WWildzoo Family Reunion - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh I think my wolf and village may be backwards, because I totally meant that as complimentary. I meant that I can’t read you worth beans when you’re a bad guy because I wrongly underestimate you. But when you’re a good guy, I find you are very insightful. And this game, I have have been finding that you’ve been insightful, so I am more inclined to trust you. You could obviously be completely pulling the wool over my eyes, but I am more inclined to believe we’re on the same team this game.
I really appreciate this. I didn't quite get what you were saying but I get it now.

Reactions: 1 user
and by all means people, vote me because I seem outside my good guy meta or you think I'm matching my baddie meta.

but no voting me for not being as stupid as you think I am :nono:

Members don't see this ad :)
I hardly think I've had amazing insights with my AM mayor paranoia tunnel, but maybe I am at least making more coherent points.

But I'm coming out of that tunnel as others have managed to catch my attention more.

Yes, it will seem retaliatory, but Sporty's turn to me is suspicious, and while I was tabling SP in light of the WM day and the MJ vouch, of course it comes up that relying on MJ's vouch only works if they're both wolves.

I can't claim to read MJ, but he is sketch, and not just because he is sketch. Maybe all he really has to contribute is the vouch (whether hard or soft) which seems to be from PM.

It looks like there has been a change in the PMs, I'm wondering if some of the people that so far were partners now have new partners, that would obviously affect the strength of vouches. The concern being that I would expect linked PM roles like mason or lovers or whatever, to still be connected, and everyone coming out with whether or not they are still connected to a PM partner, could be problematic for the pack.

Basically, if that didn't make sense, and why I haven't pressed, is that I don't know that the SP/MJ or Finn/Caiter or Allie/WM communications and vouches were because of neighbours or some other random-ish match up, or if they were because of linked roles that allow one to more confidently vouch for a partner. The thing being that if you present your PM vouch as more related to ability vs just luck of the PM draw, then one is more likely to draw villager lynch vs conversion.

In any case, putting players like SP, MJ, Finn, Caiter, Allie, AM up on the back burner because of PM vouching and mayor is problematic, and we all know that. Of these people though, SP & MJ seem the most suspicious. Finn seems wolfy to me, but besides the fact I thought the Caiter case was weak and the soft vouch, that was all Caiter had going for her really.

Wasn't Allie on WM's death vote in a spot that VCA suggests Allie is OK? I know Allie soft vouched WM initially (I think) and later she came out with info that made it seem like WM was buddy buddying her. That said, how solid is all that? Just reconsidering.

AM on the back burner.

So, any thoughts on these players?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out what all the PM'ing and vouching means and how this mash up on PM's is going to affect how we feel about this, at the same time, I REALLY REALLY am not trying to fish and I DO NOT want people to say too much about their PM partners and who they are if they think that's going to be used for villager agenda.

Also, I will put out there that I had a PM partner previously, Stagg. To my recollection there was nothing we discussed on my end or on his end that didn't match our thoughts on thread. Mostly we talked about his going after genny, my thoughts on AM, Pip, and dolphin.

Stagg being my PM partner at the start, plus the fact that historically I felt I could read him OK, plus how I would feel if mayor paranoia got him killed :p were my reasons to vote him as mayor initially.

I figure since Stagg and I are now a thing of the past, it probably wouldn't do much harm to mention he was my PM partner, nor do I think it paints a "I'm a lover please kill me" target on his back (assuming he's a wolf).

I hardly think I've had amazing insights with my AM mayor paranoia tunnel, but maybe I am at least making more coherent points.

But I'm coming out of that tunnel as others have managed to catch my attention more.

Yes, it will seem retaliatory, but Sporty's turn to me is suspicious, and while I was tabling SP in light of the WM day and the MJ vouch, of course it comes up that relying on MJ's vouch only works if they're both wolves.

I can't claim to read MJ, but he is sketch, and not just because he is sketch. Maybe all he really has to contribute is the vouch (whether hard or soft) which seems to be from PM.

It looks like there has been a change in the PMs, I'm wondering if some of the people that so far were partners now have new partners, that would obviously affect the strength of vouches. The concern being that I would expect linked PM roles like mason or lovers or whatever, to still be connected, and everyone coming out with whether or not they are still connected to a PM partner, could be problematic for the pack.

Basically, if that didn't make sense, and why I haven't pressed, is that I don't know that the SP/MJ or Finn/Caiter or Allie/WM communications and vouches were because of neighbours or some other random-ish match up, or if they were because of linked roles that allow one to more confidently vouch for a partner. The thing being that if you present your PM vouch as more related to ability vs just luck of the PM draw, then one is more likely to draw villager lynch vs conversion.

