WWelcome to Rehab signups (+/- game thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@Lawper, going to need to see proactive posting from you today instead of lynch recaps.

Has anyone talked with Lawper in PM?

I'm kind of concerned about these kill targets in retrospect and wonder if the wolves are kinda noobish and therefore might not have known to use conversion as soon as one of them went down. (If in fact it was a conversion, of course.)

Don't want to go down a rabbit hole of noob pack vs non-noob pack...but just am increasingly wary of Lawper given that I'm not seeing nearly the level of participation/theories that he showed in previous games or in dead chats, and did not like that soft vouch for youngkal and then the reversal of it in retrospect.

Admittedly I got unusually busy the past couple of days but I tried making up for it by posting my thoughts and casting votes. And no, I didn't get any PM communication from anyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a guy ;)

I'm actually confused because from what I'm reading, all these votes on me are pressure to produce something active. But regarding past games, I just want to point out that I died because of activity problems (and tried/failed to make up for it by posting random analyses) or because wolves killed me too early and preventing me from being active :dead::hungover:

In past games, I was more active in the dead chat since well I died too early and because my theories in the dead chat don't affect the outcome of the game. I'm more careful while I play to avoid getting lynched/killed and I try to make my posts more substantive, but that requires me to read carefully what went on and provide my own comments.

So the activity thing isn't something new, but I do try to actively make up for it by posting substantive things and minimizing the summaries.

Whoops sorry. In prevet she is usually a safe go-to pronoun :p

We just want to see your thoughts on other people. Who do you think is suspicious and why? You have to realize that you might die early until people figure out your play style. But giving your thoughts and theories is much better for the village then just summarizing what has happened or being quiet so you don't get lynched. Silence doesn't help village.

Reactions: 2 users
Don't want to go down a rabbit hole of noob pack vs non-noob pack...but just am increasingly wary of Lawper given that I'm not seeing nearly the level of participation/theories that he showed in previous games or in dead chats, and did not like that soft vouch for youngkal and then the reversal of it in retrospect.

i don't know anything about Lawper but his (?) was the first comment about kal on day 1 that retrospectively pinged my radar yesterday

lynch lawper

I just went through trying to form an opinion on him/her and found that they've only posted 5 whole times since the start of the game... and only two posts were really substantial and one of them was after the D1 lynch was done and included reads that they conveniently felt kal was wolfy. Plus lynched stella yesterday for virtually no reason. Just not liking any of that.

Okay I'm actually confused by the youngkal comments since I don't know where you're getting the interpretation that I'm soft vouching for her. This is what I wrote in D1:

Just caught up. Some thoughts.

I'm a bit confused as to what happened in the night cycle discussion. I read Mixy's vote on me as a joke because I was wrong about her being a wolf in the past two games in a row. But I'm lost by Cray's responses to that and her followup N1 reads (even though many players weren't available). I appreciate Cray's desire for me to play longer in the game as I died too early in past two games, but I'm not following her reasoning of Mixy's joke vote being a wolfy move. I'm also confused by Coop's followup agreement with Cray's reasoning and even going far to also vote Mixy.

I just thought Mixy's vote was meant to be a joke and nothing more than that. The arguments that Mixy's move was wolfy because she placed a vote before getting her role seemed to be assuming a lot more. I'm not sure what I'm missing so clarification would help.

Regarding the AM nightkill, the wolves could be familiar with past games and killed her based on that. Or it could be a random kill.

I'm also confused by the votes on kal. Are they pressure? All I saw were just joke posts from kal being drunk, but I'm not sure how these posts are wolfy.

Continuing with the pressure, I'm probably going with this:

lynch capri1722

Would like to see more posts from her.
I'm also confused by the votes on kal. Are they pressure? All I saw were just joke posts from kal being drunk, but I'm not sure how these posts are wolfy.

I wrote this post before youngkal casted her vote on Pippy and went after her with bad arguments. When I wrote this post, the only things I saw were drunk kal's posts about being confused and Mixy laughingly saying that kal was the new jbooy.

