Tufts c/o 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS rejection, good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS rejection :( Hate to say I'm getting used to these, I had 2 today.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
for those who were rejected, did Tufts include any GPA cutoffs in their explanation? I've seen screenshots of some schools doing that

for those who were rejected, did Tufts include any GPA cutoffs in their explanation? I've seen screenshots of some schools doing that
No GPA cutoff. It was word for word the same as my rejection from 2018, haha.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230118-083614_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230118-083614_Samsung Internet.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 184
OOS Interview waitlist!! Super nervous since my application initially had a hold. Anyone have any insight on how quickly the alternate list goes? This is the first time I've been placed on one

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have any tips for the interview? Or can link to a thread from past years :) thanks!!

OOS rejection - good luck to everyone interviewing 😊

On their website about their DVM/MPH program, it says those who get interviewed will get an application to the dual program in January. Has anyone heard anything about that yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have an interview with Tufts- how are you preparing for it?

If you have an interview with Tufts- how are you preparing for it?
I haven't really started preparing 😅 but since it is open file I was planning to practice some basic behavioral interview questions, reread through my application and supplementary essays, review the Tufts program/curriculum and other unique aspects of Tufts that interest me to ask questions about, and make a short list of things I have been doing since my application to discuss.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I had my interview on December 19th and I prepped by going back through the application I submitted, making a list of questions about Tufts to ask, and outlining how I would answer the most frequently listed questions on the SDN interview feedback page. Best of luck to everyone interviewing soon, you've got this!!

Reactions: 5 users
does anyone know how many people they interview and how many the accept?
I can't recall the original interview and acceptance numbers. But if it helps, my class started with 105, and I think the class of '26 has 110. They're gradually trying to expand the class size.

just had my interview and honestly it was the easiest, best one yet. the interviewers made me feel super comfortable and it was very personal in a good way. they seemed to be interested about me as a person, not just me as a veterinary student, and i really really liked that. left with a good and warm feeling:)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Do they ask questions specifically about what you wrote about in the application essays?

Has anyone written down questions you want to ask your interviewers on a paper and asked off it during your interview? I feel like in between all my nerves I might forget to ask them the things I really want to know about. If I do this, will it impact me negatively?

Has anyone written down questions you want to ask your interviewers on a paper and asked off it during your interview? I feel like in between all my nerves I might forget to ask them the things I really want to know about. If I do this, will it impact me negatively?
I told my interviewers at other schools I wrote questions down that I had during my research. I don’t see how that could be frowned upon? :/

i did this! i also did this for upenn and liu and i was accepted to both of those so i feel like it’s ok to do. in fact, i think it’s a good thing to come prepared! just try to avoid staring at the paper during the interview:)

• Care
For other Indy reviews, I wrote mine on a piece of paper so I’d remember to cover everything. I tried to go off memory though and was mainly successful, but I knew I was able to glance down at times to make sure I got everything and that definitely made me feel less nervous

• Care
Hi, friends! I just saw on my portal where my interviewers have been selected. Do you know if Tufts seems to pair us up with faculty who have similar interests to us? One of my interviewer's primary interest is public health, just like me...and that feels so personal and thoughtful. Does anyone know?

Hi, friends! I just saw on my portal where my interviewers have been selected. Do you know if Tufts seems to pair us up with faculty who have similar interests to us? One of my interviewer's primary interest is public health, just like me...and that feels so personal and thoughtful. Does anyone know?
I had my interview a couple days ago and both of the interviewers' primary interests are public health too... and I just graduated from my M.P.H... so I feel like it is more personal and probably intentional?

I had my interview a couple days ago and both of the interviewers' primary interests are public health too... and I just graduated from my M.P.H... so I feel like it is more personal and probably intentional?
yes!! only one of mine is public health, but the other is path and ironically, I didn't mention that in my app but it is another interest of mine.

How did you like your interview? :)

• Wow
yes!! only one of mine is public health, but the other is path and ironically, I didn't mention that in my app but it is another interest of mine.

