2019-2020 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As previously mentioned, you guys can call Donna Day to find out your number on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Is the office open?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Good question. Why don’t you call and find out? I haven’t been on campus in 2 years.

Yeah I called and couldn’t get a hold of them so was just wondering if I called at the wrong time or if they just weren’t there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I called and couldn’t get a hold of them so was just wondering if I called at the wrong time or if they just weren’t there!

Everyone has been working from home since spring break ended. Try emailing.

Reactions: 1 users
I virtually interviewed on 4/23 and haven’t heard anything back. I’ve read on this thread that some people contact Dr. Weir to find out if they were accepted?

I virtually interviewed on 4/23 and haven’t heard anything back. I’ve read on this thread that some people contact Dr. Weir to find out if they were accepted?

Be sure to check your spam folder for an email before contacting him, but if you don’t see anything there, you can send him an email asking for an update.

Any movement on the alternate list yet? When are the students offered acceptance required to accept the acceptance? lol

Any movement on the alternate list yet? When are the students offered acceptance required to accept the acceptance? lol

You have 14 days from receipt of your acceptance letter to send the $1000 seat deposit

Does anyone know if the clinical rotation sites are preceptor-based or ward-based?

Does anyone know if the clinical rotation sites are preceptor-based or ward-based?

Mine was mostly preceptor based, but I think it depends on which rotation hubsite you get. I think some of the application sites provide more inpatient/resident run rotations.

Anyone hear anything from the alternate list yet?

I’m on the alternate list. Interviewed 4/23

Members don't see this ad :)
Can confirm there has been movement. Got accepted from it today

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, can any of the current students post their class schedule for the term?

Would you be able to post your actual weekly schedule? I'm interested in knowing when classes start and end each day, how much free time you have, how many hours you have to study, etc. :)

My schedule is different than what you will experience. For example, in my first year, we pretty much had weekly examinations, but the class below us was swapped over to an exam week schedule so all of their exams fall within 7 days.

In general, expect to be in class from 8:00 - 3:00 most days and 8:00 - 5:00 on one day per week.

As for how many hours to study and how much free time really depends on you. If you are able to learn a whole lot of material very quickly and efficiently, you could potentially have a lot of free time (don’t recommend cramming btw), but if you’re the type to really have to work hard to learn something you may not have much free time.

My schedule is different than what you will experience. For example, in my first year, we pretty much had weekly examinations, but the class below us was swapped over to an exam week schedule so all of their exams fall within 7 days.

In general, expect to be in class from 8:00 - 3:00 most days and 8:00 - 5:00 on one day per week.

As for how many hours to study and how much free time really depends on you. If you are able to learn a whole lot of material very quickly and efficiently, you could potentially have a lot of free time (don’t recommend cramming btw), but if you’re the type to really have to work hard to learn something you may not have much free time.

Thank you! Also for tests and exams, are there any cumulative final exams? Or is everything non-cumulative?

Thank you! Also for tests and exams, are there any cumulative final exams? Or is everything non-cumulative?

There is some cumulative content on every exam, but it’s not much and is usually from the “most missed topics” from a previous exam.

Can you message me on where you stand on the list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do you know where you stand on the list?
Edit: Sorry I posted on the wrong thread!

Accepted!!!!

I was accepted early and ended up turning it down for another but I’ve seen your name on here since early on; glad to see you got in.

Accepted!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone been able to find an academic calendar for this year? When do classes begin for the fall?

Has anyone been able to find an academic calendar for this year? When do classes begin for the fall?

Orientation starts August 3rd and classes start August 5th

I just got an email for an interview and its going to be on Zoom. Anyone have an tips I need to know before I get into preparing for it?

I just got an email for an interview and its going to be on Zoom. Anyone have an tips I need to know before I get into preparing for it?
Know your application! Make sure your answers aren't too long. Review the interview questions posted on the WCUCOM thread on SDN.

For those on the waitlist, just wanted to provide some update on the movement. Based on my rank a couple of weeks ago and from my new rank I found out today from Dr. Weir, I can confirm that around 20 people have been moved from the alternate list within the last 2 weeks.

Just some good news for those worried, I'd have some faith in there being decent movement off the waitlist.

Good luck everyone!
Are they putting the people interviewing now at the end of the waitlist? Trying to figure out why they are still interviewing people

interview was very laid back, it will be Dr. Weir and 3 other faculty going one by one asking questions. Mostly basic questions why osteopathic, why WCUCOM...etc and then an ethical scenario!

Do you think they'll still accept people?
I am sure since they offered us an interview, they are going to consider us for any open seats (at least I hope they do!) I can't imagine a school would continue interviewing applicants if they didn't have an open seat to potentially fill with the new interviewee

I’m on the waitlist. Dr Weir told me that the class is full. However, I’m thinking they are concerned that there will be a lot of waitlist movement due to the virus and lots of people will get in off the waitlist