University of Arizona c/o 2024?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waived for OOS, IS didn't have to pay from the beginning. They waived it due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Definitely not getting off that waitlist...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Facebook group for accepted students

Has anyone received updates regarding available seats or wait list progress?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Admission told us that as of Monday, there are still 5 spots available

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Well, I think because AU didn’t require deposits, some people might hold the seat but waiting for their IS school or get off WL somewhere else. It’s not final yet.

Reactions: 2 users
Well class is full. Offered 5 off OOS waitlist positions and they accepted and 0 off IS.

Well, I was in the “top 20”, but never received a number so I guess they moved me from “top 20” to off the list. I’m imagining the review and someone saying “Oh yeah, this is that old lady...forget it”.

Well, I was in the “top 20”, but never received a number so I guess they moved me from “top 20” to off the list. I’m imagining the review and someone saying “Oh yeah, this is that old lady...forget it”.

Don't give up! The class range is from 51-19yo so don't think that way. It's a very diverse class

Don't give up! The class range is from 51-19yo so don't think that way. It's a very diverse class

Who is the 51yr old? I’m 50, they won’t have 2 of us.

Just to let everyone know, Admissions informed us that the class is full as of now

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for keeping us updated the last few weeks, we appreciate you!

I thought there might be a little more movement for both IS/OOS lists by now. Staying hopeful but also preparing to try again!

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Non existent? They just accepted their first class. So I was just curious if anyone here had applied.

I was accepted and will be attending. Do you have any questions?

I was accepted and will be attending. Do you have any questions?
Yes! I was curious how the MMI’s worked for you? And how much of your application they focused on like gpa, experience, etc.

Yes! I was curious how the MMI’s worked for you? And how much of your application they focused on like gpa, experience, etc.

Yes! So the MMI was great, the questions were general and easy to walk through. Right before the MMI weekend, they sent us out an email saying that admissions decisions would largely be based on the MMI and our conduct throughout the event. They did not take much into account for GPA, as they care much more about attributes, passion, and attitude.

Can any accepted students tell me what day the first payment is due since deposits were not due to reserve your seat?

Can any accepted students tell me what day the first payment is due since deposits were not due to reserve your seat?

Do you mean what was the original date that the seat deposit was supposed to be due?

I think what willrich56 is asking is when will accepted students make a payment of some form (deposit or tuition)? There could potentially be some students holding their seats and withdrawing at the last minute because they haven't had any financial obligations so far.

I’m more than happy to! Do you have any specific questions you want me to touch on?

How have the courses been so far, organized? Do they feel really cramed giving it’s an accelerated program? If you are able to do things in person-how are the facilities?

How have the courses been so far, organized? Do they feel really cramed giving it’s an accelerated program? If you are able to do things in person-how are the facilities?
I do feel like everything has been incredibly organized and the teachers have been wonderful with responses, staying organized, and making sure we have a good experience. The classes are easily laid out for what we need to do-the way our teaching and learning is laid out is largely a flipped classroom style, meaning we have pre-work we do, and then when we're in class, we have three different ways of learning:

1. We have PI questions-this is where we answer questions (think clicker style questions) individually from the pre-work (this is reading that was assigned, and there is typically an assignment of some kind to go along with this reading that you get points for) and if <80% of the class gets the answer correct, we are sent into breakout rooms with 4-5 classmates where we get a few minutes to discuss the question and re-submit our answer for credit of the question. We then discuss as a class why our answer was chosen, and can work through additional questions, why other answers don't fit, etc.
2. We have TBL (team based learning) sessions-this is where we get cases or questions that we work through with a group in breakout rooms for a longer duration and then we come back together and discuss our thoughts as a class.
3. We have iRAT/tRAT questions-this is where we have an individual 'test' (usually a set of a few questions) again from the pre-work that we answer individually, and then we go into our breakout rooms with your group to work through the same questions as a team, you can gain additional points here that you may have missed from your iRAT. We convene together as a group once your tRAT is done and do a similar style of learning to the PI questions where we work through the questions to talk about why the answers are correct, ask additional questions, etc.

