WW Batman Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Out for the night guys, will try and check from my phone, but trust me, you don't want me posting too much :D Last Friday before classes start!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

people who voted for krist (in order): krist, kanderson, equineconstant, swingnsave, wolfspeaker

people who did not vote: t70s, engrsc, nutmeg, foxhunter

just putting this here so it's here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Off topic while waiting for results, FTB your avatar reminded me to tell you that I am totally hooked on the Sookie Stackhouse books now! I just finished #4. I found out that I can borrow them from the library on my kindle. This is going to end up be a serious study distraction.

:thumbup: Aren't they awesome?!

i'm taking this a little more seriously now. i was in the lead when swingnsave posted this. something weird goin on here.

Sorry guess I wasn't paying attention. I thought I saw krist's name more times but I could've been wrong. Something weird is definitely going on, but idk why you didn't win?

Oh. So, apparently there's suspicion already? And I just said, 'yay, krist'.

Want to clarify, to save my ass later. :laugh: I voted for Krist because she is in my Group. I'm glad she got Mayor(however she got it), because she's in my Group.

Good catch on the Swings thing. Slip up, or just not keeping count and thought Krist was in the lead at the time?

ahem...batman game = batman avatar.;)

I know! I know! Sorry....couldn't settle on one last night in the 5 minutes I had and am at work now. I promise to change it tonight. :D

Wow, I'm slow today. I promise to be more with it from now on. :rolleyes:

Finding a batman avatar right now!

Hello Gotham City! Thank you for your votes, I am excited to be mayor! Although, at this time, I honestly have no idea why I won when Nyanko had more votes. If anyone has any info related to this, feel free to share with me via PM! Also, you may notice I won't be posting much on the thread (mayors are very busy people, after all) but anyone can PM whenever they want to, and I highly encourage you to do so if you feel comfortable. I hope someone is able to investigate me early on and we can start sharing information between the groups because I think that we can definitely use this to our advantage over the wolves. That is all for today, but again, please communicate with me or else I'll be a lonely mayor! :rolleyes: Go villagers! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
who said there was suspicion?

You don't have to say 'I'm suspicious of Swings' to imply it. It was definitely implied. (I'm not talking about myself by the way)

Wasn't there another Pre-vet game where the elected mayor was the one with the 2nd most votes? I can't remember what the reason was in that game. Someone help me out.

You don't have to say 'I'm suspicious of Swings' to imply it. It was definitely implied. (I'm not talking about myself by the way)

you have this penchant for digging yourself into holes. I thought that it was a weird thing to say when a count had just been posted, but was willing to attribute it to miscounting or something. but then the results were weird, so I revisited it. just noting who was involved when things are weird.

you're awfully defensive of both yourself and swingnsave though.

Wasn't there another Pre-vet game where the elected mayor was the one with the 2nd most votes? I can't remember what the reason was in that game. Someone help me out.

In the SDN game TW got auto-mayor, but that was more 'There wasn't really supposed to be a vote so our votes didn't actually matter'. There may have been another one where the person with the second most votes got elected, but I haven't been around for all of them so I don't know.

In the lounge Batman game (only lounge game I've lurked, and only because it was Batman), the winner of the mayor vote was very surprising and didn't seem to have any votes, but that was also a secret ballot, so :shrug:. Variables.

you have this penchant for digging yourself into holes. I thought that it was a weird thing to say when a count had just been posted, but was willing to attribute it to miscounting or something. but then the results were weird, so I revisited it. just noting who was involved when things are weird.

I was just thinking this. Reading wolfspeakers posts I was like THIS is why people are always automatically suspicious of you

I'm not digging myself into a hole. Everyone tends to read into things on these games. I wanted to get my reason for voting for Krist out in writing on the thread right away. Instead of having to defend myself for it later.

You and Packen were questioning why Swings said that. You posted everyone who voted for Krist. I'm on that list. Wanted to point out that Krist is in my Group, which is why I voted for her. How is that digging a hole? Everyone seems to always love twisting words into meaningless meanings.

In the SDN game TW got auto-mayor, but that was more 'There wasn't really supposed to be a vote so our votes didn't actually matter'. There may have been another one where the person with the second most votes got elected, but I haven't been around for all of them so I don't know.

In the lounge Batman game (only lounge game I've lurked, and only because it was Batman), the winner of the mayor vote was very surprising and didn't seem to have any votes, but that was also a secret ballot, so :shrug:. Variables.

Thanks EC. I swear there was a game where the second runner up got the Mayor position. I will have to do some digging later.

I was just thinking this. Reading wolfspeakers posts I was like THIS is why people are always automatically suspicious of you

Because I tend to say what I am thinking, and I don't always say it well. You may note that in 3(?) games I said things that got me lynched and it turned out that everyone had taken the wrong meaning. So, do what you want.

I also do'nt know what to think about Swings at this point. They are on my suspicion list for what Packen and Nyanko pointed out though.

I also do'nt know what to think about Swings at this point. They are on my suspicion list for what Packen and Nyanko pointed out though.

I'm a girl, just to clarify. & you all are reading way too into my post. I'd advise you to direct your attention elsewhere to get something meaningful done instead of analyze my mistake. I won't be around much for the next couple days, I'll be at a tournament, so just in advance, I'll be pretty quiet.

I should probably clarify that, since school hasn't started yet and I am NOT an early bird, I'll be pretty quiet most mornings/afternoons. I'm trying to switch up my sleep schedule before school starts so I don't have to do it abruptly.... It probably won't matter since it seems like deadlines are pretty far apart so far, but I just want to throw it out there.

