The WWatering Hole Bar Grand Opening - Game Thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have posted (only once, because I just don't have a lot of feels atm), but I appreciate that the one post I have made is to lynch Crayola for the same reasons that you just did. Up until your vote, I was the only vote on crayola, and I feel like that is something someone would look at before throwing out a lynch vote.
I also notice that your notes on players look like things that have already been discussed by various people on the thread, so they're really not novel. Makes me wonder if you're a wolf trying to look like they're wolf hunting for the village, but really just repeating what everyone says.

Hm. I just accused Ceke of the same thing but gave Blitzen a pass. I felt like Blitzen's comments were more committed.

Hm.

Not fond of the "only posted once because I don't have a lot of feels" thing. If every player did that the game would last one page. Go MAKE some feels - challenge someone and see how they respond and what you think of it. Don't wait around for them to spoon feed you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reminds me of my first lounge game...I was way too friendly or bubbly when introducing myself and was met with a big "yeahhhh...no" from a lot of players. Felt like a huge idiot.

Everybody does something weird their first game or ten.

My first game I pulled some blindingly stupid stunt that was seen right through immediately. (I think I was converted, but I can't remember, and tried to pretend to be a seer or something amazingly stupid and clear people. I got lynched like within a day or two.)

D1 We Should Buy A Bar UnOfficial Lynch Tally

Blitzen (1) - Finn
STL (1) - LOtF
Cyndia (1) - Pippy
Pippy (1) - Genny
LIS () -
Genny (4) - AM, WZ, LIS, Cake
Cake () -
Snowy (1) - Crayola
Tartar Sauce () -
PBC (4) - Cyndia, Allie, 3m, Jil
AM (1) - PBC
3M (1) - TheGirlWithTheRidiculouslyLongThing (BBC)
Crayola (2) - Raf, blitzen
LOtF (1) - DVMD
Dubz (1) - Snowy

19/24 Voting
Genny and PBC are in the lead.

Lynch ends in: 7.5 hours @ 2200 EST

giphy.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I wish it were tied between Genny and Crayola, or Genny/Crayola/PBC. I'm not TOO broken up over a Genny/PBC tie, but....

Reactions: 1 user
Definitely don't like LotF's STL vote. Finn and Pippy's votes are .. meh, I don't feel it, but they seem legit. BBC and Snow's votes seem weird.

Reactions: 1 users
Whoa, Trilt just texted me to say roles are out and you guys have already racked up 5 pages.

Crayola sounds like Crayola to me.

Is Finn's participation level a new thing? Remember her being quieter/less proactive in posting elaborate reads, but it's been a long time since I've played.

Why are people feeling PBC? And can I join in? :shifty:

I voted PBC purely to create a fun early tie knowing things would probably drastically change before the end of the lynch. No good other reason except maybe some residual bitterness from last game. However, I see myself moving my vote to someone who hasn't checked by the time I sign off tonight since I won't be around for the end of the lynch most likely. If they can't grace us with their presence after almost 48 hours of game play, what gives?

Hmm, I'm starting to side eye Crayola myself. At first I thought it just seemed like her usual game style, but for day 1 it's a bit over the top. But then Genny's response was majorly defensive as well.

The things that strikes me as really off about Crayola is the vehemence of the "I'M NOT A WOLF" denials coming from somebody who only had one vote against them. Genny's defensiveness definitely reads sketchy, but she was pushing back against leading the votes, so it doesn't read as sketchy to me as cray does.

Reactions: 2 users
The things that strikes me as really off about Crayola is the vehemence of the "I'M NOT A WOLF" denials coming from somebody who only had one vote against them. Genny's defensiveness definitely reads sketchy, but she was pushing back against leading the votes, so it doesn't read as sketchy to me as cray does.

The thing with Crayola though is I think she tends to be an overly committed villager (kinda like me), so if she's village and people are looking at her like she's a wolf her automatic response might be to start defending/protesting a little too hard because when you're an overly committed villager and the finger is pointing at you all you can tend to think is 'OMG, people are about to lynch a villager, and the wolves are going to win'. The main thing that is making Crayola seem sketchy to me is that I don't remember her having this sort of day 1 freak out before, even with a vote or two behind her. It's probably the sort of thing I would do, but it seems slightly out of play for Crayola. It's still not enough for me to throw a vote her way though.

~Attempting to reach STL and Tartesos to bring them into the game or see if they need replacement~

Reactions: 8 users
I'm on the fence about crayola. Granted I skimmed her posts because I can't handle processing it, but I'm willing to give her a pass for now since her play feels like last game. Will definitely need to lynch at some point if the convoluted nonsense keeps up though.