If you are ever unhappy with how a question was worded during one of your learning sessions, you can submit an appeal with justification that the teacher will then look at and award points back at justified- they have been very understanding and have often recognized the error of the wording before we get a chance to submit appeals and have given credit to save everyone time.
At no point are we ever really 'lectured'- we do reading and pre-work prior to our learning sessions that is then applied. Each course opens 1 week ahead of time so if you want to get ahead, you have that opportunity. We have case based learning through a program called Thinkspace and then reading assignment questions that we have had so far as pre-work. Each class is easily laid out with objectives, terms, pre-work, when it's due, your assignment, etc. As far as scheduling goes- the days vary. Today I had class from 8-2, yesterday I had class 8-12, Wednesday was 8-11 and then I had lab 2:30-4, tomorrow is 8-4:30 (this is the longest day we've had so far). I would say a typical day is 8-2 or 8-12 with the occasional longer or shorter day sprinkled in. We have 1-2 in person labs per week with the campus varying, so far we've only been at the Hanley campus in Oro Valley, but in 2 weeks we start at the Agricultural Campus for large animal.

The facilities are beautiful, we've done live animal handling starting our second lab (1st lab was non-animal handling, we've done dog safety/restraint, a heart anatomy/dissection lab, and a cat safety/handling lab so far). There are student lounges and study rooms in Oro Valley with a kitchen, conference rooms, meditation room, etc and then our facilities for learning are all technologically very nice, there's tv's throughout for everyone to see what's going on, nice wet tables that are well ventilated, we're supplied lab coats each session that are washed for us as well as PPE when needed based on the lab, they're roomy so you never feel cramped, they've done a good job at breaking up the lab sessions so there's a good division of teachers/students.

The first week was rough adjusting, but I think that would be standard across the board regardless of who you asked. You are learning how to learn in a new format, study effectively and efficiently, I personally moved here by myself with my support system 1,800 miles away so that's been a big change in and of itself, and then you have the social and academic pressure of keeping up with your classmates and accepting that you're not always going to know everything all the time. I've learned to give myself grace and accept its okay to not know something or admit that in front of 109 of my classmates, we've all been there so far.

Our teachers really want us to succeed and have made that obvious by how available they have made themselves and their style of teaching, they are always excited and willing to answer questions and have gone above and beyond, they've been kind and caring and I do truly feel like they're invested. There are always multiple doctors in our labs at all times to help with whatever questions we have/want to learn/etc and they've always been willing to stay after our sessions to continue to answer our questions. During our longer sessions we are given multiple brain breaks and they never stop us from answering questions- if we don't get to questions it's okay, we've never felt pressured to stop asking questions or feel like we're bothering them. During any given session we also have multiple doctors on as well so its nice to have different perspectives of an answer or a case, so whether that be from an internist, a pathologist, an ER focused doctor, an equine focused doctor, an anesthesiologist, we've gotten a really great variety in teaching so far and that's been really wonderful to have.

To sum up your question on if I feel crammed or not- the answer at this second would be no. I chose this program because they emphasized the work life balance and that was important to me. I feel like they've done a really good job at sticking to their word of maintaining that balance so far. I'm much happier having pre-work and learning this way than sitting in lecture from 8-5 and then studying after personally. I feel like I've been absorbing the material much better now than I ever did in undergrad and don't feel like I don't have time to not do anything else. I work every other Saturday for 10 hours, I've gone out a few times with friends, I find leisure time in my schedule to run errands and give myself a brain break by watching trashy reality tv and my pre-work is normally done 4-5 days ahead of time and I review the material for the next class the night before. Many of my classmates are parents and/or have continued to work, so we're all finding out what works for us, but I think that they're doing a good job at keeping us in a healthy balance.
I hope this answers all of your questions, please let me know if you have anymore, I am more than happy to answer them!

