2009-2010 Yale University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I submitted this secondary on 6/13, all of my mcats/lors were received by 7/9 but it still says that I am incomplete. I have called the admissions committee several times but they don't seem to be able to do anything about it. :help:

Be patient. I submitted earlier than you and was just marked "complete" yesterday. They seem to be moving slowly, which makes sense. They are non-rolling after all.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just submitted. I can almost remember my credit card number now because of all these secondary payments

for their LORs, if you are using AMCAS to send them a letter packet, should you put AMCAS's address for institution city and state, or the institution that sent it to amcas?

Just submitted my secondary. I would be honored with even an interview. I looked at some stats and found out that only about 1 in 280 get accepted to Yale Med School from my particular school, or one applicant ever 2 1/2 years.

So Yale calls their secondary app a "Supplemental Application"? I thought I had missed some sort of 3rd step, lol.

I need to get started on this one and get it in! I'm a little late because I was waiting on MCAT scores, but time to hit the ground running!

Congratulations!!!

When were you, i guess "in review", according to their status page?

wait, is it a joke? lol

Just got the email for an interview!!!! Completed on 8/9!

Members don't see this ad :)
ah that smiley face looked like u were trying to freak us all out. congrats to everyone though!!!

Just got the email for an interview!!!! Completed on 8/9!

I'm sorry I find it hard to believe. There probably were thousands who completed before you. Last year they started to send out interview invites in September.

Last edited by a moderator:
website says "Applications will be reviewed as they become complete. Interview invitations will be sent by email between September to February."

congrats

Last edited:
Edit: Ok I was just messing. I am still reliable though :D

so was this all some joke? if so, not really funny. its been done 1000000 of times

so was this all some joke? if so, not really funny. its been done 1000000 of times

i just saw someone (who i don't think is on SDN) update their fbook status with a yale invite. so... i'm guessing no joke.

(but i'm kind of disgusted with myself for obsessing this much. i'mma go to the gym now...)

yes it was an immature joke on my part... I can't speak for the other two.

but c'mon.. there's nothing like jumpstarting your sympathetic nervous system when we're all tired at the end of the day, right?

Not a joke. I'm not here to make stuff up. I just wanted to help let you guys know where they are in the process. I submitted my secondary much earlier, but my letters of rec did not arrive until august, that's why I was complete later. I honestly did get an interview.

Not a joke. I'm not here to make stuff up. I just wanted to help let you guys know where they are in the process. I submitted my secondary much earlier, but my letters of rec did not arrive until august, that's why I was complete later. I honestly did get an interview.

congrats. are you IS or OOS (not sure it matters here). mind sharing your stats?

Thanks Xoyes.

threads usually blow up when interview invites come in. i wonder if theyre sending out only very few to the best of the best now.

congrats. are you IS or OOS (not sure it matters here). mind sharing your stats?

OOS, did not go to Yale undergrad (wouldn't think it would help for this school anyway). Stats are below the Yale median, but above the 10th percentile (GPA: 3.6-3.9; MCAT: 31-36). So you don't need a 40/4.0 (not that there's anything wrong with that) to get an interview!

Regardless of the stats, I'd like to think it was my ECs and essays that helped me reach that next step.

Best of luck to you all!

Wow just got the interview invite this afternoon.

Completely shocked. Statswise, Yale is out of my league.

OOS, did not go to Yale undergrad (wouldn't think it would help for this school anyway). Stats are below the Yale median, but above the 10th percentile (GPA: 3.6-3.9; MCAT: 31-36). So you don't need a 40/4.0 (not that there's anything wrong with that) to get an interview!

Regardless of the stats, I'd like to think it was my ECs and essays that helped me reach that next step.

Best of luck to you all!

Yeah I think its the same for me.

How long did it take for everyone's letters and mcat scores to go up on your status page? They say it is not real-time, but how far behind are they really in getting the pages updated??

How long did it take for everyone's letters and mcat scores to go up on your status page? They say it is not real-time, but how far behind are they really in getting the pages updated??

few days

What kinds of dates are there? Like just upcoming dates or dates for the entire interview season?

dates ranged from end of august to beginning of october, so they may be doing it in batches...

If they start interviewing in August, this means there will be more invites soooon.

yale says they got my letters yesterday, but my app is still not complete and in review. does anyone know if this happens later? i assume it may be complete, but not under review, thus they put "NO" for the statement regarding both...

Interview invite!!! so excited! i was complete on 7/31

yale says they got my letters yesterday, but my app is still not complete and in review. does anyone know if this happens later? i assume it may be complete, but not under review, thus they put "NO" for the statement regarding both...

Give it a few days. This happened to me too.

As for dates for the interviews, they interview on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. They only allow you to schedule your interview for a day within 6 weeks of your invitation to interview... there are both morning and afternoon interview options, with the morning slot lasting from 7:45AM-2:30PM and the afternoon slot lasting from 10:45AM-5PM.

As for dates for the interviews, they interview on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. They only allow you to schedule your interview for a day within 6 weeks of your invitation to interview... there are both morning and afternoon interview options, with the morning slot lasting from 7:45AM-2:30PM and the afternoon slot lasting from 10:45AM-5PM.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. And congrats. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.