Wwar of Three WWorlds- Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not saying you're a wolf. Again, just trying to mitigate risk. Would prefer a candidate whose campaign train didn't leave the station so early.
Ah yes, it is a shame when people start... talking early? lol. What? I legitimately was a ******* this morning when I threw out AM. I don't disagree with her as mayor, I just think STL would currently be more amusing.

Members don't see this ad.

What's your definition of gunning? People providing reasoning behind votes?

Kind of, but not really, since it looks like most people gave brief reasoning behind their votes (whether or not they were serious reasons and not joking is another story)....Multiple people were advocating for you as gatekeeper because you've improved as a player, which I'm not disagreeing with I'm just saying you had multiple advocates for that reason.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah yes, it is a shame when people start... talking early? lol. What? I legitimately was a ******* this morning when I threw out AM. I don't disagree with her as mayor, I just think STL would currently be more amusing.

Are you legitimately still a ******* or should I quote all my posts from earlier today articulating exactly why I didn't want to elect a candidate who had been thrown out early? :p

I say we cut both of the nominees in half and crown the remains Gatekeeper- that's how much I trust a last minute tie.

Reactions: 6 users
Are you legitimately still a ******* or should I quote all my posts from earlier today articulating exactly why I didn't want to elect a candidate who had been thrown out early? :p
probably still a *******. a little bit of rum onboard. you throwing a vote at DVMD just strikes me as odd and the timing a bit strange and late. Thassall. *shrug*

Kind of, but not really, since it looks like most people gave brief reasoning behind their votes (whether or not they were serious reasons and not joking is another story)....Multiple people were advocating for you as gatekeeper because you've improved as a player, which I'm not disagreeing with I'm just saying you had multiple advocates for that reason.

Yeah, I guess being an improved player wouldn't be a good reason to be mayor.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

I don't think Trilt is a dumb-ass - way too smart for that. But her voting reasons are weird. I'm <fairly> sure they have nothing to do with the game, and I'll leave it at that.

But I will point out that...

I just think STL would currently be more amusing.

... is not her metagame. She doesn't play purely for the lulz, at least not in my recollection. She plays for the win and tries to make a rational/logical vote. So claiming to vote for STL for amusement-value? Not classic Trilt.

Not sure it MEANS anything, but it's at least not typical metagame.

I might drop meta a few more times, too. Just for DVMD.

Reactions: 1 users

lol, that's definitely not what I said. as a few people had said previously, the wolves may be pushing to have one of their own as gatekeeper. so I'm sure you can see why several people pushing for your votes would make it look like that scenario might be possible. Nothing to do with you as a player.

Truth be told, part of the reason I went with Trilt's mistaken vote (in add'n to FFM not appearing to get traction and me wanting someone from my planet) was because you <did> get kinda n00b-screwed more than a lot of noobs your first few games. Seemed like you earned a little break.

Day 1-

The Gate Keeper post was considered one of the most important elected positions in the three worlds. It came with ultimate responsibility and many sacrifices. Because it was so contested, the criteria for election was often fought over. "I want someone from my home world!" insisted some. "It needs to be someone with intelligence and knowledge of the position through much study and hard work!" cried others. "It needs to be someone who has no agenda." The list goes on and on. Perhaps due to the increased rumblings of discontentment in the worlds, this election hit peak debate. In fact, the election ended in a tie, with no majority to be had.

"This is terrible. We must do better. With no winner, the post must remain open, and another election held until Democracy works," a major leader of Hatari announced to his citizens. The other leaders said the same to their inhabitants.

vulture.jpg

What does this mean? It means that since the post is still under debate, the gate is open for all to pass. There are no restrictions to where you can move to, but actions still must be performed either on the planet you originate from or end on. Maybe tomorrow people can reach an agreement.

It is now night, please get actions in, including movement. Deadline is 9AM EST

Hatari- The Animoid Planet
1. @Flim Flam Man
2. @Jilary
3. @Mad Jack
4. @LetItSnow
5. @ddstothecor
6. @amgoose319
7. @Animal Midwife

Cthulu- The Magic Planet
8. @SummerTheLynx
9. @nyanko
10. @genny
11. @Karabiner13
12. @Filly Bay
13. @Trilt
14. @StartingoverVet

Descartes- The Mech Planet
15. @sheltermed
16. @mmmdreamerz
17. @Kam325
18. @DVMDream
19. @WildZoo
20. @SARdoghandler
21. @LadyOtheFarm

That's a piss poor reason, rewarding good game play? Psh

What? Guys, read the post you're responding to.

She didn't say that was a bad reason. She even spelled out she wasn't saying that.

She's saying there were other people advocating for AM, making it read more of a concerted effort.

