2020-2021 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can for sure say that they offer need-based aid (most generous I've heard is a friend getting 50k per year need-based but they might offer more).
Do you know if there are any chances of getting merit-based aid? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone who interviewed here know how long brown is interviewing for this cycle?

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think it’s okay to send Letter of Intent directly to the Dean and a separate one to Dean of admissions?

Do you guys think it’s okay to send Letter of Intent directly to the Dean and a separate one to Dean of admissions?
imho it's too early for LoIs, especially since they're still interviewing. In Interview day they said they will start considering the waitlist in late Feb.there is a risk that it may not to be read at all if it is too early.

imho it's too early for LoIs, especially since they're still interviewing. In Interview day they said they will start considering the waitlist in late Feb.there is a risk that it may not to be read at all if it is too early.
I was planning on sending it in February! I just wanted to know if I can send one to the Dean and one to the Dean of admissions.

Reactions: 1 user
I was planning on sending it in February! I just wanted to know if I can send one to the Dean and one to the Dean of admissions.
I would go with Dean of Admissions. I don't get what you mean with "Dean" only. If you're referring to the Dean of the school, I think you should not.

I would go with Dean of Admissions. I don't get what you mean with "Dean" only. If you're referring to the Dean of the school, I think you should not.
Ahhh yes, I was referring to the Dean of the school.

Ahhh yes, I was referring to the Dean of the school.
imho that's not the greatest idea. they're busy, you never know if they're involved in admissions or if they care, and you really want your letter to be read.

imho that's not the greatest idea. they're busy, you never know if they're involved in admissions or if they care, and you really want your letter to be read.
Great point! Thank you very much for your input :)

II this afternoon! Was not expecting anything this late for a July complete so there is hope my friends! Scheduled for late Jan but there were also Feb dates open.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
II this afternoon! Was not expecting anything this late for a July complete so there is hope my friends! Scheduled for late Jan but there were also Feb dates open.
so you quit magic?

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Arthur wants to spend sometime in the muggle world studying the purpose of the rubber ducky, so figured I could try something new
Haha maybe get to know hermione’s parents, they are in healthcare field too. Anyway, congrats!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when they stop sending out interviews?

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know when they stop sending out interviews?
No, but their website says "For the 2021 application cycle all interviews will be conducted virtually. Interview days are held every Thursday and most Fridays, from mid-September through February" so there might be a few more weeks of hope left

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R this morning, good luck everyone!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Just found my R in my Gmail Promotions 😂 Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Cue the gut-wrenching anxiety waiting for an email for however long this lasts... 🥲

Reactions: 3 users
Are they sending Rs alphabetically?

So, no rejection at this point... what do we think the remaining II chances are

Pre-II R this morning as well. Good luck everyone :)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
So, no rejection at this point... what do we think the remaining II chances are

Hoping for II but at this point it feels like they haven't gotten to my file to reject me rather than they are actively reading my file lol

Time to say goodbye to my alma mater. Pre-II R this morning. They already have too many PLMEs haha. Good luck everyone!

• Care
rock.jpg

Live look at me surviving the latest R wave. I don't know how many more I can take.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Does anybody know what their policies are surrounding pre-II updates? I can't seem to find anything on the website

Does anybody know what their policies are surrounding pre-II updates? I can't seem to find anything on the website
I submitted an update through the portal in the document upload tab. You'll see it says "We recognize that over the course of the season you may wish to add supplemental materials. For your convenience, use this page to add up to two application updates." I submitted a pre-II update and I got an email confirmation that it was available with my submitted application. Hopefully it leads to an II! Good luck.

is there on campus housing? do most students live on campus or off campus?

Has anyone who also applied to the Primary Care Population Medicine Program (PC-PM) heard anything at all (including just MD II)?

Has anyone who also applied to the Primary Care Population Medicine Program (PC-PM) heard anything at all (including just MD II)?
I applied to MD+PCPM and I interviewed here a few weeks ago.

Let's hope they have a few more left to give.

Reactions: 10 users
Have any II’s gone out recently?
I got my II on the 19th! Feb 4th, 5th, and 25th had open interview slots when I picked mine, so don't give up hope just yet!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I got my II on the 19th! Feb 4th, 5th, and 25th had open interview slots when I picked mine, so don't give up hope just yet!
Hope? I don't know her.

Lol, just kidding. Thanks, and congrats on the interview!

Reactions: 4 users