Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm in-state with a 3.5 cgpa, 3.6 sgpa, 31 mcat and still nothing. Complete since mid July and getting nervous also. It's really disheartening.

Me too! I have also called a bunch of times and they really haven't given me any sort of update.

Members don't see this ad.

I really hate their handsigned document policy. I just found out my physician letter wasn't handsigned so I have to have him reupload a handsigned version. Very annoying. For people in my situation, how did you have your letter writer resend the letters? Is it possible to update them through AACOMAS or did you have them physically mail a copy?

Reactions: 1 user
I really hate their handsigned document policy. I just found out my physician letter wasn't handsigned so I have to have him reupload a handsigned version. Very annoying. For people in my situation, how did you have your letter writer resend the letters? Is it possible to update them through AACOMAS or did you have them physically mail a copy?

Hey, I had the exact same thing happen to me. You can fax it to them!

Members don't see this ad :)
It's two days till their 4-weeks deadline comes to an end. I interviewed on Sept 10th and they had said decisions would be out in 2-4 weeks...

For those of you who have only gotten silence from Nova... I submitted my secondary July 8th and hadn't heard anything so I called admissions this morning. I was told that my application had just been forwarded to the admissions committee a week prior (October 2nd). I know a lot of you are freaking out, but don't worry yet. I had been complete forever and was just put under review a week ago.

Reactions: 2 users
For those of you who have only gotten silence from Nova... I submitted my secondary July 8th and hadn't heard anything so I called admissions this morning. I was told that my application had just been forwarded to the admissions committee a week prior (October 2nd). I know a lot of you are freaking out, but don't worry yet. I had been complete forever and was just put under review a week ago.

I called them after reading your post. Complete since 7/9 and been under review since then :/ Does Nova do silent rejections?

Anyone already interviewed, what were your thoughts? How much can they really ask in 15-20 minutes?

Anyone already interviewed, what were your thoughts? How much can they really ask in 15-20 minutes?
It was super informal and conversational. They asked me maybe 5 questions but it was definitely more of a back-and-forth conversation. Then they asked me if I had questions so that took some time. Just relax and be yourself!

Members don't see this ad :)
I called them after reading your post. Complete since 7/9 and been under review since then :/ Does Nova do silent rejections?

I was told this morning that they will notify you by mail if you are rejected and by e-mail if you receive an interview invite

Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere in the thread- but what is the wait time most of you have been experiencing from "Complete" to II (or rejection)?

I was complete in mid July and II in mid Sept, so 2 months for me and I was relatively early in the cycle. Good luck to you all!!

Reactions: 1 users
It's two days till their 4-weeks deadline comes to an end. I interviewed on Sept 10th and they had said decisions would be out in 2-4 weeks...

I interviewed last year and they told me I was accepted ~20-30 days AFTER the 2-4 week period. I understand that it can be uneasy waiting on a decision after II (hell, even after submitting the secondary) but be careful not to call too often. I know some people that weren't given preference because they called too many times and annoyed admissions.

They also offer interviews well into March, so don't be discouraged if you haven't received one yet. Best of luck, let me know if you guys have any other questions!

Reactions: 1 users
interviewed here recently. the interview was crazy short and they just asked me a few questions about academics and why medicine. they're really just trying to get to know you! also they left a lot of time for questions in my interview...even though I asked two questions there was still kind of a silence afterwards. So be ready with things to ask!!

Is this place still sending out II's? I've been complete nearly a month....

Been complete since July, even a "no thanks" email would be at least give me peace of mind
interviewed here last week. they said we were the 4th group to interview. i cant comment on IIs left but there were 10,000 applicants for 400 interview spots ...keep them updated on your activities and stay positive

interviewed here last week. they said we were the 4th group to interview. i cant comment on IIs left but there were 10,000 applicants for 400 interview spots ...keep them updated on your activities and stay positive

How many people interview at one time (approximately)?

Only 400 interview spots? That seems pretty low...