Also, Gotham is known to be pretty corrupt, right? Dunno why Nyan lost and Krist won, but I wonder if it's due to a person's item/ability or if it's just a purposeful plot-twist by the mods? I'm not ready to throw suspicion on anyone yet about it, though.

it's not just you. Batman avatars by tomorrow morning (eastern) or mod justice peoples!

Well that's mildly terrifying. Fixed it before I fly!

BTW back to the UK tonight, so won't see you peeps until um...late morning your time? Ohhh figuring out the time change again...sadness.

Byes! :)

Just checking in. Not sure what happened with the election, but I guess we'll go with it for now. My fear is that if this election was "rigged" (ie Krist won when nyanko had the most votes), then does that mean that lynches will be like this also? Cuz that's a scary thought...

Oh and I have a vet school leadership event this weekend so I might not be around as much...I'll try to check in when I can.

Also, Gotham is known to be pretty corrupt, right? Dunno why Nyan lost and Krist won, but I wonder if it's due to a person's item/ability or if it's just a purposeful plot-twist by the mods?

An interesting thought. Corruption running amok already! :eek: Wonder if the mayor gets any nifty powers...

I have our first Path exam next week so that means lots of time on SDN:laugh: to distract myself. (except Sunday when I am out at New Bolton Center the whole day trying not to get kicked by any horses).

Get those PMs in!

I have our first Path exam next week so that means lots of time on SDN:laugh: to distract myself. (except Sunday when I am out at New Bolton Center the whole day trying not to get kicked by any horses).

Get those PMs in!

x2!
I will do my best on the avatar - I am on my phone all weekend.
Two days from now I will be done with the half marathon and this stupid dispatch course. And able to fully pay attention to WW.

To have one or two glasses of wine at dinner tonight, that is the question.

x2!
I will do my best on the avatar - I am on my phone all weekend.
Two days from now I will be done with the half marathon and this stupid dispatch course. And able to fully pay attention to WW.

To I will havehave one or two glasses of wine at dinner tonight, that is not a question.
ftfy

A shining beacon is lit up over the city of Gotham. And a vigilante in a cape is seen near the Iceberg Lounge. Unfortunately, he is too late. DVMDream, Catwoman, is found dead carrying her whip. Her patent leather suit has been painted with a Joker on it.

A fast black car goes speeding by. When they look back, the whip is gone.

Grappling hook marks are noted on the top of the My Alibi.

Nohika has been placed in the drunk tank for the day. Apparently she's been having too good of a time at Finnigan's.

Wolfspeaker, a citizen, has also been found dead. Sharp marks mar her head but the cause of death is that she has been ripped to shreds by something enormously strong.

Finnigan's
1. Foxhunter
2. Equineconstant
3. FTB
4. Nohika

Iceberg Lounge
1. Philliab
2. Swingnsave
3. Nyanko
4. Lissarae
5. DVMDream - Catwoman

My Alibi
1. Wolfspeaker - citizen
2. kanderson615
3. Krist
4. Nutmeg

Stacked Deck
1. Twelvetigers
2. Sns
3. Packen
4. Zanydogz
5. Kaydubs

Gotham Gazette
1. Flim Flam Man
2. Kakuru
3. EngrSC
4. Hedgie

Riverboat Cruise
1. Devyn
2. t70s
3. SOV
4. Cuitl

Deadline is tomorrow at about 1 pm eastern unless LIS can close out early (I'm at work tomorrow).

*sigh* Well, that was fun. Funny that both DVMDream and I went out on the same night. Guess you can't try and lynch me now! :laugh: (and yes, that was a joke)

Hmmm. Two kills in one night? Could there be two groups of villains?

Not that they necessarily have to do with the game at all, but I was curious and wanted to know what the different locations are since I don't know much Batman folklore (other than just watching movies/cartoons over the years). Here's a list:

Finnigans: A bar that cops frequent
Iceberg Lounge: Fancy night club owned by the Penguin
My Alibi: An "underworld" bar
Stacked Deck: An "underworld" night club
Gotham Gazette: One of two noteworthy newspapers in Gotham
Riverboat Cruise: No idea? :confused:

I am under good authority and there's a wolf in the Iceberg Lounge

:eek: Two deaths in one night?!?!?! Dang...

Sorry guys, my day at work went haywire and I wasn't able to get internet access at all. :(

Home now. In the drunk tank, apparently. :rolleyes: No PMing for me but I apparently can post.

Oh cripes, just noticed night results. :( How did we lose two people!? Are we dealing with two groups of wolves again, I wonder?

lol.

I killed wolfspeaker, actually. The batarang is an item that kills people, just fyi. I honestly figured it would silence and I wanted her to shut up. Sorry, wolfspeaker. :oops:

lol.

I killed wolfspeaker, actually. The batarang is an item that kills people, just fyi. I honestly figured it would silence and I wanted her to shut up. Sorry, wolfspeaker. :oops:

Honest question, I'm not accusing you or anything: Why would you think the Batarang's ability is to silence someone? Like I said, I'm not all that knowledgeable about Batman, but I wouldn't assume that silencing would be its power.

Honest question, I'm not accusing you or anything: Why would you think the Batarang's ability is to silence someone? Like I said, I'm not all that knowledgeable about Batman, but I wouldn't assume that silencing would be its power.

Because I just kind of assume items will silence and not kill? The description just said it would whack somebody in the head good. I've been whacked in the head many times IRL and am not dead yet. ::laugh: