You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UPenn c/o 2024
Started by VMDsurgeon
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do they notify you in your acceptance letter if you get a scholarship?
If someone got a scholarship they would be able to answer that
You guys are awesome, so much good information here for anyone considering Penn!!! 😍
Thanks! Trying to keep this page gucci. I mostly chime in with tidbits. I see a lot of questions and I'm like ****. That is going to require a lot of typing and then I scroll down and ajs has been a gem and done all of the leg work 😍 If you hang on this site a bit, you'll see a lot of the new school SDNers are clicky up the butt. But it's generational it seems. I miss the old schoolers that have been out for 2-3 years now, and if we lead by example, the next wave will be nice as well. Kindness man. Treat others the way you want to be treated. So much weird advice (take everything that is said, including what I say, with a grain of salt) and a lot of new people getting **** on for not using the search function properly or god forbid someone even considers bringing up factors other than which is the cheapest school. Keep the questions rolling, it's a tough time (just wait till school hits, though, this time in your life is gonna seem like heaven). Eat sushi, skip the escargot unless it's reputable, laugh a lot, hang with your friends, get your inter-personal relationships sorted, get some sun, auto-pay your credit cards, get yo self redddddyyyy.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think you and I would be great friends IRL 😛 You sound like a realist!Thanks! Trying to keep this page gucci. I mostly chime in with tidbits. I see a lot of questions and I'm like ****. That is going to require a lot of typing and then I scroll down and ajs has been a gem and done all of the leg work 😍 If you hang on this site a bit, you'll see a lot of the new school SDNers are clicky up the butt. But it's generational it seems. I miss the old schoolers that have been out for 2-3 years now, and if we lead by example, the next wave will be nice as well. Kindness man. Treat others the way you want to be treated. So much weird advice (take everything that is said, including what I say, with a grain of salt) and a lot of new people getting **** on for not using the search function properly or god forbid someone even considers bringing up factors other than which is the cheapest school. Keep the questions rolling, it's a tough time (just wait till school hits, though, this time in your life is gonna seem like heaven). Eat sushi, skip the escargot unless it's reputable, laugh a lot, hang with your friends, get your inter-personal relationships sorted, get some sun, auto-pay your credit cards, get yo self redddddyyyy.
I am taking no classes between now and when I start vet school, taking a trip to Greece and Switzerland with my husband, and just working working working to save as much money as possible. I feel like I will soon be questioning all of my life decisions

Do they notify you in your acceptance letter if you get a scholarship?
I received a scholarship this year - feel free to PM me with any questions!
Was it offered to you in your acceptance letter so you had that information available to aid you in making a decision on where to attend?I received a scholarship this year - feel free to PM me with any questions!
Does it look poorly if we do not go to the Friday happy hour? Does attending it have any impact on their decision? I'm sure that it is really helpful to get a feel for the school and the students in a more casual setting, but I don't think I can go and I'm worried that it will not look good
It has no impact. But it’s free drinks and nice to hang out.Does it look poorly if we do not go to the Friday happy hour? Does attending it have any impact on their decision? I'm sure that it is really helpful to get a feel for the school and the students in a more casual setting, but I don't think I can go and I'm worried that it will not look good
somedaydogtorlady
PennVet
Does it look poorly if we do not go to the Friday happy hour? Does attending it have any impact on their decision? I'm sure that it is really helpful to get a feel for the school and the students in a more casual setting, but I don't think I can go and I'm worried that it will not look good
ajs is right; it has no impact on admission. The people making the decisions will not be there, and it's simply a chance to meet more people and have some fun. There are a lot more students there you can talk to and ask other questions if you'd like to, as well.
Do they notify you in your acceptance letter if you get a scholarship?
Was it offered to you in your acceptance letter so you had that information available to aid you in making a decision on where to attend?
Hey, I PM'ed both of you 🙂 I did not receive my scholarship offer with my acceptance; I received a phone call from admissions on April 3. If anyone has any more specific questions about scholarships, I'd prefer to discuss over PM (I know some of my classmates on SDN, and I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable).
I was going to say - it seemed like a lot of people didn't chose the 17th which is when I am interviewing. When is you new MSU interview?O-M-G you guysssssss. Michigan was able to move my interview to another day that I’m available. So I’m interviewing at Penn on January 24th!!!!!! 😍
Also on the 17th now!I was going to say - it seemed like a lot of people didn't chose the 17th which is when I am interviewing. When is you new MSU interview?
In the schedule I was sent (interviewing this Friday, Jan 10), I didn't see anything about a happy hour. Seems like the day ends at 12:45. Is there a happy hour for all interview days?
We have vet school happy hour every Friday and interviewees are invited 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
somedaydogtorlady
PennVet
In the schedule I was sent (interviewing this Friday, Jan 10), I didn't see anything about a happy hour. Seems like the day ends at 12:45. Is there a happy hour for all interview days?
Happy hour is at 5 pm every Friday at Penn, and interviewees are invited to join and meet other students and faculty. It's not always the most convenient for people interviewing in the morning, unfortunately, but you're more than welcome to come back in the evening!