I don't think Trilt is a dumb-ass - way too smart for that. But her voting reasons are weird. I'm <fairly> sure they have nothing to do with the game, and I'll leave it at that.

But I will point out that...

... is not her metagame. She doesn't play purely for the lulz, at least not in my recollection. She plays for the win and tries to make a rational/logical vote. So claiming to vote for STL for amusement-value? Not classic Trilt.

Not sure it MEANS anything, but it's at least not typical metagame.

I might drop meta a few more times, too. Just for DVMD.
My metagame is that I have huge soft spots. Kam is one. STL is most definitely another. He puts effort into something, likely will be amusing at it, and I'll go for it most times.

And I most definitely do things for lulz regularly. I try and analyze and strategize, too, but my choices are rarely strictly that way. I like fun and don't care a lot about winning, but like the hunt.

She didn't say that was a bad reason. She even spelled out she wasn't saying that.

She's saying there were other people advocating for AM, making it read more of a concerted effort.
You know I can respond to a post without referring to the original, yeah? I specialize in sarcasm

My metagame is that I have huge soft spots. Kam is one. STL is most definitely another. He puts effort into something, likely will be amusing at it, and I'll go for it most times.

And I most definitely do things for lulz regularly. I try and analyze and strategize, too, but my choices are rarely strictly that way. I like fun and don't care a lot about winning, but like the hunt.

Just to clarify, the ******* bit wasn't about you voting for STL, it was about you claiming not to understand why I didn't want to pick AM.

Nice job tying it up, last-minute voters. Now we (apparently?) have to waste a lynch day electing someone.

Maybe we get to elect and lynch, though.

Ok. That's fair. I still don't really see you "do[ing] things for lulz regularly," but if you say so ... *shrug* I know that people OFTEN mischaracterize my metagame/motivations, so maybe I'm mischaracterizing yours.

Still. It doesn't seem like you. *shrug*

So you're saying I don't put effort into things? Geeze, thanks.

I'll just take my dildo item and go color in my blanket fort. Clearly I never have lulz either.

Reactions: 2 users

I was just being salty and sarcastic. Really a wolf could be on any mayor vote. Still not understanding where it's a evil plan seeing as only my group (save for genny) voted for me.

So another election tomorrow? Is that in addition to or in place of a lynch vote?

Either way, it makes all of the last-second voters look a bit sketchy. There really wasn't any benefit to villagers to tie it up, and there was a slim chance of a benefit to the wolves, so it makes more sense for wolves to tie it up.

So you're saying I don't put effort into things? Geeze, thanks.

I'll just take my dildo item and go color in my blanket fort. Clearly I never have lulz either.
...I missed the part of my post where I said "STL puts effort into things, THEREFORE DVMD does not."
Nice job tying it up, last-minute voters. Now we (apparently?) have to waste a lynch day electing someone.

Maybe we get to elect and lynch, though.

Ok. That's fair. I still don't really see you "do[ing] things for lulz regularly," but if you say so ... *shrug* I know that people OFTEN mischaracterize my metagame/motivations, so maybe I'm mischaracterizing yours.

Still. It doesn't seem like you. *shrug*
Search Results for Query: lulz | Student Doctor Network

@Lupin21, lynch and elect or just election again tomorrow?

You really can't argue me going for a last moment tie was sketchy when I pushed the idea from literally the second post of the game thread, ha.

Reactions: 7 users
...I missed the part of my post where I said "STL puts effort into things, THEREFORE DVMD does not."

You really can't argue me going for a last moment tie was sketchy when I pushed the idea from literally the second post of the game thread, ha.

I can argue that it is sketchy to last minute flip your vote then tell someone else that their last minute flip was sketchy when you did the extra same thing. That is sketchy.

Tomorrow's going to look a lot like that one day during the Lion King WW. Two separate tallies.

Is it too early to start campaigning for tomorrow? ;)

Attachments

• 00000000.jpg
    00000000.jpg
    687.1 KB · Views: 38
I was just being salty and sarcastic. Really a wolf could be on any mayor vote. Still not understanding where it's a evil plan seeing as only my group (save for genny) voted for me.
Odds are an important component of the game. Sometimes you just want to mitigate risk. In no way am I saying the votes for you are 100% definitely an evil conspiracy. But it makes sense to consider which of the two of you was more likely to have been put forward by wolves. It could easily be neither of you. It could easily be DVMD. Both of you and Moon Boy too could be wolves, for all I know. But we consider the odds, and we guess based on chance, and in this case, I thought it was a bigger risk to choose a player who had been nominated early. Wolves might not have put a single one of their names on the board. But worst case scenario is electing an unseerable or unlynchable wolf. So I voted in the way I thought was less likely to bring about worst case scenario.

