WWildzoo Family Reunion - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's what I thought you meant. I was too worried about getting ninja'd.

Thinking about it more, I realize that your strategy was probably better because @genny tries to play dangerously with ties and waffles (still remember the unfortunate time in Colorado when she did make a last-minute tie by switching Allie's vote from evil Snowy to me resulting in Snowy and me dying together :cryi::cryi:)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone didn't read the spreadsheet :p

"You have the great honor of being the central pillar around which this entire game revolves - You are WildZoo. What can be said about Dubz that has not been said before? Better at taking out villagers than wolves no matter what your affiliation, you've finally got a chance to put those skills to good use. You are a 1 shot samurai. You may choose to use your shot during any lynch. If you take out a wolf, you will get a 2nd (and final) shot that must be used the following lynch. If you take out a villager, you will receive no further shots. As an homage to your certified unlynchable wolf status, you might be a little more difficult to lynch than most wolves in this game."

The only villager that couldn't kill you was weim, because she was the ninja

Well it seems like not reading important things was the theme for this game ;)

Someone didn't read the spreadsheet :p

"You have the great honor of being the central pillar around which this entire game revolves - You are WildZoo. What can be said about Dubz that has not been said before? Better at taking out villagers than wolves no matter what your affiliation, you've finally got a chance to put those skills to good use. You are a 1 shot samurai. You may choose to use your shot during any lynch. If you take out a wolf, you will get a 2nd (and final) shot that must be used the following lynch. If you take out a villager, you will receive no further shots. As an homage to your certified unlynchable wolf status, you might be a little more difficult to lynch than most wolves in this game."

The only villager that couldn't kill you was weim, because she was the ninja

Wait Stagg was unlynchable? :confused:

samurai, ninja, and bomb

For those interested, I have used these roles before. I just gave slightly different role descriptions and tweaked things a smidgen for this game. Last game I used them was Bake and They WWill Come

The base roles are
Ninja: untrackable, can be killed by samurai if try to kill samurai, can defuse the bomb (ie not die)
Samurai: night vig, can kill ninja if ninja tries to kill samurai, will be killed by bomb if uses shot on bomb
Bomb: either will take killer with them when they die, can take someone out on their lynch, or any variation

I did not want to straight up say there is a role that can't kill you or that can kill you so I alluded to it by saying you might be a little more difficult to lynch

No lawp. Read the post.
Oh yay, the tradition of not reading things continues!
As an homage to your certified unlynchable wolf status, you might be a little more difficult to lynch than most wolves in this game."

:confused: this part confused me. I guess might be doesn't mean he's unlynchable. I was thinking whether this would extend as a convert.

But Weim got lynched and was also viewed to be hard to lynch. Unless lynch here means daykill? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
samurai, ninja, and bomb

For those interested, I have used these roles before. I just gave slightly different role descriptions and tweaked things a smidgen for this game. Last game I used them was Bake and They WWill Come

The base roles are
Ninja: untrackable, can be killed by samurai if try to kill samurai, can defuse the bomb (ie not die)
Samurai: night vig, can kill ninja if ninja tries to kill samurai, will be killed by bomb if uses shot on bomb
Bomb: either will take killer with them when they die, can take someone out on their lynch, or any variation

I did not want to straight up say there is a role that can't kill you or that can kill you so I alluded to it by saying you might be a little more difficult to lynch

Thanks, I remember this but was lost by difficult to lynch.

:confused: this part confused me. I guess might be doesn't mean he's unlynchable. I was thinking whether this would extend as a convert.

But Weim got lynched and was also viewed to be hard to lynch. Unless lynch here means daykill? :confused:
"You might be a little bit more difficult to lynch" here means that he was harder for the villagers to kill because if one of them in particular (weim) tried to kill him, she would die instead.

In weim's case it was referring to the fact that she could kill the bomb without being killed as well

"You might be a little bit more difficult to lynch" here means that he was harder for the villagers to kill because if one of them in particular (weim) tried to kill him, she would die instead.

In weim's case it was referring to the fact that she could kill the bomb without being killed as well.

