-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
VMCAS ..how far along are you? C/O 2014
Started by IHeartGoldens
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just getting a bit more feedback on my PS. Then all I have to do is copy and paste it in. Getting very nerve-wracking.
But very exciting. 😀
But very exciting. 😀All letters are submitted, PS is 90% done, working on my explanation statement, but I'm still driving myself crazy about little things here and there. Definitely getting last minute cold feet I guess (I can only assume that's normal...right?
). I'm hoping to submit by the end of this week or the beginning of next week.
). I'm hoping to submit by the end of this week or the beginning of next week. Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One eLOR left, have like four experiences to add that are already typed, just not in the app yet... one thing to fix that I just finally asked about... need to plug in my GRE test dates... and I'm currently ignoring my PS. We had an argument.
I'm currently ignoring my PS. We had an argument.
😆 This made my just about die laughing.
My PS and I almost had an argument, but I told it to behave itself. 😛 I actually just got off the phone with my mom 😍. She is AMAZING when it comes to grammar and rewording things to make them sound good. Good luck with your PS. You can send it my way if you need any help with making it behave.
Oh, I'll try to reconcile our differences on Thursday, but I have a quiz in a couple hours and a test tomorrow evening, so baby's gotta stay in the corner for a while longer...
I think the part that's depressing me the most was just realizing that after I go to the bank so I can hit the submit button tomorrow.....I will have 18$ left of my paycheck.Ah cash flow how I loathe thee.
I understand how that feels...I am currently jobless. Living off of my savings.

SUBMITTED!! So happy, relieved, excited!!! Not looking forward to the supplemental essays though.
SUBMITTED!! So happy, relieved, excited!!! Not looking forward to the supplemental essays though.
yay congrats!!!
OSU's questions were REALLY hard! Still haven't finished them all!
Tell me about it! I've been sweating blood over them...one more to go!
So, I know my username says "MissSilverlinin" BUT right now.... not so much. 
Hello to all, this is my first post ever [and kinda last minute, haha], but I've been following you guys for months. I'm a sorta non-traditional/traditional applicant-- 23 y.o., Graduated with a B.A. in Biology in 2008, low GPA @ 3.13 cumulative and science, and a low GRE score it seems, but ample experience and I've been working in research for the last year-- and I am "
" like most of you here... but maybe a bit more than most. I feel like all this is just a pipe-dream for me, lately. Do I really have a chance? You all see way more prepared and way more qualified which is probably while I've been not posting and just lurking.
On a more positive note... I finished my Purpose statement last night, all my LORs are submitted and I'm about to hit submit after my boss edits my statement this weekend... then its on to the the supplemental apps. Luckily I'm not really busy other than work and I'm going to just sit down every night and go to town. I still have a chance, right? 😛

