Nova Southeastern University (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the question in the secondary "how did you learn about osteopathic medicine" did people write essays or just a couple paragraphs? I have a 500 word essay written for another school and don't know if it will be fine or if I should shorten it. Thanks!

i wrote an essay and even explained why i'm a good fit and got an II

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just called and they don't accept the paper LORs. AACOMAS doesn't is a horrible application service. I have 5 LORs so how do I only have the option to send all 5 LORs to every school when each school has a maximum smh. My prehealth advisor called AACOMAS and they did not even know what to do.

I'm having the same issue - did you find a way around this?

I'm tempted to just add my LORs to AACOMAS simply to apply to this school but I don't want to risk confusing admissions from all of the other schools that I applied to.

I'm tempted to just add my LORs to AACOMAS simply to apply to this school but I don't want to risk confusing admissions from all of the other schools that I applied to.
This is the same exact predicament I'm in. I added nova after I submitted my AACOMAS with all my initial schools. I sent letters directly from interfolio to each school so I could decide which schools get which letters. I didn't even realize Nova didn't accept letters through interfolio.

This is the same exact predicament I'm in. I added nova after I submitted my AACOMAS with all my initial schools. I sent letters directly from interfolio to each school so I could decide which schools get which letters. I didn't even realize Nova didn't accept letters through interfolio.

I'm in the same boat too. I ended up calling admissions counselors from various schools about this and they said it is okay if you have duplicate letters from the same sender, they just count the original you sent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi Everyone!
For anyone who is having LOR trouble through AACOMAS, I called NOVA today is this is what they told me. When LOR's are submitted through AACOMAS, NOVA has to download them from AACOMAS system. They stated that this occurs every Wednesday but could take anywhere from 4-6 weeks after yout LOR's were submitted to the AACOMAS site... He said this is a normal occurrence and unfortunately there isn't a way to expedite the process. If any of you would like to contact them yourselves this is the number I was given to call: 1-800-356-0026 extension 21101. They asked for my NOVA ID which I have not received... (anyone else not given a NOVA ID?) this just threw me off a little but they were still able to pull up my info with my name, DOB and a bunch of other verification's. Good luck to everyone, I hope this helps! Currently I have submitted my secondary application and NOVA has everything else EXCEPT my LOR's,

Hi Everyone!
For anyone who is having LOR trouble through AACOMAS, I called NOVA today is this is what they told me. When LOR's are submitted through AACOMAS, NOVA has to download them from AACOMAS system. They stated that this occurs every Wednesday but could take anywhere from 4-6 weeks after yout LOR's were submitted to the AACOMAS site... He said this is a normal occurrence and unfortunately there isn't a way to expedite the process. If any of you would like to contact them yourselves this is the number I was given to call: 1-800-356-0026 extension 21101. They asked for my NOVA ID which I have not received... (anyone else not given a NOVA ID?) this just threw me off a little but they were still able to pull up my info with my name, DOB and a bunch of other verification's. Good luck to everyone, I hope this helps! Currently I have submitted my secondary application and NOVA has everything else EXCEPT my LOR's,
Did you get a PDF of your completed secondary emailed to you? It's password protected. On the top lefthand side of the page it has your nova id

I was able to send my LORs through AACOMAS with some out of the box thinking more than a week ago and they my letters were processed in a day or so. I had to call NOVA a few times though.

I didn't find a way around but just got the complete call exactly a month later. A little ridiculous if you ask me.

does anyone know how strict NSU-COM is in letters being on letterhead? Thanks!

Has anyone gotten an email from NOVA subjected "Nova Southeastern University AACOMAS Service Application Receipt Reminder" despite turning in their secondary application and paid the fee? I've received it twice since submitting. I haven't heard back regarding an II and this was the only two emails I received from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same. Already submitted and received it twice as well -.-
Has anyone gotten an email from NOVA subjected "Nova Southeastern University AACOMAS Service Application Receipt Reminder" despite turning in their secondary application and paid the fee? I've received it twice since submitting. I haven't heard back regarding an II and this was the only two emails I received from them.

How often do Adcoms meet at NOVA?

Yap just got it again too..

I got this today as well. It's gotten to the point with this school that I am starting to lose confidence at landing an interview because I've had to call and e-mail them so many times to correct things with my app. :(

Hey is there a way to check online that they have everything, like LOR/MCAT scores/app fee/etc?

