Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a Facebook group to join yet?!

Members don't see this ad.

I got an II a few weeks ago and was waiting finance use it until I got my work schedule for this month. It turns out I've missed scheduling my interview by a few days. Does anyone know if they're flexible at all the the 3 weeks for scheduling or if I can still call to schedule an interview?

I got an II a few weeks ago and was waiting finance use it until I got my work schedule for this month. It turns out I've missed scheduling my interview by a few days. Does anyone know if they're flexible at all the the 3 weeks for scheduling or if I can still call to schedule an interview?

Call now and explain your situation. No one on this board will be able to tel you what you want but admission.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know the stats on how many people get off the waitlist post II? I believe they mentioned it at the interview but i forgot the numbers

anyone know the stats on how many people get off the waitlist post II? I believe they mentioned it at the interview but i forgot the numbers

I don't think a number was mentioned at my interview date. However, I've heard that a good number do get off of the waitlist and sometimes people get in during orientation too.

I don't think a number was mentioned at my interview date. However, I've heard that a good number do get off of the waitlist and sometimes people get in during orientation too.

haha yeah thats what i thought too, but the waitlist email said "several students get off the waitlist" each year and I interpreted that as not many getting off the WL even thought I thought they said a good amount got off each year. might just be thinking too much into it lol

Call now and explain your situation. No one on this board will be able to tel you what you want but admission.
Thanks, I ended up emailing them and explaining and will be there to interview March 6th!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey I'm trying to get by without buying a car. Does anyone think that's manageable throughout the first 2 years at least?

Any information on what the class schedule is for the first year? I misplaced the packet of info we were handed at the interview :/

Hi, I'm a second year. One of my classmates is here without a car. He doesn't mind it, but it's hard to grocery shop and go to social events without a car. The summers are hot, I would recommend getting a Car just for the AC. My friend bought a Fiat for under 10K, and that has worked great for him.

The class schedule is pretty full, usually full days 8-5, fridays 8-3. Varies each day, but normally full. Let me know if you have any other questions I can help you with.

Hi, I'm a second year. One of my classmates is here without a car. He doesn't mind it, but it's hard to grocery shop and go to social events without a car. The summers are hot, I would recommend getting a Car just for the AC. My friend bought a Fiat for under 10K, and that has worked great for him.

The class schedule is pretty full, usually full days 8-5, fridays 8-3. Varies each day, but normally full. Let me know if you have any other questions I can help you with.

Thoughts on the full class schedule? Seems like an inefficient way to do things that a lot of schools are moving away from. I suspect this could get frustrating.

Did anyone here interview last tuesday?

Members don't see this ad :)
If I want to send them an academic update (my grades from this past semester), do I have to do it through AACOMAS or can I just send them an email?

@dr_of_rock do it through aacomas during one of their academic update periods (right now i believe) and then send in your upd transcripts by Feb 17 ( date might be a little off-early Feb)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II today. cGPA: 3.57 sGPA: 3.48 MCAT: 30,31 (12 PS, 7,8 VR, 11 BS)

Immunology major from a public university. Avg ECs during UG. Currently working as Pediatric CT Surgery Coordinator at an university hospital.

Do you guys recommend the morning interview or the afternoon interview? I live near SF (now you know what school I went to lol) and I am trying to coordinate flights and stuff....

Immunology major from a public university. Avg ECs during UG. Currently working as Pediatric CT Surgery Coordinator at an university hospital.

Do you guys recommend the morning interview or the afternoon interview? I live near SF (now you know what school I went to lol) and I am trying to coordinate flights and stuff....

I don't think it really makes a difference. But if you do the morning one and fly out the next day, you'll have more time to check out the area/vegas if you're interested.

II for me as well. The earliest date they gave me was feb. 21 and that's going to be really inconvenient and difficult with my schedule. The next date was march 6, which works much better for me. How important do y'all think it is to interview one group earlier? March sounds really late like it will only be for a waitlist spot at that point...

II for me as well. The earliest date they gave me was feb. 21 and that's going to be really inconvenient and difficult with my schedule. The next date was march 6, which works much better for me. How important do y'all think it is to interview one group earlier? March sounds really late like it will only be for a waitlist spot at that point...

I just got II like you, but I don't think March isn't that bad. I've seen some of my friends interview late May in the last cycle and get acceptances. Also, many people get wait-listed even though they interview early. The chance that we will be wait-listed is definitely higher compared to us interviewing like September or October, but if we do well, I think we have a shot at getting accepted without being wait-listed!

But that's just my opinion lol

I just got II like you, but I don't think March isn't that bad. I've seen some of my friends interview late May in the last cycle and get acceptances. Also, many people get wait-listed even though they interview early. The chance that we will be wait-listed is definitely higher compared to us interviewing like September or October, but if we do well, I think we have a shot at getting accepted without being wait-listed!

But that's just my opinion lol

Yeah I don't see one interview group later making that big of a difference. It's just when I think of interviewing in March vs February it seems much later to me for some reason. I think I'll stick with the later date then after a little reassurance though. Thanks!

Has anyone gotten an interview after being placed on the interview waitlist

I just wanna say that I'm crazy jealous that your university had a major in Immunology. Favorite subject!

Thoughts on the full class schedule? Seems like an inefficient way to do things that a lot of schools are moving away from. I suspect this could get frustrating.

The class schedule isn't a problem. They record every lecture, so you can skip class if you want and watch at your own pace. Few mandatory classes and labs, but nothing inconvenient. Hasn't been frustrating for me personally since I study here on campus, but some don't like coming here for the mandatory lectures.

In general, your stats can be lower than average if you really excel at the interview. TUN makes you feel really welcome on interview day and everyone is very straight forward. The administrative staff are people you can actually speak openly with.

In general, your stats can be lower than average if you really excel at the interview. TUN makes you feel really welcome on interview day and everyone is very straight forward. The administrative staff are people you can actually speak openly with.
Totally agree. I felt like a natural fit at this school and was as genuine as possible in my interview, which was very conversational and low stress. I guess they thought I'd be a great fit too! Super excited to attend here

Does anyone remember the deadline to which we can give academic updates to the school?

Does anyone remember the deadline to which we can give academic updates to the school?

I don't believe there is a set deadline. You can continuously send updates till the last seat is filled.

I don't believe there is a set deadline. You can continuously send updates till the last seat is filled.
Yes, I remember one of the staff said this during my interview.

Has anyone received an acceptance off the waitlist (post interview)?

Yeah you have full class schedules on many days. But you also get a ton of holidays off. Also, some classes aren't mandatory, so you could always just watch it online. It's really up to you though. They are pretty flexible with class attendance.

When you go to medical school, you realize why 8-5 is normal though. The amount of information can be suffocating. It'll definitely put your time management skills to the test.

Yeah you have full class schedules on many days. But you also get a ton of holidays off. Also, some classes aren't mandatory, so you could always just watch it online. It's really up to you though. They are pretty flexible with class attendance.

When you go to medical school, you realize why 8-5 is normal though. The amount of information can be suffocating. It'll definitely put your time management skills to the test.

Thanks for the reply. It's good to hear they are flexible with attendance because while I knew many lectures are not mandatory, my tour guide gave us the impression it was frowned upon to not attend.

I'm a bit of an efficiency addict, so I will probably go to class at first to meet people but then do as many lectures online as I can. One thing that has surprised me during this interview process is learning how few people actually attend lecture at many schools.