University of Minnesota c/o 2018 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For MN specifically (the only place I applied, so I have no idea what interviews are like elsewhere beyond what I've heard), sure....

1) Research 'behavioral interview questions' online. You can find a number of lists. This is an old article I found before my interview. I went out to coffee for a few hours with my wife and she just threw random questions at me and forced me to answer. I found the questions in that article to be very representative of the types of questions you will be asked. We're not supposed to discuss specific questions from our interviews, though. In general, I think it's fair to say that most of your questions will start with something similar to "tell me about a time when ....." They're not looking for you to tell them about personal characteristics that you claim to have; they're looking for you to use specific, real examples from your life. From their perspective this approach gives them a chance to evaluate whether you really have a particular quality. Anyone can claim to be good at debating (for example); but if you can't point to some debate club award on the wall and talk about it, the claim is pretty weak. Don't feel like you should use 'veterinary'-specific answers.

2) Take some time in the week ahead of your interview to be alone in a relaxed setting and just take an intentional, organized trip down memory lane. Think back on your life - things you've done, confrontations you've had, accomplishments, challenges, arguments, relationships, interesting experiences, etc. For me I tried to go year by year and just bubble it all to mind. Don't write it down or anything super organized like that, but just bring it all back to mind so it's fresh. Let it percolate a little bit. It will give you material to draw from during your interview.

3) Dress professionally in a way that you know makes you look good. If you feel like you look good, it will show.

4) Be friendly, be polite, look your interviewers in the eye 50% of the time, don't fidget, and SMILE.

5) When asked a question, don't feel bad or awkward taking a few seconds to think about it. Even though it will feel like a horribly long, awkward silence, it's worth it to organize your thoughts so that you can give a coherent answer rather than just rambling away. 15 seconds will feel like forever, but it's really not, and your interviewers won't mind.
Thanks a ton! This is really helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

For MN specifically (the only place I applied, so I have no idea what interviews are like elsewhere beyond what I've heard), sure....

1) Research 'behavioral interview questions' online. You can find a number of lists. This is an old article I found before my interview. I went out to coffee for a few hours with my wife and she just threw random questions at me and forced me to answer. I found the questions in that article to be very representative of the types of questions you will be asked. We're not supposed to discuss specific questions from our interviews, though. In general, I think it's fair to say that most of your questions will start with something similar to "tell me about a time when ....." They're not looking for you to tell them about personal characteristics that you claim to have; they're looking for you to use specific, real examples from your life. From their perspective this approach gives them a chance to evaluate whether you really have a particular quality. Anyone can claim to be good at debating (for example); but if you can't point to some debate club award on the wall and talk about it, the claim is pretty weak. Don't feel like you should use 'veterinary'-specific answers.

2) Take some time in the week ahead of your interview to be alone in a relaxed setting and just take an intentional, organized trip down memory lane. Think back on your life - things you've done, confrontations you've had, accomplishments, challenges, arguments, relationships, interesting experiences, etc. For me I tried to go year by year and just bubble it all to mind. Don't write it down or anything super organized like that, but just bring it all back to mind so it's fresh. Let it percolate a little bit. It will give you material to draw from during your interview.

3) Dress professionally in a way that you know makes you look good. If you feel like you look good, it will show.

4) Be friendly, be polite, look your interviewers in the eye 50% of the time, don't fidget, and SMILE.

5) When asked a question, don't feel bad or awkward taking a few seconds to think about it. Even though it will feel like a horribly long, awkward silence, it's worth it to organize your thoughts so that you can give a coherent answer rather than just rambling away. 15 seconds will feel like forever, but it's really not, and your interviewers won't mind.

Thanks! Although only have eye contact 50% of the time...?

Thanks! Although only have eye contact 50% of the time...?

