University of Florida (UF) College of Dentistry Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: University of Florida College of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of Florida College of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Interview #2
School: University of Florida
Notification date: 7/9
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17
Application complete date: 6/25
GPA (science, overall): 3.49; 3.61
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/24/No
Dates available: 7/22 ; they schedule it and give you a time
Method of interview: Virtual

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #1
Notification date: 7/28
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/3
Application complete date: 7/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.79; 3.87
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/18/24/No
Dates available: Gave me a date to accept or reschedule

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #1
Notification date: 7/28
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/3
Application complete date: 7/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.79; 3.87
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/18/24/No
Dates available: Gave me a date to accept or reschedule
When did you get your supplemental?

Hi everyone! I submitted my app 7/4 and am an oos student. Has anyone out of state received a supplemental application yet? Thanks!

Update: I received it today, 8/15.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advice for the interview?
Know your application well. Most of my questions were about experiences I had listed. And "why dentistry". An interviewer kept on pressing that question, but idk, I think I didn't phrase my answer well enough to get my point across 🥴🥴 because he kept asking "then why not x career instead?"

Interview #4
Notification date: 9/1
Method of notification: email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/27
Application complete date: 8/31
GPA (science, overall): 3.51, 3.59
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/20/23/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/13

Good luck to everyone on their interviews. This school is amazing. If you have any specific questions please feel free to DM...I promise if I have time I will respond.

Interview #4
Notification date: 9/1
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/27
GPA (science, overall): 3.51, 3.59
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/20/23/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/13
Congratulation!! When did you receive your supplemental application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #2
Notification date: 9/15
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/30
GPA (science, overall): 3.65, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/20/23/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/28

Does getting a supplemental mean you're being considered for an interview?

Has anyone heard if it was possible for applicants to get supplemental application months following their submission? I submitted my app 7/25 and my app was complete 7/28. So far it looks like everyone getting their uf supplemental is receiving it 1-2 weeks following their initial submission.

Has anyone heard if it was possible for applicants to get supplemental application months following their submission? I submitted my app 7/25 and my app was complete 7/28. So far it looks like everyone getting their uf supplemental is receiving it 1-2 weeks following their initial submission.
I submitted my application June 15. But I didn't take the DAT until July 30, so I'm sure that's the earliest it started being processed.

And I just got a supplemental this week.

I submitted my application June 15. But I didn't take the DAT until July 30, so I'm sure that's the earliest it started being processed.

And I just got a supplemental this week.
Did you send it yet? Have they offered interview yet?

Anyone get offered an interview the past week?

Did supplement a week ago but no interview offer

Hey guys! Can anyone who has already interviewed with Florida tell me how long the actual admissions committee interview is? I have a start time but no end time. Thanks!!!!

Hey guys! Can anyone who has already interviewed with Florida tell me how long the actual admissions committee interview is? I have a start time but no end time. Thanks!!!!
mine lasted around 20 min

Any thoughts on sending UF a letter of interest after receiving a supplemental? I'm an in-state applicant whose stats are a bit lower than their usual, but it's absolutely my top choice!

Any thoughts on sending UF a letter of interest after receiving a supplemental? I'm an in-state applicant whose stats are a bit lower than their usual, but it's absolutely my top choice!
Send it to UF for sure. I sent a letter of interest to a school I haven't gotten an interview from and my status changed from Application Complete to Under Review within 3 days

Did everyone who interviewed receive an email about their open house?

Reactions: 2 users
Send it to UF for sure. I sent a letter of interest to a school I haven't gotten an interview from and my status changed from Application Complete to Under Review within 3 days
Which school was it if you don't mind me asking? I just sent a letter of interest to uf so fingers crossed.

Which school was it if you don't mind me asking? I just sent a letter of interest to uf so fingers crossed.
Who did you email letter to? Good luck. Was thinking about doing same thing

anyone elses interview super hard

I'd say it was just comparatively my least favorite interview. I interviewed at NOVA and LECOM and the interviewers were relaxed/laid back and the conversation flowed better in general.

Some of the answers I had for UF's questions didn't seem to be "enough" for the interviewers, but the same answers to similar questions at other schools seemed to be just fine.

UF was also my first interview so that could be a factor as well (like nervousness and not knowing what to expect)

hi! i’m a D1 at UF and so excited to interact with all of you who get accepted next week! our class is ready to welcome you and answer all the questions!! good luck !! :)))

Does anyone know what time they start sending out emails?
I heard they start calling around 6:30am EST for acceptances then the email will follow. If you've been waitlisted or rejected they will send an email later that evening

accepted students welcome & heres your FB :)

Just got an acceptance at 9:36 am, so they're still calling it looks like!

Reactions: 1 users
I am guessing no more calls as it is reaching the afternoon?