Wwar of Three WWorlds- Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
N1-

Our tale starts on a lovely summer evening, not exactly the setting one expects for a gruesome murder. It was a poor section of the city, not much more than a tent town, but with nothing inherently dangerous standing out upon first glance. One tent had a large embroidered wrench on the side, indicating a place for repair of mechanics. This is where we turn our focus today. Or, more specifically, to the person inside.

Darby Salwey, daughter of the infamous arms manufacturer Salomon Salwey, sat inside. Her focus was entirely taken up by the client in front of her, a person who lived in this tent town that she temporarily called home. Always a disappointment to her father, she had run out of patience and been staying in her tent for the past three days. The only upside was the amount of good she had been able to do for these people. With an interest in mechanics since she was a child, Darby was gifted in turning even cheap mech into something both beautiful and functional. Her father's disappointment stemmed entirely from her abilities, or more so her lack of desire to turn her talents to weaponry. Instead, she chose to spend her time trading her abilities for services in the poor areas of town. For those who did not come from a privileged background. She had heard of a plan between the planets for greater collaboration, to move between worlds before a new gatekeeper was chosen to work together against a threat that seemed to focus on them all. She was not interested in such galactic politics, she had more good that she could do by remaining right here on Descartes.

dbddc1f7314d7a3651f5fe891e919976.jpg

With a final few taps from the secondary metal fingers attached to her right wrist, Darby finished the adjustments to the man's mechanical arm. Now it would allow him to move the contraption smoothly, something the mech company couldn't be bothered to do for their cheapest models. Wiping the sweat from her forehead, Darby accepted the man's payment in the form of a few scattered coins as well as food which she carefully tucked into her larder. As the man left, she closed the flap to her tent, carefully tying the pegs shut. Pulling out her sleeping mat, she fell into it fully clothed and was instantly asleep.

Sounds woke her.

Not loud sounds, but the sounds that one hears in a horror movie right before someone is killed. Those ominous quiet sounds. Muffled footsteps, the rustling of clothing where it shouldn't be, a brush of a finger against the tent wall.

She was suddenly wide awake. Perhaps she had known this would happen. Was it someone sent from her father? He did have a most convenient way to make his enemies disappear.

Silently, she pushed herself up into a crouch, thanking her own skills in allowing her mechanical legs to move silently. The footsteps, obviously from someone trying to hide themselves, moved around to the flap. Quiet scraping as they tried to push the flap in before they realized she had tied it shut. The quiet snick of a blade being unsheathed to cut their way in.

At that moment, she knew her life was in danger.

Springing into action, she lunged to her feet and went to the back wall of the tent, blades springing out from her wrist enhancement as she slashed her way through, barely slowing down as she ran for her life. A curse from behind her and the pounding of footsteps followed. Willing more speed into her mechanical legs, she practically flew over the rough ground, hearing the footsteps fall behind. A few more strides took her out of the tents and into the city proper. Like a rabbit, she sprung down various narrow alleys, choosing her direction at random.

Finally, what felt like hours later but was probably only minutes, she slowed and ducked around a corner. Gasping, she struggled to control her breathing down to something quiet enough to hide. She listened carefully as the night closed in around her but heard nothing. A shaky sigh left her body as she turned to try to find her way back to the tent village.

A flash of metal.

Someone walked away from her rapidly cooling body, her mech now covered in her own blood. Dark footsteps on a dark night that had started so peacefully.

Dead is
SARdog, who was vanilla mech, but on her way to earning so much monies for her work. please clap for her creativity

Moving on:

His name was Bacaulay Bulkin.

On your planet, you'd probably call him a military brat. You know the life...Mom was a bigwig general, Dad was police. I guess to someone from Earth, the strength of 10 men sounds pretty impressive. But in the Bulkin family, it's the norm to have the strength of twelve men. It didn't take long for Bacaulay to realize that, no matter how hard he tried, compared to his brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, grandmothers and great-grandmothers...he was nothing special.