Anyways - I'm happy with either a genny or pbc lynch today. I was on pbc initially as a joke, but I'm okay with it now. I am somewhat contemplating switching to genny though. She seemed more sketch her in reaction than pbc. I'd like to hear more from both of them before I decide.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm, actually I'm going to

Unlynch Genny

Lynch Britzen

Take this as a compliment, but if this is only your second game, you're playing a little too well. It's making me wonder if you have a pack advising you, considering you don't have a manator as far as I know.

Hmm, actually I'm going to

Unlynch Genny

Lynch Britzen

Take this as a compliment, but if this is only your second game, you're playing a little too well. It's making me wonder if you have a pack advising you, considering you don't have a manator as far as I know.

This strikes me as bizarre.

Ceke, are you sure you're not trying to pull a novice wolf move and bail out a fellow wolf?

Reactions: 2 users
This strikes me as bizarre.

Ceke, are you sure you're not trying to pull a novice wolf move and bail out a fellow wolf?

Are you sure you're not defending a fellow wolf by making accusations of bizarreness against me. A noob suddenly playing like they're driving Le Mans singlehanded seems a little suspicious to me.

A noob suddenly playing like they're driving Le Mans singlehanded seems a little suspicious to me.

Hoy! But, also thank you?

I don't think my play is different than last game. I had a manator for it (Finn), but I think I only asked her 2 or 3 questions about the mechanics of the game (things like "what happens if there is a tie?") AM said I seemed a little too smart for a noob that game too.

My pms so far this game have consisted of a few thinly veiled sexual innuendos between me and @PippyPony... I don't think that can be in any way interpreted as advice. :laugh: Speaking of... Is it just her shoes, or am I getting lucky tonight? :naughty:

Are you sure you're not defending a fellow wolf by making accusations of bizarreness against me. A noob suddenly playing like they're driving Le Mans singlehanded seems a little suspicious to me.
I don't get it....Britzen makes one post with their feels (none of which were much different from what several people have already said) and all the sudden they're seen as playing really well?

Hoy! But, also thank you?

I don't think my play is different than last game. I had a manator for it (Finn), but I think I only asked her 2 or 3 questions about the mechanics of the game (things like "what happens if there is a tie?") AM said I seemed a little too smart for a noob that game too.

My pms so far this game have consisted of a few thinly veiled sexual innuendos between me and @PippyPony... I don't think that can be in any way interpreted as advice. :laugh: Speaking of... Is it just her shoes, or am I getting lucky tonight? :naughty:

I don't get it....Britzen makes one post with their feels (none of which were much different from what several people have already said) and all the sudden they're seen as playing really well?

It's not the one post, it's the way it was worded. It made sense, but like a little too much sense, it didn't read as noob sense to me it sort of read as noob being possibly schooled by a wolf pack kind of sense.

I don't like either of the leaders right now. As far as D1 Lynchburg goes I think both of them typically provide enough to the game to make it worth keeping them around.

Skimmed quickly and one post of Dubz gave me wolf-Dubz feels. I'll quote it later when I read through more carefully. Though that counteracts my logic in part A, at least this time I have feels to go along with it.

Unlunch whoever my placeholder vote was, lynch Dubz

Is Finn's participation level a new thing? Remember her being quieter/less proactive in posting elaborate reads, but it's been a long time since I've played.
I raised an eyebrow a little bit at that too. I don't want to discourage her actually participating but quiet is definitely more her MO.

As far as D1 Lynchburg goes I think both of them typically provide enough to the game to make it worth keeping them around.
This part
followed by this part...hurts pretty bad :p

Whoa, Trilt just texted me to say roles are out and you guys have already racked up 5 pages.

LOL.
(tbf, Day 1 has been running for like 48 hours now, right?)

It's increased from her typical baseline.

Hmm, I'm starting to side eye Crayola myself. At first I thought it just seemed like her usual game style, but for day 1 it's a bit over the top. But then Genny's response was majorly defensive as well. :thinking:

Why are people feeling PBC? And can I join in? :shifty:
Like LIS, this post made me squint more than a little bit. I get the joke, but the first part...hrm.

I feel like the cadence of your posts has also changed a bit -- more frequent, less verbose, and less weird (sorry if that's offensive. maybe a more appropriate descriptor would be that your posts seem more focused).

