WWedding at the End of the WWorld: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The bussing eyebrows have reawakened though. This is fine.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The bussing eyebrows have reawakened though. This is fine.

This Is Fine GIF

And um, can I just say shorty is scary?

wolf!dubz is scared
I’m scared!!
yeah, the floofy doggo.

It was a mechanism to balance the potential of wolf roles dying early.... which.... well, you know how that went. 😅
Are you saying I should’ve actually hit someone with it?!?!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I said this in dead chat but it would've been hard to convince me to go for Barks. It wasn't even the VCA, she just really sounded like she was village, so props to her for fooling me after I had just recently wolfed with her

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Lol remember Thankful

This is not that but any time bussing comes up I think about how that game ended
I'm increasingly becoming more receptive to scary stuff but shorty's argument was very powerful. I didn't post about it, but my will to prove there was a village!Barks started tanking at midnight yesterday from rereading her posts.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m sorry 😞 but I did kill Zenge in remembrance of Lawwpy

Me opening my role PM: Hmm should probably protect zenge he always dies N1

Me when deciding who to actually protect N1: ehh zenge looks a little sus and he's been dying early so often there's no way it's gonna happen

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Lol at least I ended the game on a wolf

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I’m scared!!

Are you saying I should’ve actually hit someone with it?!?!
Oh I took it as trying to kill shorty. Dina’s dead body was just in your way

To the audience: Barks not only did not know what her role did, she also didn’t know what the stick did. My dog just brought it to her and scared the daylights out of her.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
@Barkley13 did you figure out I was the protector and that's why you killed me? I was trying to be sneaky about it

Barks:

A nice floofy doggo shows up suddenly. He's wearing a tuxedo and looks oddly familiar. Wasn't he... the ring bearer?

His eyes are persistent. He wants to be involved in everything.

You cannot resist the urge to pet him. Pet the floofy doggo.

I’m scared but I also want to pet him

YOU CANNOT RESIST THE URGE. PET THE DOGGO.
Tbh if something bad happens then there’s no other way I’d rather go down

Barks pets the floofy doggo?

He wags his tail happily and sprints away. <3

You wait for a few minutes, confused about what just happened but pleased you got to pet the goodest boy. Then, he returns. With a stick. A BIG stick.
Actually, it kind of looks like he just bartered with that crazy man who talks to himself on the corner for some lumber. The good boy drops it at your feet and looks up, expectantly.

You now have a BIG stick.

…….. can I hit someone with the stick?

Maybe?

Blunt force trauma fantasies run through your head. You could try it?

Your stick doesn't plan on growing any legs, so you can hold onto it as long as you want.

• Haha
@Barkley13 did you figure out I was the protector and that's why you killed me? I was trying to be sneaky about it
Uhhh I don’t remember why I killed you. I think it was because you were being village read and AM and shorty were reading me as village at the time 🙃 the protector reveal was a nice surprise

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
What the heck is a wolf yeller?
He yells

Gimli was originally called Yeller at the shelter we adopted him from. They claim it's because of his color but 1) he's orange, not yellow, and 2) the kid has some serious pipes. So like, that was a lie.

Anyway, Barks' ability was to yell at someone each night, disturbing their sleep, like Gimli does to me regularly. It didn't actually do anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Excerpt of a real conversation.
Me: “Dina, I finished my cross stitch!”
@Dinashadow: “Can I see it?”

A thought strikes a smol!shorty, much like a stick being thrown through the air and bonking her in the head.

