2013-2014 Yale University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh, you get put on hold once someone picks up?
yea you get put on hold to Mr. Silverman's line. there are quite a few people in front of me apparently

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
YOU DO GET PUT ON HOLD. haha and when the lady in the office picked up I thought it went to the automated message again, because she sounds exactly the same :p took a couple seconds to click in my head

Please please share some points from what you heard from RS. It has been a pretty damn long wait since March and it seems like that it's going to take a while before I get through:cool:...

Members don't see this ad :)
Please please share some points from what you heard from RS. It has been a pretty damn long wait since March and it seems like that it's going to take a while before I get through:cool:...
will do :) are there any questions you'd like me to ask if I get through today?

will do :) are there any questions you'd like me to ask if I get through today?
Anything about the chances of tier 2 waitlistees would be nice. I'm really hoping to get through myself because I want to ask about my specific chances/how to improve my chances next time around, but I'll take any info I can get!

Yesss I'm on hold now too! (never thought I'd say that)

all the information I got, some bad, some good:
bad - class is "filled", in that they do not expect to have any more people drop out of matriculating at Yale to go to another school
good - there is a significant number of people who defer their matriculation for a year, and those deferred spots go to us on the waitlist. They are also done with Group 1 so just reaching into Group 2 now.
meh - this all basically means we are stuck in limbo until at least mid-June as deadline for deferrals is the end of June

Reactions: 1 users
bad - class is "filled", in that they do not expect to have any more people drop out of matriculating at Yale to go to another school
good - there is a significant number of people who defer their matriculation for a year, and those deferred spots go to us on the waitlist. They are also done with Group 1 so just reaching into Group 2 now.
meh - this all basically means we are stuck in limbo until at least mid-June as deadline for deferrals is the end of June
Thanks so much and also dammit.

ah man...

It sounds like a bad year for us tier2ers...
Anyway, thanks for the info!

Bummer! I wonder how many people on average defer their acceptance? Out of a class of 100, I can't imagine that number exceeding more than 5-8 people but who knows!

Bummer! I wonder how many people on average defer their acceptance? Out of a class of 100, I can't imagine that number exceeding more than 5-8 people but who knows!
I just got off the phone with him, he indicated that they're very open to people deferring, so I'm hoping it's a lot. :p He also said he'd be able to give more definite answers in 7-10 days.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got off the phone with him, he indicated that they're very open to people deferring, so I'm hoping it's a lot. :p He also said he'd be able to give more definite answers in 7-10 days.
Gosh I really need to find a new hobby for the next 10 days..

best wake up call ever! Accepted off the waitlist after sending a strong/what I hope was humorous LoI (not sure if it helped) and a minor update. Best of luck to you all :)

Reactions: 1 users
best wake up call ever! Accepted off the waitlist after sending a strong/what I hope was humorous LoI (not sure if it helped) and a minor update. Best of luck to you all :)
if you don't mind me asking, what tier were you in?

If any accepted students are thinking about deferring, you 100% definitely should so I can get off the waitlist. :p

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have more info regarding the waitlist? Still waitting on that email we were promised...

Does anyone have more info regarding the waitlist? Still waitting on that email we were promised...
You should have received an email several weeks ago regarding what tier you were in. If you haven't, call admissions.

You should have received an email several weeks ago regarding what tier you were in. If you haven't, call admissions.
I actually got that message, I am in Group 2 as well. In that email, Mr. Silverman mentioned that we should expect to hear back again with more news by the end of June, I was just wondering if that was still the case. I guess I wil just to ask him on Wed. Good luck to those still waiting.

I actually got that message, I am in Group 2 as well. In that email, Mr. Silverman mentioned that we should expect to hear back again with more news by the end of June, I was just wondering if that was still the case. I guess I wil just to ask him on Wed. Good luck to those still waiting.
Oh sorry, forgot about that. I'd just call. I'm calling one last time Friday and crossing my fingers hard.

For all the waitlisters, bad news. I just came of a call with Dr. Silverman and basically he was not expecting any new opening this year. The situation will become definite on June 30 but basically everything's 90% set in stone. It has been fun!