Reminds me of my first lounge game...I was way too friendly or bubbly when introducing myself and was met with a big "yeahhhh...no" from a lot of players. Felt like a huge idiot.
I still feel like this every game :rofl:

This is only my second game, and my first one was a utter s***show. I managed, in short order to: prevent the lynch of a wolf on D1, throw suspicion on myself by starting some villager on villager verbal violence, and pushing to lynch innocent villagers two nights in a row resulting in our loss. I'm suffering from serious self-doubt about how good I am at reading people, so I'm definitely susceptible to the influence of more experienced players arguments.
Don't doubt yourself. Sometimes fresh eyes are better than those whose opinions are more deeply entrenched. I mean, experience helps, too. But a lot of new players are way too down on themselves, imo.

Brit reads village noob to me so far based on posts like these.

Everybody does something weird their first game or ten.
Or every game. It's the internet, people are kinda supposed to get weird...aren't they?

My first game I pulled some blindingly stupid stunt that was seen right through immediately. (I think I was converted, but I can't remember, and tried to pretend to be a seer or something amazingly stupid and clear people. I got lynched like within a day or two.)
Is this the origin of the hatred of conversion?!

However, I see myself moving my vote to someone who hasn't checked by the time I sign off tonight since I won't be around for the end of the lynch most likely. If they can't grace us with their presence after almost 48 hours of game play, what gives?
I am actually kind of feeling similarly. I'm still a little on the fence about Cyndia because I feel like the number of posts has been increased from what she usually posts, and I don't want to penalize that...but the content has been somewhat lighter, and post increase can be sketch if you don't usually post at all (see: Finn right now). But I am also considering moving to someone who isn't playing as much this game.

idk why everyone always thinks noobs are *****s. Like, I'm pretty sure WW experience is not necessarily a prerequisite for independent thought and problem solving.

Accurate representation of the PMs.

But woah there -- I'm a flirt, but I'm also a lady. (Sometimes. ;))
:flame:

I don't like either of the leaders right now. As far as D1 Lynchburg goes I think both of them typically provide enough to the game to make it worth keeping them around.

Skimmed quickly and one post of Dubz gave me wolf-Dubz feels. I'll quote it later when I read through more carefully. Though that counteracts my logic in part A, at least this time I have feels to go along with it.

So what you are saying is that Dubz doesn’t typically provide enough to the game to make it worth keeping her around?

Like LIS, this post made me squint more than a little bit. I get the joke, but the first part...hrm.

I feel like the cadence of your posts has also changed a bit -- more frequent, less verbose, and less weird (sorry if that's offensive. maybe a more appropriate descriptor would be that your posts seem more focused).

No offence taken, I'm currently medicated again, which tends to tone down some of my more obvious eccentricities and means I can communicate in a slightly more focused manner. Thank you, Olanzapine. :)

D1 We Should Buy A Bar Official Lynch Tally

Blitzen (2) - Finn, Cake
STL (1) - LOtF
Cyndia (1) - Pippy
Pippy (1) - Genny
LIS () -
Genny (3) - AM, WZ, LIS,
Cake () -
Snowy (1) - Crayola
Tartar Sauce () -
PBC (4) - Cyndia, Allie, 3m, Jil
AM (1) - PBC
3M () -
LOtF (1) - DVMD
Dubz (2) - Snowy, BBC

19/24 Voting
PBC is in the lead.

Lynch ends in: 4 hours @ 2200 EST

giphy.gif

Whoops, apparently I should have checked in over lunch break. I won't be terribly sad to be your D1 lynch - I have a very vanilla role anyway, so the village isn't losing anyone too important.

Are all the votes for me because I voted AM for "always feeling wolfy"? It was a dumb comment, but whatever, village me is always dumb. I can't catch up now (break is almost over) and if we get another case on the floor I might not be off until lynch has closed.

Unlynch AM
Lynch Dubz

For slight feels.

Wait, I should be in before lynch is over. I mis-converted the time. I'll try to give reads and contribute after work.

Eh. Just re-read, am ok with where my vote is for now.

The waffles off of genny feel a little weird. Dubz, raf and snowy are all acting mildly defensive/grumpy & I'm not really sure what to make of it in any of the 3 cases.

Going to a halloween party - don't expect to be around for lynch close. :vamp:

I won't be terribly sad to be your D1 lynch - I have a very vanilla role anyway, so the village isn't losing anyone too important
Losing any sort of villager is bad, even if vanilla. Are you just giving up? Or are you going to try and convince us to keep you around once you get off work?? It always sets off flags for me when someone's defense is "I'm just vanilla so it's not a huge loss to lynch me"

Eh. Just re-read, am ok with where my vote is for now.

The waffles off of genny feel a little weird. Dubz, raf and snowy are all acting mildly defensive/grumpy & I'm not really sure what to make of it in any of the 3 cases.

