University of Tennessee c/o 2023 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also I will "pop over" and tackle hug you
I just got to school and I almost want to pop over to admin and ask when decisions are going out, but they might not appreciate that

Members don't see this ad.

You are already in... so maybe they won't mind as much! :)

Likely though, it will be this afternoon. If not, tomorrow at the latest? Has anyone heard anything other than before March 1st?

Reactions: 1 user
I just got to school and I almost want to pop over to admin and ask when decisions are going out, but they might not appreciate that :laugh:
Please help us out!! I can pay you in candy and online hugs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Today was the date given most recently.... And my theory is that "by March 1st" means they plan to release before then but are allowing themselves some padding in the event things don't go as planned for release today.

So, I guess it COULD be today, tomorrow or Friday. But PLLEEAASSEE... Today.
You are already in... so maybe they won't mind as much! :)

Likely though, it will be this afternoon. If not, tomorrow at the latest? Has anyone heard anything other than before March 1st?

I'm in class for the next several hours, I get out around 215 so I hope I come out of class to a pleasant surprise!! Hopefully next time I post we will all be celebrating!

Reactions: 1 users
I just heard that the meeting that was supposed to happen yesterday got postponed until today... So probably not going to hear today! :|

Aw, big time bummer!! But... Does that mean for SURE tomorrow? Do they meet and send out decisions the next day?
I just heard that the meeting that was supposed to happen yesterday got postponed until today... So probably not going to hear today! :|

Yes, what they said! ^ What exactly did you hear, from whom, and how reliable is that source in connection with the decision committee? (also... Thank you for sharing the update with us! We just all hope you're wrong! Lol)
How did you find this out? Are you for sure?

Yes, what they said! ^ What exactly did you hear, from whom, and how reliable is that source in connection with the decision committee? (also... Thank you for sharing the update with us! We just all hope you're wrong! Lol)
My advisor is on the committee... so very reliable sadly. If they don’t postpone the meeting, it should be tomorrow when we find out. My friend talked to him about it this morning. But good news is you can stop obsessively checking for today

My advisor is on the committee... so very reliable sadly. If they don’t postpone the meeting, it should be tomorrow when we find out. My friend talked to him about it this morning. But good news is you can stop obsessively checking for today
Lol, yes I'd say you're right then. Thank you for giving us up to date info, it does make it easier to know why there's no email for the rest of the day!

Members don't see this ad :)
The girl I sit next to in biochem is pre vet but not to the application stage and knows decision day is looming... She mentioned something about some schools calling people! That would be fun!
I wish we did what Davis does and students got to call people with decisions. That would be so much fun :)

I wish we did what Davis does and students got to call people with decisions. That would be so much fun :)

I think it would be extra meaningful to get the call from a current student. Kinda like a "passing the torch" sort of deal.

But when I got the call from the admissions person at Ross, it was my first acceptance and I started sobbing uncontrollably LOL. She was trying to maintain a legitimate convo with me and I could not stop crying. Good times haha!

I think it would be extra meaningful to get the call from a current student. Kinda like a "passing the torch" sort of deal.

But when I got the call from the admissions person at Ross, it was my first acceptance and I started sobbing uncontrollably LOL. She was trying to maintain a legitimate convo with me and I could not stop crying. Good times haha!
There was a mixup with my emails (initially got a waitlist email but was supposed to get an acceptance once) so they called me to make sure I had gotten the corrected one. I had a very hard time holding it together lol

I completely and totally agree that that would be awesome! But honestly, they could send my letter by carrier pigeon and I would be thrilled.

Whhhaaatt?! No way! I bet you about stroked out! That's incredible!
There was a mixup with my emails (initially got a waitlist email but was supposed to get an acceptance once) so they called me to make sure I had gotten the corrected one. I had a very hard time holding it together lol

Whhhaaatt?! No way! I bet you about stroked out! That's incredible!
I got the corrected email ~half an hour after the initial one and almost threw my tablet out the window. Then got the call about 10 minutes later. Very exciting haha

Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully they stick to "By March 1st" and we hear tomorrow or Friday!!!!!

Is today the day? Maybe.... I'm not expectant but I AM hopeful. It might be a sign that today is summer registration, beginning at 3pm, my summer schedule highly depends on the contents of that letter so maybe the timing will be juuuust right.

On APVMA, someone called Tuesday and they hoped to have decisions sent out this weekend. So I am not quite sure if we will hear today or tomorrow.

