2019-2020 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will be interviewing here in a few days. Any advice for the interview? Those who interviews here, did they ask you about your GPA/MCAT score?

They will also ask an ethical question (or at least they did when I interviewed), so think about these types of situations & be able to discuss it intelligently. And you'll get the standard "why this school?" type of questions. They didn't bring up my stats which surprised me because mine were average at best. Just know your application front & back and be able to discuss anything in it with them. If you have any shortcomings in your application, be able to discuss how you grew from it/improved upon it/etc. You'll have lunch with current students so come prepared with questions that you have from the student's perspective.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone receive that magical call yet? I know there was a committee meeting today.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted !!! I called Dr. Weir's office and he is super nice to share the news.

Many thanks, WCUCOM !

Interviewed: Dec 9th

Hardest decision ever, but I declined my seat today because I received acceptance into an institution that ever so slighty is a better fit for me on the academic side (accepted yesterday). Culture wise, WCUCOM has my heart! I would recommend anyone to apply and interview here - the staff is just AMAZING! This school will always have a special place in my heart. First interview as well! Y'all will be blessed to attend here!

Primary Completed: 7/30
Secondary Offered: 8/12
Secondary Completed: 10/6 (late due to personal emergency)
Secondary Under Review: 10/7
Interview Invite: 10/18
Interview Date: 11/1
Acceptance: 11/6
Deposit Due: 12/14
Declined: 12/13

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
OMG! Does it mean that anyone who goes for an interview from now on will be either rejected or waitlisted? I'm interviewing there in December :(
I have this same question too :(

So I had my interview a few days ago. During the interview, the dean mentioned that the class is already full. However, December 14th was the deposit due date and there would be students who would probably decline their acceptance. So I think that would open some spots.

Reactions: 1 users

I highly doubt this, being that me and another person just declined our spot for acceptance and I'm sure there were more.

S/O if you interviewed on 11/1! There were some awesome ladies in that group.

Just got the call! Accepted off the deferred list!

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED via Email ... What a day :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Accepted from deferred list as well :) First acceptance!

I just submitted my AACOMAS app today and applied to William Carey. How long did you have to wait between them receiving your primary and you receiving a secondary?

I just submitted my AACOMAS app today and applied to William Carey. How long did you have to wait between them receiving your primary and you receiving a secondary?
They screen so it is hard to say exactly. I would scroll through the thread to get an idea, but it varied from person to person.

Interviewing at William Carey Monday. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Interviewing at William Carey Monday. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!
Interview is pretty low stress. IDK what a high stress interview would be tho. I was nervous regardless. Overall, I would say know the basic Qs, why medicine, DO, WCUCOM. They didn't really ask any question that would throw you off. Just know your application. A senior was going around when I was waiting to be interview, and he said that most likely if you are interviewing is bec they want you. They are essentially making sure you are not psychopath. DM if you need more help bud, and good luck!

Interview is pretty low stress. IDK what a high stress interview would be tho. I was nervous regardless. Overall, I would say know the basic Qs, why medicine, DO, WCUCOM. They didn't really ask any question that would throw you off. Just know your application. A senior was going around when I was waiting to be interview, and he said that most likely if you are interviewing is bec they want you. They are essentially making sure you are not psychopath. DM if you need more help bud, and good luck!
I confirm this. Had a great experience and received the decision pretty quickly. If you have been invited, it means they would like you to become one of their students. Remember that they don't send secondaries to all applicants. ~20-25% of applicants receive the secondary app. Just be yourself, be familiar with your app and you should be fine. If you arrive a day in advance, you can visit the campus and meet some current students. That would be a good opportunity to become more familiar with the school and its environment.
I used SDN interview question bank for WCUCOM to prepare myself for the questions. Here is the link, WCUCOM is the last one:

I wish you all the best :)

I have an interview here feb. 3! Looking forward to meeting the students and seeing the campus.

I got an II for Feb 8th...however, I will be declining the offer. I hope it goes to someone else that really has not gotten any luck this cycle.

I got accepted to WCUCOM and paid the 1K deposit. I also sent them the registration form. Would I still be able to decline my seat even though I signed the registration form (in case I choose another school)? I know that the 1K is nonrefundable.

yeah, thats just a reservation for the seat, not a final decision.

