This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are the in person interviews the same kind of [emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]]]]] situational based questions like the online ones are going to be? Or did you guys have a different set up?
I don’t know how the online ones are set up but we get 8 scenarios and we have to explain our though processes of how to navigate these scenarios basically. I think they’re similar
 
Did anyone feel kinda not that great after the interview? I mean I didn’t do terrible but I felt that I messed up so many times and could never fully recover myself. And it didn’t help that it was totally not conversational🥲

Same, the interviewers were not quite as friendly as the Dean said they would be lol. It definitely felt a bit awkward. I felt like I could have done better, but at least got my point across in all of them, I think.
The bright side is if I don't get in, I know where to improve. If I felt like I did awesome and still didn't get in, that would suck worse.
 
IMG_4590.png

Any oos applicants get this?? Im confised i thought we had till the 20th
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
View attachment 397298
Any oos applicants get this?? Im confised i thought we had till the 20th
I believe this is a mistake. Yes the heading says Class of 2029, but the email says class of 2028, as well as saying it’s due 1/2/24, which is last year. I’m 100% it’s not due tonight and was simply an error that we’ll get an email about soon. Take a deep breath, the interview is still due on the 20th at 11:59. 🙂
 
Last edited:
I believe this is a mistake. Yes the heading says Class of 2029, but the email says class of 2028, as well as saying it’s due 1/2/24, which is last year. I’m 100% it’s not due tonight and was simply an error that we’ll get an email about soon. Take a deep breath, the interview is still due on to 20th at 11:59. 🙂

Thank you 🙂 I emailed the school just incase but I am with you in thinking it was probably last years deadline and we are receiving by accident
 
I tried to call but I didn't reach anyone, if you get an email back can you share?

Yes definitely! Im hoping that if they see enough calls/emails/posts they could send out an email for clarification to everyone but Im not sure if their office is even open since its technically still break I think
 
You need to sign and upload a confidentiality agreement on Kira, so don't wait until the last day of you don't have a printer!
 
Good luck to everyone interviewing this weekend! You’re more than deserving and have what it takes to ace this.

I just finished the interview, and remember - EVERYONE feels awkward talking into a computer, I know I did. Just embrace it and try your very best to be yourself! Bring a water, practice beforehand, and take notes - but in the end- know you’re gonna say things a little awkwardly sometimes, or pause for a moment- everyone knows you’re nervous….. breathe and keep going! At one point I caught myself staring at myself while recording and not the camera - what are you going to do 🤣

Rooting for you! ❤️
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel pretty good about it. Once I got into the roll of how it worked it seemed to work for me. It’s definitely weird just talking in a room by yourself on a computer screen. Now it’s just a waiting game. There are so many of us interviewing that it’s hard to figure out your chances even if you feel you did good.
 
It’s larger than a forty out of two hundred fifty chance. Some people withdrew or didn’t even take the interview if they got into their IS
 
How does everyone feel like they did ??

i actually felt pretty good about it. there was one of the questions i know i kind of blabbed too much on, otherwise i think i showed alot more of my personality through this interview format vs. others like upenn.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In the past couple cycles they have sent decisions out on the 16th and 17th so we might have to wait until Monday. But it would be awesome if it was this Friday.
 
I just got an email from VM informing us that admission decisions will be delayed. "We hope to have updates out to you all by the end of next week."
 
OK - we're waiting one more week for decisions,,,but I'm trying to look ahead and see what we need to do for financial aid if accepted. The Scholarships application page Our Opportunities - Virginia Tech Scholarship Central says the VAMD scholarship applications are due June 4 2025. It then goes on to say "Prospective Students – Students applying for admission to Virginia Tech who wish to apply for scholarships first need to complete the admissions application. After submitting your admissions application, you will should receive an email from the Office of Admissions with instructions on creating your admissions portal login credentials. After logging into your admissions portal, you may login to the system by clicking on the Scholarship Central link"........but I'll say I don't think I've ever received an admissions portal for my vet school application. Have I somehow missed it? And if you all received it, what was the email title? I have looked everywhere for 20 mins, and I don't have one.
 
OK - we're waiting one more week for decisions,,,but I'm trying to look ahead and see what we need to do for financial aid if accepted. The Scholarships application page Our Opportunities - Virginia Tech Scholarship Central says the VAMD scholarship applications are due June 4 2025. It then goes on to say "Prospective Students – Students applying for admission to Virginia Tech who wish to apply for scholarships first need to complete the admissions application. After submitting your admissions application, you will should receive an email from the Office of Admissions with instructions on creating your admissions portal login credentials. After logging into your admissions portal, you may login to the system by clicking on the Scholarship Central link"........but I'll say I don't think I've ever received an admissions portal for my vet school application. Have I somehow missed it? And if you all received it, what was the email title? I have looked everywhere for 20 mins, and I don't have one.
I got an email on 7/15/24 that has this title (Available Scholarship for students currently applying to Veterinary School). It’s from Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine. That’s the only thing I have received. So nothing after submitting my application.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OK - we're waiting one more week for decisions,,,but I'm trying to look ahead and see what we need to do for financial aid if accepted. The Scholarships application page Our Opportunities - Virginia Tech Scholarship Central says the VAMD scholarship applications are due June 4 2025. It then goes on to say "Prospective Students – Students applying for admission to Virginia Tech who wish to apply for scholarships first need to complete the admissions application. After submitting your admissions application, you will should receive an email from the Office of Admissions with instructions on creating your admissions portal login credentials. After logging into your admissions portal, you may login to the system by clicking on the Scholarship Central link"........but I'll say I don't think I've ever received an admissions portal for my vet school application. Have I somehow missed it? And if you all received it, what was the email title? I have looked everywhere for 20 mins, and I don't have one.
Once you are accepted, you will get a link/instructions to create a PID for virginia tech. This will allow you to login to the portal and apply for scholarships. Some are very specific, others are quite broad.

I know the delay really sucks, but VT was closed for 2 days this past week due to snow/ice, so it probably back-logged some things in admissions. The admissions team is awesome, so I'm sure that they are doing their vey best to release all decisions asap. So excited for all of you!

Remember to take deep breaths!

Will they call or email decisions?
In the past, decisions have been sent via email!
 
Do we think today is the day? My guess is that they were postponed due to power outages and weather-related school closure for two days last week, and I would hope they would try to get ahead of yet more wintery conditions forecasted for tomorrow and onward. (I will make ANY connection to attempt to predict this I'm about to lose my mind)
 
Do we think today is the day? My guess is that they were postponed due to power outages and weather-related school closure for two days last week, and I would hope they would try to get ahead of yet more wintery conditions forecasted for tomorrow and onward. (I will make ANY connection to attempt to predict this I'm about to lose my mind)
I don't think it'll be today but I'm with you trying to make connections haha. I originally thought Wednesday but that was before I knew about the snow coming so who knows