WW in the Canadian WWilds - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pffft.

Why were you joke voting in late game when no wolves had been lynched?
Because this is in fact
First and foremost
a
Game
the-yule-ball-is-first-and-foremost-slughorns-ii-ig-a-24184065.png
 
Ha

Is this actually how your role works?

I think you left out that little detail before.

@Barkley13 what are your thoughts on that
🙄
Jesus tone down the paranoia
I'm saying in your hypothetical that I actually am a bodyguard and I'm a wolf then snowy would know thats how my role works. I'm not a bodyguard, I don't block kills, I block actions. As evidenced by anyone who tried to target MOOSE n1
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ha

Is this actually how your role works?

I think you left out that little detail before.

@Barkley13 what are your thoughts on that
also if I'm a bodyguard wouldn't that make me MORE village because I would have been wanting to take the bullet for the mayor N1 especially if a vig is floating around? 😆

Too many holes in this tin-foil pippy. Its time to move on
 
It's just like so amazingly sketchy to block actions on the mayor when people would try to investigate her lmao

I'm sorry but every time that comes up I start actually chuckling and shaking my head IRL
So am I a bodyguard or am I blocking actions, please pick a theory because this whiplash is killing me haha
 
And if you had first explained it as: "I didn't want Moose to get information about village PRs who targeted her because I didn't know her affiliation and didn't trust her", then I might have believed you lol

But the way you're spinning this, it looks 100% like you didn't want her to get seered
 
After this past week, I'm leaning more wolfy on stockpiles of snacks and beer anyways. I ate a double chocolate Klondike bar for breakfast yesterday and have consumed appx. 3,000,000 Cadbury mini eggs

Will coronavirus kill me, or obesity + sedentary lifestyle? Stay tuned to find out
 
Sorry guys! I'm here. Just woke up and then had to catch up on thread. I'm not post restricted so it doesn't seem like anyone is today.

I'm kinda confused about Mel's ability. Of course it can come off as wolfy but I don't understand what it's actually blocking. Pippy and Barks tracked Lawp last night and received night results from that when Lawp also received the sticky results last night (that's the overload on sweets thing right?). So if it doesn't prevent village actions (or at least some of them since we only have data points for tracking ability) what does it prevent? If it is a wolfy ability, how can it help wolves? I know Mel said his ability might stop conversion but we can't really get definite confirmation on that.
 
En vedette sont lorsque les loups confirmés parlent de cubs et il en parle.
Lynch jboo
Lynch jboo
Was something said in French that I purposely ignored that lead to this action?
....
Oui, mais j'observe généralement plus le premier jour et je ne dis pas grand-chose parce que je n'aime pas ça. Nous avons eu cette discussion cinq fois maintenant, AM.
Bon alors. Je ne vous empêche pas d'observer ou de stimuler la discussion. N'hésitez pas à continuer.
So how long are you going to continue this anti-village behaviour?
Okay so top wolf reads right now are 3m and jenjen. Moose is climbing up there, but I assume she was probably investigated last night so leaving that for now. I would assume a rez the second night would be a village not a wolf (because conversion usually happens late game and wolf rez is usually a substitute for conversion).. but thats a tinfoil theory.

lynch jenjen

I want to hear some reads/thoughts from her, because it seems like she is avoiding the thread like a noob wolf... thinking like wondering in roaring twenties
Jenjen is around, said she had a lot going on IRL in PM. Im actually suspect of her as well (only messaged me one time and left me hanging on a question), but those looking for activity/reads, she is around now and should contribute something. If not....
....
unlynch lawp
lynch fern
Décide enfin de lire un message de moi, me qualifie de dramatique, puis passe à mon et à celui de Lawpy vote sans contexte. Alors je demande pourquoi?

Assume this asks why I changed my vote.

If youre right, Fern is a wolf and dies.