Karensings2cats
VMCVM DVM-MPH c/o 2024
Weird... My schedule says the interviews don't start until 1:30 and we should plan to be on campus until at least 4:30.In the schedule I was sent (interviewing this Friday, Jan 10), I didn't see anything about a happy hour. Seems like the day ends at 12:45. Is there a happy hour for all interview days?
There are two interview times per day. One in the morning, one in the afternoon.Weird... My schedule says the interviews don't start until 1:30 and we should plan to be on campus until at least 4:30.
Karensings2cats
VMCVM DVM-MPH c/o 2024
Aha-- thanks, I was freaking out that I had the wrong schedule 😱There are two interview times per day. One in the morning, one in the afternoon.
No problem! The way it worked last year was that the first half finished their interviews and tours and then had a joint financial aid talk with the second half. Then they left and the second half started tours and interviews. Sounds like it’s the same this year.Aha-- thanks, I was freaking out that I had the wrong schedule 😱
Same. Except mine says to be there at 11:45!Weird... My schedule says the interviews don't start until 1:30 and we should plan to be on campus until at least 4:30.
somedaydogtorlady
PennVet
So I’m staying with a friend in DC then taking the train to Philly on interview day. I’d like to bring my computer along to get some work done on the train ... but is there somewhere secure we can leave our belongings during the interview and tour??
Yes, there's a room where admissions staff and students are hanging out and chatting while not on tour, and you can leave your things in there.
Karensings2cats
VMCVM DVM-MPH c/o 2024
Mine, too, and then the actual interview waves are at 1:30 and 3. But I guess @kbandlow got an early morning schedule.Same. Except mine says to be there at 11:45!
horsedog98
Full Member
The waiting is the worst part! Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!
Are interview invites only sent out on Fridays? I'm in state and still haven't heard anything and am starting to lose my mind [emoji21]
Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using SDN mobile
Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using SDN mobile
Fridays seem to be the only days that the interview decision emails are sent out. I'm also in state & haven't heard yet. The waiting is the worst part! :/Are interview invites only sent out on Fridays? I'm in state and still haven't heard anything and am starting to lose my mind![]()
Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using SDN mobile
nikegoddess1
Full Member
Fridays seem to be the only days that the interview decision emails are sent out. I'm also in state & haven't heard yet. The waiting is the worst part! :/
is there a specific time I should be watching my email?
horsedog98
Full Member
I’m going with all the time? Wouldn’t recommend that approach tho
is there a specific time I should be watching my email?
Not sure what time they will send them out, I would just check my email several times throughout the day. Other schools have notified me in both the morning & afternoon. Also, if you have gmail check the social & promotion tabs, & the spam folder.is there a specific time I should be watching my email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Doing that would drive me even more insane At least they'll have to tell us by February.I’m going with all the time? Wouldn’t recommend that approach tho
ameliabedelia_13
New Member
Good luck to everyone interviewing today! You are all gonna do great!!
prevet1997
New Member
Are interview invites only sent out on Fridays? I'm in state and still haven't heard anything and am starting to lose my mind [emoji21]
Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using SDN mobile
Generally they send out batches via email on Fridays but I got a phone call on a Wednesday so really anything can happen. Interviews go through mid to late February and invites are only sent out 2 weeks ahead of time, so try not to stress too hard!!!
Good luck to everyone interviewing today!!! We’re all rooting for you!
omgitsallyd
Full Member
just received new bolton interview invite!! 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Nothing for me [yet] and I'm an equine hopefuljust received new bolton interview invite!! 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Last edited:
Did you get an email later?Generally they send out batches via email on Fridays but I got a phone call on a Wednesday so really anything can happen. Interviews go through mid to late February and invites are only sent out 2 weeks ahead of time, so try not to stress too hard!!!
Good luck to everyone interviewing today!!! We’re all rooting for you!
I was large animal interest and I haven’t (although I’d be pleasantly surprised if I get one anyway). Can’t be only 1 SDNer that got one tho?
horsedog98
Full Member
Got an OOS New Bolton invite!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Around what time?Got an OOS New Bolton invite!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
horsedog98
Full Member
Around what time?
10:40ish this morning
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anyone know how many more Fridays we have left to hear back about interviews?
Two more, I believe? I think today was wave 4/6. Someone correct me if I’m wrong!Anyone know how many more Fridays we have left to hear back about interviews?
OOS invite at 10:44 am EST for New Bulton!!!!
OOS invite at 10:44 am EST for New Bulton!!!!
@ajs513 & @grebes4lyfe I like this spelling a lot more that the current one. Can we do something about this?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@ajs513 & @grebes4lyfe I like this spelling a lot more that the current one. Can we do something about this?
I’ll work on it this summer 😉
Sorry!@ajs513 & @grebes4lyfe I like this spelling a lot more that the current one. Can we do something about this?
Just met a bunch of y’all at happy hour and you all seem awesome and I would love to see you here next year 🙂)))))))
Hah no you're totally fine!! Just be careful if you're the kind of person who writes thank you notes!Sorry!
prevet1997
New Member
Did you get an email later?
Rob called me because it was shorter notice and then emailed me the details when we got off the phone.