Log-tossing? Twenty feet shy of his sister Brenda's record.
Boulder toppling? Tired out after only 50 boulders, left in the dust as his brother plowed through 15 more.
Sheep hurling? He couldn't even get them over the steeple...their bleets rang out in a mocking chorus, taunting him, laughing at him....so loud, so CLOSE.... it was just humiliating.

Then one magical, life-changing weekend, he found himself home alone for the holidays. (No hard feelings, Pops. He's easy to forget.) It was pretty uneventful at first---but then, oh but then--bored out of his mind, alone and abandoned, flipping through the channels, he landed on station that would change his young life forever.

It was Saturday Night Fever. There he was--in a flash, in a swirl, in a whirlwind of colorful lights and glittering disco balls and pure, unadulterated inspiration. Bron Bravolta. Restless. Underachieving. Unappreciated. But by god, look at him dance.

And that was that. By the time Bacaulay's family came home from vacation, Bravolta stared down from dozens upon dozens of posters, plastering every inch of his bedroom walls. He'd finally found his place in life. He was going to be....a dancer.

So he practiced. Every day he practiced. He kick-ball-changed a hole in the wall. He pas de bourree'd til the cows came home. It was his calling. He couldn't fail. He was finally going to prove himself, to stake out his own identity, to be something special for a change.

But then...it still hurt him to think about it. You'd think he'd be desensitized, after every night, filled with the same nightmare, forced to relive that moment, over and over and over. But....he was only animoid. Some feelings are hard to shake.

The lead in the school play. Dirty Dancing. He could hardly believe it--he'd never been so proud of anything in his life. Brenda could toss all the logs she liked. He was going to be a STAR.

IP8HEPS.png

Now, when he closed his eyes at night, he was right back there, in that dingy auditorium--opening night, the closing number. A sea of eyes, all glued on him. She lifts her arms and runs toward him---that final, beautiful, confident leap. She's flying.

Then he hears the crash. The gasps. And worst of all, the laughs. Deafening. They echo in his memory, unrelenting. When the laughs die down, he hear the whispers. "The strength of 10 men?" they sneer..."And he thought he could pull this off? What a joke."

But they don't know, him, he whispers in the night. They don't know Bacaulay Bulkin.

It's quiet tonight, but Bacaulay's room is alive with movement. Three years older, three years stronger. Laughed out of audition after audition. But he won't let them tear him down. He grits his teeth. His head is pounding. He glaces at the television. Those blowhard politicians are going at it again. Explains the headache. He rolls his eyes, and flips lazily through the channels. His yawn freezes on his face as he realizes what he's landed on.

Dirty Dancing.

He shudders. What a cruel joke. An awful reminder of all he could have been. But...somehow, something feels different this time.

Remember Bron Bravolta, chants a quiet voice in his head. REMEMBER BRON BRAVOLTA. The voice grows louder. More persistent.

"BRENDA!" He yells. "BRENDA!" His urgency is building. It's a sign. The time had come. He can't let fear rule him anymore.

His sister pushes the door open. "DO IT!" he yells. "NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!"

Brenda nods. She understands.

He takes a deep breath. Brenda runs. Brenda leaps. Bacaulay's heart soars.

A FLASH OF MAGIC.

Again, a crash. Shrieks ring out, like Deja Vu.

This time, no one's laughing.

Brenda's shrieks die on her lips. She looks down in terror.

Bacaulay stands like a statue, frozen in instant rigor mortis. But on his face....a look of triumph, of hope, of pride. In death, strong and true, he holds his arms high, lifting Brenda. She's soaring, flying....a perfect catch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**** you, wolves. Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

Dead is
Kam, a Hatari animoid Daytime Assassin

Of Note: I had an interesting thought come through, and I liked it for its out of the box thinking. Abilities can also be performed on a person you anticipate moving onto the planet you are on or are moving to. It is a high risk maneuver in case that target doesn't end up where you thought, as this will negate the action of course. So for clarity, Actions can be done on someone residing currently on the same planet as you, a planet you move to, or the gamble in someone you think will be where you end up. Good times. Adds some intrigue.