If fern is village, lawper jumped on the "suggested AM lynch" and confirms he is bad news bears, and I lynch the hell out of him tomorrow. Capeesh?
C'est tout à fait la vision en noir et blanc d'une situation. Des opinions sur les contre-chariots actuels Fern? Et que lisez-vous d'elle? On aurait dit que vous n'étiez pas très intéressé par le vote plus tôt.
What do I have to lose? Per your reads list, once fern is dead, youre coming after me next.
Alors pourquoi ne pas partager vos interprétations maintenant afin que nous puissions voir si cela est évitable?
Well, if Snowy flips wolf I hope you guys know who to go after next...
What does this mean?
I broke the tie and pushed Snowy into the lead.

Pretty much immediately those two jumped onto me, which pulled me ahead of Snowy. If Snowy flips wolf, that doesn't look great on them.
She has a point. I shouldnt be voting her just to test AM's theory, even though it would give me more info on lawer.... cause i would be voting him anyway.

unlynch fern
lynch lawper
Are you sure that's why you swapped?

What if you lynch snowy and then we can find out if she's a wolf and who her wolf buddies are? :heckyeah:
I asked you the same about Lawper and you said youd get back with me later.
I'm just leaving for the vet hospital to work overnight. So blah blah roles don't matter, but I'm an item-giver. I don't know whether the items I give are going to be useful or not so I assume there is an item maker or its just rng. I gave something to alissa the first night because someone said she was good at reads last game and I wanted to give it to a noob and then I gave ferny one last night because she was my pm partner and I was going to ask her what item she got, but then kras/barks was rezzed so I couldn't.
What kind of items are you giving? Random mod made?
I don't know. It just says I can pick a player to receive an item. I just guessed it was kinda like a bodyguard/bodyguard boss type situation with the item maker/item distributor type role..
I did get an item last night. No idea what it did. Mods didn't tell me; I just a choice whether or not to use it.
So you used it and still dont know what it did?
So you don't get told what happened? 🙁
Seriously.

You claim item maker with 5 mins to go...not inherently village by any means.

I’m super frustrated by this.
Dude. I am not an item maker, I'm an item distributor. Whatever the use in that is. I just woke up and checked the thread because I'm working overnight at the vet hospital and saw I was in the lead. I know you don't believe my excuse from D1, but its true. I shouldn't have played, but being canadian couldn't pass up this game. And I can't ask for a sub because everyone else wants a sub. So I will have an hour or so once or maybe twice a day that I can check in on the game and give my thoughts. Sorry, but that's the way its going to be most of this game because I have one day off this week.
So you havent even been going by reads? Who would you have given it to otherwise now that fern is dead?

@alissa14 did you receive something N1?
No I have been. Where did you get I haven't? I would definitely have picked moose over bbc because bbc sounds village-y (she kinda panics as a wolf). But I don't have a vote today.
I was talking about item giving
Oh. Then I don't understand your question.
Yes I did
have you messaged your PM partners?
Did you use it?
....
Because I don't think she sounds like wolf dolphin

But y'all do your thing so I can sit here and judge people. I also told people not to vote off Fern and look what happened there
So do you believe snowy's item maker/distributor claim or no?
Maker and distributor are two different things, but I mean yes -- it's literally been corroborated by someone who flipped village so I believe it.
....
@Animal Midwife why cubs? And @PippyPony thoughts on moose after today?
Son ignorance de mes messages menant à la lecture d'un de mes plus longs, ce qui l'a fait changer de vote pour des raisons encore inconnues. Ensuite, je cherchais les messages à lire, en sautant complètement celui où je lui demandais ses interprétations des autres joueurs/chariots.
I am not your ignorant son. You probably killed my mom! 🙁
Oui, c'est exactement pourquoi vous votez pour mes penchants loups et ne me poussez jamais ce match.
Voting for your wolf addictions?
My voting currently stands at:

Lawper - Wolfy. Jenjen jumped on lawper early, after ghosting for almost 3 days. Thinking this might be an easy village cred opportunity since lawper had some traction yesterday if he does end up flipping. If jenjen flips wolf, lapwer is the obvious next choice.
Oh yeah that is super wierd. But besides his interaction with you, what makes you think he's a wolf? I just don't see it. He is posting insightful, new thoughts, and critically looking at things. All those scream village to me.
....
@genny @Melchizedek thoughts on cubs and mayo?
....
After consulting the vote tracker, I have not great feelings about alissa, 3m, and cubs.