Eh. Whatever you think makes sense. The point (poorly made) was that you need to have good, strong eye contact, but there is such a thing as too much eye contact. :)

Enough to convey engagement and create a connection; not so much as to convey psychokiller. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
LIS's interview advice is great. I also recommend thinking of a couple of questions to ask your interviewers, since they'll provide you an opportunity to ask one or two (if time allows!) at the end of your interview. Thinking of a good question can be a bit of a challenge--you don't want to completely turn the interview on its head and start grilling the interviewers, nor do you want to ask questions that you don't actually care to hear the answers to.

Well, due to money, time, the fact that I got I. Somewhere else, and the fact that this school blast oos with that tuition, I have decided to decline my interview. Hopefully they will extend one to other oos peeps. UMN has a great program tho and I feel kinda lame that I won't get to check it out further.

Well, due to money, time, the fact that I got I. Somewhere else, and the fact that this school blast oos with that tuition, I have decided to decline my interview. Hopefully they will extend one to other oos peeps. UMN has a great program tho and I feel kinda lame that I won't get to check it out further.

Makes pretty good sense to me. I mean, I love our program and our staff and our faculty ... but UMN has got to get its tuition under control. We're ... what ... the most expensive land-grant? Or close? The fact that right next door is another excellent program (Wisconsin) where out-of-state Minnesotans could go for cheaper than the cost of our in-state school is kinda a slap in the face.

For whatever reason (and I've never gotten a good one) they appear unable to constrain their tuition to levels in line with other schools in their category. It's a sore spot with most of us, no matter how happy we are with the program itself.

Reactions: 2 users
Makes pretty good sense to me. I mean, I love our program and our staff and our faculty ... but UMN has got to get its tuition under control. We're ... what ... the most expensive land-grant? Or close? The fact that right next door is another excellent program (Wisconsin) where out-of-state Minnesotans could go for cheaper than the cost of our in-state school is kinda a slap in the face.

For whatever reason (and I've never gotten a good one) they appear unable to constrain their tuition to levels in line with other schools in their category. It's a sore spot with most of us, no matter how happy we are with the program itself.

I examined the costs of different vet schools I applied to and estimated the cost of tuition over four years at each of them...
Over $220 thousand for an education at UMN... :eyebrow: How is that even legal?

I'm still going to interview, but financial aid had better be really good if I even have a chance at considering going there... (I'm OOS)

Last edited:
I examined the costs of different vet schools I applied to and estimated the cost of tuition over four years at each of them...
Over $220 thousand for an education at UMN... :eyebrow: How is that even legal?

I'm still going to interview, but financial aid had better be really good if I even have a chance at considering going there...
Yeah man, you're not alone. I actually am unsure if I can borrow that much money.

Yeah man, you're not alone. I actually am unsure if I can borrow that much money.

Out of curiosity, are you OOS also? If so, you definitely feel my pain...hahaha

Anyone have or having their MN interviews this week? If so, care to share your 2014 interview experience? What types of questions? anything unusual? What did you wish or were happy that you did?

Anyone have or having their MN interviews this week? If so, care to share your 2014 interview experience? What types of questions? anything unusual? What did you wish or were happy that you did?

Interviews don't start until 1/30. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
One of the behavioral questions I'm trying to prepare for is the following:

Give me an example of a specific occasion in which you had to conform to a policy with which you did not agree.

I have a very specific situation in mind, but I'm afraid it might reflect poorly on me to use it. At one clinic I worked at as a kennel worker, I was required to bathe all patients that were hospitalized especially if they got messy at all during their hospitalization. This included elderly, painful, and often extremely aggressive cats and dogs. I bathed cats that would scream and yowl and pee and poop all over themselves after being bathed (and I'd have to bathe them again). I bathed a dog several times who had bleeding masses all over her mouth and I had to muzzle her to do it, causing more whimpering and growling and bleeding. It was awful to have to do that to animals who were already suffering and stressed. By the end of the summer, I was practically in tears when my boss insisted I bathe and groom these animals.

If I were to use this example, I would phrase it in a less accusatory and dramatic way, but I'm worried even that would get me in trouble. I honestly don't even know if anyone would agree that I had a right to be upset about this policy or if I'm just too sensitive.