How many people interview at one time (approximately)?
about 20 or so people i think on interview day...they said 400/500 spots but def not more than that. we were split up for interviews and tours and i was mainly focused on getting through my interview day (my throat started to get itchy...and i came down with a slight cold the day after the interview). but the day was mostly relaxed and enjoyable. so i say if you get an II, know your own app backwards and forwards, why medicine, why NSU, and have fun

also stay hydrated. it was 80 degrees and very humid...not the most comfortable dark suit attire weather for campus tours but at least most of it was indoors w/ AC

about 20 or so people i think on interview day...they said 400/500 spots but def not more than that. we were split up for interviews and tours and i was mainly focused on getting through my interview day (my throat started to get itchy...and i came down with a slight cold the day after the interview). but the day was mostly relaxed and enjoyable. so i say if you get an II, know your own app backwards and forwards, why medicine, why NSU, and have fun

Did they mention when you should expect to hear back for interview results?

Did they mention when you should expect to hear back for interview results?
it will differ by interview group since all acceptances have to be approved by Dean Wallace which means the adcom has to get on her schedule for the interviewees from that group to be presented and reviewed. if the dean happens to be traveling, out of town, etc then it may be longer...I was told roughly 3 weeks for my group. Melissa and Maricela are very good at getting you the contact info of all interviewing faculty and timeline for II to acceptance during interview day, so don't worry about that. just focus on doing well

it will differ by interview group since all acceptances have to be approved by Dean Wallace which means the adcom has to get on her schedule for the interviewees from that group to be presented and reviewed. if the dean happens to be traveling, out of town, etc then it may be longer...I was told roughly 3 weeks for my group. Melissa and Maricela are very good at getting you the contact info of all interviewing faculty and timeline for II to acceptance during interview day, so don't worry about that. just focus on doing well
I already interviewed actually on Sept 10th. I saw that some people have received a response and I am assuming a lot of other people just haven't posted here on SDN so I am just getting a bit antsy because it's been over a month now for me :/

I already interviewed actually on Sept 10th. I saw that some people have received a response and I am assuming a lot of other people just haven't posted here on SDN so I am just getting a bit antsy because it's been over a month now for me :/
have to just wait it out patiently and let them know you want to be there. i think last yr people had several months pass before hearing anything. good luck this cycle!

Been complete here since early-mid July but still have not heard of an II over here ><
it's killing me.
But I mean I have had interviews to seven other schools now. two more to go, nova is still number 1 though, hopefully will hear back soon.

Only 400 interview spots? That seems pretty low...

At the open house this past weekend the admissions counselor said they were interviewing 'a lot' less candidates than they have in the past. Anyone know how many were interviewed last cycle in comparison?

At the open house this past weekend the admissions counselor said they were interviewing 'a lot' less candidates than they have in the past. Anyone know how many were interviewed last cycle in comparison?
Anyone correct me if I am wrong but I believe they mentioned at the interview that last year they interviewed 534.

Any international students receive the "Your I-20 Requirements" email?

I thought it was a little odd NSU would talk about I-20s when a II hasn't even been extended. But then again, they were the only school that decided to call to let me know I was complete.

I haven't heard a peep from this school. I submitted by secondary back in early august. Does anyone else have this issue? advice on how to proceed?

@asdf123g I've been complete since July and haven't heard anything either. But this isn't the only school I haven't heard from. Just trying to be patient.

I haven't heard a peep from this school. I submitted by secondary back in early august. Does anyone else have this issue? advice on how to proceed?

I'm July, so they have to get to me first before you most likely. Rumor has it they are sending out less II this year so that is why many SDNers haven't heard anything from NOVA. A lot of schools are this way (higher applicant volume than last year, more competition, new AACOMAS application system, just being slow...).

all of us mid july people should get together and riot

Reactions: 6 users
How did they contact everyone about interviews? Over the phone? Email? Actual mail? Submitted secondary late August and nothing yet, with above average GPA and average MCAT

all of us mid july people should get together and riot
Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 3.27.12 PM.png

Reactions: 8 users
Interviewing tomorrow! About to board my plane. Sucks I don't get to spend time exploring but I have spent time in Ft Lauderdale before. Arriving tonight & flying out tomorrow night. See y'all there.

II today! I actually lost hope since I submitted in early July, so I am excited! I think I'll be interviewing 3 Nov.

Reactions: 3 users