Trading Post will be up in a moment. Get to election and lynch please in the mean time. Deadline is 11PM EST. :)

Roster

Hatari- The Animoid Planet

1. @Flim Flam Man
2. @Jilary
3. @Mad Jack
4. @LetItSnow
5. @ddstothecor
6. @amgoose319
7. @Animal Midwife
8. @SummerTheLynx
15. @sheltermed
18. @DVMDream
19. @WildZoo

Cthulu- The Magic Planet
9. @nyanko
10. @genny
11. @Karabiner13
12. @Filly Bay
13. @Trilt
14. @StartingoverVet
21. @LadyOtheFarm

Descartes- The Mech Planet
16. @mmmdreamerz

Underverse
17. Kam- Village day assassin
20. SARdoghandler- mech vanillager

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
***********elect STL***********

***********lynch filly bay**********

The first vote should be obvious. Filly bay is prone to making mistakes early when put under pressure, would like to start placing some weight there

After I take a nap/get out of surgery final if I sleep in too late, I want to look more into how everyone moved last night.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, quick glance back let me see that two people died from one group. Very interesting choice to do that. Very interesting on wolves. Almost like they didn't have much of a choice.

********unlynch filly bay, lynch wildzoo*******

Would also be quite happy with LoTF with the weird move to that group (hedging bets?). I chose wildzoo as most people won't make that move. And she half ***ed her campaign yesterday

Would also be quite happy with LoTF with the weird move to that group (hedging bets?). I chose wildzoo as most people won't make that move. And she half ***ed her campaign yesterday
Kinda. I just figured being in a group with fewer people gave me a better shot at items in the store. (Somehow I thought more people would stay in Descartes and ignore you even though they were on last night)

Welcome to the Trading Post!!!! We are now open for business.

Here you may use your money at the Trading Post on your Planet to buy items. It is first come first serve, so the first PM I get requesting an available item and a quick check to see if you have the currency will earn the prize. Money is doled out for participation basically. So if you are involved and doing your best to help make this game awesome, you will be rewarded.

Items can be held for any period of time, gifted to someone on your planet, used to buy your way to another world, or used as directed. You may only carry ONE item at a time however, so no hoarding. :)

Hatari Trading Post: Today we are offering
Hatari Armor- Hatari Armor will protect from a kill attempt, or even a lynch mob $10

Cthulu Trading Post: Today we are offering
Hatari Scent Booster- Harari Scent Booster will allow anyone to track their prey thanks to a small spray of your target such that even those with the dullest of senses can track them $15

Cthulu Traveling Spell- Cthulu Traveling Spell allows for the passage through the gate without giving up ability/item $10

Descartes Messaging Upgrade- Descartes Messaging upgrade is exactly as it sounds. Pick someone to PM with. $5

Descartes Trading Post: Today we are offering
Cthulu Manipulation Spell- Cthulu Manipulation Spell allows for puppeteering. This spell is forbidden as it can be used on anyone on any planet as long as they once had contact with the caster. Only the caster's ability can be puppeted, and must still be performed on a target on the same planet as the puppet. Black Market value is insane, but oh so worth it. $20

Reactions: 1 user
Actually, quick glance back let me see that two people died from one group. Very interesting choice to do that. Very interesting on wolves. Almost like they didn't have much of a choice.

********unlynch filly bay, lynch wildzoo*******

Are you determined to get on my nerves or something this game?

### elect AM ###

### lynch STL ###

Are we assuming wolves can only kill on the planet they're currently located at?

Members don't see this ad :)
Lynch 3m. Maybe can't wolf and move?

Elect STL. Part of me wants to reward him for the blue text yesterday and for organizing a plan, even if I didn't think it was gonna work.

elect STL

I'm pretty okay with lynch WZ right now; pressure and response to lynch is good for someone who is always village (until she's not, ha).

