2013-2014 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Eerily so.... like my phone....

Could be worse, my interviewer has reached out to students for acceptances already :(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anything from Dr. Balady? I saw that he emailed someone from the first batch of acceptances...

I think, considering we all find out in <24 hours anyway, we shouldn't give each other heart attacks by bumping this thread with Dr requests!
And I do understand that I'm bumping the thread with this, sorry!

Reactions: 3 users
I think, considering we all find out in <24 hours anyway, we shouldn't give each other heart attacks by bumping this thread with Dr requests!
And I do understand that I'm bumping the thread with this, sorry!
I agree. I think we'll all soon be asking for a cardiologist or psychiatrist rather than our adcom:depressed::depressed::dead::dead:

Reactions: 2 users
Nah, I like the action in the thread. It at least gives me something to do other than nervously wait. Nervously waiting with others is better.

Reactions: 6 users
I GOT A PHONE CALL!!!

From LA fitness ....... boo hoo ... Every vibration on my phone makes me jump up on my seat. :laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
I GOT A PHONE CALL!!!

From LA fitness ....... boo hoo ... Every vibration on my phone makes me jump up on my seat. :laugh:

Working out is a wonderful distraction. Thursday is leg day for me, and after my routine + 40 minutes of stairmaster, I am going to forget what state Boston is in, for as long as I am crawling. #bringthepain

Reactions: 4 users
If it is any consolation, when I was waiting to hear back about interview invites from UCF, I kept getting calls from other unknown numbers in Florida. This happened multiple times from different numbers over the course of a few weeks. To say that I was a train wreck by the end of the month would be understating matters.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone remember what time the emails were sent at in the last round?

EDIT: 6:15am west coast

Members don't see this ad :)
...from a theater company asking me to subscribe.

I don't normally answer my phone during the day and this is why!

My Dad keeps calling me. I keep explaining to him why this is turning me into a crazy person, but he keeps doing it anyway. He keeps telling me to be flexible and go with the flow. Oh, my wonderful yogi Dad....

GL guys, the biannual national nightmare of BU decision week will be over tomorrow!

Anyone remember what time the emails were sent at in the last round?

EDIT: 6:15am west coast
It occurred in the afternoon (PST) for the March decisions. January decision last year in the morning as well. (Yes... I have too much time on my neurotic anxious hands...)

Regardless, we'll all be finding out tomorrow. Good luck y'all!

Reactions: 4 users
Yep, good luck everyone! the only thing I know for sure is that either way, after this week I'm going to have a serious case of PTSD! :p

Looking in last year's thread, it seems the emails came out around 4:30 pm EST. Where are y'all getting 9 am from?

Looking in last year's thread, it seems the emails came out around 4:30 pm EST. Where are y'all getting 9 am from?
I guess we can go back to bed then.

Edit: that came out entirely inappropriately.

Reactions: 9 users
I'm just going to check once every hour. That is about as much restraint as I can muster.

Reactions: 1 user
The January correspondence and a lot of their other ones have been sent in the morning. xD

But I guess it seems like it'll be in the afternoon. Here's to another day of work wasted refreshing SDN and my email... haha

It'll probably come out at 4:30 like last year. I really think we're in the final stretch.

If we have to wait until Monday I will die. That's just God awful.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted :D No email but on status page. Check your status!

It is times like this that I resent people who knew which school they were attending in October! :mad:

could this possibly mean that people who are on the reject list still has their application status stuck on "interview complete" mode?

Oh ok it seems like they're updating statuses in batches maybe?? This is so nerve wracking.

Accepted :soexcited:

I am actually really shocked---I was definitely not expecting an acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users
Another WL.
I remember Dr. Witzburg said on the interview day that they had been overfilling their classes so that they hadn't been able to accept anyone off the WL for the past 3(~ish) years...

Another WL.
I remember Dr. Witzburg said on the interview day that they had been overfilling their classes so that they hadn't been able to accept anyone off the WL for the past 3(~ish) years...

This is not true . I have a friend who got off of waitlist late July last year and is now MS1 at BU.