Reactions: 5 users
I do feel like everything has been incredibly organized and the teachers have been wonderful with responses, staying organized, and making sure we have a good experience. The classes are easily laid out for what we need to do-the way our teaching and learning is laid out is largely a flipped classroom style, meaning we have pre-work we do, and then when we're in class, we have three different ways of learning:

1. We have PI questions-this is where we answer questions (think clicker style questions) individually from the pre-work (this is reading that was assigned, and there is typically an assignment of some kind to go along with this reading that you get points for) and if <80% of the class gets the answer correct, we are sent into breakout rooms with 4-5 classmates where we get a few minutes to discuss the question and re-submit our answer for credit of the question. We then discuss as a class why our answer was chosen, and can work through additional questions, why other answers don't fit, etc.
2. We have TBL (team based learning) sessions-this is where we get cases or questions that we work through with a group in breakout rooms for a longer duration and then we come back together and discuss our thoughts as a class.
3. We have iRAT/tRAT questions-this is where we have an individual 'test' (usually a set of a few questions) again from the pre-work that we answer individually, and then we go into our breakout rooms with your group to work through the same questions as a team, you can gain additional points here that you may have missed from your iRAT. We convene together as a group once your tRAT is done and do a similar style of learning to the PI questions where we work through the questions to talk about why the answers are correct, ask additional questions, etc.

If you are ever unhappy with how a question was worded during one of your learning sessions, you can submit an appeal with justification that the teacher will then look at and award points back at justified- they have been very understanding and have often recognized the error of the wording before we get a chance to submit appeals and have given credit to save everyone time.
At no point are we ever really 'lectured'- we do reading and pre-work prior to our learning sessions that is then applied. Each course opens 1 week ahead of time so if you want to get ahead, you have that opportunity. We have case based learning through a program called Thinkspace and then reading assignment questions that we have had so far as pre-work. Each class is easily laid out with objectives, terms, pre-work, when it's due, your assignment, etc. As far as scheduling goes- the days vary. Today I had class from 8-2, yesterday I had class 8-12, Wednesday was 8-11 and then I had lab 2:30-4, tomorrow is 8-4:30 (this is the longest day we've had so far). I would say a typical day is 8-2 or 8-12 with the occasional longer or shorter day sprinkled in. We have 1-2 in person labs per week with the campus varying, so far we've only been at the Hanley campus in Oro Valley, but in 2 weeks we start at the Agricultural Campus for large animal.

The facilities are beautiful, we've done live animal handling starting our second lab (1st lab was non-animal handling, we've done dog safety/restraint, a heart anatomy/dissection lab, and a cat safety/handling lab so far). There are student lounges and study rooms in Oro Valley with a kitchen, conference rooms, meditation room, etc and then our facilities for learning are all technologically very nice, there's tv's throughout for everyone to see what's going on, nice wet tables that are well ventilated, we're supplied lab coats each session that are washed for us as well as PPE when needed based on the lab, they're roomy so you never feel cramped, they've done a good job at breaking up the lab sessions so there's a good division of teachers/students.

The first week was rough adjusting, but I think that would be standard across the board regardless of who you asked. You are learning how to learn in a new format, study effectively and efficiently, I personally moved here by myself with my support system 1,800 miles away so that's been a big change in and of itself, and then you have the social and academic pressure of keeping up with your classmates and accepting that you're not always going to know everything all the time. I've learned to give myself grace and accept its okay to not know something or admit that in front of 109 of my classmates, we've all been there so far.

Our teachers really want us to succeed and have made that obvious by how available they have made themselves and their style of teaching, they are always excited and willing to answer questions and have gone above and beyond, they've been kind and caring and I do truly feel like they're invested. There are always multiple doctors in our labs at all times to help with whatever questions we have/want to learn/etc and they've always been willing to stay after our sessions to continue to answer our questions. During our longer sessions we are given multiple brain breaks and they never stop us from answering questions- if we don't get to questions it's okay, we've never felt pressured to stop asking questions or feel like we're bothering them. During any given session we also have multiple doctors on as well so its nice to have different perspectives of an answer or a case, so whether that be from an internist, a pathologist, an ER focused doctor, an equine focused doctor, an anesthesiologist, we've gotten a really great variety in teaching so far and that's been really wonderful to have.

To sum up your question on if I feel crammed or not- the answer at this second would be no. I chose this program because they emphasized the work life balance and that was important to me. I feel like they've done a really good job at sticking to their word of maintaining that balance so far. I'm much happier having pre-work and learning this way than sitting in lecture from 8-5 and then studying after personally. I feel like I've been absorbing the material much better now than I ever did in undergrad and don't feel like I don't have time to not do anything else. I work every other Saturday for 10 hours, I've gone out a few times with friends, I find leisure time in my schedule to run errands and give myself a brain break by watching trashy reality tv and my pre-work is normally done 4-5 days ahead of time and I review the material for the next class the night before. Many of my classmates are parents and/or have continued to work, so we're all finding out what works for us, but I think that they're doing a good job at keeping us in a healthy balance.
I hope this answers all of your questions, please let me know if you have anymore, I am more than happy to answer them!
This honestly sounds like my dream schedule

I just applied for this school!!!! did any accepted students have to complete a supplemental assessment?

