2013-2014 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To those accepted, does anyone know the date(s) of BU's second look?

Members don't see this ad.

BU,

Please send out emails today so I can finally stop waiting/worrying.

Thanks,

Cybermaxx12

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like today will be another day of calls/emails from interviewers unfortunately. I bet we'll get official emails tomorrow or Friday. I'm really hoping I get good news today, since it's my birthday. *fingers crossed*

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Accepted. Received a call saying more information would be coming soon via email.

Reactions: 3 users
Can you guys pleaseeee post your interviewer's name when you're accepted ?! That will seriously ease a lot of tension.

Reactions: 3 users
I also had Dr Caruso and have not heard of one person getting a call from her even during the preliminary acceptances back in January.

Accepted! Phone call from DC this morning - said official email/packet would arrive "soon."

Good luck to all those still waiting, fingers crossed for you!!

Reactions: 2 users
Can you guys pleaseeee post your interviewer's name when you're accepted ?! That will seriously ease a lot of tension.
Seems like it's not gonna happen... Maybe they prefer not to because they feel they'll be identified somehow. Seems possible, I suppose.

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder if there are just so many interviewers that there is not that much overlap for the SDN pop. :eyebrow:

I know I wouldn't mind if I was the interviewer making calls and my name was posted.. just saying, please post names!

Members don't see this ad :)
why are most of the accepted posted after business hours and not including who their interviewer was.

Maybe I'm over analyzing, but I think there will be a flux of calls lunch time and after 5 EST.

I believe that emails are probably expected on Friday.

why are most of the accepted posted after business hours and not including who their interviewer was.
Because interviewers are working and they want to wait to have time to make a meaningful phone call! :)

Received a phone call from Boston medical center today but missed it. Hoping that it would be an acceptance, I called admissions office and they said they don't know who called me. Thought it would be my interviewer (who works at BMC) and now I'm confused. :(

Received a phone call from Boston medical center today but missed it. Hoping that it would be an acceptance, I called admissions office and they said they don't know who called me. Thought it would be my interviewer (who works at BMC) and now I'm confused. :(

Why don't you try calling that number back, instead of the admissions office. I don't think your confusion is necessary.

Just as an FYI - Not all interviewers give calls to applicants. Additionally, interviewers may call just a few (if any) of the applicants they interviewed.

Fingers crossed (probably all week)

Last edited:
Why don't you try calling that number back, instead of the admissions office. I don't think your confusion is necessary.

The phone numbers are masked... no matter who calls, it will show up on your phone as the same generic number.

i guess no one got called during lunch time? let's hope for a batch at 5!! I don't think I can wait until Friday to hear the verdict :nailbiting:.. having a hard time focusing right now :(

The phone numbers are masked... no matter who calls, it will show up on your phone as the same generic number.
Relax. If you cannot think of any other reason why you have received a call from BMC, chances are it was from your interviewer with some good news!

Accepted via e-mail just now! Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call from my interviewer! Good luck everyone else!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone interview with or hear back from DiPetrillo? Please pm me if you're not comfortable posting..

Last edited:
I had dr Holick and haven't heard anything yet. I don't think he called anyone in Jan either looking back at this thread.

I feel like this has to be said:

RELAX! You don't know what your interviewers life and schedule is like.

EDIT: status updates went out on a Thursday last year.. good luck everyone!

Last edited:
I got an email from my interviewer (Dr. Schwartz) today congratulating me on acceptance. He said letters (both physical and email) will go out on Friday.

Reactions: 1 users
I got an email from my interviewer (Dr. Schwartz) today congratulating me on acceptance. He said letters (both physical and email) will go out on Friday.
Damn .... two more days of waiting then?!?!? :boom:

Reactions: 4 users
Was this for MD/PhD??? (He's the director)

Has anyone who was put on the defer-decision list for MD/PhD heard anything?