Drunk kal cant handle all these thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Uhoh looks like we got the new @johnnaboo here
Hey someone’s gonna be drunk at least once a game right

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

But LIS then voted her in what looked like pressure to me.

unlynch Pippy

lynch youngkal ... if you're going to play, it needs to be more than 2 posts about drinking

And then we got these posts:

Harshhh man.

Make that 2 posts about drinking and a “harshhh man” post.

So from my interpretation, I thought youngkal was just drunk and joking around, and I wondered whether the votes were pressure since I was confused.

Again, it was after when I wrote that post that youngkal went after Pippy and started using contradictory and bad arguments. Using youngkal's bad arguments against Pippy and her eventual wolf flip against my post is going against time continuity.

So when I came back on D2 after another busy day, I shared my thoughts regarding D1 events and night events (as I was catching up), and I explained why youngkal's arguments were bad... and why I also believe it made no sense for LIS and Pippy to be wolves based on their interactions with youngkal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course, this game is only my third and it takes some getting used to, as my meta reading of players is still weak so I have to rely more heavily on post content when making reads and placing votes.
Ignore meta analysis for now.

Seriously. Fresh eyes tend to see things that do not stand out to people who are used to the landscape. It is an advantage, not a disadvantage.

And depending on who the wolves are, meta analysis is not that useful anyways because they will consciously change it up.

Reactions: 1 users
Just caught up. Some thoughts.

I'm a bit confused as to what happened in the night cycle discussion. I read Mixy's vote on me as a joke because I was wrong about her being a wolf in the past two games in a row. But I'm lost by Cray's responses to that and her followup N1 reads (even though many players weren't available). I appreciate Cray's desire for me to play longer in the game as I died too early in past two games, but I'm not following her reasoning of Mixy's joke vote being a wolfy move. I'm also confused by Coop's followup agreement with Cray's reasoning and even going far to also vote Mixy.

I just thought Mixy's vote was meant to be a joke and nothing more than that. The arguments that Mixy's move was wolfy because she placed a vote before getting her role seemed to be assuming a lot more. I'm not sure what I'm missing so clarification would help.

Regarding the AM nightkill, the wolves could be familiar with past games and killed her based on that. Or it could be a random kill.

Continuing with the pressure, I'm probably going with this:

lynch capri1722

Would like to see more posts from her.

Also, please realize I spent more time writing about Mixy than I did about kal (just look at the significant difference in word count). If it's anyone I was vouching for based on what other players were saying from this post, it's Mixy. And Mixy was a villager.

Okay I'm actually confused by the youngkal comments since I don't know where you're getting the interpretation that I'm soft vouching for her. This is what I wrote in D1:

I wrote this post before youngkal casted her vote on Pippy and went after her with bad arguments. When I wrote this post, the only things I saw were drunk kal's posts about being confused and Mixy laughingly saying that kal was the new jbooy.

But LIS then voted her in what looked like pressure to me.

And then we got these posts:

So from my interpretation, I thought youngkal was just drunk and joking around, and I wondered whether the votes were pressure since I was confused.

Again, it was after when I wrote that post that youngkal went after Pippy and started using contradictory and bad arguments. Using youngkal's bad arguments against Pippy and her eventual wolf flip against my post is going against time continuity.

So when I came back on D2 after another busy day, I shared my thoughts regarding D1 events and night events (as I was catching up), and I explained why youngkal's arguments were bad... and why I also believe it made no sense for LIS and Pippy to be wolves based on their interactions with youngkal.
Yes...?

What you're saying in here is that you appeared to be confused about the votes for youngkal, and it was timed in a way that came across as something vaguely akin to "why are y'all picking on my friend?"

Then when she got lynched and it was clear she was a wolf, you stated you thought she was wolfy. So basically, you decided she was wolfy after everyone knew she was wolfy, which is a very easy thing for another wolf to chime in with. Kind of like "see, I knew it all along!"

When actually, there was no evidence you were suspicious of her prior to her lynch. And in fact, it looked like you were not happy about people pressuring her.

Does that make sense?

Whoops sorry. In prevet she is usually a safe go-to pronoun :p

We just want to see your thoughts on other people. Who do you think is suspicious and why? You have to realize that you might die early until people figure out your play style. But giving your thoughts and theories is much better for the village then just summarizing what has happened or being quiet so you don't get lynched. Silence doesn't help village.

Yeah that's really the main thing that's hurting me, so I'm trying to actively test out different things each game to improve my playstyle. Not dying early obviously helps, but it's a learning process for me.

I'm doing what I can in posting thoughts and theories, but I'm just feeling a bit burdened with a wagon that's already forming on me. Especially since today wasn't really all that active...

Also, please realize I spent more time writing about Mixy than I did about kal (just look at the significant difference in word count). If it's anyone I was vouching for based on what other players were saying from this post, it's Mixy. And Mixy was a villager.
Yes. Alas, that is also not particularly helpful in determining your affiliation, because keep in mind that wolves know who all the villagers are already. It's actually pretty common for wolves to "read" villagers as villagers and defend them accordingly.

Villagers win the game by hunting wolves, not by defending villagers. ;)

Yes...?

What you're saying in here is that you appeared to be confused about the votes for youngkal, and it was timed in a way that came across as something vaguely akin to "why are y'all picking on my friend?"

Then when she got lynched and it was clear she was a wolf, you stated you thought she was wolfy. So basically, you decided she was wolfy after everyone knew she was wolfy, which is a very easy thing for another wolf to chime in with. Kind of like "see, I knew it all along!"

When actually, there was no evidence you were suspicious of her prior to her lynch. And in fact, it looked like you were not happy about people pressuring her.

Does that make sense?

I'm really arguing against that interpretation because it isn't true. I had no idea about youngkal's later posts, since the only things I saw were the joking post and her being pressured. I was just lost whether the votes were pressure or were something else that I'm missing. I said similar but more extensively regarding Mixy and the votes added to her, since it didn't make sense when I read it.

In D1, I don't know whether the votes are joke or pressure or something wolfy. I usually think it's joke or pressure since nothing much goes on in D1, but right now, youngkal's later posts basically further justified the pressure votes and additional votes on her and ultimately justified her lynch. So, in a nutshell, D1 gave an opportunity to successfully lynch a wolf under non-joke/non-pressure reasons.

Maybe I'm just inexperienced (I definitely am since I can't read a lot of people), but my posts were definitely based on confusion as opposed to vouching/defending someone. And like I said, if it's anyone I was vouching for based on what you said, it's Mixy. I wrote more about Mixy and stated my reasons than I did about kal where I just asked a question and expressed confusion.

Yeah that's really the main thing that's hurting me, so I'm trying to actively test out different things each game to improve my playstyle. Not dying early obviously helps, but it's a learning process for me.

I'm doing what I can in posting thoughts and theories, but I'm just feeling a bit burdened with a wagon that's already forming on me. Especially since today wasn't really all that active...
Also, just for like, a future tip: one of the best ways to prevent a bandwagon from forming is to drive lynches using your own original analysis before people have to ask you for it.

Sure, you may still get lynched for a variety of reasons, but in terms of defense... it's a lot easier to be proactive in making sure a vote for you doesn't get traction at the outset vs. trying to stop that train once it has left the station.

Basically, best defense is a good offense.

Yes. Alas, that is also not particularly helpful in determining your affiliation, because keep in mind that wolves know who all the villagers are already. It's actually pretty common for wolves to "read" villagers as villagers and defend them accordingly.

Villagers win the game by hunting wolves, not by defending villagers. ;)

I know but I mentioned it to argue against the arguments that I was vouching for youngkal. I wasn't vouching for anyone, as I was just sharing my thoughts and interpretations on what I read.

Also, just for like, a future tip: one of the best ways to prevent a bandwagon from forming is to drive lynches using your own original analysis before people have to ask you for it.

Sure, you may still get lynched for a variety of reasons, but in terms of defense... it's a lot easier to be proactive in making sure a vote for you doesn't get traction at the outset vs. trying to stop that train once it has left the station.

Basically, best defense is a good offense.

It's hard to prevent a train from leaving when it left before I even arrived. The day was mostly inactive and not many players came, but by the time I even arrived and could share my thoughts on what happened, the wagon already kicked into full speed.