Me: “LATER, IM DOING THE ISO OF A LIFETIME”

• Haha
  • Wow
Here's the role descriptions, idk if sporty wanted to post the whole spreadsheet or not

You are COVID. Everyone in attendance at this wedding is vaccinated, but there can still be breakthrough cases, what with all those new variants floating around. Each night, you can target someone, and they will be blocked the following night. Your cover role is COVID vaccine.
You are Gimli. It is said that all orange cats share one brain cell, and he has never managed to borrow it. His favorite nighttime activity is zooming around, not paying attention to where he is going, and stomping on Dubz's face every once in a while. He also loves yelling...always yelling. Each night you can choose a player and disrupt their sleep. Your cover role is Gandalf, a perfect gentleman who is fond of nighttime snuggles.
You are the Storm of the Century. They say rain can ruin a wedding, but what about thundersnow with a side of hurricane? Once during the game you can delay the ceremony, causing everyone's night actions to be blocked and have to be used on their submitted target the next night. The factional kill will also be delayed, but you will get to use an extra kill the next night. Your cover role is Kara, the most recent of Dubz's manatees, and the only one who ever followed in her modding footsteps!
You are Dubz, who has a faulty understanding of the concept of time. You are vanilla, and left to your own devices you might just find a way to be late to your own wedding. But at least your makeup will be impeccable.
You are Sporty, who is the responsible one here and always punctual. Your bride to be has wandered off somewhere and is liable to be late for the wedding if you don't find her. Request a PM each night, and if you manage to find Dubz, you will gain an ability.
You are Mad Jack (MJ), father of one bride and ex-husband of the other. It's an interesting position to hold, but you are so invested in this wedding going off without a hitch that you have brought some items along with you that you think might help. You have the following items to choose from: Rocky Mountain oysters, fancy hat, SAR's heels, a mask, and a long island iced tea. Each night you can choose from two options 1) Pick an item to send to a player of your choice, but you will not know what the item does OR 2) Create your own function for the item of your choice, but the recipient will be RNG'd. Items are all one time use.
You are allieh, Dubz's manator. As mother of the bride, you believe it is your job to talk to and get to know everyone at the wedding. Each night you may choose a player who you will be able to PM for the next cycle.
You are Bread, Sporty's youngest son. Somehow you were left off the invite list (might you have made mother or grandmother angry recently?), but you decided to crash the wedding anyway. Since you have to lurk in the bushes to keep from being spotted by your family, you are a voyeur. Each night you can target a player and learn what actions, if any, they were targeted by.
You are Pigeons, which are obviously better and more appropriate for this wedding than doves. Typically they are meant to be released at the end of the ceremony, but traditions are for squares. Once during the game you can RELEASE THE PIGEONS, distracting everyone from voting and cancelling the day cycle.
You are kaydubs - (great)grandmanator, modator, something of the matriarch of this complicated family. Often the voice of reason when tough situations arise, you simply won't stand for indecision. There will be NO TIES if you have anything to say about it. You are the tiebreaker.
You are That's What You Get, arguably the best Paramore song, and certainly a favorite of both brides. You have a list of "wedding" songs at your disposal. Each night you can choose a player to post restrict, and the following day they will have to incorporate lyrics from your chosen song in at least half of their posts. Their other posts will have to include a line from other songs by the same artist.
You are fancy folding chairs, a vital part of any wedding. The best way to keep the guests happy, other than free alcohol, is giving them a nice place to sit. But chairs have other uses too. Each night you can choose a player to protect. Should anyone threaten their life, the attacker will be smacked in the face with a chair.
In Athens, Georgia where we set our scene, two star-crossed SDNers met for the very first time. And now, over 1000 days later, they will be married at last in this same city. You are Athens, and a vanilla villager.
A horse? Of course. Probably a sporty one. You are vanilla, but a vitally important part to this wedding. How else are the brides supposed to ride away into the sunset?

Oh and AM's song list was:
That's What You Get by Paramore
High Hopes by Panic! At the Disco
Forever and Ever, Amen by Randy Travis
Lips of An Angel by Hinder
I Will Always Love You by Dolly Parton
Don't Let Me Be Lonely by The Band Perry
Girls Like Girls by Hayley Kiyoko
The Saltwater Room by Owl City
Burning House by Cam

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Excerpt of a real conversation.
Me: “Dina, I finished my cross stitch!”
@Dinashadow: “Can I see it?”

A thought strikes a smol!shorty, much like a stick being thrown through the air and bonking her in the head.

Me: “LATER, IM DOING THE ISO OF A LIFETIME”
Cross-stitching is pro-village.