Hello to all, this is my first post ever [and kinda last minute, haha], but I've been following you guys for months. I'm a sorta non-traditional/traditional applicant-- 23 y.o., Graduated with a B.A. in Biology in 2008, low GPA @ 3.13 cumulative and science, and a low GRE score it seems, but ample experience and I've been working in research for the last year-- and I am "
" like most of you here... but maybe a bit more than most. I feel like all this is just a pipe-dream for me, lately. Do I really have a chance? You all see way more prepared and way more qualified which is probably while I've been not posting and just lurking. On a more positive note... I finished my Purpose statement last night, all my LORs are submitted and I'm about to hit submit after my boss edits my statement this weekend... then its on to the the supplemental apps. Luckily I'm not really busy other than work and I'm going to just sit down every night and go to town. I still have a chance, right? 😛
So, I know my username says "MissSilverlinin" BUT right now.... not so much.
Hello to all, this is my first post ever [and kinda last minute, haha], but I've been following you guys for months. I'm a sorta non-traditional/traditional applicant-- 23 y.o., Graduated with a B.A. in Biology in 2008, low GPA @ 3.13 cumulative and science, and a low GRE score it seems, but ample experience and I've been working in research for the last year-- and I am "" like most of you here... but maybe a bit more than most. I feel like all this is just a pipe-dream for me, lately. Do I really have a chance? You all see way more prepared and way more qualified which is probably while I've been not posting and just lurking.
On a more positive note... I finished my Purpose statement last night, all my LORs are submitted and I'm about to hit submit after my boss edits my statement this weekend... then its on to the the supplemental apps. Luckily I'm not really busy other than work and I'm going to just sit down every night and go to town. I still have a chance, right? 😛
none of us know what the chances are for any applicant but one thing is for sure...you definitely won't have a chance if you don't apply. when you're ready, hit submit and see what happens. good luck and welcome to the forum!! 🙂
Hoping schools won't have a problem with this. When I submitted to VMCAS, I used my %iles listed that I got a few weeks after taking the test. I ended up ordering a few more scores to be sent in to additional schools, and my percentiles changed - one went up a point, one went down a point, and one went up 2 points. I guess it shouldn't really matter much, since overall, my score went up, but will the schools that got the updated scores be annoyed by the discrepancy between what is listed on VMCAS and the report they receive? Or are they used to the percentiles moving around?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine changed quite a bit too (my writing percentile is in the 40's now instead of 30's 🙄 ), but since I haven't submitted it yet I am going to edit them. I imagine that they are used to it though, seeing as how it's pretty common. As long as you have reported the correct point total and such I wouldn't worry about it. 🙂
Last edited:
Oh dear I just submitted VMCAS.......
Anyone else have a terrible feeling that they forgot something important? What a terrifying experience haha 😱
Well its all over and done with and now all I have to do is wait. And wait, and wait a bit more.
Good luck to everyone else out there!


Anyone else have a terrible feeling that they forgot something important? What a terrifying experience haha 😱
Well its all over and done with and now all I have to do is wait. And wait, and wait a bit more.
Good luck to everyone else out there!



Oh dear I just submitted VMCAS.......
Did you remember to fix that typo in the second sentence of your PS? 😕
😉
David! Play nice!
😛
I'm officially only waiting to agree with my PS... everything else is done.
😛
I'm officially only waiting to agree with my PS... everything else is done.
My last LoR was submitted today. I should submit the VCMAs now....I guess I'll give it a once over maybe tomorrow and then cough up the $600.
I'm nervous about one of my LoR. I needed a professor, so my advisor wrote me one. She doesn't really know me though, but she also knew I needed a recommendation from someone at a school where I've only been taking my random missing classes for a semester. I hope she managed it ok.
I'm nervous about one of my LoR. I needed a professor, so my advisor wrote me one. She doesn't really know me though, but she also knew I needed a recommendation from someone at a school where I've only been taking my random missing classes for a semester. I hope she managed it ok.
Last edited:
Did you remember to fix that typo in the second sentence of your PS? 😕
😉
I KNEW I forgot something!