In any case, putting players like SP, MJ, Finn, Caiter, Allie, AM up on the back burner because of PM vouching and mayor is problematic, and we all know that. Of these people though, SP & MJ seem the most suspicious. Finn seems wolfy to me, but besides the fact I thought the Caiter case was weak and the soft vouch, that was all Caiter had going for her really.

Wasn't Allie on WM's death vote in a spot that VCA suggests Allie is OK? I know Allie soft vouched WM initially (I think) and later she came out with info that made it seem like WM was buddy buddying her. That said, how solid is all that? Just reconsidering.

AM on the back burner.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out what all the PM'ing and vouching means and how this mash up on PM's is going to affect how we feel about this, at the same time, I REALLY REALLY am not trying to fish and I DO NOT want people to say too much about their PM partners and who they are if they think that's going to be used for villager agenda.
when I say *expect* to be connected, I should say I would think they would, but of course they might not be with a PM mix up event having happened

Also, and I'm NOT trying to get this person to come forward, but I was watched yesterday (the most recent "day" results I mean). That's all. I didn't get a wolfy or villagery vibe from the notification.

lastly, I need to ISO Glamm to see where I lean on her independent of the night kill avoidance thing and sketchy timing of the reveal (imho there is no "not" sketchy timing for that, just more or less sketchy, and hers was more)

I say this because I'm seriously kicking around:
waste of kill on alpha vs
waste of kill on a truthful wolf with avoidance vs
waste of kill on 3rd party that has some other kill condition vs
likelihood of kill on a baddie/3rd party

I'm a firm believer in "if it doesn't die kill it twice," just for once I'm questioning if that's the right thing here. If it is, coolio.

Has there ever been a baddie with 2 kill avoidances? Because that would be a holy mind frak. I'm pretty sure with one more avoidance we'd come to the conclusion we had an alpha and give up just one shy of death. So I hope if we try to Glamm today we get something useful. And I'm just thinking forward to what do we do if she doesn't die again.

It would be rad if we got info to sway us one way or the other, without outing any PR.

JFC I just realized that SP is dead, so whatever I was saying about her being sketch and voting me, makes me look super bad as in guilty or just stupid.

It also makes me look at MJ more.

Also, WTF is an illusion remover? Sorta suggests an illusion giver mechanic of sorts, don't you think?

Reactions: 2 users
Day 4 Continued

While someone was shaking things up and another found herself strung up, something else was going on.

A beloved grandmanatee was doing all she could to try and be sketch free. It seemed no matter what she did though, she was suspicious. Normally she was without lynch armor as she had somehow acquired the mutation. But not yesterday. The only problem with that is she still looked suspicious. So suspicious that someone snuck up on her during the day and shot her

Dead is @Glammyre who was Jboo, a wolf who could avoid 1 night kill

It is now Night 5 (for real). Deadline is 10pm EST.

Family Members:

1. @Mad Jack
2. @allieh8607
3. @Animal Midwife
4. @dolphin106258
5. @SARdoghandler
9. @johnnaboo
10. @SnowshoeDog143
11. @finnickthedog
12. @capri1722 (formerly caiter)
13. @PippyPony
14. @genny
15. @kcoughli
16. @Stagg737
18. @Crayola227
20. @Skimble

Dead:
Skiski - Kaydubs, vanilla wolf
Weim - STL, ninja
Shelter - Sporty, designated survivors
Sporty - Trilt, illusion remover
Glamm - Jboo, 1x night kill avoidance

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
yes, because when I said everyone I was clearly meaning to exaggerate, because I thought the lie that it was every single person out of the 20 we started with, was totally gonna fly and get me somewhere with a villagery agenda, I can't believe I didn't get that one past the wolf pack in my master plan :rolleyes:

good catch

I meant all the people who did get behind it, and there were a lot

I think if you read the last time I ran for mayor, you'd see a similar result. In fact up to this point, I've had to directly discourage being a serious candidate because people have flowed to me during almost every mayor vote.

Also, WTF is an illusion remover? Sorta suggests an illusion giver mechanic of sorts, don't you think?

I don't really know. Sounds like it'd be similar to the "true seer" in WWarhammer.