I just applied for this school!!!! did any accepted students have to complete a supplemental assessment?
I just completed it. I am not accepted yet obviously but can answer any questions about it if you have any.

Can anyone applying this year please tell me how the supplemental video assessment was? How many questions were there, what kind of questions were asked and how did the video format go? Thank you in advance!!

Can anyone applying this year please tell me how the supplemental video assessment was? How many questions were there, what kind of questions were asked and how did the video format go? Thank you in advance!!
Hi! I just finished it a few hours ago so I'll tell you while I remember. I had 6 questions, 5 video and 1 written. A video plays of someone asking a question, you have 45 seconds to think about it, then 1 minute to respond via video. Questions are mostly behavioral/situational but not complicated!

Hi! I just finished it a few hours ago so I'll tell you while I remember. I had 6 questions, 5 video and 1 written. A video plays of someone asking a question, you have 45 seconds to think about it, then 1 minute to respond via video. Questions are mostly behavioral/situational but not complicated!
I did the practice questions... and they were not what I was expecting. Would you say it’s similar easy going type questions?

I did the practice questions... and they were not what I was expecting. Would you say it’s similar easy going type questions?
The practice questions are definitely different from what I expected! Only because I was expecting complicated questions :laugh:

Is there a separate thread for the next year’s incoming class?

There is a little confusion using the standard SDN format bc U AZ CVM is a 3 year program, so
- The class that just started = c/o 2023 = entering 2020 cohort = "last year's class" on SDN. with thread called 'U AZ c/o2024?'
- Current cycle applicants are applying for the class of 2024 = entering 2021 cohort.

Seems ok to keep this thread - nice to have a lot of info on it - or if someone makes a new thread, it would be most accurate to call it 2024 - without the '?' and possibly even rename the this one? A question for the moderators?

There is a little confusion using the standard SDN format bc U AZ CVM is a 3 year program, so
- The class that just started = c/o 2023 = entering 2020 cohort = "last year's class" on SDN. with thread called 'U AZ c/o2024?'
- Current cycle applicants are applying for the class of 2024 = entering 2021 cohort.

Seems ok to keep this thread - nice to have a lot of info on it - or if someone makes a new thread, it would be most accurate to call it 2024 - without the '?' and possibly even rename the this one? A question for the moderators?
Makes sense. Does anyone know when interview invitations will be rolling out?

263C2EA6-3401-4057-9BCC-4CD387D406E2.jpeg

I got an email from admissions last week that my application is under review, and if selected for an MMI I’ll hear back in 4-6 weeks.

I got an email from admissions last week that my application is under review, and if selected for an MMI I’ll hear back in 4-6 weeks.
Did you already complete the supplemental application?

Oh my gosh you guys. I just did the supplemental application and I feel like I got wrecked... I thought I had prepared so well but some of the questions really threw me off. I'm not holding out hope for an interview :( Did anyone else feel like that after doing it?

Oh my gosh you guys. I just did the supplemental application and I feel like I got wrecked... I thought I had prepared so well but some of the questions really threw me off. I'm not holding out hope for an interview :( Did anyone else feel like that after doing it?
I was practicing for a week and I still messed it up. At this point, I am taking a step back and be like yeah I don't think I'm getting in this cycle. And I am pushing this cycle in the back of my head :laugh: I hope the school understands how nervous we all are during this time.

What would you do differently next time? any suggestions for how to prepare for it? Thanks!

What would you do differently next time? any suggestions for how to prepare for it? Thanks!
I knew that it was mostly behavioral/situational questions, but some of the video-based questions were just very specific. I’ve seen a lot of more general behavioral interview questions, but I would try to find practice questions that narrow down the kinds of experiences you can draw on as an answer. I’d say it was about 50/50 normal questions and ones that made me really think, so they definitely weren’t all that bad.