I guess that means I should be more active/proactive in prior days? Which ultimately funnels into being active from D1 and hopefully don't die.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here, I'll even back off for a bit to make the panic less real. Plus, dubz & the mods will enjoy this move:

Unlynch lawper
Lynch genny

Edit: did not see LIS had swapped off of genny. Thought I was creating a 3-way. Too bad, so sad

Reactions: 3 users
Day 3 *AM Approved* Lynch Tally

Cray (2)
- WZ, nyan
Lawpy (2) - Weim, Snowy
genny (1) - Pippy
nyanko (1) - LIS
WZ () -

6/12
lynch close in ~2 hours

BREAKING NEWS:
"Currently on the scene where a certain missing person was found stumbling around and conversing with a dumpster. @LetItSnow , would you like to speak as to what happened? .....eh-hem. Sorry, the authorities have cut our interview short. Tune in later for an exclusive interview with LIS! Kaydubs signing off for now ;)"

Reactions: 6 users
I hate all of you.

I assumed he was on his phone longer than he was supposed to be, and got reprimanded (given RM's post).

No, I don't think so. (See below.) I was never told that I was being punished for sending PMs past the phone usage (which I did do, by accident, but owned up to it immediately with the mods - Pippy can verify that).

Do you think post restriction is a residual effect of drug use? Like if you think it is

No, I don't think so. (See below.) It said I was kidnapped and chemically restrained; not that it was a result of my previous LSD usage.

"not converted" -- are you saying you have info that the no kill night was due to something other than conversion? Like if yes

No; just meant I wasn't converted. Since I was silenced and then post-restricted, I could totally see some snowball rolling my way, so I was trying to pre-empt it.

I know LIS didn't like this post, but he did say "I'm still not really feeling up to it especially after last night's ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhdddddeeeeeeeeeeeing" so I kind of took that to mean it was indeed a side effect of the drug use.

No, I don't think so. (See below.)

What even is this post restriction...

See below.

LIS is there a reason you're tossing out Capri's item results that sounded like affiliation seering for nyanko?

Totally forgot about Capri's supposed item results.

But I also think I'd like to hear *exactly* what those results were, at this point (if Capri hasn't already put it out there). Nyanko's play ... does feel off. More janky than usual - comes and goes. And when Nyanko voted it was a "could go either way," which really isn't much like her - she usually picks a target and just goes straight after it with no regrets - she doesn't wishy-wash her stuff. That's why I moved from Genny to her. I moved back to Genny after you reminded me about Capri. My voting was done via PM, obviously.

With regards to silence/role restrictions, I got two PMs from the mods as follows (I think I'm following the rules here, which were "No quoting mod pms. If you must, you may copy and paste"... so I'm copying/pasting):

o At 9:14PM (central, I'd guess, since that's what I'm set to) last night, RM sent me: "LIS, effective immediately you have been kidnapped and chemically restrained. You are unable to post on the main thread or PM for the time being."

When ... someone ... posted "Where did LIS's post go?" that's where it went - I posted, saw RM's PM, went and deleted my in-thread post.

o Today at 6:59AM I got N3 results from Kaydubs that said: "Strap on your doozy googles.
Night 3 results:
Last night felt so good, but you overdosed. :eek::eek::eek: But fear not!!!

As such, you may only post 1x on the thread during lynch cycle with some specific caveats:
Your post must be primarily rambling based but you may either bold (and/)or italicize 5 key words.

You may submit a lynch vote in PM and you will show up in tally.

We clear, St.Fluffet?"

Actually, re-reading it...

Yeah, maybe my LSD use *was* responsible for the post-restriction?

But it wasn't responsible for the being kidnapped/silenced.....

Ever have one of those dental patients where you can take your rongeurs and give a gentle twist to a 3-rooted tooth and have it pop right out? Just now got caught up after finishing records.

As such, you may only post 1x on the thread during lynch cycle with some specific caveats:
Your post must be primarily rambling based but you may either bold (and/)or italicize 5 key words.
So..... if LIS can only post once during the lynch cycle, why the current effusiveness?

So..... if LIS can only post once during the lynch cycle, why the current effusiveness?

I was told the restriction was over. 21 minutes ago Kaydubs sent:

"You're unsilenced. Go and make up for all of your words that you missed."

Idk if the three way will last an hour BUT I'D BE REAL EXCITED IF IT DID

Me too. Especially in kaydubs game where there's a better-than-average chance that all three go down. That's a lot of useful intel, and hopefully at least one wolf.

But I don't see it happening. None of the people in the three-way tie have currently voted, so presumably they'll vote to save themselves.

It really annoys me that none of them have voted yet.

Actually, it really annoys me that 50% of the players haven't voted with 1.5 hrs left. If I were modding - and fortunately, kaydubs isn't me - all 6 would be dead as of right now.

No; just meant I wasn't converted. Since I was silenced and then post-restricted, I could totally see some snowball rolling my way, so I was trying to pre-empt it.
o_O

Why would those things lead to the conclusion you were converted? That would be a **** ton of action/attention for a conversion.

I'm not really feeling the cray or lawpy votes...need to go back and ISO genny.

@PippyPony @WildZoo Did something happen last night to make you drop your suspicions about Capri?
I said it on thread. After thinking through the likely wolf numbers, I'm currently less inclined to think d1 bussing would have happened.

It's not enough to hold forever, capri is still on my radar. But it was enough for a day or two to consider more likely options.

But I don't see it happening. None of the people in the three-way tie have currently voted, so presumably they'll vote to save themselves.

It really annoys me that none of them have voted yet.

Actually, it really annoys me that 50% of the players haven't voted with 1.5 hrs left. If I were modding - and fortunately, kaydubs isn't me - all 6 would be dead as of right now.
We should mod a game together and kill everyone

o_O

Why would those things lead to the conclusion you were converted? That would be a **** ton of action/attention for a conversion.

I'm not sure I'm following the question.

There was a night without a kill. Typically people start thinking conversion. It occurred to me that someone might say "Hey, what about LIS?" and it annoyed me that I couldn't be part of the conversation. So I addressed it.

I'm not sure what you mean by a ton of action/attention for a conversion.

I have a gut feeling you're overthinking my response.

If you aren't confident about Capri's villagerness, then why are you giving any credence to Capri's soft clear of Nyanko?
Because she could still be accurately reporting night results from an item. She did bury it in that spoiler tag, could have been a way to seem village later on.

Yeah I totally am, because it still doesn't make sense to me as a logic sequence: silence + post restriction = conversion ... how?

But I also think I'm just confused, so carry on. Lol
Just saying it a different way - he was only going to be able to post once. Conversion was going to come up. If it came up later that he might have been converted (not because he was silenced, but just as a likely candidate), he wouldn't have been able to respond.

Also, what I was referring to, but I think would be unlikely for smart mods...converts have in the past been silenced or had some other thing happen to them when they are converted. Not sure anyone would have really thought of that as an option but modding PTSD is a thing so I remembered it.

Yeah I totally am, because it still doesn't make sense to me as a logic sequence: silence + post restriction = conversion ... how?

But I also think I'm just confused, so carry on. Lol

No worries. I'm hesitant to try and detail my thought process, because.... you're going to just say "ok, that's weird" because it isn't how you'd react, but... it went something like this:

1) No kill night - people will be thinking conversion.
2) People love to convert me, and someone like WZ will point that out.
3) Someone like Crayola or Pippy or someone else clever will put together some scenario where converts are automatically silenced for a day (a mechanism that's been done at least once), or where LIS was converted and now I'm just going radio silent because I'm not sure how to react, or ... etc. etc.
4) Dammit. I can't say anything in my defense. If a bandwagon rolls, I can't do squat.
5) I might as well use this one-time chance to say something.

I probably overreacted. I was super annoyed because I hate silencing as a mechanism.

(As to why I hate it as a mechanism - just look at what happened to the thread today. Not saying that I'm the one keeping the game going, but just taking even one active player out can have a huge impact.)

Reactions: 3 users
This is true, but she's not the only person on my suspect list.

Just decided to follow up on a couple more of those people today. *Shrug*

No, I get that. I'm not asking why you aren't voting for Capri (or Nyanko). I was more referring back to your question about why I discounted Capri's soft clear.

(I didn't discount it - I just forgot about it.)

But it struck me as odd that you'd question me about it if you have Capri wolf-leaning, because if Capri is wolfsville, then her soft-clear of Nyanko doesn't mean much.