Hey is there a way to check online that they have everything, like LOR/MCAT scores/app fee/etc?

There is. You login on Webstar and view your application. On the bottom of that page should be a checklist of things they have received and what's needed to make your app complete

So did anyone call about the "Nova Southeastern University AACOMAS Service Application Receipt Reminder" email from yesterday? Is it a mistake on their part? Because I already got the complete call weeks ago...

So did anyone call about the "Nova Southeastern University AACOMAS Service Application Receipt Reminder" email from yesterday? Is it a mistake on their part? Because I already got the complete call weeks ago...

Yeah I've received it twice since my complete call. Other people have received it after they have been complete too so nothing to be alarmed about, but yeah it's pretty weird receiving these emails. I'm still waiting to hear back about an II.

Hey guys, I don't know if this was asked yet but do you know if they provide other LOR options for nontraditional students? I have managed to get 2 teachers to write letters for me but I am having a tough time getting another professor to remember me.

Thanks for the help!

Hey guys, I don't know if this was asked yet but do you know if they provide other LOR options for nontraditional students? I have managed to get 2 teachers to write letters for me but I am having a tough time getting another professor to remember me.

Thanks for the help!

Had the same problem they accepted a supervisor to replace the non science requirement

You have to call in order to get this exception though

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How long did it take for you all to get an II after receiving the secondary complete phone call?

Had the same problem they accepted a supervisor to replace the non science requirement

You have to call in order to get this exception though

Thank you so much for the help! Do you have the number I can reach them with by any chance? I tried calling and leaving a message with one of their numbers and never received a response.

Thanks again! :)

Thank you so much for the help! Do you have the number I can reach them with by any chance? I tried calling and leaving a message with one of their numbers and never received a response.

Thanks again! :)

Sorry I don't remember

But I do remember calling at least 10x over a span of a week. Once when they opened at 9, once at noon and another around 3.

It's a busy time of the year with us and orientation so you gotta just keep pushing

Good luck

Did everyone who is complete get a phone call confirming it?

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Nope. I've spoken to the admissions office and they've said that my app is complete but I never received a phone call.

Hey guys. I am currently an M1 and am willing to answer any questions you may have. Just shoot me a message and I'll try to answer as best as I can. Just keep in mind I am only an M1 and we just started.

Hey guys. I am currently an M1 and am willing to answer any questions you may have. Just shoot me a message and I'll try to answer as best as I can. Just keep in mind I am only an M1 and we just started.
Hello,

When you were applying was there a large time gap between when you were "complete" and when you recieved an interview invitation? I've been complete since July 19th and have not heard anything since, thank you!

Hello,

When you were applying was there a large time gap between when you were "complete" and when you recieved an interview invitation? I've been complete since July 19th and have not heard anything since, thank you!

You are applying during the busiest time. I didn't send in my supplementary till the first week of January and interviewed early February. I think I received the invite mid-late January.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we just got done with orientation that took up a lot of the administration's time. Things should start picking up soon. Be sure to send in any updates to show your continued interest.

Is there a portal for this school where I can check the status of my application? I got a call saying everything was complete not too long ago, but I haven't heard a thing since

You are applying during the busiest time. I didn't send in my supplementary till the first week of January and interviewed early February. I think I received the invite mid-late January.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we just got done with orientation that took up a lot of the administration's time. Things should start picking up soon. Be sure to send in any updates to show your continued interest.

Where can we add updates to our apps? Should I send an email to director of admissions?

Thank you for the reply!

If you already submitted your secondary - how do you submit an update? Just email the adcom? @Tak16

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the contact I had to email during my cycle has left, but emailing the admissions director should work. You can also call the the number on their website to speak to someone directly as well. Just note you might have to call them a few times to get an answer as this is a busy time of year.

Unfortunately, the contact I had to email during my cycle has left, but emailing the admissions director should work. You can also call the the number on their website to speak to someone directly as well. Just note you might have to call them a few times to get an answer as this is a busy time of year.

if you submitted your secondary in Jan... you must have had some crazy stats. Because from what I have read - this is pretty late. Mind sharing your stats?

so did Nova drop off the face of the planet? Have they sent any other II's except that one original batch that people seem to have gotten?

Reactions: 4 users