Any thoughts? Thanks for any input!

PS I have other examples to use, but I know this one is the most specific and detailed.

@Smudgen If it's something you're not comfortable/ confident talking about, it may not be the best example to use in your interview. But if you think you can give a strong, rational answer (about why you disagreed with the policy, why you conformed to it, if you did anything to change it, etc.) then it could work.

I've been looking over behavioral questions as well. The problem I have is that most of my answers end up being about my experiences as animal shelter employee. I mean, I still have other stories about school or my time as a horseback riding instructor etc., but a vast majority come from the animal shelter. Will it reflect poorly on me if I use a bunch of examples from one place?

@Smudgen If it's something you're not comfortable/ confident talking about, it may not be the best example to use in your interview. But if you think you can give a strong, rational answer (about why you disagreed with the policy, why you conformed to it, if you did anything to change it, etc.) then it could work.

I've been looking over behavioral questions as well. The problem I have is that most of my answers end up being about my experiences as animal shelter employee. I mean, I still have other stories about school or my time as a horseback riding instructor etc., but a vast majority come from the animal shelter. Will it reflect poorly on me if I use a bunch of examples from one place?

I highly doubt it. They are looking at how you behave in certain social/professional situations that you may encounter in life/school. The setting is irrelevant I'm pretty sure, if it fits I'd use it. The only thing really that needs to be mentioned is that they don't expect these behavioral experiences to be vet or animal related. They don't have to be, but if they are its not a problem. It's essentially the school saying "hey we liked everything on your app and know you have enough experience to be here, now demonstrate how you behave with examples from your life." Where they happen is irrelevant.

Thanks! Just thinking of it from a different person's point of view helped me figure out how I'll handle that question. :)

And now that I'm thinking of it, most of my answers are from my experience at a zoo. Hope it doesn't matter for either of us!

Give me an example of a specific occasion in which you had to conform to a policy with which you did not agree.

I have a very specific situation in mind, but I'm afraid it might reflect poorly on me to use it. At one clinic I worked at as a kennel worker, I was required to bathe all patients that were hospitalized especially if they got messy at all during their hospitalization. This included elderly, painful, and often extremely aggressive cats and dogs. I bathed cats that would scream and yowl and pee and poop all over themselves after being bathed (and I'd have to bathe them again). I bathed a dog several times who had bleeding masses all over her mouth and I had to muzzle her to do it, causing more whimpering and growling and bleeding. It was awful to have to do that to animals who were already suffering and stressed. By the end of the summer, I was practically in tears when my boss insisted I bathe and groom these animals.

If I were to use this example, I would phrase it in a less accusatory and dramatic way, but I'm worried even that would get me in trouble. I honestly don't even know if anyone would agree that I had a right to be upset about this policy or if I'm just too sensitive.

PS I have other examples to use, but I know this one is the most specific and detailed.

Did you get this question from a google search? I just realized that UMN blocked the question feedback section on SDN :(

In the case of this post's question, I would view that as an answer that's probably not getting to the heart of the reason an interviewer would ask that question.

(Caveat: I'm just a student reading into these things as much as you are.)

A question like that is trying to evaluate how you react in a situation where a figure in authority over you requires you to do something that you disagree with. The point is that you're in tension - you're responsible to the authority but you're also responsible to your conscience (or religion, or the law, or ... whatever). So it's trying to investigate how you manage that tension. Do you attempt to resolve it? Did you resolve it successfully? Did you do nothing? Did you compromise your ethics/integrity?

Most likely - again, I'm guessing - the best answers to that question would include some sort of appropriate action taken by you to resolve that tension. In the example you cited, it might be talking to your boss, explaining why you thought each animal should be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, and encouraging a change in policy in that hospital. If you had a successful outcome (a policy change so that animals were bathed only when necessary or some such) all the better.

Will it reflect poorly on me if I use a bunch of examples from one place?

