2020-2021 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Could anyone who has interviewed describe their interview day experience?

They said they're not sending my exact schedule until morning of interview and I was just wondering what I can expect throughout the day :)

Members don't see this ad.

Could anyone who has interviewed describe their interview day experience?

They said they're not sending my exact schedule until morning of interview and I was just wondering what I can expect throughout the day :)
starts at 10, talks and presentations in the morning, 2 one-one in the afternoon. there's also an optional part (4pm-5pm) after everything is done. Good luck on your interview!

Reactions: 2 users
starts at 10, talks and presentations in the morning, 2 one-one in the afternoon. there's also an optional part (4pm-5pm) after everything is done. Good luck on your interview!
thank you so much! seems like a long day but really excited :)

were your interviews pretty conversational or more intense? getting nervous!

Members don't see this ad :)
It's a little bit premature for me to actually submit one, but is Brown into letters of intent?
Hi,
I'm not a stalker or anything, but I believe you said you submitted a letter of intent at Mayo. I believe I saw your post* in that thread. I I don't think it's a great idea to submit a second one to whatever school-not that letters of intent mean anything for adcoms. Nothing personal, I'm just saying.

*edit: several posts**

Pre II R. Glad they didn't ghost me at this point

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
pre-II R; complete late july

Last edited:
  • Care
Members don't see this ad :)
I also had a pre-II R on Friday. Goodluck y'all

• Care
At the interview I think they mentioned a large wave of post-ii decisions on or around March 15th. Does anyone else remember this or did I misunderstand/imagine it?

At the interview I think they mentioned a large wave of post-ii decisions on or around March 15th. Does anyone else remember this or did I misunderstand/imagine it?
yes they did ! does anyone know what time decisions will be out

Ended up with waitlist today. Super bummed but fingers crossed something works out

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone hear back from the PCPM (ScM) admissions team?

got the a today!! Interviewed 2/26, went great and loved it.

Reactions: 1 users
hi all,
has there been any WL movement here lately? I have seen the admitted students' fb group has grown exponentially the last two weeks

hi all,
has there been any WL movement here lately? I have seen the admitted students' fb group has grown exponentially the last two weeks
usually a lot of current students also join the admitted student groups so it could also be them joining the group too

hi all,
Looking at last year's forum there looks like there is decent movement in May and June. Still some hope.

• Care
hi,sorry for bothering y'all again.
Has anybody who's sent an update to their email received an acknowledgement?

oh no this is first time of hearing of this incident. What similar event happened at Kaiser?
check the "Kaiser" or "Do you still want to attend Kaiser" threads...
tl;dr: Doctor Sues Med School for Discrimination

Does any current student want to address the Brown petition? There're some disturbing statements made in the petition...like the Dean's "discordance with the stated needs and concerns of AMS students", or the fact he would retaliate by writing to Program Directors of matched students about their conduct, or the following: " In the years since, Dr. Elias has shown disinterest in leading admin efforts to prioritize reparative initiatives to center anti-racism, justice, equity, diversity, or inclusion effort".

As a person of mixed race, I'm a bit concerned about how I might be treated by Brown.

Last edited:
check the "Kaiser" or "Do you still want to attend Kaiser" threads...
tl;dr: Doctor Sues Med School for Discrimination

Does any current student want to address the Brown petition? There're some disturbing statements made in the petition...like the Dean's "discordance with the stated needs and concerns of AMS students", or the fact he would retaliate by writing to Program Directors of matched students about their conduct, or the following: " In the years since, Dr. Elias has shown disinterest in leading admin efforts to prioritize reparative initiatives to center anti-racism, justice, equity, diversity, or inclusion effort".

As a person of mixed race, I'm a bit concerned about how I might be treated by Brown.
I'm not a med student but I'm very close with some med students and I can say that the majority of medical school administration is phenomenal and I have no doubt that you'll be treated well. Paul George was loved by the entire medical student body, which is why this is circulating so much as an issue.

As for Jack Elias—he is receiving a promotion and his interaction with students will diminish a ton

Last edited:
Did anyone get off waitlist? Seeing a 20+ increase in the fb group

Did anyone get off waitlist? Seeing a 20+ increase in the fb group
Don't think there's been any movement yet. New members look like current students and PLMEs.

Reactions: 3 users
lol, I've been neurotically checking the FB member count as well. Not sure if it's a productive use of time
haha I also have been checking it occasionally. I think its not very productive though since a ton of current students usually join those groups to post about housing opportunities (at least that is what happens in other accepted groups I am in).

Manifesting good news for us this week on waitlist!! Dying to go here

does for anybody else in the waitlist when they check the portal say in the address bar on your browser : http://............/Final/Waitlist ?
what I'm asking is guess is you have that FINAL in the web address.

does for anybody else in the waitlist when they check the portal say in the address bar on your browser : http://............/Final/Waitlist ?
what I'm asking is guess is you have that FINAL in the web address.
yes mine says the same thing

Been waiting for months; it’s my dream school. Thank you

Just to follow up, I went one by one on the new people and they are indeed all PLME students. I’m guessing the link to the FB just got sent out to them this week. There was also a -9 in the GroupMe in the last few weeks. Brown waitlist movement comes later than most but it’s usually a good amount. Hope you get in!

• Care
  • Love
Just to follow up, I went one by one on the new people and they are indeed all PLME students. I’m guessing the link to the FB just got sent out to them this week. There was also a -9 in the GroupMe in the last few weeks. Brown waitlist movement comes later than most but it’s usually a good amount. Hope you get in!
can you send me the link to the groupme

• Care
Thank you for this! Congratulations on your successful cycle!

• Care
Accepted off the waitlist today! Interviewed in Feb and sent LOI in March. Good luck to everyone still in the running :)