2019-2020 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pretty sure all med school second look weekends will be cancelled due to COVID19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, all 5 of the schools I was hoping to visit have already cancelled. Guess I'll just be rolling a die to see where I go.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Might be a silly question but if we are on the waitlist, did we still have to submit financial aid info by the March 1st deadline? Did they say something about that on interview day? I may have missed it :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Might be a silly question but if we are on the waitlist, did we still have to submit financial aid info by the March 1st deadline? Did they say something about that on interview day? I may have missed it :/
I do think that financial aid was due on March 1. I'm on the waitlist and submitted a couple months ago. We received two reminder emails in Janurary/February.

consider financial aid deadlines as a priority deadline. Even if you submit late, they will still give you an offer. You just may have to wait longer.

I do think that financial aid was due on March 1. I'm on the waitlist and submitted a couple months ago. We received two reminder emails in Janurary/February.

Yup, received those emails! When I called the financial aid office today though they were unsure about applicants on the waitlist and told me to send an email to check, so I just did.

Reactions: 1 user
I think that submitting financial aid applications while on the waitlist is actually a big plus--it shows you're still interested. I got off the waitlist here pretty soon after submitting for financial aid.

I think that submitting financial aid applications while on the waitlist is actually a big plus--it shows you're still interested. I got off the waitlist here pretty soon after submitting for financial aid.
While I'd like to believe that, I think admissions and financial aid are separate from each other (or Brown just doesn't love me as much as I love them). I submitted financial aid in Jan. after being waitlisted since Nov. I also sent in a letter of intent in Feb. and had one of my bosses submit another letter of rec. on my behalf a few weeks ago. Straight silence. :whistle:

It sounds more like a coincidence in your case. FA apps have nothing to do with getting on/off a waiting list.
In any case, Congrats!

From the E-mail yesterday:

Financial aid packages are scheduled to be released by Tuesday of next week. AMCAS encourages you to narrow your choices down to three schools by Wednesday, April 15th. This is generally a good idea, especially once you have all the financial aid information. If you are waiting on a financial aid package from a school, you'll be fine waiting for that

Anyone know the protocol for withdrawing from the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
My fin aid is in.

• Love
same! Will most likely accept it so I’m super pumped
lol yeah it's pretty good. I am waiting for one more school but nonetheless I am impressed!

How does one go about withdrawing an acceptance? Do I just have to email the school or is there a place on AAMC to do so? Thanks.

How does one go about withdrawing an acceptance? Do I just have to email the school or is there a place on AAMC to do so? Thanks.
Email them directly. AAMC portal is only for planning & committing to enroll, if I am not mistaken

I just withdrew from Brown and I'm hella sad about it. Hopefully my spot will work out for one of y'all though!

Reactions: 6 users
Have you all been in communication with the admissions office, whether through letters or intent, or otherwise?
I submitted a letter of intent to the portal back in February, but nothing since then

I submitted a letter of intent to the portal back in February, but nothing since then

Ah, okay. Based on last year's thread, it looks like people on the waitlist might start hearing back this week or the next, so hopefully that all works out in everyone's favor :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call, going to be turning it down. Best of luck.

Reactions: 8 users
Those who were accepted off the waitlist--when did you interview, and how many updates/LOI/LOR/etc did you send in? (also congrats!!!)

Those who were accepted off the waitlist--when did you interview, and how many updates/LOI/LOR/etc did you send in? (also congrats!!!)
Interviewed in early October, sent one letter of interest and an update in March when I was waitlisted.

Interviewed early in the cycle. I think the second week they did interviews. Didn't send anything except a general update i sent to all schools.

Accepted off the waitlist with a Dean's scholarship! Definitely plan on attending.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I interview in February and sent an update pre-interview and then a LOI about a week and a half before getting in

Just released off the waitlist - class has been filled

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
I was not released from the waitlist... guess they're going to keep me hanging on for a while longer lol

Reactions: 1 users
I'm also confused about how the class can be filled when it's only May 15? Do they have a crazy early CTE deadline? Or are PTE students required to withdraw from all other waitlists?

I'm also confused about how the class can be filled when it's only May 15? Do they have a crazy early CTE deadline? Or are PTE students required to withdraw from all other waitlists?

I am PTE here and am still on multiple waitlists... so not sure how they can say class is full right now.

Reactions: 3 users
Okay guys, I was super sad when y’all said it was full and was just waiting for that email. But instead I got a call & im in!!!!! Don’t lose hope.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
I'm guessing they have a full class for now and released part of the waitlist because they aren't expecting a crazy amount of movement from this point forward, but are keeping others on the waitlist in case any PTE-ed students decide not to attend.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off the waitlist today! So if you're still on the waitlist, there's some hope!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got off the waitlist this morning! Don't give up!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users