That was just mean😉
Oh dear I just submitted VMCAS.......
Anyone else have a terrible feeling that they forgot something important? What a terrifying experience haha 😱
Well its all over and done with and now all I have to do is wait. And wait, and wait a bit more.
Good luck to everyone else out there!![]()
yes!! i had nightmares the first few nights, waking up at random times - freaking out about submitting too early, had i forgotten something, was there a mistake i overlooked 5000 times. i hope you didn't have nightmares last night after submitting! not too long until all of us are waiting around. good luck everyone!
So close I can taste it!
For VMCAS, I really just need to work up the courage to copy my PS into the actual VMCAS window, cry a little bit over how much money i'm spending, then hit submit.
Supplementals are on their way, though VMRCVM and UMissouri are kind of annoying me.
For VMCAS, I really just need to work up the courage to copy my PS into the actual VMCAS window, cry a little bit over how much money i'm spending, then hit submit.
Supplementals are on their way, though VMRCVM and UMissouri are kind of annoying me.
So I've been REALLY down in the dumps lately, thinking my application is crap, my chances are slim to none, thinking that I didn't work on my app enough over the summer blah blah blah, I can't be the only one. but yesterday, I was talking to a girl who hasn't even opened her VMCAS, doesn't have a PS, one 1 person to write a letter, and didn't get any experience over the summer...and she wasn't even worried at all. And I hate to say it, but it made me feel a LOT better about myself. maybe it can add some fuel to someone's fire as well, no matter how bad of an applicant you feel that you are, there's probably someone who is worse. Maybe that makes me an as$, but it definitely helped a little bit. My goal is to submit my app this sunday or monday, and hopefully send my supplementals out at the same time. The Illinois supp is becoming somewhat of a fly in the ointment
. the question is put together in a way that the essay is hard to have flow while addressing the entire prompt. Then I have to finish the ridiculously long Western stuff.
Hit the final submit button on the last supplimental app today, vmcas is in, I have one elor still floating out there, but she said she'd get it done on time and I trust her. And laughing at the fact that I was shaking when I hit that last button. No turning back now. 😀 I'm half relieved and half scared s***less.
oh, yes, and I'm officially probably an idiot. The best thing I could think of for that "special qualities" question for NSCU was definitely talking to myself, and I definitely made a joke of it before spouting some other crap to make myself sound serious. Hoping someone with a sense of humor gets my application.
oh, yes, and I'm officially probably an idiot. The best thing I could think of for that "special qualities" question for NSCU was definitely talking to myself, and I definitely made a joke of it before spouting some other crap to make myself sound serious. Hoping someone with a sense of humor gets my application.
Hoping someone with a sense of humor gets my application.
Echoing this. I am completely 100% boned if anyone who picks up my application has a case of sphincter strictum if you know what I mean. 😉
Have submitted everything except GRE. Took GRE on the 15th and am now debating on whether to submit my old scores (at 20 bucks a pop) just in case the new ones don't make it in time (again, 20 bucks a pop) and take the $320 hit or just wait and hope they're ready in time so I can pay only $160.
Actually, there's really no choice at all, I just have to wait until tomorrow so I can pay off my credit card bill so I'll have room for the eventual $320 on it....
Actually, there's really no choice at all, I just have to wait until tomorrow so I can pay off my credit card bill so I'll have room for the eventual $320 on it....
My goal is to submit VMCAS and my NCSU supplemental by Monday. I AM GOING TO DO THIS.
It is DONE!!
I have submitted VMCAS, all supplementals (including the incredibly long Western), and I have mailed all of my transcripts!! The waiting and worrying has begun. Good luck to everyone submitting in the next few days and to all of those who have already submitted!! 
I have submitted VMCAS, all supplementals (including the incredibly long Western), and I have mailed all of my transcripts!! The waiting and worrying has begun. Good luck to everyone submitting in the next few days and to all of those who have already submitted!! 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rileyroo, I feel the same way! The apps asking about my "unique" qualities are driving me nuts! I keep thinking of the joke "you're unique, just like everyone else" and of course, it's not helping!
I keep on wanting to put down "Interview me and find out!"
I keep on wanting to put down "Interview me and find out!"
Well I WAS going to submit VMCAS today, but I have a self-imposed limit of $400, so I was going to use my mom's card and pay her back.
Then I go to pay, and they don't accept Discover cards. Doh!
Sooo...now I don't know what I'm going to do....I'll find a way but have to wait til Monday before I can do anything. Weekends suck at times.
Then I go to pay, and they don't accept Discover cards. Doh!
Sooo...now I don't know what I'm going to do....I'll find a way but have to wait til Monday before I can do anything. Weekends suck at times.
keep on wanting to put down "Interview me and find out!"
exactly! or...read my PS, k thanks. but coming up with unique qualities and writing about them for X-number of characters is problematic at this point. my brain is fried relating to applications and once i submitted vmcas, i think it went on vacation.
Congrats DVMdream!!!! i wish i was finished with my supplementals! but every time i sit down to work on the essays nothing comes together. it's like i have hit a wall. blah.
Thanks rileyroo! You will get it done. Something will come to you soon and you will be able to finish it. Good Luck to you!! This time next year all of us SDNers will be in vet school!! 😀
HOLY SMOKES, I DID IT. VMCAS and all supplementals submitted. My hands are shaking so hard!
just submitted!!!
wow i'm completely terrified right now. I keep going over all the mistakes i may have made in the app
wow i'm completely terrified right now. I keep going over all the mistakes i may have made in the app