Night 1 Mayor Tally
MJ (3) - Sporty, MJ, SAR
Ski (1) - finn
Pippy (2) - Pippy, kc
jboo (1) - jboo
AM (6) - AM, shelter, Skim, dolphin, Weim, Glam
Sporty
() -
finn (3) - Snowy, Cait, Ski
Stagg (2) - Cray, Stagg
Snowy (1) - genny
Cray (1) - allie

20/20

Night 2 Kill Tally
MJ () -
SAR (2) - snowy, jboo
Weim (7) - genny, sar, caiter, sporty, mj, pippy, cray
Cray (1) - shelter
Sporty
(5) - Skim, finn, kcough, allie, weim
Glam () -
Caiter (2) - dolphin, glam
am () -
kaydubz (1) - stagg
jboo (1) - am

19/19

Night 3 Kill Tally

allie () -
shelter (7) - sporty, jboo, cray, skim, sar, glam, kcough
snowy (1) - am
glam (1) - pippy
dolphin (1) - allieh
am (3) - finn, stagg, mj
stagg (3) - dolphin, snowy, genny
jboo (1) - shelter

17/18
Missing: Cait

Night 4 Kill Tally
glam (4)
- dolphin, jboo, pippy, genny
snowy (2) - am, stagg
dolphin (2) - cray, allieh
am (2) - finn, mj
skim (1) - snowy
mj (1) - kcough
jboo (1) - glam
kc (2) - sar, skim
cray (1) - sporty

16/17
Missing: Cait

......and this is what drives my FOMO, and what I hate about taking breaks from WW. Like, inside jokes are cool. Not explaining and including your friends who missed out in on the jokes, not cool. I don't care that inside jokes are less cool when people explain them.

Plus, most inside jokes go over my head even when I'm there when they happen.

Ok I swear to god it has absolutely nothing to do with an inside joke and I would have said so if that was the case because I also hate when inside jokes go over my head. It's something related to the game and it'd be really "cool" if it was just dropped.

AM on the back burner.

lol as I was reading this post all I could think was "wow, fishing much?"
I think it's pretty obvious that at least the SP/MJ pairing and Allie(me)/Weim pairing did not have anything to do with being masons, neighbors, etc but one person from each of these pairs has died and were not revealed as such roles. I'm willing to bet these were the random PM pairings that were set up at the beginning of the game. And those are the PMs that were most recently shaken up, because I did get a new partner.

Also I was never on the Weim vote despite expressing that she was giving me feels earlier on. I only explained after her death why I found her sketchy.

Reactions: 1 users
To whomever decided to mix up the PM pairs last night:
282b93ffbdd027a05291d016e14bc0712b2f9ab2c33a60fb560a528b03913b0e.jpg

Love, Capri :love:

I was all excited to chat with my manator all game but noooooooooo

Reactions: 6 users
Got the tinfoil hat thing yesterday/night (Sunday 11PM CST, whenever that was with the lynch cancel). I asked if a conversion had happened as of that cycle. Answer I received this morning was "yes". Make of that what you will.

Also I got very little sleep last night so if I seem dumber than usual I probably am. It's always a great sign when you walk in to work and the first person who sees you says "you look terrible!" Thanks... I feel awesome... :rolleyes:

I'm exhausted and with the rare headache, and headed to sleep, I didn't get up yesterday until 8 pm. My goal is always to make it on by at least 6 pm because I hate missing deadline even if I've put in a contingency. We'll see.

Anyway, I have to put a vote in now.

kill Snowy

I thought about sticking with my dolph vote. Snowy got my eyebrow up before she made some noises towards me, I don't remember what exactly but if I ISO'd myself I'd probably find it (so it turns out PbPa might actually help my Alzheimer's. And here I was wondering what the connection between my gameplay and LIS' was besides my obvious worship of him.) I can't remember who else was on Snowy, I think it might have been AM or some other player whose opinions I generally like when I'm not really suspicious of them. So it's always worth thinking about someone else's thinking even if you lean village on them, because you could be wrong and they could be right.

For the above reasons, I felt that going in the Snowy direction today might prove more fruitful than staying on dolph. I don't know dolph as well as Snowy, although my knowledge of Snowy isn't great, it's still more to go on.

I'm not pulling the trigger on MJ, and that's probably an emotional mistake, but I'm prone to them. I hate to go after MJ just for having a dead PM partner. Who else had a dead PM partner (besides Allie whose was a villager)? Didn't someone say?

That's just me chatting about the people that came to mind first for suspiciousness looking at today's roster. Head needs sleep now.