Hi I’m going to be interviewing here on Feb 28 and was hoping for some advice from current students and others who have interviews here. Just wanted to know the best way to prepare for the interview and maybe get some insights.
Thanks!

Hi I’m going to be interviewing here on Feb 28 and was hoping for some advice from current students and others who have interviews here. Just wanted to know the best way to prepare for the interview and maybe get some insights.
Thanks!
Just received the same email!! So excited!

Thanks!
Honestly, it is the chillest interview you can possibly you have. They ask basic questions such as "Why do you want to become a doctor" or "Why did you apply to WCUCOM." They ask one ethical question and that's pretty much it. Also know your personal statement and extracurricular activities perfectly! They have a copy of it during the interview and will verify some of the things you have accomplished.

Don't stress about it too much! I said something really stupid during the interview and still got accepted a few days later, so you should honestly be fine!

Thanks!
Congratulations for receiving an interview invite. Read my comment posted on January 7th.

Does anyone know the status regarding how full the class is at this time? I have an interview on Feb. 28th and would like to know if I am interviewing for a seat or waitlist. Thank you!

Last edited:
Honestly, it is the chillest interview you can possibly you have. They ask basic questions such as "Why do you want to become a doctor" or "Why did you apply to WCUCOM." They ask one ethical question and that's pretty much it. Also know your personal statement and extracurricular activities perfectly! They have a copy of it during the interview and will verify some of the things you have accomplished.

Don't stress about it too much! I said something really stupid during the interview and still got accepted a few days later, so you should honestly be fine!
[/

Ahhh ok, that’s awesome to hear! The only thing I think I’m worried about is the ethical question, would love some examples or any sources you guys would recommend in preparing for those type of questions.

For those of you who already interviewed, by what time were you done with your interviews? I know the email says to plan to stay till 4pm, but I was wondering if any of you had to stay later than that.

For those of you who already interviewed, by what time were you done with your interviews? I know the email says to plan to stay till 4pm, but I was wondering if any of you had to stay later than that.
The interview started around 1:00pm, after lunch. If you plan to leave the town on the same day, you can inform them in the morning. Three people in my group had flights to catch so they were the ones who went for the interview first. Then they interviewed the rest of us. I think the last interview was at 4:00pm, finished around 4:30pm.

The interview started around 1:00pm, after lunch. If you plan to leave the town on the same day, you can inform them in the morning. Three people in my group had flights to catch so they were the ones who went for the interview first. Then they interviewed the rest of us. I think the last interview was at 4:00pm, finished around 4:30pm.
Thanks for the info. That's good to hear as I am planning to fly back the same day.

Hi guys. I was recently accepted to WCUCOM. Interviewed 1/13 and accepted 1/16. Does anyone know where I can find a match list? Thanks :)

I have an interview coming up WCUCOM. Does anyone know what the estimated 2020-2021 student tuition will be? On their website I saw it was $42,000 during 2018-2019, but did not see any current tuition info. Also, are any of the rotation sites 3/4 yr in Texas? Thank you!

I have an interview coming up WCUCOM. Does anyone know what the estimated 2020-2021 student tuition will be? On their website I saw it was $42,000 during 2018-2019, but did not see any current tuition info. Also, are any of the rotation sites 3/4 yr in Texas? Thank you!
I'm a current OMS-1. Earlier in the year the Dean sent an email stating the tuition would be increased to about $44,000. That also means we'll probably get an increase in the cost of attendance. We're still waiting on more info to be announced by the administration.

I was interviewed on 2/3/19 and accepted on 2/6/19. Had to give the seat up though. Hope it goes to someone here!

Interviewed this past week and was told the committee would be meeting today to discuss. Has anybody heard back?

Interviewed this past week and was told the committee would be meeting today to discuss. Has anybody heard back?
The day the committee was supposed to meet, I received the acceptance email at 1:15 PST. I was looking at my phone since morning that day thinking someone would call me but nope, they emailed :D

I have an interview for March 23rd and I was just wondering if it’ll just be for the waitlist at this point since it’s pretty late in the cycle? Also, is it likely to get off the waitlist? I know it varies year to year but I have to travel a good bit to get there and just wanted get an idea of what I’ll be getting myself into because I’m also waitlisted at Campbell and LECOM right now. Thanks in advance :)