

Holy crapola...only on page 6 of this and there are now 9 pages, probably mostly me on the last two... what the hell did you all discuss? It isn't like end game... it is only Day 1... was there really that much to talk about? Ok... back to reading all of this crap.
Ironically this was my feeling when I woke up to 3 new pages, and it’s mostly you catching up! :rofl:

If there is a game where YOU do not have me at a minimum of wolf lean, you are doing it wrong
You could be the mod and I’ll still have you in the likely wolf category. :p

Jil – has a number of posts, but I didn’t see any with any game content. She said she would have more time for this game, wolfy to me that she seems like she’s around but not contributing any insights
This is actually pretty typical for me D1. I hate D1. We really don’t have much to go on, there are a lot of players, so a lot to read through, and since this D1 was so long, there were a lot of conversations that I thought were just distracting and annoying. I get distracted by all the players and have a more difficult time picking up on little things.

Edit because I forgot: oh the irony of YOU saying I’m wolfy for not posting much, when I think I posted more than you did! :laugh:

So far my only real read is that I feel like I’ve been agreeing with LIS a lot, which I usually seem to do when he’s village, so he’s leaning that way atm.

Last edited:
Because I didn't want to get lynched and I was hoping someone else would switch. Playing 20 questions with AM was getting me nowhere (big surprise, right?). Used my ability on Snowy last night, you can ask her what she thinks of it. I'm not just going to reveal something like that day 1.
I never said reveal your role, I asked for your rationale. Not a fan of the deflection.

I wasn't feeling Genny yesterday, but I don't think that's how I would react in her situation as a villager.

I'd definitely switch to PBC to save myself, but earlier in that last 30, not timed a minute before close. As a wolf I've definitely pulled the vote flip at 9:59--you want to hold onto the swap as long as possible to assess whether you need to use it, reduce risk someone sees it as sketchy and reacts with a counter swap, etc. Am just generally more cautious/calculated as a wolf up for lynch than as a villager and this could fall in that wagon.

Will wait for Snowy to weigh in.

Reactions: 3 users
~NIGHT CLOSE RESULTS SOON SORRY FOR MOD-ABANDONMENT~

Also don't think I'd announce who I used my ability on before night close if I was hoping to use it to prove my innocence.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Ironically this was my feeling when I woke up to 3 new pages, and it’s mostly you catching up! :rofl:

You could be the mod and I’ll still have you in the likely wolf category. :p

This is actually pretty typical for me D1. I hate D1. We really don’t have much to go on, there are a lot of players, so a lot to read through, and since this D1 was so long, there were a lot of conversations that I thought were just distracting and annoying. I get distracted by all the players and have a more difficult time picking up on little things.

So far my only real read is that I feel like I’ve been agreeing with LIS a lot, which I usually seem to do when he’s village, so he’s leaning that way atm.
Hey @SummerTheLynx, where do these two emojis fall on the Jil scale of wolfiness? ;)

Reactions: 6 users
1.jpg
Trilt and I were invited to an industry night last night and ended up having a few too many with the other bartenders on main st. Someone didn’t like the fact that we showed up to work hungover and late. They took out their frustrations on poor @Animal Midwife who was found smashed on the floor. No more will we be able to savor her pumpkin flavor. Way to go, y'all ruined fall for us.

AM - Southern Tier Pumking Beer - who was so basic with her pumpkin flavor, that she had to post in the most ridiculous fashion.

Good news though! A heavenly force pervaded the bar and wept tears at the wrongful death of PBC yesterday. "Why? whyyyy? WHHHHHYYY?" They drunkenly cried. Their tears fell into PBC's empty bottle and by their grace PBC was resurrected!

Welcome back @PrincessButterCup to the game!

But it looks like Trilt and I weren't the only ones making bad decisions last night! @SkiOtter and @SummerTheLynx were found in the closet together :naughty:

@tartesos unfortunately was found dead this morning, someone had cracked his bottle and watched his delicousness slowly leak out.

Tartesos - Malibu "Rum" - Vanillager for now, but had so much to live for, so much to offer!

Because the mods are ever so willing to oblige to a N1 mod kill:

In true spirit of "going out for JUST ONE drink," @LetItsSnow ended up the most drunk hydrated at the bar last night. In spectacular fashion, he finished off @PippyPony, @finnickthedog, and @britzen, leaving their liquorless, lifeless bottles strewn about. Stumbling around on the shelf, he lost his balance and @WildZoo grabbed on to save him from falling to the floor and shattering. Alas! LIS took Dubz over the edge with him.

JK no one because Trilt dove heroically and saved the bottles from hitting the floor, while I restocked the drinks that LIS finished off.

p.s. Only because Trilt wouldn’t let me liberally mod-kill nearly a quarter of the roster. :|

p.p.s. Totally all just mod-flair btw.

It is now Day 2. Day will close at 2200 EST tonight
_ _ __ ___ ____ ______ __________ ______ ____ ___ __ _ _

Roster

I’ll come out for ONE drink
1. @LetItSnow

Shots? SHOTS!
2. @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo
3. @SnowshoeDog143
4. @rabbott1971
5. @PrincessButterCup - Maker's Mark Whiskey

Awkward First Date
6. @Kam325
7. @DVMDream

What Happened Last Night?
9. @Ceke2002
10. @Crayola227
11. @finnickthedog

I Knew I Should Have Stayed Home
13. @genny
14. @WildZoo
15. @Cyndia

Winos
16. @Jilary
17. @allieh8607
18. @raf2769

Whiskey Aficionados
21. @LadyOtheFarm
22. @britzen

Trying to Recreate the College Days
23. @PippyPony
24. @mmmdreamerz

Do You Want Me to Make You Breakfast?
8. @SkiOtter
12. @SummerTheLynx

19. @Animal Midwife - Southern Tier Pumking Beer
20. @tartesos - Malibu "Rum"

Last edited:
~Will consider pushing back lynch deadline a couple of hours if people decide they need more time today~

I was the one who revived pbc, always a proponent of using the revive early.

Looking back, I want to start on cyndia for my lunch and place a bit of pressure there and see how she reacts.

*************lynch cyndia*************

Someone REALLY wanted to get this message to everyone, but unfortunately all we were able to decipher from their drunk text were these gifs:
bbjZYWP.gif

giphy.gif

200.gif

I’m going to go with
#########lynch allie#########
for now. For the inconsistent posts that I quoted before.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile