Midwestern University c/o 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That sucks. Love how I was told I’d probably hear back before the holidays and now it’s mid February 😅

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
omg and u still haven’t heard !?? have u called and asked?
Yeah they said I should hear back shortly after the last interview date on Feb 1st when I called a couple weeks ago. Its just so stressful since others have heard who interviewed the same day I did even though the admissions people didn’t seem too concerned that I hadn’t heard.

Yeah they said I should hear back shortly after the last interview date on Feb 1st when I called a couple weeks ago. Its just so stressful since others have heard who interviewed the same day I did even though the admissions people didn’t seem too concerned that I hadn’t heard.
i’m so sorry that’s so frustrating. i interviewed last week but i have a feeling we will find out soon since it was the last set of interviews. so maybe you’ll find out with feb 1st interviewers do!

I know it’s still early with people hearing back from other schools and making decisions, but I made a thread for those who have been accepted to Midwestern and are looking to meet others who may be in the class of 27!

It’s midwestern c/o 2027 if anyone is interested

Officially accepted my seat at Midwestern c/o 2027! See y'all there!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone going to Visit Day next month? I’m excited to see the campus!

Officially accepted my seat at Midwestern c/o 2027! See y'all there!!!
Did you receive your acceptance letter or phone call today? I’m trying to figure out when the next wave of acceptance is going out

Did you receive your acceptance letter or phone call today? I’m trying to figure out when the next wave of acceptance is going out
They told me in 2-3 weeks when I called last week but also sounded very unsure so I wouldn’t count on that being accurate. This waiting is killing me though. 2.5 months now 😫

No, I received an acceptance letter in October (the letter came before the email for me - no phone call). Just now accepted my seat and put down the deposit!

Members don't see this ad :)
for those interviewed 2/1, has anyone’s portal changed yet or no
Pretty sure anybody who didn’t hear a while ago hasn’t heard back yet. The committee has not met in a very long time.

The same thing happened to me too. I wonder if that’s leading toward an acceptance?
I don’t think it has any relation. It’s happened to me twice since I interviewed in November smh.

When is the visit day? Where can I find more information on it? Thank you in advance

Reactions: 1 users
Got my official rejection OOS interview waitlist

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
i wonder if this means that the committee is meeting today

OOS acceptance via portal change!!!! :DI interviewed on 2/1

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
No updates for me in my portal or via email. I’m convinced I’m rejected since I interviewed way earlier and I haven’t heard.

Are you going to call ?
No I’ve called twice now and it was not helpful either time. They never really said anything, just that I should hear soon and ignored the fact that I said I was told I would hear before the holidays in my interview.

No I’ve called twice now and it was not helpful either time. They never really said anything, just that I should hear soon and ignored the fact that I said I was told I would hear before the holidays in my interview.
Yea I can understand the frustration. They never seem to know much when I call them either.

What does it say for yours ? And what time did you notice ?
There are items under the accepted student checklist now when there wasn't anything before! I noticed it like 10 minutes before I posted (I needed a few minutes to freak out first)

I emailed them earlier today and I was told:
“The admissions committee plans to meet next week. After next week, your application status should be updated by the admissions committee.”

I interviewed on Feb 1st if that helps anyone

they’re meeting now though, i don’t think it’ll go through next week

Accepted student checklist has been updated with matriculation agreements/deposit, so I assume that’s an OOS acceptance!

Reactions: 3 users
Out of state acceptance interviewed 2/1 🥹🥹🥹❤️❤️❤️

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Hi I’m needing some advice, I have been on the alternative list since December and I’ve notice that I have been crying every time I hear that acceptances or portal has changes, even though mine hasn’t… I’m happy for those that have been accepted, it’s just hard to not cry when I feel my dream slipping from my grasp

• Care
Hi I’m needing some advice, I have been on the alternative list since December and I’ve notice that I have been crying every time I hear that acceptances or portal has changes, even though mine hasn’t… I’m happy for those that have been accepted, it’s just hard to not cry when I feel my dream slipping from my grasp
So sorry to hear this. It sucks hearing about others getting your dream when you’re not getting to experience it too. Maybe try taking a break from reading forums and try and do things you enjoy to take your mind off everything. And I know it’s easier said then done but try to believe that things happen the way they are meant to, and just because you haven’t gotten in doesn’t mean you won’t at some point and you will still have the career you want it just might happen a little later than you thought.

I am so sorry you are so upset. I am actually on this site for an applicant who decided months ago that it would be too stressful to follow it often. Instead, I will check fairly regularly and share advice and information when appropriate. Maybe somebody can do that for you so that you are not constantly checking and it will alieve the stress a bit. That being said - I have visited most of the threads, and a common theme I am seeing is that 1) applicants get off the waitlist and are called up for weeks, maybe months after the April deadline, so please do not lose hope. 2) There are so many individuals who have been accepted to amazing programs on their second try so do not give up hope!

I personally think that this site offers a ton of different perspectives and some valuable information. I tend to not post because my one and only post was taken so out of context that I was uncomfortable but in general people are lovely, supportive and encouraging. Despite what others said, I believe that there is knowledge out there to be gathered from the posts people have shared. If this is not your year, after you have had time to absorb it all, go through the threads, taking it all with a grain of salt, and see if it changes the way you would have applied etc. Most important remember that you are wonderful!

So sorry to hear this. It sucks hearing about others getting your dream when you’re not getting to experience it too. Maybe try taking a break from reading forums and try and do things you enjoy to take your mind off everything. And I know it’s easier said then done but try to believe that things happen the way they are meant to, and just because you haven’t gotten in doesn’t mean you won’t at some point and you will still have the career you want it just might happen a little later than you thought.
Thank you, I really needed to hear that. The anxiety has been eating a hole in my chest. Is there a way to find out how many applications were interviewed, accepted, and rejected? I want to try and figure out if I have a chance of getting removed from alternative list

anyone else portal update yet?
My portal was updated!! But I have red X on the "Required Pre-requisites" and that's weird because I took all the courses. So, I don't know if the portal update means I was accepted

Is there a way to find out how many applications were interviewed, accepted, and rejected? I want to try and figure out if I have a chance of getting removed from alternative list