Going to a halloween party - don't expect to be around for lynch close. :vamp:

I don't really blame WZ for being grumpy...she was killed N1 last game and it was implied she doesn't have as much to bring to the table compared to others....

Losing any sort of villager is bad, even if vanilla. Are you just giving up? Or are you going to try and convince us to keep you around once you get off work?? It always sets off flags for me when someone's defense is "I'm just vanilla so it's not a huge loss to lynch me"

Seconding this, that was a super weak response. Happy with where my vote is.

Firing off a random lynch vote the instant voting opens seems wolfish to me.
Lynch Finn.

I raised an eyebrow a little bit at that too. I don't want to discourage her actually participating but quiet is definitely more her MO.

:laugh: What?

First of all my MO is not "quiet" that's just typically the result in early game.

But regardless as much as I'd love for my WWing skills to have improved to the point of me making noticeably more contribution... it hasn't.

How about you go take another look because I have posted a total of 8 times in this game. 7 of them contributed absolutely nothing. The one post that had content didn't really offer up anything new.

I am actually kind of feeling similarly. I'm still a little on the fence about Cyndia because I feel like the number of posts has been increased from what she usually posts, and I don't want to penalize that...but the content has been somewhat lighter, and post increase can be sketch if you don't usually post at all (see: Finn right now). But I am also considering moving to someone who isn't playing as much this game.

Fyi I actually used to be a pretty active player in the games I played before vet school. My activity level really just depends on what I have going on in my life, and right now I happen to be spending most of my week days in the library studying for the NAVLE which makes it easy to check in a lot.

Also someone called me active last game and it made me happy, so I'm chasing that feeling. :laugh:

I'm gonna go ahead with a lynch Queen of Slime (aka PBC)

the feels are high, especially from her "im just vanilla so it doesn't really matter anyway"

But woah there -- I'm a flirt, but I'm also a lady. (Sometimes. ;))

Can't tell pony-related pun was made on purpose or accident, but either way... :laugh: Don't worry, I'm more interested in stable relationships anyway. ;)

Reactions: 3 users
Phone won't let me multi-quote, so responding and analyzing will have to wait until after lynch because I'm about to leave the house for the night.

Thank you Wubz and Jil for pointing out exactly what I said myself in my own post. What I also said is that the reason I was doing it was because at least in the WZ direction I have feels, whereas I have no feels for PBC or Genny.

Last time I had D1 thoughts of "this seems Wolfy" in regards to WZ I was right, so with nothing else to go on there is no reason for me to not chase those feels today. If I'm wrong that sucks, because yes Dubz contributes a lot to the game. She would be a good rez target for later on, providing we have a rezzer in the game.

Trout was supposed to blow up my Facebook when this started (to be fair she did, but only 3 hours ago while I was still at work) and I am at a point in my evening where I can't really sneak away. I will try and get on soon, but it's very possible activity will start consistently for me tomorrow

D1 We Should Buy A Bar Official Lynch Tally

Blitzen (2) - Finn, Cake
STL (1) - LOtF
Cyndia (1) - Pippy
Pippy (1) - Genny
LIS () -
Genny (3) - AM, WZ, LIS,
Cake () -
Snowy (1) - Crayola
Tartar Sauce () -
PBC (5) - Cyndia, Allie, 3m, Jil, Ski
AM () -
3M () -
LOtF (1) - DVMD
Dubz (3) - Snowy, BBC, PBC
Finn (2) - Kam, Rabbott

22/24 Voting
PBC is in the lead.

Lynch ends in: 2 hours @ 2200 EST

giphy.gif

I will throw a vote in, strictly from a putting pressure on those with higher votes perspective:

***********lynch blitzen**********

this is off topic but I hope it can clear up some game play drama that is bothering me

this is not meant for LIS, but funny story, disengaging with someone is not making a point in not 1, but 3 games of saying "I'm disengaging with you because you're thin skinned and stupid, and let me talk about you like you're not here by making unfavorable comparisons about you to someone who isn't here and you don't know"

this was all started by me just saying I didn't appreciate an extremely dramatic eyeroll gif for hurting my little feelings, which the person who posted it and I posted about it and it was fine within a few posts, but someone else felt a need to put their foot in and tell me how I should feel about it

also, I don't mind for people to say, I don't follow your logic, can you do better

but making a point of saying you're ignoring someone and not reading their posts, again, just do it, making a point of telling everyone is just a way to put someone down imho

ironically that was a post I didn't reply to, until now, because keeping your mouth shut outside of game strategy is disengaging, and that hasn't happened in enough games now that I felt it was something worth saying something about

Last edited: