2021-2022 University of South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I just got a voicemail from an admissions person. Does this mean I'm in?
Are you CORE or SELECT? Congratulations!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how likely it is for USF to grant deferments for a year?

Does anyone have any information on the MD SELECT farmer award? I got it recently but am not sure what it means. Or does anyone have a good number i can call to ask questions about financial aid?

How quickly does USF usually fill out their class from the waitlist? Should we expect much more movement past the first day or so?

Got the call around 2 PM today for acceptance! Movement still happening today on the waitlist. I sent my letter of intent this morning, I would send it just in case if this is your top school. Info- 3.7 GPA, 515 MCAT, interviewed 2/16

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call around 2 PM today for acceptance! Movement still happening today on the waitlist. I sent my letter of intent this morning, I would send it just in case if this is your top school. Info- 3.7 GPA, 515 MCAT, interviewed 2/16
Congratulations!! In state? CORE? How do you know movement is still happening today?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have any information on the MD SELECT farmer award? I got it recently but am not sure what it means. Or does anyone have a good number i can call to ask questions about financial aid?
Also, if i select a different school to plan to enroll on the AAMC choose your medical school thing but then get a better financial aid package from USF would I still be able to attend USF even if it is after the May 2 deadline?

Congratulations!! In state? CORE? How do you know movement is still happening today?
In state. I had just sent my LOI in and got a call 3 hours later so it would be my guess there would still be movement since I did not get accepted until my LOI. And CORE for USF.

In state. I had just sent my LOI in and got a call 3 hours later so it would be my guess there would still be movement since I did not get accepted until my LOI. And CORE for USF.
PLEEEEZE change your user name and picture if they are you in real life. No good can come from not being anonymous on an anonymous forum!! :)

Does anyone have thoughts on notifying USF of other acceptances? I just got off another WL today, but USF is still my top choice...

When can ppl who were accepted off the waitlist today hear back about a financial aid package?

Call yesterday. CORE, IS, 515, 3.9, 2 gap years, first A. I'm going to be a doctor!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Call yesterday, OOS SELECT, interview 11/8, gpa 3.79 mcat 517, 3 gap years

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to everyone on the recent acceptances!

Current student (M2 -> M3, select) here happy to answer any questions as time permits. I don't know anything about financial aid though.

Reactions: 1 user
Accept OOS SELECT today. Sort of did not process the whole call since I was so happy.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Got the call this morning for CORE!!! They said they would send an email but I never got it.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
wait same - I was accepted on 4/26 and still haven't received a email? anyone in the same boat?

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!! Excited and then immediately stressed lmao, does this school really start in July??? That feels like not enough time to prepare!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Huge congratulations to you!! Would you mind sharing if you submitted LOI and your interview date??
I interviewed 11/4 and sent an LOI when I got waitlisted. I also applied to their MD/PhD program.

Quick question, if I got a call from USF saying I’ve been accepted, but already did PTE to another school, what should I do? (Financial aid for USF will come out in a couple weeks and that’s the only reason I would choose usf in the end). Do I need to withdraw from USF asap to be in compliance or can I keep it?

Is the Facebook group link included in the acceptance email? It seems like there's a pretty severe shortage of students for the incoming class if there's only 98 ppl in the group.

Is the Facebook group link included in the acceptance email? It seems like there's a pretty severe shortage of students for the incoming class if there's only 98 ppl in the group.
It's probably that it was created only 3 weeks ago, and they usually, from what I heard, accept people in waves. There's no way they only have 98 students

Got the call this morning for CORE! I thought it was a little odd though that she asked me for my social security number over the phone, is this usual? Did this happen to anyone else?

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Got the call this morning for CORE! I thought it was a little odd though that she asked me for my social security number over the phone, is this usual? Did this happen to anyone else?
Yes they asked me too haha... but congrats!!

Congrats!! Do mind sharing your stats and when you interviewed?

Congrats to all getting in off the WL! Rising M4 in Select who was also waitlisted, feel free to DM me or comment any questions :)

When does waitlist movement usually end for SELECT?
I have a classmate who literally got their Select acceptance a few days before orientation started! It definitely has the most movement in May, most of my friends who came off the waitlist got their calls from early to mid May.

Congrats!! Around what time did you get the call?

How long after the acceptance call should we expect an official email?

I’ve withdrawn my CORE acceptance, good luck everyone!

Reactions: 6 users