Yeah this makes sense, thanks. I keep forgetting lynches and kills got swapped in this game.

Lol, I was basically ghosting before I was converted. If that's deep-villaging then I want my deep-village card from Lurking because I think I had 2 people vote for me at all that whole game. Fair on the powerwolfing thing, I'm still trying to figure out all of those. I'm just calling myself a wolf-meleon for now, aka

Deep-villaging is just AM terminology I create out of salt blocks.

Reactions: 1 users
Why? When I was shading Genny it was because I legit felt like she was being super sketchballz. If I weren't a villager I probably would have had her way up on my list and been voting for her when the Capri results came back that she couldn't be seered. Also, abilities aren't usually a great way to wolf-hunt, but ability thief is definitely one of the sketchier ones I've seen and I thought it was kind of funny that @genny was the ability thief after what happened with that in Lurking.

Looking at her tone and posts were more than enough to override any ability for me.

Thinking about it more, I realize that your strategy was probably better because @genny tries to play dangerously with ties and waffles (still remember the unfortunate time in Colorado when she did make a last-minute tie by switching Allie's vote from evil Snowy to me resulting in Snowy and me dying together :cryi::cryi:)
Even when I'm playing for the village, I can't escape being wolfy. Why am I possessed by such an insatiable blood lust? :arghh::arghh::arghh:

:shifty:

Reactions: 6 users
Does this mean I've got the triple win as a baddie twice now?!?! :heckyeah:

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over all my wolf pms that are 1/4-1/2 the length of the retrospective thread.

Even when I'm playing for the village, I can't escape being wolfy. Why am I possessed by such an insatiable blood lust? :arghh::arghh::arghh:

:shifty:

We need to wolf together sometime. You, me, and some combination of Pippy, Mel, and Dubz. I feel like village would lose based on the overwhelming bloodlust alone...

Reactions: 1 user
Great job everyone!

I highly encourage you to read mod posts and try to remember the clues in them. I explained a good portion of what could happen in ties in my mechanics section. Dubz also gave a major clue as to what an illusion remover was in Sporty's write-up

I also encourage you to not put much stock in abilities as an indication of affiliation. It is much better to look at how the ability was used as well as how that person has voted and posted. I will continue to use roles in unexpected ways so that they can't help you determine affiliation without analyzing the player's game play. This also goes with role names

I loved how everyone, whether intentional or not, started acting like the person in their role

Was very sad the family hat was not really used. It would have been amazing. I was amused that no one wanted to use Dubz's hat though :laugh:

Superlatives

Most popular - @Animal Midwife. The mind meld item was only used on or by AM the entire game

Most perfect use of role - @kcoughli. Excellent use of Bear quotes

Best reading comprehension - @ziggyandjazzy. Between her role pm and the thread, I think she quoted the write-ups and tallies the most. You are going to be an amazing player once your analysis skills mature!

Best attitude - @SportPonies. Despite asking for clarification on what her role does and only getting a dictionary definition of illusion, she still carried on and tried to figure it out

Best AM impression - @PippyPony. Who else could we give this to but the one who played AM. You got AM to say this:
Hey mods! So, if Pippy live to the ends and wins this, I'll totes send you an evil face of myself to use for dramatic flair in the write up. I'm very guilty and still want to side with the villagers here. Also, her refusing to role reveal and dodging questions was so delicious. I need more.

Reactions: 4 users
We need to wolf together sometime. You, me, and some combination of Pippy, Mel, and Dubz. I feel like village would lose based on the overwhelming bloodlust alone...
Oh gawd

Only if I can managed not to get seered n2 I guess...

For those wondering about @Animal Midwife's on thread flip flopping waffles and freezes, as alpha/pack leader/mayor she had a secret double vote but she also had the potential to die if there was a tie (1/5 chance actually). She was panicking in her role pm every time you goofs decided to try and make ties or unknown ties

Reactions: 3 users
THanks mods for the game!! I really enjoyed it and spend way too much time invested in it haha. @Stagg737 you did a great job villaging! And first time in awhile that @PippyPony has lasted so long into the game without suspecting her as a bad guy :p

Reactions: 2 users
I definitely giggled about that when they chose stagg

I was simultaneously thrilled and pissed to be converted. Thrilled because I got to bathe in the blood lust. Pissed because I actually had to start trying harder and I was no longer a woof.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over all my wolf pms that are 1/4-1/2 the length of the retrospective thread.

