2021-2022 University of South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So has there been any movement at all for CORE? I've been waitlisted since 4-13 and steadily losing hope for the last 2-3wks
I’m in the same boat

Members don't see this ad.

So has there been any movement at all for CORE? I've been waitlisted since 4-13 and steadily losing hope for the last 2-3wks
Yes I am Core and got off the waitlist the first week of May. I also know someone else who was Core who got off the waitlist a week and a half ago.

Has anyone with a 513 or lower gotten off the CORE waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone accepted early May still not gotten an official email from USF? Wondering if I should just shoot them an email

Anyone looking for a 2 bedroom at Pierhouse? I decided not to move to Tampa today. It is the cheapest apartment in walking distance from the school

Hey! Has anyone received a financial aid package with anything other than the unsubsidized loan yet? Just wondering if the "initial notice" I received will really be the final one.

@upperclassmen: which address/building are classes located at (I can't find clear info online and I'm trying to figure out housing). Also would you recommend having a car for the first 2 years or is it doable without?

This link should show you the location:

I think the majority of my class had a car during preclinicals, but some did not and were able to make it work. You'll need to live within walking distance of the school, which most people do anyway. And you'll need to take occasional Uber rides or ask friends for rides because you'll have a few clinical experiences that you can't walk to. A lot of research opportunities are things you can do remotely, but if you wanted to do research at TGH or Moffitt that would require a drive too.

Reactions: 1 user
This link should show you the location:

I think the majority of my class had a car during preclinicals, but some did not and were able to make it work. You'll need to live within walking distance of the school, which most people do anyway. And you'll need to take occasional Uber rides or ask friends for rides because you'll have a few clinical experiences that you can't walk to. A lot of research opportunities are things you can do remotely, but if you wanted to do research at TGH or Moffitt that would require a drive too.
How long/how many days a week in preclinical would you say you’re typically required to be at the med school building?

where/what is the school parking garage for students?

I parked in that "Cumberland Garage" right behind the med school and it was very convenient, but pricy at $90/month or $90 for 15 passes. I recently learned you can buy an annual membership to the aquarium for about $90 and park there all year. Maybe a 10 minute walk from there to the med school but it would save so much money.

If you skip the mandatory lectures by doing the attendance quiz online from home (not allowed, cough cough) you only need to go in 1-2 days per week.

Just got off CORE waitlist on Friday!! 509, 3.7x undergrad, 3.8x master's, first and second author on separate publications, tons of volunteering and extensive community service.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I parked in that "Cumberland Garage" right behind the med school and it was very convenient, but pricy at $90/month or $90 for 15 passes. I recently learned you can buy an annual membership to the aquarium for about $90 and park there all year. Maybe a 10 minute walk from there to the med school but it would save so much money.

If you skip the mandatory lectures by doing the attendance quiz online from home (not allowed, cough cough) you only need to go in 1-2 days per week.
I looked into the aquarium option and found out that parking there is only possible from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm. Is that going to be an issue with class times, exams, etc?

That's a bummer. The 5pm probably isn't an issue but the 9:30am start definitely is. Exams start at 9am and there are occasional 8am mandatory things.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone been accepted from the CORE waitlist recently? Is there any hope left?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey accepted students, here's another link to the Facebook group in case you guys didn't see it before: https://m.facebook.com/groups/652520532516913/

We're doing most of our communication on the discord group that's linked a few posts down in the Facebook. Please join! The majority of the class is in there and it's been extremely useful for keeping track of deadlines and requirements and what we need for class.