A beloved grandmanatee was doing all she could to try and be sketch free. It seemed no matter what she did though, she was suspicious. Normally she was without lynch armor as she had somehow acquired the mutation. But not yesterday. The only problem with that is she still looked suspicious. So suspicious that someone snuck up on her during the day and shot her

Dead is @Glammyre who was Jboo, a wolf who could avoid 1 night kill
giphy.gif

Too real guys

Reactions: 4 users
About to disappear into a couple of stupid long meetings (hello IACUC). That being said, I would absolutely be tickled pink to hear some thoughts about this game from our lovely @Mad Jack .

And since my contingency is obviously useless,

Kill MJ

"for now" since that seems to be the theme of the day

Since the topic of the "remove illusion" ability has been discussed by a few people today, I took that to mean that to mean they made unseerable/untrackable villagers seerable or trackable. I just don't know how long they would be vulnerable though. Like if it's only for that one day cycle, then it would require sporty and the seer/tracker to act on the same person on the same day, and that seems unlikely, but at the same time, I guess it's fair since any unseerable/untrackable villagers thought they were safe from those actions.

I'm also feeling a lot better about cray. I had forgotten about something that happened earlier in the game, which put her in the wolf category for me.

Thoughts on this pm buddy scramble though? I'm not sure how I feel about it, assuming it was related to an ability (which I assumed from the write up).

JFC I just realized that SP is dead, so whatever I was saying about her being sketch and voting me, makes me look super bad as in guilty or just stupid.

It also makes me look at MJ more.

SP and I trusted each other and just like with WZ I would never kill her early game because I like having her around

Since the topic of the "remove illusion" ability has been discussed by a few people today, I took that to mean that to mean they made unseerable/untrackable villagers seerable or trackable.
Oh I guess this would make sense -- wasn't weim unseerable or something?
Edit: untrackable

Thoughts on this pm buddy scramble though? I'm not sure how I feel about it, assuming it was related to an ability (which I assumed from the write up).
I assumed it was the mods since there were a bunch of people without PM partners. But if it was a player, maybe whoever cancelled PMs earlier had this ability too, or something? Or if the cancelled PMs person is wolfy (sounded like maybe the case based on write up), then maybe the person creating the PMs is villagey.

Oh I guess this would make sense -- wasn't weim unseerable or something?
Untrackable I believe.

I assumed it was the mods since there were a bunch of people without PM partners. But if it was a player, maybe whoever cancelled PMs earlier had this ability too, or something? Or if the cancelled PMs person is wolfy (sounded like maybe the case based on write up), then maybe the person creating the PMs is villagey.
That was just my interpretation of the write up. I can't decide if I think it's a village or wolf ability though.

@ziggyandjazzy and @Crayola227 thank god -- I was sitting here thinking "it's 2019 and nobody remembers the things I find funny anymore :arghh:"

I literally hear "illusion, Michael" in my head every single time someone says illusion lol
I love arrested development
My dog's name is Tobias. Not after Tobias Funke, it was part of his race name, but still hilarious.

Kill dolphin

I moved off of her because of Sporty's soft vouch, but the role flip makes me question how strong that was, and dolphin's behavior on some of these kills has been pretty sketch. Plus, there are a couple of other points that make me want to look there.

Could also maybe go for KC or MJ

Ok I swear to god it has absolutely nothing to do with an inside joke and I would have said so if that was the case because I also hate when inside jokes go over my head. It's something related to the game and it'd be really "cool" if it was just dropped.
Temple Grandin came and spoke at my school last week, and my close friend was interviewed about it afterwards in the local paper. Here's the beginning of her quote:

After the talk, student Cambrey C. Knapp, 23, of Redding, California, who is in her second year at the school, said she thought Ms. Grandin's lecture was "really cool."

We've been giving her **** for it for daaaaays

I get that it was related to the game. That part was pretty obvious. The reason why I was asking for clarification is that it seemed like there was something game-related that we were supposed to take away from it, and I didn't get the underlying reference, so I didn't/still don't get the significance of the info drop. Make sense?

Also -- it's something that was put onto the thread in a very obvious way, so I'm not sure why we can't talk about it at all.

Temple Grandin came and spoke at my school last week, and my close friend was interviewed about it afterwards in the local paper. Here's the beginning of her quote:

After the talk, student Cambrey C. Knapp, 23, of Redding, California, who is in her second year at the school, said she thought Ms. Grandin's lecture was "really cool."

We've been giving her **** for it for daaaaays

I get that it was related to the game. That part was pretty obvious. The reason why I was asking for clarification is that it seemed like there was something game-related that we were supposed to take away from it, and I didn't get the underlying reference, so I didn't/still don't get the significance of the info drop. Make sense?

Also -- it's something that was put onto the thread in a very obvious way, so I'm not sure why we can't talk about it at all.
I've already stated on the thread that it's related to item use, I was hoping people would have picked up on that and dropped it. I was trying to be subtle about it because the results of the item are not immediately apparent. You get the item during the day (usually overnight) (the hat- either WZ's or kara's, which you decide) and have to post publicly about it on the thread the next day. The day I had it, I posted this:

I'll eat @Karabiner13 's hat if AM is a villager. (color added now for clarification)

I tried to disguise it in a way that wouldn't seem obvious what I was doing. I didn't get results immediately- I assume I would have found out at night what the results were, but then day/"lynch" was canceled and I lost the item. Jboo wasn't quite as subtle in posting so it was obvious to me what she was doing, but the way she did it unfortunately called a lot of attention to her post. There was no info drop, idk what info you're referring to unless maybe you thought jboo was vouching for SAR?

edited to clarify day/night cycle things

I've already stated on the thread that it's related to item use, I was hoping people would have picked up on that and dropped it. I was trying to be subtle about it
Lol I 100% missed that whole thing. Was it @SARdoghandler who said she needs things to be about as subtle as an avalanche? I feel that lol. Sorry I'm an idiot

I'm not sure why the need for all the subtlety, though -- if it is an item, and you already had it, I don't see the issue with talking about it

There was no info drop, idk what info you're referring to unless maybe you thought jboo was vouching for SAR?
Yep, that is exactly what I thought.

I couldn't figure out why tf she was doing it right before kill close when SAR wasn't even on the board

Based on genny's description of the 2 metaphorical hats, I am assuming it's better to choose Kara's hat/the info is more likely to be true

Kinda weird to have a public seering item in the first place, though

Lol I 100% missed that whole thing. Was it @SARdoghandler who said she needs things to be about as subtle as an avalanche? I feel that lol. Sorry I'm an idiot

I'm not sure why the need for all the subtlety, though -- if it is an item, and you already had it, I don't see the issue with talking about it

Yep, that is exactly what I thought.

I couldn't figure out why tf she was doing it right before kill close when SAR wasn't even on the board

Based on genny's description of the 2 metaphorical hats, I am assuming it's better to choose Kara's hat/the info is more likely to be true

Kinda weird to have a public seering item in the first place, though
What makes you so sure that it's a seering item?
The issue with talking about it so much is that now it's obvious when someone is using it and if it is a seering item (or even if it isn't), they immediately have a target on their back. Villagers can kill that person after they say what they need to say on the thread to use the item. The cover is blown now. I feel like those who had the item could have kept it kind of secret if they posted about it subtly. Oh well! I'm sure jboo will fill us in if she learned anything important.

What makes you so sure that it's a seering item?
...because both of you posted a player name and an affiliation claim? I'm not sure what else you would call that

Whether or not it's accurate is another thing entirely

The cover is blown now. I feel like those who had the item could have kept it kind of secret if they posted about it subtly. Oh well! I'm sure jboo will fill us in if she learned anything important.
But like...you said you're required to post the results. I guess I just still don't see the point of trying to hide something that by design is not supposed to be hidden, but maybe that's just me

...because both of you posted a player name and an affiliation claim? I'm not sure what else you would call that

Whether or not it's accurate is another thing entirely

But like...you said you're required to post the results. I guess I just still don't see the point of trying to hide something that by design is not supposed to be hidden, but maybe that's just me
No. You're not required to post the results.
Here is the item description: To use this, you must post a hat eating comment about a player of your choosing on thread during this night cycle and specify which hat you are using. Choose wisely for there are no second chances and there may be consequences.

I have no clue what the "results" of the item use is because once you post on the thread, you get a PM saying "action noted" and then the day (technically night) was canceled when I used the item so I lost it.

No. You're not required to post the results.
Here is the item description: To use this, you must post a hat eating comment about a player of your choosing on thread during this night cycle and specify which hat you are using.
Ah, gotcha. Ok, that also makes a lot more sense about why you didn't want people talking about it. Sorry :(

You have to admit that's a pretty unusual item design, though. I thought you were just being sketchy about it lol

Choose wisely for there are no second chances and there may be consequences.
This sounds nice and safe

kill dolphin

I'm in class and I honestly don't know when I'm going to be home tonight. Should be before night ends but might end up cutting it close.

I just keep coming back to this line...

I really was just thinking about who i felt I could defend my decision on.

It just sounds villagery to me. I put it on a back burner because I had started getting a wolfy vibe from several of her posts before that but it's been in the back of my mind.
And I feel slightly better about AM today so I'm not going to vote there again right now.