Also, wolf chat in the noob game was like 40-something pages. So I'll also claim that victory :p

Unfortunate loss but glad to see I should never trust my logic and just go with my gut instead. Oh and that Staggg buses everyone ;)

My pm to pippy early game when we weren't supposed to be sending pms:
Oh FYI my inner soul is somehow convinced you're a villager. Don't know why, just a tingling feeling, yet I keep agreeing with your logics and votes on thread so make of it what you will.

Why? When I was shading Genny it was because I legit felt like she was being super sketchballz. If I weren't a villager I probably would have had her way up on my list and been voting for her when the Capri results came back that she couldn't be seered. Also, abilities aren't usually a great way to wolf-hunt, but ability thief is definitely one of the sketchier ones I've seen and I thought it was kind of funny that @genny was the ability thief after what happened with that in Lurking.

So how did your role work? From what I understood (aka what Genny told me) was that you could choose the actions of 3 players and redirect them onto 1 person. If that was the case idk why you didn't pick Pippy + 2 others (me and Cray if you trusted Genny) and re-direct them onto Pippy. If you couldn't re-direct pippy onto herself then I would have chosen me, Genny, and Cray and redirected us onto Pippy since everyone knew she was 3rd party. That's what I was talking about when I said "you can save the game". Glad I didn't explain that in thread now though!
Nah she wasn’t sketchy at all to me. And you saying she was made me suspect you.

Yeah that isn’t how it works, only one person is redirected. Chance would’ve had to choose the village to do the kill last night and kill the other village. It was a crapshoot, basically impossible (or very unlikely).

Great job everyone!

I highly encourage you to read mod posts and try to remember the clues in them. I explained a good portion of what could happen in ties in my mechanics section. Dubz also gave a major clue as to what an illusion remover was in Sporty's write-up

I also encourage you to not put much stock in abilities as an indication of affiliation. It is much better to look at how the ability was used as well as how that person has voted and posted. I will continue to use roles in unexpected ways so that they can't help you determine affiliation without analyzing the player's game play. This also goes with role names

I loved how everyone, whether intentional or not, started acting like the person in their role

Was very sad the family hat was not really used. It would have been amazing. I was amused that no one wanted to use Dubz's hat though :laugh:

Superlatives

Most popular - @Animal Midwife. The mind meld item was only used on or by AM the entire game

Most perfect use of role - @kcoughli. Excellent use of Bear quotes

Best reading comprehension - @ziggyandjazzy. Between her role pm and the thread, I think she quoted the write-ups and tallies the most. You are going to be an amazing player once your analysis skills mature!

Best attitude - @SportPonies. Despite asking for clarification on what her role does and only getting a dictionary definition of illusion, she still carried on and tried to figure it out

Best AM impression - @PippyPony. Who else could we give this to but the one who played AM. You got AM to say this:
Oh lord I wish I had better reading comprehension lol

Well, as usual my instincts were good, but I didn't pull the trigger early enough, and I fell prey to emotional manipulation in not pressing my case and risking making outspoken enemies.

The last vote I case was for Pippy, and I'm proud of that. Also I caught Stagg out on lying and avoiding me, as always not listening to your gut is the most common mistake.

@Skimble still holds the record on reading me perfectly and easily, I might point out.

Also, that yes, I was a good guy this time. How much sense I make in any particular game is probably more a product of however I'm doing in my actual real life.

Thanks for the game @WildZoo , the mechanics were quite interesting and novel, and it was a fun and challenging game. Thanks to everyone that played.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, as usual my instincts were good, but I didn't pull the trigger early enough, and I fell prey to emotional manipulation in not pressing my case and risking making outspoken enemies.

The last vote I case was for Pippy, and I'm proud of that. Also I caught Stagg out on lying and avoiding me, as always not listening to your gut is the most common mistake.

