Midwestern University c/o 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a way to find out how many applications were interviewed, accepted, and rejected? I want to try and figure out if I have a chance of getting removed from alternative list
How would anyone know this if they haven’t finished sending out status updates… also has anyone received a rejection yet? Idk if anyone has posted that but I probably will be getting one since people who interviewed after me have gotten acceptances.

Members don't see this ad.

How would anyone know this if they haven’t finished sending out status updates… also has anyone received a rejection yet? Idk if anyone has posted that but I probably will be getting one since people who interviewed after me have gotten acceptances.
same im tryna know if anyone has been rejected yet. i still haven’t heard anything

Reactions: 1 user
My portal was updated!! But I have red X on the "Required Pre-requisites" and that's weird because I took all the courses. So, I don't know if the portal update means I was accepted
Mine had this on several of the pre-requisite courses. If you took any of them as AP courses, they need additional information. A few of mine just had to be manually checked/entered on their end as well. Reach out to the admissions team and they can clear this up for you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a way to find out how many applications were interviewed, accepted, and rejected? I want to try and figure out if I have a chance of getting removed from alternative list
I think you have to reach out the committee to see how many people on the waitlist or ask where you are placed if they have the waitlist ranking. During the interview, the admission told us there are probably 250 acceptance out of 400 interviews. Also, you probably won't hear anything at least until 4/17 since that is the official deadline for people who receive the acceptance and determine whether they accept or decline their seats. If there are more people who decline the seats than the class size, you will have the chance to get pulled off the waitlist. I have heard people who got pulled off the waitlist a week prior to school starts, so you may need to wait until that time.

Accepted students, how are you sending required transcripts through? I’m on my portal right now and I just saw I need to send through transcripts.

Edit: never mind, I just reread my acceptance letter and it states all transcripts will be sent to MWU after we submit our deposit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Accepted students, how are you sending required transcripts through? I’m on my portal right now and I just saw I need to send through transcripts.

Edit: never mind, I just reread my acceptance letter and it states all transcripts will be sent to MWU after we submit our deposit.

Do you mind if I ask how much the deposit is?

Mine had this on several of the pre-requisite courses. If you took any of them as AP courses, they need additional information. A few of mine just had to be manually checked/entered on their end as well. Reach out to the admissions team and they can clear this up for you!
thank you so much! It would be at the admissionsaz email?

Just wanted to let you guys know they are sending the emails out today.. at least the acceptance ones. Though my portal updated yesteday- I just received an official acceptance letter in my email.

Is there a Facebook page or anything for those that have been accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a Facebook page or anything for those that have been accepted?
According to a current student, there are FB groups, including one for housing, that we can join after we've accepted our seats.

Is there anything I can join now I haven’t fully decided where I want to go yet
Not that I know of. I haven’t fully decided yet either. Are you planning on attending the campus visit? I feel it will be a great way to ask questions and get an idea of what life there will be like.

My portal was updated!! But I have red X on the "Required Pre-requisites" and that's weird because I took all the courses. So, I don't know if the portal update means I was accepted
Update: I wrote to [email protected] and they got back to me today indicating that everything was cleared and now I have the green checkmarks on the portal!

Update: I wrote to [email protected] and they got back to me today indicating that everything was cleared and now I have the green checkmarks on the portal!
Does your required "veterinary experience" hours have a green check? Mine is still red, not sure if that's the same for everyone or if I need to reach out to them

Does your required "veterinary experience" hours have a green check? Mine is still red, not sure if that's the same for everyone or if I need to reach out to them
You probably should contact them regarding it. Mine shows as a check

Since the beggining, it was the only thing with the green check! You should reach out🚨🚨

Since the beggining, it was the only thing with the green check! You should reach out
That's so weird, initially half of mine showed green and half red. I emailed when I noticed and they fixed everything except for that. I just emailed them again, will see if that resolves it! Thank you!!!

Just a friendly reminder that if you have selected a set at another university, to please email admissions and let them know. Many students are on the alternative list and desperately hoping to see if they will be given a seat. Please do not wait till the cut off date to decided between schools. Help make someone’s dream possible this week.

Reactions: 4 users
Finally !!! My portal changed and I got an email this morning it looks like around 1130.!!! I can’t believe it OOS ACCEPTANCE!!!! Ima Be A Vet !!!! ❤️❤️❤️🥳🥳🥳🥳

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Finally !!! My portal changed and I got an email this morning it looks like around 1130.!!! I can’t believe it OOS ACCEPTANCE!!!! Ima Be A Vet !!!! ❤️❤️❤️🥳🥳🥳🥳
when did you interview !?

Ugh I also interviewed on 11/30 but haven’t heard yet

When will they start selecting students from the alternative list? Feel like I’m being looked over every time the board meets

That’s so long! Do much anticipation! I interviewed on 11/17 and have been on the alternate list since 12/7😭
I’m on the alternative list from October. Do you know when they will start choosing applicants from the alternate list? I feel like my application is being looked over because it’s on the alternative list

I declined my OOS seat today ! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
When will they start selecting students from the alternative list? Feel like I’m being looked over every time the board meets
Hopefully not until after they are done looking at those of us who haven’t heard anything since our interview.

I’m on the alternative list from October. Do you know when they will start choosing applicants from the alternate list? I feel like my application is being looked over because it’s on the alternative list
I was told it can be any time from now to august, they look at the alternates at every meeting to consider compared to newly interviewed candidates.

If we can’t go to the accepted students day can we still go on our own time to view the campus or will everything be locked up? Or is there gonna be a different accepted students day I can attend?

If we can’t go to the accepted students day can we still go on our own time to view the campus or will everything be locked up? Or is there gonna be a different accepted students day I can attend?
Where do you see info on accepted students day ?