WWubba lubba dub dub! - Rick & Morty Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Aw darn. I have an interview at Mississippi State (which means I will also be incognito tomorrow) and we had the little social/tour. I'm trying to finish biochem homework and just now had time to log on :(

Members don't see this ad.

The town seemed to grow quieter and quieter throughout the day. This morning, the shops had been crawling with cute, cat-eared villagers, stocking up on hammers, baseball bats, crowbars, chainsaws, candlesticks, lead pipes, rat poison, rope....you know, your general everyday household maintenance items. And everyone Morty had run into had seemed so warm and friendly. "Beautiful day," they all had said. "Should be a beautiful night," some had added, a knowing smile on their lips and a twinkle in their eyes. But now the sun was setting, and the crowds had completely disappeared. Morty could swear he'd seen a tumbleweed roll down the street. After the hustle and bustle of the morning, the emptiness seemed strange and foreboding. Morty glanced at the hardware store across the street and jumped, noticing two bright green eyes pressed up against the window pane.

"Wh...what's that in the window, Rick? Oh geez, Rick, oh man, those are eyes! They're watching us, that's pretty creepy, you know?"

"They're in all the windows, Morty, open your eyes." Rick fiddled with a screw on the gun he was repairing. "It's about time for you to harness that repressed rage again, Morty. Come with me, looks like we're going to get ourselves a bit of a head start."

Rick pulled Morty away from the window and turned to face the rest of the group. "SOV again, huh? Good enough for me. Who has him?"

The group glanced around, waiting for someone to come forward.

"I thought you were bringing him."
"No, I thought SHE was bringing him!"
"It was definitely Jerry's turn. Jerry was supposed to bring him!"
"Oh good grief. Does anyone know where SOV is?"

But no one did. Oh well.

You haven't lynched a squanching thing. Insert exasperated admonishment, blah blah blaaaah.

Night deadline is 9am EST, but try to get your actions in as early as you can. Stay on your toes tonight....sundown is when the festival begins.

ROSTER

Harry Herpson High School

StartingoverVet
WildZoo

St. Equis Hospital
Stb1473
Cyndia

BLIPS AND CHIITTZZZ!
Mad Jack
LadyOtheFarm

Citadel of Ricks
Jilary
Touchpause13

Pluto
hedgiehog
LetItSnow

Anatomy Park
kcoughli
allieh8607
rockatiel
PrincessButterCup

Jerryboree!
Zensing
Hazelmoo

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Good luck at your interview tomorrow, Rocky!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Almost made it...

We'll my kid's doing well and my vote would have just added to the pile. I hope something good comes of this. It will make me feel like luck is on my side tonight and I could use it!

Aw darn. I have an interview at Mississippi State (which means I will also be incognito tomorrow) and we had the little social/tour. I'm trying to finish biochem homework and just now had time to log on :(

Sending good vibes for you both! :love:

Reactions: 3 users
@kcoughli, who did you block last night? I'm trying to sort out potential seering options.
I did not successfully block anyone last night, though this time I think it was another random fail rather than someone blocking me. At least the wording was consistent with my previous fails as opposed to being "immobilized."

Reactions: 1 user
Another wasted lynch.
761.gif

Do you guys want to win?
I guess not.

Well done wolfies.

I don't consider it a wasted lynch if we lynched no one as opposed to another villager...

I don't consider it a wasted lynch if we lynched no one as opposed to another villager...
Sure, keeping villager numbers is good, at least a villager lynch would remove one suspicious person from the pool. We just spent a day gathering no info.

Sure, keeping villager numbers is good, at least a villager lynch would remove one suspicious person from the pool. We just spent a day gathering no info.

Then hopefully that gives us another night to find out more instead of killing ourselves one by one!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a warning to everyone that after night close, I'll be sending out the morning results kind of as I can between patients. Assuming no crazy last minute waffles, I have everything ready, just need to prioritize real life. :)

Just an FYI - mods clarified, they meant parity, not plurality for SOV's win condition.
Ah, so he does have a win condition? That definitely makes him more of a priority. As much as a wolf? Maybe. Depends on how hard he is to kill. I'm still me inclined to hunt for wolves myself, there's a ton of players left.

