2019-2020 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any current undergrads or alums get an II/A?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve heard of some my year, but I haven’t so far :/ i think the PLME program can make it tough sometimes because they already have a lot of people coming from Brown undergrad but I’m holding on to hope

Last edited:
II late today! Complete in mid August, sent an update in mid December. Stats: 3.89/518. Good luck to all!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WOW. Revisit weekend is the same weekend as Coachella :(

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Does brown give merit scholarships?
Nope. They are ivy league...it's against ivy rules to offer merit aid at any level. They meet 100% demonstrated need though, just like their undergrad policy.

ETA: MD/PhD students get "merit aid" 3rd and 4th year which is basically just tuition free years while they do their PhD work, I think:
"Institutional Merit-Based Scholarships
Tuition scholarships are awarded to third and fourth year MD/PhD students that are not based on need. In addition, the Office of Admission offers merit scholarships based on criteria other than need. All other financial aid at Alpert Medical School is awarded on the basis of financial need."

Last edited:
Nope. They are ivy league...it's against ivy rules to offer merit aid at any level. They meet 100% demonstrated need though, just like their undergrad policy.

ETA: MD/PhD students get "merit aid" 3rd and 4th year which is basically just tuition free years while they do their PhD work, I think:
"Institutional Merit-Based Scholarships
Tuition scholarships are awarded to third and fourth year MD/PhD students that are not based on need. In addition, the Office of Admission offers merit scholarships based on criteria other than need. All other financial aid at Alpert Medical School is awarded on the basis of financial need."
But penn perelman gives full tuition merit scholarships...?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know about waitlist movement here/if there is any movement before April 30? Seems like there was not a lot of rejection post-interview which is concerning me...

Pre-II R here too. Complete early August..
Was hoping to land this interview so I could possibly stay in New England :(

• Sad
pre- II R as well complete 7/25 ish... sad tbh

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
II yesterday! It's for next week (from a cancellation because I am local).
Unfortunately, they said all interview slots are filled, but hopefully some of yall waiting can get lucky with a future cancellation too :)

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Does anyone know what time the interview day starts and ends?

To anyone who has been accepted, do they email on the Monday they say they'll have decisions made? And at what time did they send the email?

To anyone who has been accepted, do they email on the Monday they say they'll have decisions made? And at what time did they send the email?
Yes they emailed. Mid-day sometime.

A!! Congratulations to everyone who got in, and for those waitlisted, I know there will be a LOT of movement so keep pushing!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know how accepting they are to requests to match scholarship offers from other schools? Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere!

Does anyone know how accepting they are to requests to match scholarship offers from other schools? Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere!
One med student said that they're pretty good about this, especially if the other schools are similarly ranked to Brown.

That was what I heard from what one student, however. Others' experience may vary, but it wouldn't hurt to ask the financial aid office

One med student said that they're pretty good about this, especially if the other schools are similarly ranked to Brown.

That was what I heard from what one student, however. Others' experience may vary, but it wouldn't hurt to ask the financial aid office
That is great to hear! I hope you're right

Would love to hear if anyone else has heard anything about this!

Last edited:
I wish Brown would just send me the R at this point if I'm not going to get an II (especially now that its just for cancellations), I hate the waiting.

Reactions: 9 users
Pre II R, knew it was a reach

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

• Sad
Pre II R--especially disappointed about this one because my partner is a first year and we're really trying to be together after doing long-distance in undergrad :(
I’m sorry to hear that- I’m in a similar situation and waiting very anxiously to hear from them. Hope your cycle goes well for you and you get in somewhere close!

Reactions: 2 users
Pre II R--especially disappointed about this one because my partner is a first year and we're really trying to be together after doing long-distance in undergrad :(
Hoping you end up somewhere close to them!!

Reactions: 5 users
escaped the R's today.. but my understanding is that brown is no longer sending IIs, I'm wondering why they don't just send out all the Rs already and put us out of our misery

Reactions: 4 users
escaped the R's today.. but my understanding is that brown is no longer sending IIs, I'm wondering why they don't just send out all the Rs already and put us out of our misery
I’m in the same boat!

I’m in the same boat!
+2. Either they lost my app, want to torture me, or are willing to extend an II if someone cancels. Probably the first scenario lol

• Haha
+2. Either they lost my app, want to torture me, or are willing to extend an II if someone cancels. Probably the first scenario lol
same lol, also most of my friends who applied as well

Reactions: 1 users
For people that have interviewed, what time did your day finish?

I was done around 3:15 but I had a later interview at Rhode Island hospital. Some people were done before 3!

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you on the WL, does your letter say this?
"your application was evaluated as highly competitive"
"we will give first consideration in the event openings occur in the coming months"

wondering if this is their standard letter? haven't seen any post-interview R's here...