@Skimble still holds the record on reading me perfectly and easily, I might point out.

Also, that yes, I was a good guy this time. How much sense I make in any particular game is probably more a product of however I'm doing in my actual real life.

Thanks for the game @WildZoo , the mechanics were quite interesting and novel, and it was a fun and challenging game. Thanks to everyone that played.

I'm not dubz, but you're welcome :D

I was in charge of abilities and mechanics. Dubz was in charge of role names and their descriptions as well as keeping me in check

My pm to pippy early game when we weren't supposed to be sending pms:
My favorite part was when you voted for me for mayor, btw.

Sure let's live on the edge

Elect pipsqueak

Nothing could possibly go wrong here.
:heckyeah::love::heckyeah:

I got all excited, guys -- I've never actually been mayor! I knew I was a bad guy, and went for it anyways before knowing my actual ability even though that's an objectively terrible idea.

:whistle:

Welcome all to the Dubz Family Reunion!
Brought to you by @WildZoo and @Karabiner13
The Dubz family is an interesting family and all seem to be particularly great at one thing, wolfing. When they all gather for their annual family reunion they revel in their tales of shutting out the village, being the deep cover wolf, and the #doitforthelulz lifestyle. Inevitably, talk turns to the best night kill strategy as well as lamenting all those fallen to the nasty villagers and their lynches.

It would seem that some in the family were not quite so proud of their wolfing heritage though and much preferred the village life. They secretly met at the Family Reunion plotting how best to get their revenge on their wolf family.

Before too much reminiscing and plotting occurred, @WildZoo stepped forth. She was greeted to much applause as only a wolf family matriarch could.

'If you would all sit down and listen for a few minutes I have some important things to announce. First, if you would all go to table beside check-in, you will notice the family web has been updated. Please take time to admire it as much hard work went into creating it.

Second, tonight, we will elect our family mayor. This is a very important honor that will be held for the duration of our reunion. This person must not be afraid of death and be able to make important decisions. Once we have our mayor, we can get down to the fun and games that is this reunion.

Lastly, I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve but I love you all as we are family'

tenor.gif

Everyone looked slightly confused as Dubz finished her speech but this soon changed to cheers and calls requesting retelling of famous wolf games. Dubz looked to Karabou and as one they smirked as they thought of all the topsy, turvy fun that was about to start.

If you have not been told differently, you are a WOLF
Rules:
  1. You may only PM with your mod assigned PM buddy or through other mod approved means
  2. No screenshots. No quoting mod pms. If you must, you may copy and paste
  3. Don't edit night kill votes. You may edit posts
  4. If discussion stops and there is an overwhelming majority before night kill deadline, night kill may close early. No plurality rules. Otherwise deadlines will be as follows: Lynch closes at 6 am EST, Night closes at 10 pm EST
  5. Early actions and contingency actions are much appreciated.
  6. Dead must post in **** stars ****
  7. No posting strategy between lynch/night close and the posting of the write-up. Additionally, do not share lynch results before the write-up is posted
  8. You can roll reveal if you want, but it won't help you terribly much
It is now Night 1. Mayor Vote will close at 10pm EST tomorrow

Family Members:

1. @Mad Jack
2. @allieh8607
3. @Animal Midwife
4. @dolphin106258
5. @SARdoghandler
6. @SportPonies
7. @WeimMama
8. @SkiOtter
9. @johnnaboo
10. @SnowshoeDog143
11. @finnickthedog
12. @Caiter92
13. @PippyPony
14. @genny
15. @kcoughli
16. @Stagg737
17. @sheltermed
18. @Crayola227
19. @Glammyre
20. @Skimble
I think my favorite thing is that despite the absolutely **** ton of people in the family tree, neither I, nor my manator (Kam) are on here. :laugh:

I think my favorite thing is that despite the absolutely **** ton of people in the family tree, neither I, nor my manator (Kam) are on here. :laugh:
Well I have no idea who her manator was. For all we know you are connected, the matchups were just never posted for Child's Play so some of that info is missing