2020-2021 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is everyone anxious that they rejected so many amazing people yesterday, but today they are completely silent? I am still waiting for my R

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone-- I just made an account today but wanted to contribute!!

At my interview at Brown on Friday 11/13/20, they gave us an exact date that we are supposed to hear back that we are accepted, waitlisted, or rejected (mine is December 21st).

They are the only school so far that has done that in my experience! So cool.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone-- I just made an account today but wanted to contribute!!

At my interview at Brown on Friday 11/13/20, they gave us an exact date that we are supposed to hear back that we are accepted, waitlisted, or rejected (mine is December 21st).

They are the only school so far that has done that in my experience! So cool.
Was at your interview day- eagerly awaiting news on Monday! Best of luck to you (& everyone else waiting)!!

• Love
Was at your interview day- eagerly awaiting news on Monday! Best of luck to you (& everyone else waiting)!!
Omg best of luck to you, too!! I hope they follow through with their promised date so we can both get A's from Brown as early Christmas gifts, hehe. 🥳😊😋🤩🙌🙏

• Love
First A !! Ok going to bed until August.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Got the A!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WL :/ congrats tho to all the A's!

• Care
Does anyone think that sending an update letter/letter of interest has any weight for Brown at this point? I haven't received a pre-II R yet, but this was my reach school and I didn't think I even had the stats to compete, but I have great ECs. I really want to emphasize my interest in this program.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have information about post-ii interview acceptance rates? Thanks!

Does anyone have information about post-ii interview acceptance rates? Thanks!

Idk anything except they’re way lower than the II tracker states (supposedly they’re around 30-50% post-II acceptance)

Reactions: 1 users
Idk anything except they’re way lower than the II tracker states (supposedly they’re around 30-50% post-II acceptance)
This is accurate. During interview they said about 30% post-II then up to about 50% with people coming off the WL

Reactions: 2 users
II this morning!! I was wondering why Brown is ranked so low compared to other Ivy's

Reactions: 4 users
II this morning!! I was wondering why Brown is ranked so low compared to other Ivy's
tbh I was troubled as well with its ranking. program directors rank it at number 31 compared to USNWR'S number 38. It's ranked after Colorado, Wisconsin,UT Southwestern (!)(!) (!),Iowa(!) ,UVA,NY LI.
Honestly v curious as to why it's ranked so low. (when I say low, I mean compared to the other ivies)
See ranking below:

( taken from Program Director's ranking thread)

Last edited:
Ranking is based on research money. Brown isn't exactly a research powerhouse when compared to the other Ivies, but either way the school itself is excellent.

Reactions: 5 users
Ranking is based on research money. Brown isn't exactly a research powerhouse when compared to the other Ivies, but either way the school itself is excellent.
USNWR'S ranking is based on research. imo USNWR'S ranking is pretty useless and dubious. but director rankings don't really care about research, and place it at #31

USNWR'S ranking is based on research. imo USNWR'S ranking is pretty useless and dubious. but director rankings don't really care about research, and place it at #31
My theory is that it's because its relatively new (1975) when most* schools in top 30 have been around for about 100 years but who really knows

Last edited:

Because you are conflating undergrad reputation with medical school reputation, which is a factor of research and clinical opportunities. Unfortunately it is not a research powerhouse, and its clinical opportunities suffers from a lower ranked hospital system compared to the other top schools. I'm sure being in a small city does not help either. Lastly, it is as someone mentioned, its relatively young and also not flushed with cash like the other top schools. Great program like all other top 40 schools, but rankings do not care about undergrad reputation.

should i begin to lose hope on alpert for an II? complete 7/17 OOS LM: 73

My theory is that it's because its relatively new (1975) when every other school in top 30 has been around for about 100 years but who really knows
Not true, UCLA was founded in 1951, Icahn 1963, ucsd 1968,

ChicagoBob is absolutely right. Brown does not even have its own hospital...and the hospitals seem a bit old and provincial-if that's ok to be said. The facilities are not even close to how good UCLA's,UCSD's and Mt.Sinai's are. Take for example Mt. Sinai. It has at least 4 full Mt.Sinai owned hospitals and countless locations in the city in which students rotate. Sadly, Brown has 0.

Who cares? They match at incredible programs.
edit: also the PD score is 50% a research rating and 50% a primary care rating so this isn’t even an accurate statement.

Last edited:
This is accurate. During interview they said about 30% post-II then up to about 50% with people coming off the WL
That's so strange. Did they say they're interviewing more people this year? If they're only interviewing 366 like last year, it must be higher, no?

That's so strange. Did they say they're interviewing more people this year? If they're only interviewing 366 like last year, it must be higher, no?

Like 40% of their class is already filled with Brown BA/MD people, so they can accept 50% of their interviewees and fill the rest of the spots.

Also Received an II this morning! Complete 8/12. Dates available in late January/early February. Hoping that I'm not interviewing for a spot on the WL lol.
And here I was thinking the admissions office was closed for the holidays. Time to panic, check email, question everything, repeat...

• Haha
Hello hello - are there any brown medical students I can reach out to ask some questions? thank you!