Ah, so he does have a win condition? That definitely makes him more of a priority. As much as a wolf? Maybe. Depends on how hard he is to kill. I'm still me inclined to hunt for wolves myself, there's a ton of players left.
Actually this was news to me as well, and I have been PM-ing with the mods to clarify this.
I promise you that I was not told this until yesterday.

Trilt said after she gets out AM close she will provide me with more details, but I am guessing that this role was not thought out completely ahead of time and is being done on the fly, based on their flip-flop answer and lack of mention to me.

I prefer to be honest about whatever they say, to keep playing the same way I have all game.

ON CRONENBERG EARTH...

Well, last night on Arthricia's planet was definitely interesting. The "festival," as you learned, was really just an opportunity for the adorable cat people to go to town murdering each other. Rick says quite a few planets have a similar gimmick, although some are a little less subtle and just call it "murder night." Apparently it is great for repressed rage - but seriously, what the hell?

So everyone who had any reason to be outside last night - malignant or benign - dodged chain saws, hatchets, and even the occasional nunchuck. The cat people soon learned that this weird group of characters that had shown up in their home wasn't really feeling the festivity, so they eventually left ya'll alone for the evening.

Then, when everybody woke up in the morning, they were greeted by an even more grotesque sight. It seemed that once again the entire neighborhood had been transported, and while this looked like Earth... all of the neighbors were looking a bit Cronenberg-y - even Mrs. Spencer's cat was looking quite bizarre, with a mouth on his tail and two extra heads. Still had the leash on, though.

vsabmGG.png

"Yeess! arghheeljak!" proclaimed one monster, shreds of his business suit barely hanging off his elongated, slimy body. His attempts at snapping his (now nonexistant) fingers were less than successful.

"My - shreeeiiikkkk - maaaaaaan!" spoke another, body bizarrely sausaged in the middle by a leather mailman's bag. Thankfully, none of them seemed very aggressive, just very very ugly.

When the remaining characters gathered in the morning, nobody seemed particularly perplexed by the change of scenery. Some seemed to really revel in it, actually. And once again, they found not a single person missing. Cool.

Nobody has died.
Apparently you're just all really bad at killing.

You know the drill - It is now Day 10. Lynch will close at 9pm, or if there's a significant majority and a mod around.

________________________________ _____ ____ ___ __ __ _ _

ROSTER

StartingoverVet
WildZoo

St. Equis Hospital
Stb1473
Cyndia

BLIPS AND CHIITTZZZ!
Mad Jack
LadyOtheFarm

Citadel of Ricks
Jilary
Touchpause13

Pluto
hedgiehog/Caiter92
LetItSnow

Anatomy Park
kcoughli
allieh8607
rockatiel
PrincessButterCup

Jerryboree!
Zensing
Hazelmoo

DEAD
SFSteph - Morty Jr.
Rogert - Scary Terry
Lupin - Tiny Rick
Finnickthedog - Summer
Dyachei - Morty
Caia - Arthricia
Aloha - Tammy
Katashark - Mr. Poopy Butthole
Teepster87 - Fart
DVMDream - Squanchy
Hayley - Tinkles
Flim Flam Man - Unity
Devastating - Rick's Space Ship

Last edited:
nor I

lynch hmoo.

Btw, no kill last night because I was attacked. Apparently the wolves didn't believe my "hard to kill" ability.

And another night, another wasted block on me. You guys do understand that everytime you waste an action on me, it is an action that could have been used to find a wolf? Or is all the blocking from the wolves?

Oh btw, I know that Zen sniffed me last night, so you probably will know how to kill me.
I am going to be out flying most of the day and evening, so may not have a chance to get back ...

Here is my justification for you to wait.
1) You now will know how to kill, so why the rush... since
2) The wolves tried to kill me again last night. If they want me out of the way, there has to be a reason. Do you really want to do the wolves work for them.
3) Tonight at least is my investigation night and I have been let you know all the info, so why kill me today when it serves no purpose when you can do it tonight?