Request a PM each night, and if you manage to find Dubz, you will gain an ability.
Let it be known that I found shorty ON MY VERY FIRST TRY!! And we got to be masons together for one great day. Then barks had to murder me and ruin our mason fun

• Love
  • Care
Here's the role descriptions, idk if sporty wanted to post the whole spreadsheet or not

You are COVID. Everyone in attendance at this wedding is vaccinated, but there can still be breakthrough cases, what with all those new variants floating around. Each night, you can target someone, and they will be blocked the following night. Your cover role is COVID vaccine.
You are Gimli. It is said that all orange cats share one brain cell, and he has never managed to borrow it. His favorite nighttime activity is zooming around, not paying attention to where he is going, and stomping on Dubz's face every once in a while. He also loves yelling...always yelling. Each night you can choose a player and disrupt their sleep. Your cover role is Gandalf, a perfect gentleman who is fond of nighttime snuggles.
You are the Storm of the Century. They say rain can ruin a wedding, but what about thundersnow with a side of hurricane? Once during the game you can delay the ceremony, causing everyone's night actions to be blocked and have to be used on their submitted target the next night. The factional kill will also be delayed, but you will get to use an extra kill the next night. Your cover role is Kara, the most recent of Dubz's manatees, and the only one who ever followed in her modding footsteps!
You are Dubz, who has a faulty understanding of the concept of time. You are vanilla, and left to your own devices you might just find a way to be late to your own wedding. But at least your makeup will be impeccable.
You are Sporty, who is the responsible one here and always punctual. Your bride to be has wandered off somewhere and is liable to be late for the wedding if you don't find her. Request a PM each night, and if you manage to find Dubz, you will gain an ability.
You are Mad Jack (MJ), father of one bride and ex-husband of the other. It's an interesting position to hold, but you are so invested in this wedding going off without a hitch that you have brought some items along with you that you think might help. You have the following items to choose from: Rocky Mountain oysters, fancy hat, SAR's heels, a mask, and a long island iced tea. Each night you can choose from two options 1) Pick an item to send to a player of your choice, but you will not know what the item does OR 2) Create your own function for the item of your choice, but the recipient will be RNG'd. Items are all one time use.
You are allieh, Dubz's manator. As mother of the bride, you believe it is your job to talk to and get to know everyone at the wedding. Each night you may choose a player who you will be able to PM for the next cycle.
You are Bread, Sporty's youngest son. Somehow you were left off the invite list (might you have made mother or grandmother angry recently?), but you decided to crash the wedding anyway. Since you have to lurk in the bushes to keep from being spotted by your family, you are a voyeur. Each night you can target a player and learn what actions, if any, they were targeted by.
You are Pigeons, which are obviously better and more appropriate for this wedding than doves. Typically they are meant to be released at the end of the ceremony, but traditions are for squares. Once during the game you can RELEASE THE PIGEONS, distracting everyone from voting and cancelling the day cycle.
You are kaydubs - (great)grandmanator, modator, something of the matriarch of this complicated family. Often the voice of reason when tough situations arise, you simply won't stand for indecision. There will be NO TIES if you have anything to say about it. You are the tiebreaker.
You are That's What You Get, arguably the best Paramore song, and certainly a favorite of both brides. You have a list of "wedding" songs at your disposal. Each night you can choose a player to post restrict, and the following day they will have to incorporate lyrics from your chosen song in at least half of their posts. Their other posts will have to include a line from other songs by the same artist.
You are fancy folding chairs, a vital part of any wedding. The best way to keep the guests happy, other than free alcohol, is giving them a nice place to sit. But chairs have other uses too. Each night you can choose a player to protect. Should anyone threaten their life, the attacker will be smacked in the face with a chair.
In Athens, Georgia where we set our scene, two star-crossed SDNers met for the very first time. And now, over 1000 days later, they will be married at last in this same city. You are Athens, and a vanilla villager.
A horse? Of course. Probably a sporty one. You are vanilla, but a vitally important part to this wedding. How else are the brides supposed to ride away into the sunset?

