2019-2020 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IT'S OUT! ACCEPTED!! WOW!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WL. They talked about how it goes from 33% to 50-60 once accounting for waitlist; anyone do the math on WL/Admit percentage? Also, do they reject post II? If they didnt, I'd assume the WL acceptance % to be 40-50 percent (and only going up if rejections do occur after interview; does that math check out?)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Also joining the WL squad :/ if you haven't gotten an email check your "Promotions" tab in gmail because that's where mine popped up

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Accepted! So happy. :) This might be a silly question, but how do you accept the offer? Do you have to email them? I'm a little confused when I log into the portal.
Go to the offer tab, then go to Technical Standards on the left-hand side. Scroll down, press "I agree" and you can accept the offer

Members don't see this ad :)
WL. Too much to ask for an A anyone?

+1

my second WL, no A squad here too, I was very bummed. Not the best feeling for sure but let us stay positive and continue to seek that bread baby!

Reactions: 7 users
+1

my second WL, no A squad here too, I was very bummed. Not the best feeling for sure but let us stay positive and continue to seek that bread baby!
Yeet that yeast, obtain that grain! Let’s hope things get better soon!

Reactions: 5 users
Recent II. Complete ~ labor day, OOS + not Brown affiliated. Available dates in Dec and mid Jan. Surprised to get an interview here and very excited to attend. It sounds like everyone thinks that the interview experience is positive, low stress?

Reactions: 10 users
Would sending an update letter at this point be worthwhile if I haven't heard anything? Not expecting much since I'm a low MCAT applicant (for Brown at least haha), but was considering giving it a go.

Would sending an update letter at this point be worthwhile if I haven't heard anything? Not expecting much since I'm a low MCAT applicant (for Brown at least haha), but was considering giving it a go.
I think so! I’m going to send an update letter either today or tomorrow.

Does anyone know if Brown negotiates aid packages? I think that based on my parents' incomes, I won't get any FA but they also won't be helping me, so I'll be taking out loans for the full COA. For a variety of reasons, I definitely plan on attending Brown, but I recently received an interview invite to another lower-ranked school that sounds like it gives out great aid/a lot of scholarships, and I'm wondering whether it's worth it to attend the interview in case I end up getting in and getting some money. I'm assuming that since Brown doesn't have merit aid during pre-clerkship years though, they don't do this?
I would attend that interview.

And Brown doesn’t give merit aid? Didn’t know that.

Does anyone know if Brown negotiates aid packages? I think that based on my parents' incomes, I won't get any FA but they also won't be helping me, so I'll be taking out loans for the full COA. For a variety of reasons, I definitely plan on attending Brown, but I recently received an interview invite to another lower-ranked school that sounds like it gives out great aid/a lot of scholarships, and I'm wondering whether it's worth it to attend the interview in case I end up getting in and getting some money. I'm assuming that since Brown doesn't have merit aid during pre-clerkship years though, they don't do this?
Even if your parents make a lot, there's a section on the financial aid application (will be sent out in December) that allows you to say whether or not your parents will be contributing to your tuition.

Source: Apply for Aid - Medical School | The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University

And click on AMS institutional aid

Even if your parents make a lot, there's a section on the financial aid application (will be sent out in December) that allows you to say whether or not your parents will be contributing to your tuition.

Source: Apply for Aid - Medical School | The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University

And click on AMS institutional aid

I didn't realize that, thanks! I wonder how that factors into things...on interview day, I got the impression that parental income was the major determinant of aid awards regardless of whether they'd be helping.

Also got the pre-II R

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Pre-II R here as well!

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
II earlier today! Complete 7/31, LizzyM 80. Interviews are scheduling in early January at this point.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Is Brown receptive to ITA emails? If so, do we just upload as a pdf to the portal?

II about an hour ago, basically crying right now. Complete 8/6.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Wow, congrats! We have similar stats so you give me hope, though I wasn't complete until 9/9 /:

Honestly, I’ve been sitting in silence since my last interview a month ago and thought I was done. Waiting sucks, but it’s not over until March!!!

For those waiting for a decision - they told us at my interview that they are releasing decisions on 12/23!

Got served up a hot plate of pre-II R just now! Complete July 5.

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
r

Last edited:
Ok. Did everyone get this financial aid email? I interviewed but have not been A/R/WL yet. Stop playin wit me AMS.

Reactions: 3 users