Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just submitted my secondary yesterday and I got a call from them today saying my app was complete and they would review soon. They said it would take no more than 4 weeks.

Anyone else interested in the DO/DMD program?

Bahahahahaahaha. Four weeks... That's funny, try more like 4 months. I'm just over 3 months right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
anyone else on here a fellow Oct 1 interviewee? Y'all better let me know when you hear any news.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bahahahahaahaha. Four weeks... That's funny, try more like 4 months. I'm just over 3 months right now.
Lol yep they told me the same thing when I got the complete phone call...in July. Still no word

Reactions: 1 user
Hate to be the bearer of bad news to all the optimistic people here, but I recommend considering other schools if accepted to nova and somewhere else. I recently graduated and even talking to current M1's and M2's, not much has changed. Just speak with current students at every school before you commit to going. Specifically ask them what they don't like about their school. School websites love to paint a rosy picture and will never point out the bad stuff.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news to all the optimistic people here, but I recommend considering other schools if accepted to nova and somewhere else. I recently graduated and even talking to current M1's and M2's, not much has changed. Just speak with current students at every school before you commit to going. Specifically ask them what they don't like about their school. School websites love to paint a rosy picture and will never point out the bad stuff.

Can you tell us what you don't like about Nova then? :)

Reactions: 4 users
Lol yep they told me the same thing when I got the complete phone call...in July. Still no word
That's crazy... I wonder why it's taking so long..

Anything specific you could share?

IS with 3.68 and 33 mcat. Am I too late to apply here? Don't take my username too seriously, I just want help learning to help people professionally...*HELPMEDO

I will be withdrawing my acceptance from NSU so hopefully it goes to one of you SDN'ers! Best of luck!
BTW, thanks specter942 for making me feel not so bad about this decision haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, please elaborate... I did not like that I was only able to ask questions to first year students during my interview day. I mean, they've only been nova students for a few months! Thus, I have no idea how prepared students feel for the boards and couldn't get any reliable feedback about rotations.

Congrats on graduating. You are the first person I've ever heard of to finish medical school in one year, since you were applying to schools in the 2013-2014 cycle.

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats on graduating. You are the first person I've ever heard of to finish medical school in one year, since you were applying to schools in the 2013-2014 cycle.

Oh snap!

Reactions: 3 users
If you guys have questions about NSU, I'm an M3 and can answer things boards and rotations related. Just take everything I say with a grain of salt. As for perspective on what it's like being a student here, I have a blog I started when I was an M1 that I update at least once a month. It should be in my signature. Good luck to those that have interviews and congrats to those accepted!

Edit: Apparently not everyone can see the blog link in my signature. https://howaboutasecondopinion.wordpress.com

Last edited:
If you guys have questions about NSU, I'm an M3 and can answer things boards and rotations related. Just take everything I say with a grain of salt. As for perspective on what it's like being a student here, I have a blog I started when I was an M1 that I update at least once a month. It should be in my signature. Good luck to those that have interviews and congrats to those accepted!
thank you!! I'll check out that blog and will PM questions left unanswered, if you don't mind.

Wow! I remember stumbling upon your blog almost a year ago. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

thank you!! I'll check out that blog and will PM questions left unanswered, if you don't mind.

Yeah that's fine. I usually answer back within a day or two now since my rotation this month is pretty chill

Wow! I remember stumbling upon your blog almost a year ago. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Thanks for reading!

Wow... Totally unexpected but II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 users
Mid July complete and given an II! Stay hopeful mid July people :)

Can those who have interviewed/are current students give their opinion about the school:
Curriculum
Tracks/programs offered
Board prep
Student/faculty and student/student relationships
The area itself?

I'm trying to gauge going to this interview vs current acceptances

Reactions: 5 users
Mid July complete and given an II! Stay hopeful mid July people :)

Can those who have interviewed/are current students give their opinion about the school:
Curriculum
Tracks/programs offered
Board prep
Student/faculty and student/student relationships
The area itself?

I'm trying to gauge going to this interview vs current acceptances

Congrats to both you and @MedicalLifeinstories ! Were you informed via e-mail, phone, or portal?

Just finished reading your blog and thoroughly enjoyed it! thanks for updating it! Gotta say its intimidating, but it sounds so exciting! The aortic stenosis part made me "lol" for real because I had a "what....?" face when the cardiologist I shadow started "rambling "and explaining to me what was going on with a patient! I can't wait to start up! Sent you a PM if you don't mind checking it out when you have some time!

MID JULY. INTERVIEW INVITE TODAY!! 11/12 date

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an II from here today! :) I submitted secondary sometime in July but had some issues with missing letters so I was officially complete in late September

Last edited:
Congrats everybody hopefully they move on to end of July apps soon :rolleyes:

Did you guys get an email after submitting the secondary? What did it say?
I only got one giving me a copy of my secondary and nothing after that is that normal?

Has anyone gotten an II without having their letters received by NSUCOM?

Love the Avatar, part of me hopes he returns this week... but only if he's truly healthy and it won't jeopardize his future!

Thanks! My gut says he'll be back for the redskins game :(

First place...
Every time I see my cowboys lose, it hurts (even though we're missing key players and are forced to choose between a QB with a terrible losing streak or a QB we just traded for and doesn't even know the system yet). However, watching the Eagles lose makes all the pain go away. 21-6 so far lol. fyi, not hating on you, we are just fans of rival teams lol.

anyone else interviewing here on Tuesday?

Every time I see my cowboys lose, it hurts (even though we're missing key players and are forced to choose between a QB with a terrible losing streak or a QB we just traded for and doesn't even know the system yet). However, watching the Eagles lose makes all the pain go away. 21-6 so far lol. fyi, not hating on you, we are just fans of rival teams lol.

Yea...we suck lol

Yea...we suck lol

gunna butt in here even though I'm not part of the NFC East, but at least you guys aren't niner's fans :arghh:

Reactions: 1 users
Do ya'll think it's too late to send a primary here?
cGPA: 3.7; sGPA: 3.5; MCAT: 506