2017-2018 Loyola University - Chicago (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reject pre II. Save me an email to withdraw. Keep the donation.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering whether any accepted students who received scholarships to other schools were successful in attempting to get Loyola to match the scholarship offers? Is it okay to email them and let them know that there has been a scholarship offer?

I was wondering whether any accepted students who received scholarships to other schools were successful in attempting to get Loyola to match the scholarship offers? Is it okay to email them and let them know that there has been a scholarship offer?

Absolutely contact them! Wendy at admissions specifically told us we should contact Mr. Nabers if you get merit scholarships from other schools!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received their LOCUS account info yet? I got emails regarding tasks I need to complete for Fin Aid, but I haven't been given my LOCUS username/password yet.

Also, does anyone happen to know if not being able to complete the "To-Do" List by March 1st will affect our chances of getting fin aid? (I filed my FAFSA way back already)

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received their LOCUS account info yet? I got emails regarding tasks I need to complete for Fin Aid, but I haven't been given my LOCUS username/password yet.

Also, does anyone happen to know if not being able to complete the "To-Do" List by March 1st will affect our chances of getting fin aid? (I filed my FAFSA way back already)
Are you talking about the blue folder thing and the supporting documents? Or is there something else (some other to-do list) that needs to be done and I'm missing it? I also haven't gotten my LOCUS info for what it's worth and I have submitted the blue folder.

Are you talking about the blue folder thing and the supporting documents? Or is there something else (some other to-do list) that needs to be done and I'm missing it? I also haven't gotten my LOCUS info for what it's worth and I have submitted the blue folder.
Yeah, the blue folder was info for filing the FAFSA! But I received a Fin Aid email about LOCUS, which is the Stritch portal. There's tasks on a LOCUS "To-Do" List that I need to complete, but I can't access the portal yet.

Yeah, the blue folder was info for filing the FAFSA! But I received a Fin Aid email about LOCUS, which is the Stritch portal. There's tasks on a LOCUS "To-Do" List that I need to complete, but I can't access the portal yet.
Yeah. I think you won't be able to access the to-do list until after you receive your fin aid package. Filling out FAFSA and the blue folder was everything that needed to be done by March 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got rekt. With 15k apps, is this school worth reapplying to?

That's a good question... I would if I were in your shoes just make sure to apply even earlier than you did this time lol. Loyola is officially a low-yield school now but I find it hard to believe they went up 3,000+ apps from last year when this cycle has an overall lower number of applicants. I think 15,000 puts it in the top 10 most applied to schools, odd. Anyway, I hope you don't have to reapply but best of luck if you have to. I've been there it sucks but keep your chin up.

So I mailed in the blue folder in on Feb 19 to be received by Mar 1. While I'm sure it most likely made it there, I tend to freak out without any confirmation. I've emailed and called Stritch to no avail. Have any of you asked for/received any confirmation that your blue fold was received?

Reactions: 1 users
So I mailed in the blue folder in on Feb 19 to be received by Mar 1. While I'm sure it most likely made it there, I tend to freak out without any confirmation. I've emailed and called Stritch to no avail. Have any of you asked for/received any confirmation that your blue fold was received?
I called the financial aid office to ensure it was received; they were very nice and had no problem checking. I would just give them a call!

I called the financial aid office to ensure it was received; they were very nice and had no problem checking. I would just give them a call!
I called twice with no answer, and even left a voicemail. Guess I'll try again today

I called twice with no answer, and even left a voicemail. Guess I'll try again today

Have you been calling during business hours? To the financial aid office specifically? If so, that's so strange that they haven't been picking up. They've been very responsive to my calls!

When I was calling to confirm if my blue folder had arrived, Lupe (the director?) was away at a conference and nobody could find my folder! I called back when she returned, and all was well. Maybe it was in a separate pile or something, lol. Yours is probably there, but I totally understand needing confirmation.

So what has anyone with an acceptance received so far? I've heard nothing since the call (2/26) and I haven't even gotten the hard mail copy yet, which I'm told probably has everything in it? I just feel like I need to be doing something! All I have done is in the portal, were we supposed to receive information on LOCUS yet? Thanks everyone!

How long has it taken post-interview to hear back generally? They told us 4-6 weeks but someone else said 6-8

How long has it taken post-interview to hear back generally? They told us 4-6 weeks but someone else said 6-8
6-8 weeks but they told me they were a few weeks behind and would be sending out decisions mid-march

So what has anyone with an acceptance received so far? I've heard nothing since the call (2/26) and I haven't even gotten the hard mail copy yet, which I'm told probably has everything in it? I just feel like I need to be doing something! All I have done is in the portal, were we supposed to receive information on LOCUS yet? Thanks everyone!
I was accepted 2/15 and I received a hard copy in the mail about a week later. I did confirm that the financial aid office received my blue folder and other documents, but I haven't received any information on LOCUS yet. I also filled out my RSVP form for Second Look. Other than that, I haven't really done anything either.