Oh and AM's song list was:
That's What You Get by Paramore
High Hopes by Panic! At the Disco
Forever and Ever, Amen by Randy Travis
Lips of An Angel by Hinder
I Will Always Love You by Dolly Parton
Don't Let Me Be Lonely by The Band Perry
Girls Like Girls by Hayley Kiyoko
The Saltwater Room by Owl City
Burning House by Cam
We can if people want to see it, but that’s the best part lol

I just went to bed so I didn’t address it last night

Im just trying to look outside of the narrow range of POE as I am want to do when we start misyeeting. Generally I catch flak for it, since it HAS to be this player or that one. I still have nightmares about RWWB (sorry, cooler name 🙃 )
@cubsrule4e

Thank you for this post. Because I'd been stewing over my POE all night and this was what finally prompted me to go reread the Emojis game.
We're a good team :highfive:

• Love
Let it be known that I found shorty ON MY VERY FIRST TRY!! And we got to be masons together for one great day. Then barks had to murder me and ruin our mason fun
Let it be known that I had some grumping in my role PM about having PMs (although different tune with mason chat than with a regular PM) and the volume of grumping went up significantly when genny then PMed me after you died :laugh:

• Care
@cubsrule4e

Thank you for this post. Because I'd been stewing over my POE all night and this was what finally prompted me to go reread the Emojis game.
We're a good team :highfive:

Barks was probably cruising along, laughing it up in wolf chat. I mean how easy is it to yeet cubs genny and mel with 3 cycles left and 1 wolf. Then this post probably her "oh ****" moment....

And then your Barky ISO dissertation came out and she just hung her head in shame. Even Gal and Twitter were probably like "sorry, mom, youre screwed."

• Haha
  • Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I didn't say anything entertaining in our PM, but I think the "Why did you open this?" at the very beginning was a good indication that I, in fact, did not want a PM :rofl:

• Haha
  • Care
Hmmm.

please doesn't feel as hedgy and unsure as I'm used to seeing.
I'm not going to do any ISOs this game, she said, proceeding to ISO please's posts from 3 different games.
If please flips wolf, which she probably won't because I never vote wolves D1, but in the off chance that I'm having a Christmas miracle, I'm going to be quite concerned about Sloth.
DAMN IT ANOTHER GAME WHERE I HAVE A PM?
At least it's a PM with someone who's confirmed village.
ARE YOU SERIOUS WITH THIS ADDITIONAL PM NONSENSE RIGHT NOW
Why does everyone PM shorty
shorty only likes PMs when she's a wolf

no pls
I don't like PMs grumble grumble grumble
Maybe I should fakeclaim being a lost wolf in my PM with genny, I hear that works well for resolving affs of PM partners :thinking:
I had a little breakdown at one point before I went on my Barky ISO.
I've stared at people's posts enough that I have decided everyone is a wolf.
Except AM. AM's village.
@Animal Midwife :love:

Hm

if the final wolf is not between Barks, genny, cubs, or Mel, I'm in deep trouble.
and we only have 2 misyeets left before we're in hot water.

time for a break, I'm fatigued.
I don't like having a POE of half the remaining players.
If it's Barks, that's going to be an extremely uphill battle.

If it's Barks, cubs, or genny, then no matter who it is, there's bussing I don't want to think about.
If it's Bread, I quit.

I guess I'd prefer it be Mel, I'm just not seeing the wolf behavior that I expect from him.
I SAID I'M TAKING A BREAK
If there's a conversion hint that I missed and it's actually AM, I'm yeeting myself.
Oh I forgot Cray's even playing
Aren't you taking a break? :thinking:
My brain doesn't want to.
Someone needs to remind wolves that we really don't need to drag me to endgame in every game.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Ok also, did people really not know I was alley's mason partner? Because I basically said it on thread lol
I’d had an item N2 (presumably from zenge?) that let me randomly watch a player and who they interacted with and got you and alley the night alley died and thought “well that’s helpful but she’s already been a cleared villager from the D1 vote 🤣”

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user