2021-2022 University of Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry to hear, was it a call or email?

Members don't see this ad.

+1 waitlisted. Suprised as I thought these were my best interviews thus far and the school I got into went much worse imo. Good luck to everybody else.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 waitlisted. Suprised as I thought these were my best interviews thus far and the school I got into went much worse imo. Good luck to everybody else.
Less than a week ago, you accepted that you were never going to receive an A. Less than 2 days later you were surprised that you received one. Now you are surprised that you didn't receive one? Honestly, given all the back and forth since you began this cycle, I'm surprised that anything surprises you anymore. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Based on your prior posts, are you more surprised that you received any As, or that you are not receiving As at all the schools where you felt the interview went okay? :)
When I barely got any interviews in July and August, I thought that I wasn’t going to get in anywhere and maybe needed some more time to pass. Then after getting a bunch of interviews in September and October, I thought I would have a handful by January. But this illusion was shattered upon getting waitlisted at some midtiers, and deferred from Umich. I thought I wouldn’t get in anywhere. UF was more surprising because it was my best interview across two cycles.

I’m definitely grateful that I even got one acceptance, but not getting in is always takes a toll of my self-esteem. I feel this would be true if I had 1 or 10 acceptances. It’s the same for post interview job rejections

• Love
When I barely got any interviews in July and August, I thought that I wasn’t going to get in anywhere and maybe needed some more time to pass. Then after getting a bunch of interviews in September and October, I thought I would have a handful by January. But this illusion was shattered upon getting waitlisted at some midtiers, and deferred from Umich. I thought I wouldn’t get in anywhere. UF was more surprising because it was my best interview across two cycles.

I’m definitely grateful that I even got one acceptance, but not getting in is always takes a toll of my self-esteem. I feel this would be true if I had 1 or 10 acceptances. It’s the same for post interview job rejections
Perfectly encapsulates my feelings as well. The WLs have carved away at my self-esteem as it makes you think something is wrong with you to not get outright accepted. Still very happy for you that you have at least one A so far

Dude, I've believed in you the entire time, while you have swung from feast to famine, wash, rinse repeat multiple times. You were always going to receive more than nothing and less than everything. You should really try to learn to be happy with what you have rather than obsessing on what you don't.

For the record, if you are OOS at UF, the deck was always stacked against you. Your self esteem should be through the roof because you defied the odds and left the naysayers speechless by first receiving any IIs, and then receiving any As. As I posted before, we all just want an II, then more, then an A, then more, then a scholarship, then more, etc., etc., etc. But with your baggage, you should try to allow yourself to enjoy your success without beating yourself up because it's not the most success possible.

Dude, I've believed in you the entire time, while you have swung from feast to famine, wash, rinse repeat multiple times. You were always going to receive more than nothing and less than everything. You should really try to learn to be happy with what you have rather than obsessing on what you don't.

For the record, if you are OOS at UF, the deck was always stacked against you.
Even post-II? I thought that everybody who got an interview here had a decent chance of being accepted. There did seem to be a decent amount of OOS UF undergrads when I interviewed, so maybe this brings the rate up. These applicants are counted as OOS but have stronger ties than many IS applicants.

Even post-II? I thought that everybody who got an interview here had a decent chance of being accepted. There did seem to be a decent amount of OOS UF undergrads when I interviewed, so maybe this brings the rate up. These applicants are counted as OOS but have stronger ties than many IS applicants.
I know the OOS interview rate is 1/4 the IS rate. That's what I was talking about. The post-II accept rates do appear similar (if anything, OOS appears to be a little higher), but, yeah, I'm sure a lot of them did UG at UF or other FL schools, or have other strong ties to FL.

I know every rejection stings, but I'd like to remind you that you told us all you'd be thrilled with a single A and, now that you have one, you are acting less than thrilled! I know you also admitted to constantly moving the goalposts, so I don't think anyone actually believed you. I don't think you are done, and you don't seem like you would be a great fit for Gainesville, so why not let this one go?

As a FL resident who hasn't even gotten so much as a spam email from UF, i'm jealous lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted!!!!!! My interviewer called me and I got the email later that night

Last edited:
  • Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted. Sad because I thought the interviews went so well. Anyone know if the waitlist has moved much in the past?

• Care
Waitlisted. Sad because I thought the interviews went so well. Anyone know if the waitlist has moved much in the past?
I heard that they over enrolled this past year to such an extent that LCME warned them not to do it again, so would be using the waitlist more this year. Not sure how true this is.

Very excited to see people hyped for this school! I'm a student on leave right now (incoming MS3) so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask and I can *hopefully* answer them to the best of my ability. This school has done so much for me I would love to pay it forward (you can also DM me as well)!

If anyone who is accepted or still waiting wants to jump in on a WhatsApp group chat for class of 2022! Please feel free to click the link above! Cheers!

When submitting an update on the portal, is it okay to just attach a PDF letter rather than inputting text into the boxes they provide?

any hope for OS students anymore? I have been extremely disappointed in their communication (or lack thereof) ):

Has anyone submitted a letter of interest/letter of intent? Their portal has text boxes to fill out for academic/extracurricular updates with an option to upload a PDF at the bottom. I'm not sure if I upload just the PDF of my letter if it'll submit the blank text boxes for the application updates.

Has anyone submitted a letter of interest/letter of intent? Their portal has text boxes to fill out for academic/extracurricular updates with an option to upload a PDF at the bottom. I'm not sure if I upload just the PDF of my letter if it'll submit the blank text boxes for the application updates.
I did and only Attached a pdf letter and called asking about it and they said it’s ok to just attach a letter and leave the text boxes blank

just got an II, super excited for this one.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users