Lynch cubs
What about Cubs, who is also voting for Alissa?
Why me over alissa?
Geez, there’s that echo again!

Tbh, I’m not set on my vote as it is. Cubs, I’ve been reading you pretty village but your vote tracker didn’t look super great imo. I could easily switch to 3m or alissa. Also might clump jenjen in there as well.
So you’re reading cubs as village but are lynching him entirely on votes? Can villagers not have a bad voting record?
I was reading cubs more village. Now I’m not so sure. I put more reliability on vote count analysis than feels because I’ve caught far more wolves with VCA than feels
....
Yeah, I feel better about this

Unlynch cubs
lynch alissa


was trying to give alissa the benefit of the doubt due to IRL things but not sure that can continue much longer
....
If you think I'm a wolf behind the scenes, why are you looking for my agreement on the thread?
I didnt think that, I asked a speculatory reads question to Mel. I would be voting for you if I thought you were. I have nothing to hide in the PM. Just trying to game solve, hence my specific questions to certain people.
How are you reading mel now?
He was key in my reading of alissa, but I still havent been able to pinpoint if he's actually telling the truth and alissa is the one lying, or theyre both wolves and he is covering for her. I think mayo is just confused as opposed to covering for alissa, but I guess that could also be a possibility.

So I guess at this point I just have to ask: @alissa14, what happened when you put the jersey on?
....
I just can't see cubs as wolf. If he is one, he is playing a great wolf game. I'm still happy with my moose vote out of all three.
....
Is snowy really the only villager left in this place?? For ****'s sake. Here you go village, ill let you figure it out for yourself:

I know that Alissa received a hockey jersey D2 (Sunday). I know that if she is village shes supposed to type in blue/green text to her PM partners. If shes a wolf shes supposed to type in orange/red. I do not know what the mods told her outside of that however, which is my problem. So maybe she's village and just didnt bother to PM anyone? Why wouldnt you explain that item to at least one of your PM partners, especially if it was mod confirmed information in the PM? The wolves would already know youre village so it wouldnt even matter there, and the villagers could have a confirmation of your village status.

But if shes a wolf, she conveniently could have just not communicated with either of them in order to not be shown in red text if shes a wolf. Or mel, who is also a wolf, is covering for her. He told me that when they did PM she was typing in normal font.
Noting for cubs pushing for alissa lynch gets sketch points now knowing alissa is village. But still not convinced from the rest of cubs play that he is anything but village.

Wondering on the other hand so far seems to be throwing shade at moose, but not actually trying to lynch her. So if one is a wolf, the other one is also probably a wolf.
I explained what I thought was going on, even put everything on thread for others to interpret. I didnt know any other way to explain her being evasive, then didnt even come on to clarify or defend. She said she wasnt invested in the game, so it clearly showed. And even if i didnt want to vote her at that point I had to in self preservation. So I'll definitely take the blame on that one per se, but I dont think that should make me a wolf if you hadnt been going off of anything else.
....
Was the beer and whatever else message the only message you got N1? Do we still think that was blocking?
....
Canada is great
Not something a Bostonian would say...

Anyone else getting that Pippy tingle yet?

Or if you want it to sound funnier:
Quelqu'un d'autre ressent-il le picotement?
Especially in light of this they are probably both not wolves.
....
@Animal Midwife thoughts on cubs? You changed your vote off him the other day. Still confident about that?
[/QUOTE]
I'm here. Sorry I went to sleep really late last night. Currently based on POE and the sus vibes I was getting from posts yesterday + the day before I'm leaning Snowy as wolfy.

lynch snowy

My current line of thinking is that Barks is a rezzed convert but this can also be the paranoia talking. Everyone else keeps saying she sounds fine. Personally, her posts have felt a little more manufactured than actual village posts. But this talk of converts is better spent AFTER we get rid of the original wolves so let's still put this convert talk on the back burner.