Ok some thoughts, first on those who could have done the kills, assuming they work the same as other night actions.
sheltermed - noob. Would like to give her a little time. Painfully noobish on thread, and I don't see it being an act. If wolf would expect that she would ask her pack some of these questions.
3m - probably where my lynch vote is going via process of elimination
DVMD - obviously not concerned about her right now since that's where my gate keeper vote is going
Dubz - 100% village, I'd bet my life on it
lotf - the way she approached and questioned the gate keeper vote read village to me

I'm a little wary of the fact that wolves decided to kill two people on the same planet though (unless one of the kills was not wolfy?). It does a hell of a job of narrowing down options, especially since people had already discussed moving to Hitari.

whoops, meant to add lynch 3m at the end of that

Other thoughts (not on everyone, I'm not organized enough for that atm, just things that were running through my head).
Can't remember the last time I played a game where STL was an original wolf - only one that comes to mind is Pokemon- but he feels like his village self so far, with the exception of the early vote for me ;) I think it's pretty clear why I backed off from campaigning, but if it needs to be spelled out, I wasn't interested in continuing with the tone the discussion was going in. It lost the fun factor and I wasn't getting votes anyway. I get that I'm one of the few options if wolf kills work the way we think they do, but you're barking up the wrong tree.

LIS is reading decently village to me right now, but the bigger thing to keep in mind is that if either STL or LIS flips wolf at some point, I'd consider that a soft clear for the other of the two.

I don't much like that trilt is kind of just following along with STL right now. I expect more independent thought from her. But then, I don't expect she would have gone along with an early Kam kill either. So keeping an eye but not willing to vote there yet. Oh, and contrary to what LIS said, trilt does very much have a "for the lulz" element to her play, whether wolf or village. So nothing unexpected there :p

In the rule of trilt or Kam always being a wolf, my bet is currently on Kam. May change, but your language is interesting
Is this a real rule? ;)

Given our two kills in descartes I think our best bet is to look at the group that was there yesterday. It's probably unlikely that they were able to guess where kam AND sar were moving to (if anywhere). Don't see why wolves wouldn't be able to kill and move given the clarification about actions this morning so I dont think 3M is any more likely imo. Still need to think about which person from that group I'll be placing my lynch vote on.

For gate keeper, I wouldn't mind giving it a go :) I've never been elected mayor before and I'm a vanillager this game.

Elect Fb

Though I should reconsider, since it is you @LetItSnow, and we know you forget who your fellow wolves are all the time :p

Wasn't it just a few games ago I was a wolf and totally went after one of my fellow wolves D1 because I hadn't really checked into PMs or didn't read thoroughly or something like that?

Truth. I'm dangerous for the wolves .... when I'm a wolf.

Gate Keeper Election
STL (3)- STL, LoTF, Trilt
DVMD (3)- nyan, WZ, DVMD,
AM (4)- AM, FFM, Jil, LIS
FB (1)- genny

11/19 votes

LYNCH TALLY:
FB ()-
WZ (3)- STL, Trilt, genny
STL (1)- FFM
3m (2)- LoTF, WZ
Trilt (1)- LIS

7/19 votes

Day closes at 11PM EST

The flavor has been added. Please take time to appreciate the creativity by the writers as it always sucks to go first.

Wasn't it just a few games ago I was a wolf and totally went after one of my fellow wolves D1 because I hadn't really checked into PMs or didn't read thoroughly or something like that?

Truth. I'm dangerous for the wolves .... when I'm a wolf.
I'm highly dangerous for whatever team I'm on. I think I have the worst win rate in all of WW on every side.

Quickly checking in before surgery final (of doing surgery). I thought we definitely did this once. I know I did this with Rojo in one of the games, but I thought I did this with you in a different game. May be mistaken.

Fine then, no clearings, soft or otherwise, for either of you based on how the other flips :p

elect STL

lynch LOtF

Agreeing that for now the best assumption is that wolves can only kill within the same planet. Sheltermed is reading noob villager currently, DVMD villager, 3m essentially ghosted and have no opinion as of now, so that leaves LOtF and WZ. Between the two, I'm more suspicious of LOtF, so that's where my vote will go for now.

