2009-2010 Loyola University Chicago (Stritch) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't received this one yet. =/
be glad you havnt lol seriously. Beast doesnt begin to describe it.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
be glad you havnt lol seriously. Beast doesnt begin to describe it.

im kinda glad in a way since i have so many others that are going over 2 weeks! but on the other hand its screened so it would be nice if it comes too =)

I can't decide if I want to do it now or wait until I actually get it...I would be pretty mad if I did it and then got screened out...anybody know how low they screen for oos?

I can't decide if I want to do it now or wait until I actually get it...I would be pretty mad if I did it and then got screened out...anybody know how low they screen for oos?
its low i dont remember exactly but unless your GPA is like <3.2 you should be fine here with your mcat.

its low i dont remember exactly but unless your GPA is like <3.2 you should be fine here with your mcat.

wait a minute elijah how do you know my mcat? haha jk jk

i stalk you at night while hiding in the wilderness in alaska:scared::scared:

haha you could never find me...the state is WAY too big...lol...plus ppl from the states are too afraid of moose and what not to hide in the wilderness :laugh:

haha you could never find me...the state is WAY too big...lol...plus ppl from the states are too afraid of moose and what not to hide in the wilderness :laugh:
Shows you how much of a man our Elijah is. His cojones could eclipse the sun.

Ok do they screen you based on your last MCAT score even if you say just took a new one on 17th? Because I wont b getting my score back until august 17th, does that mean I won't b getting secondary from them till then? My last year's MCAT score was 10 6 o 10

haha...nice...put that on your resume elijah...lol
ahha well....they always say you want to stand out in applications...how many people can say "cojones could eclipse the sun." thats gotta garner some interest somewhere:p

Members don't see this ad :)
ahha well....they always say you want to stand out in applications...how many people can say "cojones could eclipse the sun." thats gotta garner some interest somewhere:p
The proof that you have to offer Davis should be interesting :)

still haven't gotten this one... so I called and they said there are problems with the system so only a few people (70ish) have gotten the secondary. they said most people have not gotten it. she said that if I haven't recieved it by the second weekend in august to worry then. hope this helps everyone! :)

Last edited:
When I get this secondary, I'm going to bite its head off and drink its blood!!! Then pie for desert :smuggrin:

For people who got secondary, could you post questions please? Are they the same as last year? Is there a prereq grid? Thank you!

For people who got secondary, could you post questions please? Are they the same as last year? Is there a prereq grid? Thank you!

the questions are in the first response on the first page. lots, ugh.

what do you mean by prereq grid? a thing to fill out what classes you've taken that satisfy the requirements? (i don't have it, but in case you're asking what the prereqs are, from the 09-10 MSAR it's inorganic, bio, organic, physics, with biochem/genetics/humanities/molecular recommended. but i'm thinking that's not what you're asking).

I haven't received anything from this school yet. should I call?

yeah, I guess they're having issues (aren't they all! Rosalind Franklin, paying for georgetown/creighton/that website used for those and others...). The questions are on here at least, but I haven't gotten one either.

I got this secondary.. screening must not be too harsh bc my stats suck. Secondary isnt as bad as I thought though. Submitting tomorrow like a G

Seriously. The problem with 7 questions with overlapping topics is that you can only BS so much and with 25-lines, you can't even copy/paste from other secondaries because those responses are far too short. I'm all BSed out now and I still have to answer the first one.

Sure you can. You just have to grow a big crystal out of a small seed, so to speak. Or add layers of BS. Whichever analogy you prefer. It sucks now but you'll probably be able to use it a lot for later secondaries. That's how it has been with Kentucky.

Last edited:

I called. They just said they've received a ton of applications and just to wait for now. They didn't give me any idea of how long to wait though.

How serious are the LOR requirements? I only have 3 from professors; 2 of them are science professors, but 1 of them is also my advisor. The instructions say 2 science professors in addition to your advisor.

sorry if this has been asked, but how do i fill out "form c" if i have a letter packet with a cover letter from the premed committee?

How serious are the LOR requirements? I only have 3 from professors; 2 of them are science professors, but 1 of them is also my advisor. The instructions say 2 science professors in addition to your advisor.

I'm in the exact same boat. I may claim I have no advisor.

I was actually having the same problem. So i emailed them and admissions reponded that it has to be 2 from science prof., one from an advisor or request a committee letter. So if your professor is your advisor than you have request one from another science professor. And any additional to the 2 from sci. prof., and advisor would be considered supplemental. (ill look for the email and post it on here so you guys can see how they worded everything) or just send them an email

I haven't gotten this yet, what are the LOR requirements? whichever post listed off a bunch of options was confusing. thanks guys.

*edit
ok, never mind on that, I found it on the website (which I swear wasn't there when I was researching schools...anyway, http://www.meddean.luc.edu/node/61), which brings up a new neurotic question. For option 3, I assume by transferring they don't mean if I took a few classes at different universities? I've got the few from HS which were technically taught by teachers at my HS but got college credit, and then a summer course. I never transferred, so this doesn't apply, right? I hope my committee letter is good enough, because I'm not going back to my HS and having them write me a letter.

Last edited:
lol you alreayd have the prompts u can start now and then submit the 1st day it comes out! no need to want it now :p
Oh, I'm already on it. I just want it so I can click the submit button now!

dunno how they ordered the sending of this one.. I've already sent it off though. No way to check status other than e-mail I suppose

Sorry if people asked this earlier but do they screen or wait for MCAT scores?

Since someone already posted the link to the secondary, is it possible to sign in and work on the secondary without getting the email like some people did with UIC's before the web guy fixed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.