Updated Lynch tracker
[omis]
Des actions nocturnes qui nous seraient utiles? De plus, vous êtes commodément ignoré par la question des doigts collants et de la saisie des armes à feu.
....
Réflexions sur snowy?
Hmmm not interested in lawper or cubs right now. Zepp is good definitely would like more from them, but everyone piling on them right now is concerning me.

@WonderingStudent I would like your current reads list. And @PippyPony you are still okay with mayo right?

Let's try something new. Now that moose did not seer mel, and his recent posts are giving me tingles. Also mel hasn't caught us a wolf by now and its usually happened when he's village.

Lynch mel
Here you go people

Cubs
Jen
Mayo - mason
Pippy - tracker

Snowy - Item distributor - I dont understand how this can be a wolf role, unless theres some stipulation that all items must be sent to villagers which doesnt really make any sense, because if she were lynched and flipped wolf, that clears every player who ever received an item.

Moose/Wondering - MOOSE claims killing jboo. Vouches for Wondering. I know Wonderings role but I dont know what it does or means. They are most likely on the same team V/V. Moose was vouching for her to me yesterday when I started asking questions.
BUT - You cant completely rule out a W/W scenario. If wolves had up to 5, or 4 and knew they were getting a conversion, then a bold strategy would be to have MOOSE kill jboo somehow for the cred, while also claiming the night cancel (NAI, but she keeps reminding us about how village both actions are).

3M - Vote thief. Im just not convinced that this is village. How is it helpful? Pippy says she had been pushing the jboo lynch, but they could have set up the bus for Jboo's for death, knowing she had already used her ability to rez a wolf to get the village cred.

That leaves other potential wolves as
Mel
AM - french speaker
Lawper
Barks
And if Barks wasnt rezzed as a wolf, then any one of the above could now be a wolf if conversion has happened.
Est-ce que tout est basé sur les capacités et non sur le jeu, sauf pour MOOSE? Parce que je ne comprends pas pourquoi personne dans la catégorie des loups n'a de raisonnement.
That leaves other potential wolves as
Mel - getting sketchier by the day. Tried to sell my lynch to pippy a few days ago based on unconfirmable PM discussion. Dropped the Zepp lynch vote and suddenly his MOOSE/Cubs theory then left. Maybe you should ask him what happened to his theory, since youre pushing me for explanations as well?
AM - french speaker, totally annoying role, distractor, pulled off Zep lynch as soon as Mel dropped his vote - basically wanted to ensure Zep would get lynched but maybe claim having second thoughts about Zep being village, stays off the VC tracker.
Lawper - Wolf vibes the whole game. Shows up in spurts later in the day, almost like he's waiting for a plan from other wolves on the best way to act on thread
Barks - possible wolf rez
Barks n'est encore que de la mécanique, mais je vais laisser ça glisser.

Lawpy est vague, mais je vais laisser cette diapositive.

Mel est en fait décemment étoffé et je suis choqué que vous ne l'ayez jamais voté pendant tous ces jeux malgré qu'il l'ait appelé sommaire pendant des jours.

En ce qui concerne le Zepp, est-ce la seule chose que vous avez remarquée sur mon jeu après six jours de jeu? Ai-je forcé quelqu'un à rester sur ce vote ou avez-vous, vous-même, fait des commentaires sur la façon dont Mel "manifestait en bus" et "agissait de manière sommaire", mais vous restiez à lyncher ce loup à ce moment-là, pour donner suite à ces commentaires , a choisi de voter Lawpy aujourd'hui.

Veuillez préciser ce que vous entendez par "suivi du décompte des votes".
Lynch Snowy
How sure are you on this?
I dont even know what Im doing anymore. Which means I need to go in the total opposite direction. And trust people I dont want to trust.

God keep our land, Glorious and Free, O Canada we stand on guard for thee

O' Caaaaaaaaanada! We stand on guuuuaaard FOOOOORRRRR THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unlynch lawper
Lynch snowy


Edit: Forgot... *mic drop*
....
I'm just trying to understand why cubs is voting someone in his village reads
Because my village reads are probably all wrong. Buckle up, buddy. Im still coming for you btw, just not yet.
le reste c'est lui me narguant pour voter Snowy pour sauver Mel pour des raisons que je ne comprends toujours pas
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
En vedette sont lorsque les loups confirmés parlent de cubs et il en parle.
....
....
....