I was accepted 2/15 and I received a hard copy in the mail about a week later. I did confirm that the financial aid office received my blue folder and other documents, but I haven't received any information on LOCUS yet. I also filled out my RSVP form for Second Look. Other than that, I haven't really done anything either.

Hey! Was the Second Look RSVP form included with the hard copy letter packet? I was just recently accepted last Wednesday.

How long did it take for you to get the email after being accepted? I haven't gotten the email yet. Im not sure if I need to call and ask about it or just wait.
I got the email about a week after I was accepted, so you should be getting an email soon!

How long did it take for you to get the email after being accepted? I haven't gotten the email yet. Im not sure if I need to call and ask about it or just wait.

Idk, sorry! I was accepted back in October.

When did you get accepted? Were you placed on continued consideration?

I interviewed Dec. 14. Placed on continued consideration Jan. 25th. Accepted Feb. 28th. If you are still on continued consideration, do not lose hope. I honestly lost hope and then one day at work I randomly got a phone call from Mr. Nabers! Loyola is my #1 choice and I'm super excited to start school this Fall. I still can't believe I will be at Stritch for the next 4 years. It still hasn't hit me.

Reactions: 6 users
I interviewed Dec. 14. Placed on continued consideration Jan. 25th. Accepted Feb. 28th. If you are still on continued consideration, do not lose hope. I honestly lost hope and then one day at work I randomly got a phone call from Mr. Nabers! Loyola is my #1 choice and I'm super excited to start school this Fall. I still can't believe I will be at Stritch for the next 4 years. It still hasn't hit me.
Congratulations. Do you mind sharing your stats? Also, did you send in any updates since your interview and how many? Appreciate the help

Congratulations. Do you mind sharing your stats? Also, did you send in any updates since your interview and how many? Appreciate the help

Thank you so much!!! I don't think Loyola has an official waitlist until after April 30th. I sent in 1 update letter prior to being placed on continued consideration. My stats: 3.85 science GPA and 502 MCAT. I also did a masters program last year. This has been a long time coming for me. For those who may not be successful this cycle, find something to boost your application and reapply!!!

Congratulations!!!

Thank you so much!!! I don't think Loyola has an official waitlist until after April 30th. I sent in 1 update letter prior to being placed on continued consideration. My stats: 3.85 science GPA and 502 MCAT. I also did a masters program last year. This has been a long time coming for me. For those who may not be successful this cycle, find something to boost your application and reapply!!!
Thank you for the info. I have 506 MCAT and 3.82 sGPA so very similar stats. I've sent one update letter. Will keep hope alive.

Thank you for the info. I have 506 MCAT and 3.82 sGPA so very similar stats. I've sent one update letter. Will keep hope alive.

You're welcome!! There is still time!! If you are religious, keep praying! God will place you where you need to be!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when the status on our supplemental changes from "Thank you for interviewing.." to "Continued Consideration"/ "Waitlist" etc. ?
Mine hasn't changed yet and I interviewed over a month ago

Does anyone know when the status on our supplemental changes from "Thank you for interviewing.." to "Continued Consideration"/ "Waitlist" etc. ?
It changes after they make that decision. Unfortunately, this can sometimes take a few months depending on your reviewers. Hang tight!

I received an email alerting me to the status change from "thank you for interviewing" to "continued consideration." The email came about 6 weeks after I interviewed (and after I called more than once to ask about it). Others in this thread have indicated that they've waited twice that long before receiving a status update.

If you call the admissions office, they'll tell you more specifically when they expect your application to be reviewed (and therefore when you can expect a status change)! That was my experience, anyway.

It changes after they make that decision. Unfortunately, this can sometimes take a few months depending on your reviewers. Hang tight!
I received an email alerting me to the status change from "thank you for interviewing" to "continued consideration." The email came about 6 weeks after I interviewed (and after I called more than once to ask about it). Others in this thread have indicated that they've waited twice that long before receiving a status update.

If you call the admissions office, they'll tell you more specifically when they expect your application to be reviewed (and therefore when you can expect a status change)! That was my experience, anyway.

So is it safe to assume that they just haven't reviewed me after my interview then?
Thank you for your input!

Does everyone who interviews get put on continued consideration or get accepted? Do they never reject those who have interviewed until the end?
My group was told during the interview that rejections after an interview really only happen when the committee finds a discrepancy in the application or some other egregious issue. Other than those rare cases, Mr. Nabers said that almost everyone is put on continued consideration and some are accepted right away.

Thanks. So, then who makes it to the waitlist?

No idea! I would assume the top folks from continued consideration would be placed into a waitlist but I don't remember anyone specifically telling us how that is decided.

Any current students at Loyola willing to answer some questions about the school for me??