I tried calling Deborah to find out when decisions will be released and shes out of the office

Total conspiracy theory here, but what if Ms. Shepherd being out of her office means they are in the middle of the admissions meeting this morning??

Reactions: 3 users
Total conspiracy theory here, but what if Ms. Shepherd being out of her office means they are in the middle of the admissions meeting this morning??

This is EXACTLY what I thought! Or I thought maybe shes really busy getting ready to send the emails and can't take phone calls.

This is EXACTLY what I thought! Or I thought maybe shes really busy getting ready to send the emails and can't take phone calls.

Eeeeep! Either way, I would say it's definitely a sign that things are about to start moving. They probably realize she could never get 300 emails properly distributed if she had to answer our calls all day

Or she could just be out getting an ole Einstein's bagel. We shall never know. Haha!

If I don't hear anything by Monday, I'm going to be sooooo peeeeeeeeeved.

I am going to choose to assume the meeting thing bc that is the lesser of two evils and gives me a positive hope to hang on to.

However... If anyone DOES get through.... We are all waiting with baited breath for an update!

Sad... man. The day I finally STOP expecting it will come, maybe it will.

Sending good vibes out to everyone. We will know soon!

Does anyone know if they had their admissions committee meeting yesterday for sure? Or if it was postponed again.

Does anyone know if they had their admissions committee meeting yesterday for sure? Or if it was postponed again.
They had the meeting yesterday. They are waiting on dean approval now. We will hear this afternoon pending dean approval.

They had the meeting yesterday. They are waiting on dean approval now. We will hear this afternoon pending dean approval.

Oh my gosh. I'm officially freaking out. Keeping all of you in my thoughts this afternoon. Proud of all of us no matter what!!

Not today, y’all. They wouldn’t send out letters this late in the afternoon. I’d imagine tomorrow between 10 and 2 EST.

Guys, I’ve been following this thread for awhile, but this is my first post. I just wanna thank y’all for calming my nerves throughout this whole thing! No matter what happens, I hope you know that we rock for getting this far!! HOPEFULLY we will all be studying together this time next year!!!!

Oh my God I love you so much right now! I cannot believe I missed these updates!!

I JUST SCREAMED and scared all 3 of my sleeping dogs and 1 of my sleeping cats over this update.

I JUST SCREAMED and scared all 3 of my sleeping dogs and 1 of my sleeping cats over this update.
I was really hopeful it was today too! Honestly its so late in the day that I have given up hope :( I guess the dean was just slightly too busy for us today.

I was really hopeful it was today too! Honestly its so late in the day that I have given up hope :( I guess the dean was just slightly too busy for us today.
If that’s all that’s left surely we have to hear tomorrrow, right? I’ve decided I’ll call at 3 tomorrow if nothing by then.

If that’s all that’s left surely we have to hear tomorrrow, right? I’ve decided I’ll call at 3 tomorrow if nothing by then.
You would think so, but they have already pushed us back 2 weeks from the original deadline so I would not be surprised. Also, us IS folks interviewed in early October. I'm not sure what the hold up is :mad:

Even back when they did IS and OOS interviews together in January, they still heard by April! I am just hoping the painful wait will have a sweet, sweet payoff! But honestly, it's probably like ordering food at a restaurant.... It finally comes when you go to the bathroom, so if we all stop expecting them to come maybe then they actually will?? All I know is this is the longest I've been at max stress continuously I think EVER.
You would think so, but they have already pushed us back 2 weeks from the original deadline so I would not be surprised. Also, us IS folks interviewed in early October. I'm not sure what the hold up is :mad:

Remember when I said it was probably best to go with the latest date they gave, aka "by March 1st"? ;)

The "hold up" is that they put a lot of time and consideration not only into each individual applicant, but also into the class they are building as a whole. There are a lot of people who have input on this and most of them have other important things they are doing at the same time as file reviews are happening as well - the admissions committee is made up of professors, clinicians, associate deans, etc who all have a hundred things on their plates at once. Things come up - it's a small school and a small committee, so a couple people being out sick or some such can have a big impact. I don't believe doing IS interviews early was ever meant to be a way to get decisions out earlier, but rather to spread the work out a little bit.

The dean doing a final review means he is looking over every applicant who they plan to send an acceptance letter to...that is a lot of people. Believe me when I say a little patience goes a long way here, and will serve you well in the years to come! This is not a process that should be rushed, though I know how anxiety inducing it can be to wait. I urge all of you to take a deep breath and and try to relax. There is nothing you can do right now to speed up the decision, nor should you want to.

Reactions: 4 users