2019-2020 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you on the WL, does your letter say this?
"your application was evaluated as highly competitive"
"we will give first consideration in the event openings occur in the coming months"

wondering if this is their standard letter? haven't seen any post-interview R's here...
Standard. But they have a lot of WL movement. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In general. I also assume a lot of people will withdraw though.
I’m in the position now where I hope people currently accepted here get into Harvard and the likes so they can withdraw, and I can get off the waitlist.

Reactions: 5 users
I’m in the position now where I hope people currently accepted here get into Harvard and the likes so they can withdraw, and I can get off the waitlist.
I would but Harvard would need to offer me an interview first.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Has anyone else not heard anything since going complete? It's been nearly five months of silence on my end...

Has anyone else not heard anything since going complete? It's been nearly five months of silence on my end...
Yes. Sent 2 updates. They’re my #1 choice by a lot :/

Sorry if this has been asked before— Does this school do silent rejections?

Edit: Never mind, they don’t, they send pre II rejection emails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

also rejected pre-ii this morning. i guess at this point i was expecting it, but i’m pretty devastated. I got two degrees there with a very good gpa, spent hundreds of hours volunteering for them and working at the associated hospitals, very involved in the community, and my serious significant other is a second year there. just don’t know what more they want honestly :(

• Sad
Reactions: 10 users
also rejected pre-ii this morning. i guess at this point i was expecting it, but i’m pretty devastated. I got two degrees there with a very good gpa, spent hundreds of hours volunteering for them and working at the associated hospitals, very involved in the community, and my serious significant other is a second year there. just don’t know what more they want honestly :(

+1 Also got a degree there, spent lots of time volunteering in the hospitals and community, plus I’m IS. Who knows what they want from us

• Sad
+1 Also got a degree there, spent lots of time volunteering in the hospitals and community, plus I’m IS. Who knows what they want from us
it may be that because a large portion of the class is from the PLME so they don’t want more people who went there for undergrad. Who knows :/ sorry to hear you’re in a similar situation!

Reactions: 1 user
rerererererejected. Good luck everyone!

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Damn you brown you messed up my two weeks of balance. I had the same amount of Pre-II rejections as I had IIs.
Thanos would be disappointed.

Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R yesterday morning - complete early September

• Sad
Anyone know how to find our banner ID number for financial aid the application?

Anyone know how to find our banner ID number for financial aid the application?
Log in to SSB (homepage), click the Fin Aid tab, click medical student, click requirements, then look at the right side of the screen where your name is, it's the B-number.

Anyone who interviewed recently remember them giving a day the decision would be on? Seems like most have been Mondays, is it always on Mondays?

Anyone who interviewed recently remember them giving a day the decision would be on? Seems like most have been Mondays, is it always on Mondays?
I think to some extent it depends on when you interviewed. I interviewed early February and they said it would be next Monday. They’re very nice so if you don’t remember what they said on your day I’m sure you could call or email to ask. Good luck!

I think to some extent it depends on when you interviewed. I interviewed early February and they said it would be next Monday. They’re very nice so if you don’t remember what they said on your day I’m sure you could call or email to ask. Good luck!

Thanks I think it's the same day. I thought I remembered them saying Thursday (as in today) but I guess I imagined it.

Anyone know what WL movement is like here? Am I outta luck?
The waitlist actually starts to move sometime in mid-March and then until May. After most students currently holding acceptances get into schools like Harvard, Columbia, etc. they give up their spot here and the adcom looks to the waitlist. There were several reported acceptances last year in March from the WL, and I have a friend who personally was one of those people after being waitlisted in November last cycle. I'm crossing my fingers that it's me this year.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
The waitlist actually starts to move sometime in mid-March and then until May. After most students currently holding acceptances get into schools like Harvard, Columbia, etc. they give up their spot here and the adcom looks to the waitlist. There were several reported acceptances last year in March from the WL, and I have a friend who personally was one of those people after being waitlisted in November last cycle. I'm crossing my fingers that it's me this year.
givin me HOPE!

I got an email for the acceptance. tbh I haven't answered a call on my phone from an unknown number in years and I wasnt about to let this med school cycle break my streak
tenor.gif

• Haha
Accepted! Native Rhode Islander
Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just a thought to people who are currently holding acceptances here who have no intention of attending: please, please, for the love of all things holy and medical, rescind your acceptances so the waitlist can keep moving. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. Mic drop.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Just a thought to people who are currently holding acceptances here who have no intention of attending: please, please, for the love of all things holy and medical, rescind your acceptances so the waitlist can keep moving. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. Mic drop.
I tried and they wouldn’t let me lol

• Hmm
what do you mean?
Tried to withdraw but they encouraged me to stay on until at least second look /financial offers. In general I assume that there will be a lot of movement after that

• Sad
No sorry not from the waitlist. Hopefully that starts moving soon!
Yesterday there was waitlist movement, and today this is a regular decision, interesting... What is Brown up to?

Yesterday there was waitlist movement, and today this is a regular decision, interesting... What is Brown up to?
I was accepted on 2/28 for regular decision. Sorry for the confusion I am late to the SDN community. Happy to help anyone in any way

I was actually accepted off the waitlist on monday, but I was on a walk-about when I got the email and therefore forgot to post.

I was accepted on 2/28 for regular decision. Sorry for the confusion I am late to the SDN community. Happy to help anyone in any way
I was actually accepted off the waitlist on monday, but I was on a walk-about when I got the email and therefore forgot to post.
First of all, congratulations to you both! Secondly, based on the last few posts then, it looks like we may not see waitlist movement until after second look weekend.

I spoke with the office yesterday and they said we can expect to receive our packages from early to mid-April.

Bummed I won’t be able to meet some of you at second look but low key excited I don’t have to spend money on travel/lodging etc.