I obviously think you should keep me around longer.... so please consider that. Try to be rational and not just "let's get rid of SOV, he isn't me." All I am doing, and want to do is helping villagers.

Does anyone have a list of who has been "cleared" and by whom?
If not, guess it'll give me something to do aside from sleeping in class haha. Today has been a real struggle so far... :sleep:

Also, I'd really like to hear how SOV can be killed, but I would actually be okay with not getting rid of him for another day or two. There are so many players left in the game, I don't think it'll matter if he stays alive for a little bit if he is still giving us useful information and is causing the wolves to waste kills. But we should definitely go after him soon.

Oh btw, I know that Zen sniffed me last night, so you probably will know how to kill me.
I am going to be out flying most of the day and evening, so may not have a chance to get back ...

Here is my justification for you to wait.
1) You now will know how to kill, so why the rush... since
2) The wolves tried to kill me again last night. If they want me out of the way, there has to be a reason. Do you really want to do the wolves work for them.
3) Tonight at least is my investigation night and I have been let you know all the info, so why kill me today when it serves no purpose when you can do it tonight?

I obviously think you should keep me around longer.... so please consider that. Try to be rational and not just "let's get rid of SOV, he isn't me." All I am doing, and want to do is helping villagers.
Since you know I checked on you, you can drop the neutral act.

Per the mods - "You take a good whiff, and learn that SOV may be killed two ways; if two separate kills are used on him during the same night, OR if his funding source dries up and he is the last wolf remaining."

We can't lynch you, but you're definitely a wolf.

Reactions: 4 users
well, crap.. I was supposed to seer as neutral.
Oh well.

Wolves, if you get that communication device thingy, contact me, and I will join up with you.
I was really just yesterday told I am aligned with the wolves. Silly mods.

Wish you didn't out me, but now let's work together to coordinate our activities.
Villagers have unleashed me.

well, crap.. I was supposed to seer as neutral.
Oh well.

Wolves, if you get that communication device thingy, contact me, and I will join up with you.
I was really just yesterday told I am aligned with the wolves. Silly mods.

Wish you didn't out me, but now let's work together to coordinate our activities.
Villagers have unleashed me.
You might have alignment-seared as neutral. I just decided to kill-seer instead per Jilary's post.

Does anyone have a list of who has been "cleared" and by whom?
If not, guess it'll give me something to do aside from sleeping in class haha. Today has been a real struggle so far... :sleep:

Also, I'd really like to hear how SOV can be killed, but I would actually be okay with not getting rid of him for another day or two. There are so many players left in the game, I don't think it'll matter if he stays alive for a little bit if he is still giving us useful information and is causing the wolves to waste kills. But we should definitely go after him soon.
Here's what I have:
StartingoverVet - Wolf assassin per this night's results
WildZoo - No one's cleared, but has routinely provided coroner info, so likely Beth, villager

St. Equis Hospital
Stb1473 - Your neutral buddy
Cyndia - "Died" neutral via possum potion

BLIPS AND CHIITTZZZ!
Mad Jack - Likely Rick, dyachei's Rick?
Ladyothefarm - Seered as villager by me last night

Citadel of Ricks
Jilary - Birdperson, likely villager
Touchpause13 - Died as Morty (presumed villager) n0, claims Hazel's morty

Pluto
hedgiehog - Claims Ants-in-my-eyes Johnson, seered as villager the night before last
LetItSnow - Claims vanilla, no one's cleared (that I know of)

Anatomy Park
kcoughli - Claims villager blocker
allieh8607 - Photography raptor, PM'd with hayley, unseerable
rockatiel - Unknown role and ability, but seered as villager several nights ago
PrincessButterCup - Mortyless Rick, seered as villager a few nights ago

Jerryboree!
Zensing - Alignment and how-to-kill seer
Hazelmoo - TP's Rick

Anyone have additions or corrections?

I have no reason to switch my vote from yesterday, so lynch kcough
How about the fact i keep saving us by blocking sov?
Btw, no kill last night because I was attacked. Apparently the wolves didn't believe my "hard to kill" ability.