(In another game, where the role wasn't so impactful, and campaigning didn't shake out the way it did, I'd love to see you as Mayor, for what it's worth.)

Either way, it makes all of the last-second voters look a bit sketchy. There really wasn't any benefit to villagers to tie it up, and there was a slim chance of a benefit to the wolves, so it makes more sense for wolves to tie it up.
Disagree. No gatekeeper means no tithing, so wolves can't glean village abilities from that if we accidentally elect a wolf gatekeeper.

No you didn't but really you really can't give anyone else but the few people you have a "soft spot" for a chance??? Really?
I can't tell if you're purposefully comprehending horribly or just comprehending horribly.

Obviously I give people other than those I have a "soft spot" for chances. Note, I started the AM election... if I were just going with players I really enjoy, I would have started it on MJ in "my" mistaken group.

An important component of the game is that sometimes you have to make decisions based on odds, slim or not. Mitigate risk. No one is saying the votes for you are 100% definitely an evil conspiracy. But it makes sense to consider which of the two of you was more likely to have been put forward by wolves. It could easily be neither of you. It could easily be DVMD. Both of you and Moon Boy too could be wolves, for all I know. But we consider the odds, and we guess based on chance, and in this case, I thought it was a bigger risk to choose a player who had been nominated early. Wolves might not have put a single one of their names on the board. But worst case scenario is electing an unseerable or unlynchable wolf. So I voted in the way I thought was less likely to bring about worst case scenario.

(In another game, where the role wasn't so impactful, I'd love to see you as Mayor, for what it's worth.)

So me being nominated by wolves is a problem? And do you mean odds for this game or WW in general?

Odds are an important component of the game. Sometimes you just want to mitigate risk. In no way am I saying the votes for you are 100% definitely an evil conspiracy. But it makes sense to consider which of the two of you was more likely to have been put forward by wolves. It could easily be neither of you. It could easily be DVMD. Both of you and Moon Boy too could be wolves, for all I know. But we consider the odds, and we guess based on chance, and in this case, I thought it was a bigger risk to choose a player who had been nominated early. Wolves might not have put a single one of their names on the board. But worst case scenario is electing an unseerable or unlynchable wolf. So I voted in the way I thought was less likely to bring about worst case scenario.

(In another game, where the role wasn't so impactful, I'd love to see you as Mayor, for what it's worth.)
Meanwhile, I know the AM election wasn't started by a wolf, so the DVMD vote just looks weird...

Eh. 13 total posts doesn't really mean much, considering the overall number of 'decisions' made in terms of votes and whatnot.

I didn't single you out. I said "all of the last-second voters." Yeah, you're in the group, but you're responding as if I singled you out, which I didn't.

I can't tell if you're purposefully comprehending horribly or just comprehending horribly.

Obviously I give people other than those I have a "soft spot" for chances. Note, I started the AM election... if I were just going with players I really enjoy, I would have started it on MJ in "my" mistaken group.

Yeah cause AM is one you have a soft spot for....what is it....every game that she's lynched and you're on it like white in rice with "going for the easy noob lynch"....

Or maybe the real issue is just me. You can't consider ever considering me for something for I dunno reasons you'll never admit to.

Ooooo. That's true. Good point.
But can people go though the gate tn? Because if they can then that sort of screws up the whole premise of the role, as it allows wolves to set up appropriately. I am hoping it's just a "nothing can happen" sort of night with respect to movement.

So me being nominated by wolves is a problem? And do you mean odds for this game or WW in general?
I feel like I'm kind of repeating myself here, but....

This role is important. Wolves can **** **** up big time if one of them gets it. Wolves like to **** **** up big time. It is their favorite thing. So we definitely don't want an unseerable wolf, or an alpha wolf who could be caught but not lynched, to get the role.

I do not have the slightest ****ing idea whether you were nominated by wolves, or are a wolf, or whatever.

But I do not want to accidentally elect an alpha or unseerable. Since I think it might be tempting for wolves to have nominated their resident alpha/unseerable early, to have a shot at the position, I don't want to elect someone who was in the running early in the game. I didn't particularly want to elect DVMD either. I wanted Nyanko. But it was one of the two of you, so I picked the person I was less worried about.

But can people go though the gate tn? Because if they can then that sort of screws up the whole premise of the role, as it allows wolves to set up appropriately. I am hoping it's just a "nothing can happen" sort of night with respect to movement.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting it, but it sounds like anyone can go anywhere. Sez Lupin (too lazy to forum-quote, but): "There are no restrictions to where you can move to [...]"

Unless I'm missing the caveat or something else.