UMD vs UF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zax

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I am fortunate enough to have acceptances to two schools I have always been interested in. I would love to hear some opinions on both schools. To your knowledge how do these schools stack up to eachother?

UF

Pros- In state tuition, close to home, Pass Fail curriculum
Cons- 4 more years in a small town, 9-5 class schedule not as much time for free study/extra things

UMD-
Pros- Only 2-4 hours of lecture per day ie time for study and independent research, new place to live in a city
Cons- OOS tuition, not pass fail

Members don't see this ad.

I think unless you would literally die from living in your small town for four more years, UF is the better choice. In state tuition, no letter grades, close to family, I mean it seems an easy choice to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Baltimore sucks anyway. If you wanna move, do it for residency.

Pass/fail in combination with in-state tuition would seal the deal for me. UMD is ridiculously expensive OOS, but most students to get in-state tuition after the first or second year. Still pretty expensive, though.

I also don't love Baltimore, but it has some nice areas near the wharf and Fed Hill can be fun for nightlife.