Something about Trilt's voting/comments yesterday doesn't sit well with me, but for now I'm keeping that in the back of my head. Especially since Kam and Trilt were going at it a bit, and Kam turned up villager.

Quickly checking in before surgery final (of doing surgery). I thought we definitely did this once. I know I did this with Rojo in one of the games, but I thought I did this with you in a different game. May be mistaken.

Sigh. I remember when Surgery used to be exciting. (I think you've said you hate it; I get that.) I used to love it and look forward to it. Now I show up to work and there's things waiting for me to cut and I just get super annoyed by it.

Pays well, though.

All actions, unless otherwise specified, must be performed on the residents of the same planet.
Jut keeping in mind that the "unless otherwise specified" could very well refer to wolf kills. I think focusing on the people who were on the same planet as Kam and SAR makes sense for today but...there is still something off (to me) about the kill choices. I need to read back over the writeup but one sounds to me like your general stabby stab and the other is...different, like they just fell down dead seemingly without cause. If the wolf targets are restricted the same way as normal actions, that would point to two wolves in that group from Descartes, which really makes no sense. If they were in that position it would make more sense to me to hold off on one of the kills than to narrow the pool for two pack members so easily. Will have to think on it more, I just can't find the logic yet.

Jut keeping in mind that the "unless otherwise specified" could very well refer to wolf kills. I think focusing on the people who were on the same planet as Kam and SAR makes sense for today but...there is still something off (to me) about the kill choices. I need to read back over the writeup but one sounds to me like your general stabby stab and the other is...different, like they just fell down dead seemingly without cause. If the wolf targets are restricted the same way as normal actions, that would point to two wolves in that group from Descartes, which really makes no sense. If they were in that position it would make more sense to me to hold off on one of the kills than to narrow the pool for two pack members so easily. Will have to think on it more, I just can't find the logic yet.

The sketch runs strong in this post.

unlynch trilt

lynch WZ

(another "painfully noobish" question :p) aren't some people randomly mod-killed, and not each kill is necessarily performed by a wolf?

Also... elect AM for now, not giving me the same vibes as yesterday!

(another "painfully noobish" question :p) aren't some people randomly mod-killed, and not each kill is necessarily performed by a wolf?
that'd be a negatory. Usually if people are mod killed, it is stated very obviously and secondary to breaking some rules (or inactivity, etc).

that'd be a negatory. Usually if people are mod killed, it is stated very obviously and secondary to breaking some rules (or inactivity, etc).

I think that sometimes people are killed just as part of the story..is that the same as being mod-killed, or is it not a thing at all that I just made up?

elect STL

lynch LOtF

Agreeing that for now the best assumption is that wolves can only kill within the same planet. Sheltermed is reading noob villager currently, DVMD villager, 3m essentially ghosted and have no opinion as of now, so that leaves LOtF and WZ. Between the two, I'm more suspicious of LOtF, so that's where my vote will go for now.

Something about Trilt's voting/comments yesterday doesn't sit well with me, but for now I'm keeping that in the back of my head. Especially since Kam and Trilt were going at it a bit, and Kam turned up villager.

So, is daytime assassin a role that can be assigned to villagers? It's not a chaos thing or something like that? Also, I'm assuming it means she could have killed someone during the day? Basically...what is a daytime assassin? :p

So, is daytime assassin a role that can be assigned to villagers? It's not a chaos thing or something like that? Also, I'm assuming it means she could have killed someone during the day? Basically...what is a daytime assassin? :p

She was a villager, as stated in the write up. Assassins are usually villager roles. They gave the ability to submit an action to the mod to kill somebody of their choosing during a day cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

1. I was assuming if something was "otherwise specified," it would be to the player (s) in question, so it could be off world wolves doing the kills without us knowing, but that doesn't stop me from looking at Descartes for the wolf(s?) until shown otherwise.

2. Since it looks like the players who died wrote their own write ups, do we really assume that the descriptions they wrote in for their deaths are the actual mechanisms, or just character flair?