Congrats AspiringDVM and DickVetPlease!!! Doesn't it just feel amazing and very nerve-wracking. I have not looked at my app since I submitted it; I am afraid I will find some massive mistake and then I will feel like my chances of getting in will be completely destroyed.
Thanks DVMDream, and congrats to you too on being all done. I think also going to keep myself from opening up the application for a while..I don't need any more stress right now.
I still have a few Missouri supplemental questions, and then my one VMRCVM essay to do (bleh), but i'm getting there.
I still have a few Missouri supplemental questions, and then my one VMRCVM essay to do (bleh), but i'm getting there.
Thanks DVMDream, and congrats to you too on being all done. I think also going to keep myself from opening up the application for a while..I don't need any more stress right now.
I still have a few Missouri supplemental questions, and then my one VMRCVM essay to do (bleh), but i'm getting there.
What essay are you choosing? The one where you murder a litter of puppies or the one where you tell owners just how to slap their dogs?
I looked at my Iowa supplemental after I submitted it and realized that in my "Why is Iowa the unique snowflake of vet schools" essay that I had called them University of Iowa instead of Iowa State University. Thank god it's the one school where you can go back and edit the essay after submission. That would have been a mortifying way to get rejected from a school.Congrats AspiringDVM and DickVetPlease!!! Doesn't it just feel amazing and very nerve-wracking. I have not looked at my app since I submitted it; I am afraid I will find some massive mistake and then I will feel like my chances of getting in will be completely destroyed.
I looked at my Iowa supplemental after I submitted it and realized that in my "Why is Iowa the unique snowflake of vet schools" essay that I had called them University of Iowa instead of Iowa State University. Thank god it's the one school where you can go back and edit the essay after submission. That would have been a mortifying way to get rejected from a school.
Ohhh man, that would have been horrible. I've been having a lot of trouble with the VMRCVM essay, but i'm thinking i'll probably do the one with the cat and the rabies vaccine. Not that I have a particularly strong opinion on the matter, but I work in a cat clinic, where the issue comes up fairly often. I think the vet i work for will be able to give me some good advice on how to go about answering it.
Which one are you doing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I looked at my Iowa supplemental after I submitted it and realized that in my "Why is Iowa the unique snowflake of vet schools" essay that I had called them University of Iowa instead of Iowa State University. Thank god it's the one school where you can go back and edit the essay after submission. That would have been a mortifying way to get rejected from a school.
what a nightmare!!! that reminds me of the SDNer who submitted their essay to Mizzou about terminal surgeries (i dont remember who it was, sorry 🙂). glad you were able to catch it and change it!
i'm jealous of all of you who are completely finished!!!
I looked at my Iowa supplemental after I submitted it and realized that in my "Why is Iowa the unique snowflake of vet schools" essay that I had called them University of Iowa instead of Iowa State University. Thank god it's the one school where you can go back and edit the essay after submission. That would have been a mortifying way to get rejected from a school.
That is really scary. Good thing you were able to correct it...I would have died!
what a nightmare!!! that reminds me of the SDNer who submitted their essay to Mizzou about terminal surgeries (i dont remember who it was, sorry 🙂). glad you were able to catch it and change it!
Uh...can you elaborate on this? I wrote about terminal surgeries on the Mizzoui app but...I mean they do do them right? I was under the impression they did.

lt's my understanding that they do terminal surgeries, sorry for the scare 🙂 for the situation i mentioned, i believe the individual said they weren't aware that they did terminal surgeries and wrote about being against them, which they stated led to a rejection. something to that affect.
Ah cash flow how I loathe thee.