And another night, another wasted block on me. You guys do understand that everytime you waste an action on me, it is an action that could have been used to find a wolf? Or is all the blocking from the wolves?
I think I'm happy with my decision to block you.

Veterans, what are the odds of a convert?
It seems like the wolves already had two converts if sobsob started out neutral, in which case i wouldnt expect them to have another. However, if that bit early on in the game about him killing lupin was true (I can't remember who put that info out there), then maybe he never was neutral. In which case they could have another. Kind of depends on how many wolves we started with.

Doesn't mean you're not a wolf. Esp since it sounds like SOV has been working alone.
I seriously cannot win. It sounds like SOV is an alpha wolf right? With that kind of kill condition. And did he say that to make us think he's working alone? I don't know how to earn all of your trust but I've never blocked anyone important like you or Zen, been entirely up front about who i block and why, and really have been playing on team villager since day 0 and if all of that doesn't scream "hey kcoughs a villager" then idk what else you want from me. Just kinda tired of always being near the chopping block.

It seems like the wolves already had two converts if sobsob started out neutral, in which case i wouldnt expect them to have another. However, if that bit early on in the game about him killing lupin was true (I can't remember who put that info out there), then maybe he never was neutral. In which case they could have another. Kind of depends on how many wolves we started with.
Given my seering results, I'd guess that SOV was always a wolf, but wasn't in communication with the main pack. That way, they sometimes work at cross-purposes. There was a similar mechanism in Hunger Games WW.

I seriously cannot win. It sounds like SOV is an alpha wolf right? With that kind of kill condition. And did he say that to make us think he's working alone? I don't know how to earn all of your trust but I've never blocked anyone important like you or Zen, been entirely up front about who i block and why, and really have been playing on team villager since day 0 and if all of that doesn't scream "hey kcoughs a villager" then idk what else you want from me. Just kinda tired of always being near the chopping block.
I didn't say it means you are a wolf, just that it doesn't clear you. I also haven't voted to lynch you because I think you have been acting like a villager. Personally, I think it's pretty likely there is truth to SOV working alone as a wolf. Since the mods told me there was "sort of" one wolf back I assumed there was a lone wolf-type player out there. No kill last night plus SOV saying he was attacked by the wolves (before he was outed by zen) makes sense as well, but of course that could be a lie. But with the very real possibility that SOV is not working with the main wolf pack means continually blocking him does not mean you're not a wolf. That's all I was saying.

Sorry for being awol yesterday, caucus day is nuts. Catching up now

lynch allieh
Based on the info I have, the only ones I think *could* be an original wolf are allieh, LIS, or kcoughli. I know of a character who could be LIS's vanilla, and I don't want to lynch a villager blocker until I'm a little more certain. I find it a little more believable that allieh is a parasite, cover role Photography Raptor, and alignment unseerable than that someone else is an original wolf.

Who do you suggest lynching then? LIS, Jil, and allie are the most suspicious to me.

Unlynch kcough

Okay, and one more thing for the day:

@hedgiehog has been feeling really poorly for the past few days, so will be subbed out with @Caiter92, who has been quietly following along. I know it's pretty late game for this, but she was willing and able so I figured that'd be better than losing someone. She is at an interview right this sec but should be back by this evening for lynchin' times. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
thanks trilt! I'm leaving soon for my interview (eek!) but I'll catch up the rest of the way after and be back for the lynch tonight!

Reactions: 6 users
thanks trilt! I'm leaving soon for my interview (eek!) but I'll catch up the rest of the way after and be back for the lynch tonight!

Good luck! You'll do great!

Reactions: 1 users
Try to be rational and not just "let's get rid of SOV, he isn't me." All I am doing, and want to do is helping villagers.

Comments like this make me want to step up my timetable on getting rid of SOV. I love the "be rational" comment. It isn't inherently irrational to get rid of him - he is NOT a villager, and for half of this stuff we're just taking his word for it. I don't believe this whole "gee, the mods didn't clarify my win condition" schtick - that's classic SOV lying.

Still not ready to vote for him, but comments like this nudge me closer.....

***lynch mj***

(No reason to change ky vote from yesterday either.)