It was very conversational, and they asked me more about my essay, experiences and more personal things. I was expecting to have some questions of "Why Tufts?" or "Tell me a time when..." , but in my case, it was more personal than I would have liked. It was relaxing but I just personally didn't like the interview too much. But of course, that's just my pov :unsure:. Best of luck to you!! You will do great!!

Also that's pretty spooky that the other one is also your interest!

It was very conversational, and they asked me more about my essay, experiences and more personal things. I was expecting to have some questions of "Why Tufts?" or "Tell me a time when..." , but in my case, it was more personal than I would have liked. It was relaxing but I just personally didn't like the interview too much. But of course, that's just my pov :unsure:. Best of luck to you!! You will do great!!
Thank you!! <3

They do try! I was paired with a pathologist, and my interests are wildlife and pathology. It's not a guarantee, but at least one of your interviewers is likely to at least somewhat match. only a small number of people in my year that I've spoken with had nothing in common with their interviewers.

• Care
They do try! I was paired with a pathologist, and my interests are wildlife and pathology. It's not a guarantee, but at least one of your interviewers is likely to at least somewhat match. only a small number of people in my year that I've spoken with had nothing in common with their interviewers.
God I freaking love this school!! I’m crying in the club. If I get in…it would be so hard to turn down that dream for a cheaper option (if I had a cheaper option).

Definitely paired with your interests in mind. I want to do equine & I'm a horse girl at heart lol. I just checked and one of my interviewers for tomorrow is equine and rides as well, so def planned. It's a nice thoughtful touch!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
hey guys just asking again, for those of you that heard back from tufts, how long after your interview was it? i want a rough estimate of when i’ll hear back

hey guys just asking again, for those of you that heard back from tufts, how long after your interview was it? i want a rough estimate of when i’ll hear back
I interviewed on 12/19 and heard back on 1/10! They email you saying that an admissions decision has been made and the letter is on your portal :)

Does Tufts have requirements for stethoscopes or scrub colors?

Technically preclinical students are supposed to wear brown scrubs but I’m unsure how much they are enforcing this rule. I’ve never worn brown scrubs for Clinical Skills even though we are “supposed to.” In terms of stethoscope, you should have one for when you need them for clinical skills. But it doesn’t need to be anything fancy.

Unsure if they are doing things differently than when I applied a few years ago but usually the first few interviews (Dec interviews) are notified a few weeks following their interview while Jan and Feb interviews have decisions released in Feb. They should email that there is an update on your portal when that occurs.

Unsure if they are doing things differently than when I applied a few years ago but usually the first few interviews (Dec interviews) are notified in a few weeks after their interview while Jan and Feb interviews have decisions released in Feb. They should email that there is an update on your portal when that occurs.
Do you know when in Feb, typically late? or mid?

Technically preclinical students are supposed to wear brown scrubs but I’m unsure how much they are enforcing this rule. I’ve never worn brown scrubs for Clinical Skills even though we are “supposed to.” In terms of stethoscope, you should have one for when you need them for clinical skills. But it doesn’t need to be anything fancy.
yeah my year got a little e-mail slap on the wrist about not wearing brown scrubs at one point first year, but for the most part people still wear whatever scrub color they want to clin skills and anatomy. my first year roommate says that people in her class don't really wear the brown scrubs either. but probably good to order a pair just in case they decide to get strict about it.
Do you know when in Feb, typically late? or mid?
and i found out about my acceptance feb 22nd 2021 and interviewed in early feb so i think it just depends.

Does anyone know if the sooner you interview that meant you are higher ranked coming into interviews? Mine is next week and just wondering if I’m on the bottom of the list.

Hey all, about how long are the interviews?

Did everyone get the email about the Q and A tonight? When do interviews finish?

I'll be on the Q&A panel tonight! if anyone can't make it and has questions, I'm happy to chat with you on here:cat:

Is tufts having in person tours this year?