....
....

....






....

....




....

....
....

....



....
....
....
le reste c'est lui me narguant pour voter Snowy pour sauver Mel pour des raisons que je ne comprends toujours pas
[/QUOTE]

How are you possibly this obsessed with me?
 
Im unsure. Mel has sounded different this game than the last two games, but today he feels like a cornered wolf

Lynch Mel

For now
lol okay nooblet you've played like what? One game? I totally expect you to know what a cornered wolf looks like 😆
She also sent her last item to barks... all of the former people were villagers, do you think she would keep that up as long as she could?
did she? do we have a track on who received items at any point? I can't believe that wolves wouldn't at least try to get a few items for themselves in 5 nights.
After this past week, I'm leaning more wolfy on stockpiles of snacks and beer anyways. I ate a double chocolate Klondike bar for breakfast yesterday and have consumed appx. 3,000,000 Cadbury mini eggs

Will coronavirus kill me, or obesity + sedentary lifestyle? Stay tuned to find out
*sigh* pippy you're being stubborn. Your own theories aren't adding up.
 
Sorry guys! I'm here. Just woke up and then had to catch up on thread. I'm not post restricted so it doesn't seem like anyone is today.

I'm kinda confused about Mel's ability. Of course it can come off as wolfy but I don't understand what it's actually blocking. Pippy and Barks tracked Lawp last night and received night results from that when Lawp also received the sticky results last night (that's the overload on sweets thing right?). So if it doesn't prevent village actions (or at least some of them since we only have data points for tracking ability) what does it prevent? If it is a wolfy ability, how can it help wolves? I know Mel said his ability might stop conversion but we can't really get definite confirmation on that.

No, the sticky thing is pippys tracker.

What are you thinking on lawper right now?
 
lol okay nooblet you've played like what? One game? I totally expect you to know what a cornered wolf looks like 😆

did she? do we have a track on who received items at any point? I can't believe that wolves wouldn't at least try to get a few items for themselves in 5 nights.

*sigh* pippy you're being stubborn. Your own theories aren't adding up.

Alissa, Fern, Cubs, night cancel, jenjen, barks
 
Her last item? Does a goblin-made tiara belong to the maker, or to the one who holds it after? :thinking:

My items, she sent them out. Thus why for so long I was making the argument that she had to be a villager.

I assume who gets them is now being RNG'd because I made one last night as well.

ETA: Also, on D3 or whenever she claimed item sender, and we had an exchange, she sent me my own item back that night, so I thought that was her communicating to me she had figured out I was the tinkerer.
 
Last edited:
ok i'm getting tired of spending this past week with people keep smearing me and forcing me to be attentive on this game 100% 24/7 when I have much bigger concerns going on

so i'm just going to be completely transparent since it's clear my plan of trying to find out the wolves isn't working well and everyone's keep pinging me.

i'm the post restrictor. I was trying to be quiet about it since I was trying to go with the approach of targeting those who I think are wolfy. I was also hesitant in saying this because people keep associating this role as something wolfy and then getting more fuel to slam me.

here are the night actions:

N1: targeted jboozy
N2: something weird happened and i ended up targeting myself
N3: targeted AM in hopes of making her speak English and remove that French posts she kept typing
N4: night canceled
N5: targeted cubs
N6: targeted Mel
N7: targeted Barky but that didn't go through

jboozy was confusing me in D2 when she PMed me and was giving off seemingly village vibes but i'm sure it was a pocketing attempt from her.

I also was intending to target Snowy since my POE also included her but she was lynched and I had cubs and Mel as higher priorities than her.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ok i'm getting tired of spending this past week with people keep smearing me and forcing me to be attentive on this game 100% 24/7 when I have much bigger concerns going on

so i'm just going to be completely transparent since it's clear my plan of trying to find out the wolves isn't working well and everyone's keep pinging me.

i'm the post restrictor. I was trying to be quiet about it since I was trying to go with the approach of targeting those who I think are wolfy. I was also hesitant in saying this because people keep associating this role as something wolfy and then getting more fuel to slam me.

here are the night actions:

N1: targeted jboozy
N2: something weird happened and i ended up targeting myself
N3: targeted AM in hopes of making her speak English and remove that French posts she kept typing
N4: night canceled
N5: targeted cubs
N6: targeted Mel
N7: targeted Barky but that didn't go through

jboozy was confusing me in D2 when she PMed me and was giving off seemingly village vibes but i'm sure it was a pocketing attempt from her.

I also was intending to target Snowy since my POE also included her but she was lynched and I had cubs and Mel as higher priorities than her.

Give me an idea of your results N2...I also had weird result N2
 
ok i'm getting tired of spending this past week with people keep smearing me and forcing me to be attentive on this game 100% 24/7 when I have much bigger concerns going on

so i'm just going to be completely transparent since it's clear my plan of trying to find out the wolves isn't working well and everyone's keep pinging me.

i'm the post restrictor. I was trying to be quiet about it since I was trying to go with the approach of targeting those who I think are wolfy. I was also hesitant in saying this because people keep associating this role as something wolfy and then getting more fuel to slam me.

here are the night actions:

N1: targeted jboozy
N2: something weird happened and i ended up targeting myself
N3: targeted AM in hopes of making her speak English and remove that French posts she kept typing
N4: night canceled
N5: targeted cubs
N6: targeted Mel
N7: targeted Barky but that didn't go through

jboozy was confusing me in D2 when she PMed me and was giving off seemingly village vibes but i'm sure it was a pocketing attempt from her.

I also was intending to target Snowy since my POE also included her but she was lynched and I had cubs and Mel as higher priorities than her.

Was that so hard? Makes me feel a little bit better... I can see each side having a french speaker - a French Speaking Wolf on one side and different villager french speakers on the other.
 
Was that so hard? Makes me feel a little bit better... I can see each side having a french speaker - a French Speaking Wolf on one side and different villager french speakers on the other.
Je vous mets au défi de trouver des choses dans ma pièce qui indiquent que je suis un loup. Je vous dis de ne pas voter Lawpy depuis des j o u r s.
 
Give me an idea of your results N2...I also had weird result N2

I looked and it just says I got post restricted

Was that so hard? Makes me feel a little bit better... I can see each side having a french speaker - a French Speaking Wolf on one side and different villager french speakers on the other.

the thing is the post restrictor was getting negative connotation for a bit in this game which is why I thought if I said anything about it, i'll only end up getting further damned. so I tried early on to use it in as least damaging fashion as possible (or in AM's case, corrective approach to have her stop typing in French). once I had a general idea who I thought the wolves are, I started using it accordingly on them

since we're at D8 and also my action didn't work on Barky, I decided to at least be completely clear on this since my POE still remained essentially unchanged.
 
I looked and it just says I got post restricted



the thing is the post restrictor was getting negative connotation for a bit in this game which is why I thought if I said anything about it, i'll only end up getting further damned. so I tried early on to use it in as least damaging fashion as possible (or in AM's case, corrective approach to have her stop typing in French). once I had a general idea who I thought the wolves are, I started using it accordingly on them

since we're at D8 and also my action didn't work on Barky, I decided to at least be completely clear on this since my POE still remained essentially unchanged.

Also your pigeon is hungry, you should probably feed her.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Quelqu'un a-t-il lu ce long message sur lequel j'ai travaillé pendant trois heures ou suis-je de nouveau ignoré en faveur de la mécanique?

you do realize reads change throughout the game, yes? I already explained my position on snowy. Me and Jen had basically no PM activity until D5 when we established some trust, so i was thinking she was sketchy before that happened with the limited activity.
 
so I looked into my PMs and found what happened. I targeted catsy N2 without remembering that i'm her sub. yep. i'm dumb :bag::sorry:
Honestly this makes me feel so much better because I thought you might have targeted yourself N2 to avoid a lynch

I had BC (and therefore you) as wolfy originally because she, jboo & Snowy all voted for me for mayor for no reason