As long as the answer specifically addresses the question, no. I think in general more variety is better just because it presents you as a more well-rounded person with diversity of life experience, but the point of the questions is to have a specific answer. There's nothing wrong with drawing a few examples from one place.

As usual, LIS sweeping in with lifesaving advice. :) Thanks for the input. I'm probably going to pick a different answer if I'm asked this, mostly because the resolution to the situation was just me leaving (it was a summer job), not me doing any sort of mature or admirable good at all. :sorry:

has anyone checked the weather for their interview weekend? I just check mine... feb 6th-8th... high of -5 and a low of -13 to -20!:wow: aahh! so glad the tours are mostly inside!:bag:

has anyone checked the weather for their interview weekend? I just check mine... feb 6th-8th... high of -5 and a low of -13 to -20!:wow: aahh! so glad the tours are mostly inside!:bag:

Haha, I've also been worried about the weather. I'm from southern CA, where it's been in the 70s/80s the past month :laugh:

I know it doesn't seem like it, but cold is better for you folks coming to interview. If it's above 5 and below 28 or so, odds are it's snowing or getting ready to snow. That screws up traffic, makes things slippery, and generally messes with everything, which is stressful for y'all. Cold is just ... cold. :)

Good luck with your interviews! TRY to relax, have fun, and feel free to ask any student/staff any questions you would like!

Reactions: 3 users
I have my interview this weekend, getting very nervous and not too excited for the cold weather! Good luck to everyone :)

Hey everyone! I have my interview this saturday first thing in the morning :) I'm excited to visit the campus! I hope I get to meet some of you there. good luck everyone

Good luck to those interviewing this weekend! Let us know how you like the campus!

Hey everyone! I have my interview this saturday first thing in the morning :) I'm excited to visit the campus! I hope I get to meet some of you there. good luck everyone
I'm interviewing on Saturday morning too! Are you going to the open house/tour on Friday night?

Hey all!

Good luck for those interviewing this weekend. I know it's hard, but try to relax and have fun! Take advantage of being on campus to ask questions!

Hi everybody! I haven't been on SDN in, well, quite awhile, but the forums here really helped me out during my interviews last year, so I thought I'd pop on and wish everybody good luck! Being a bit nervous is good, but don't stress out too much--everyone is very friendly! (it is Minnesota after all...) And dress warm!

Hi everybody! I haven't been on SDN in, well, quite awhile, but the forums here really helped me out during my interviews last year, so I thought I'd pop on and wish everybody good luck! Being a bit nervous is good, but don't stress out too much--everyone is very friendly! (it is Minnesota after all...) And dress warm!
any tips for those of us interviewing this weekend - besides don't be nervous - which I already am!

any tips for those of us interviewing this weekend - besides don't be nervous - which I already am!
Since it's a bit late to be giving too much interview prep advice for those interviewing this weekend (I meant to get on here earlier in the month, but well, I didn't...), here's my last minute interview advice. First of all, don't be afraid to pause and think for a moment after they ask you a question instead of verbally stumbling around while thinking of what to say (unless you're really good at that, like the vet I used to work for). They give you a bottle of water, so use it! Taking a sip of water gives you a moment to think without feeling (too) awkward.
Secondly, make sure you have a question or two prepared to ask them. Don't just hope you'll think one up on the spot. Good advice I got last year was to ask them opinion questions. That way it's not just a simple factoid you could have looked up on the internet and you may get some very good information in response. Try something like asking what they think the strengths & weaknesses of the program are, or something along those lines. I don't even remember what I asked at UMN last year, but it turned into a 5 minute or more conversation about the changes they were making to the curriculum and how they were taking student feedback into account, and about how they were trying to incorporate more of what we like to call active learning, which I'm a big fan of, so I'm pretty sure my face lit up a bit at that moment...
And make sure you make the most of the non-interview part of your interview day! Ask lots of questions of the students! It was really my impression of the students more than anything else (and certainly not the cost) that made me pick UMN over the other schools I got into.
And if your interview's in the morning, make sure to eat a good meal the night before. You may not have much of an appetite in the morning, and you don't want your stomach to start growling mid interview!:uhno:

If anyone interviewing in the next week or two wants some additional thoughts on interview prep:
I found it helpful going into my behavioral interviews rather than worrying too much about the specific questions they may or may not ask and what my responses would be, to instead have a catalog of events from my past experiences running through my head that might be able to illustrate a variety of positive characteristics I've demonstrated or ways I've dealt with challenges, etc. and even had one or two particular experiences that I really wanted to make a point of bringing up if possible. Having thought through and analyzed most of my past experiences (both vet related and not) made it really easy during the interview to pull out answers to questions that I hadn't specifically prepared for. I also collected as many sample behavioral interview questions as I could and went through and brainstormed potential instances I could use to answer the questions. I didn't really practice fully answering the questions because I really have no problem talking about myself and could talk about my experiences forever (which may be becoming apparent right now... :rolleyes:). I was more worried about coming up with answers rather than how I would articulate them, but if that's a weak area for you, I would make sure to practice fully answering at least a few questions!

Sorry for that novel. Apparently not dispensing any advice on SDN for ten months got me a bit overly excited. And I might be avoiding studying...;)

Since it's a bit late to be giving too much interview prep advice for those interviewing this weekend (I meant to get on here earlier in the month, but well, I didn't...), here's my last minute interview advice. First of all, don't be afraid to pause and think for a moment after they ask you a question instead of verbally stumbling around while thinking of what to say (unless you're really good at that, like the vet I used to work for). They give you a bottle of water, so use it! Taking a sip of water gives you a moment to think without feeling (too) awkward.
Secondly, make sure you have a question or two prepared to ask them. Don't just hope you'll think one up on the spot. Good advice I got last year was to ask them opinion questions. That way it's not just a simple factoid you could have looked up on the internet and you may get some very good information in response. Try something like asking what they think the strengths & weaknesses of the program are, or something along those lines. I don't even remember what I asked at UMN last year, but it turned into a 5 minute or more conversation about the changes they were making to the curriculum and how they were taking student feedback into account, and about how they were trying to incorporate more of what we like to call active learning, which I'm a big fan of, so I'm pretty sure my face lit up a bit at that moment...
And make sure you make the most of the non-interview part of your interview day! Ask lots of questions of the students! It was really my impression of the students more than anything else (and certainly not the cost) that made me pick UMN over the other schools I got into.
And if your interview's in the morning, make sure to eat a good meal the night before. You may not have much of an appetite in the morning, and you don't want your stomach to start growling mid interview!:uhno:

If anyone interviewing in the next week or two wants some additional thoughts on interview prep:
I found it helpful going into my behavioral interviews rather than worrying too much about the specific questions they may or may not ask and what my responses would be, to instead have a catalog of events from my past experiences running through my head that might be able to illustrate a variety of positive characteristics I've demonstrated or ways I've dealt with challenges, etc. and even had one or two particular experiences that I really wanted to make a point of bringing up if possible. Having thought through and analyzed most of my past experiences (both vet related and not) made it really easy during the interview to pull out answers to questions that I hadn't specifically prepared for. I also collected as many sample behavioral interview questions as I could and went through and brainstormed potential instances I could use to answer the questions. I didn't really practice fully answering the questions because I really have no problem talking about myself and could talk about my experiences forever (which may be becoming apparent right now... :rolleyes:). I was more worried about coming up with answers rather than how I would articulate them, but if that's a weak area for you, I would make sure to practice fully answering at least a few questions!

Sorry for that novel. Apparently not dispensing any advice on SDN for ten months got me a bit overly excited. And I might be avoiding studying...;)

Thanks so much for the advice! I really appreciate how thoroughly you explained everything. These are great suggestions for any interview in general. Curious question, where you IS or OOS coming to Minnesota? If you were OOS, how did you rationalize the cost/benefit of attending Minnesota over other places you looked at? I know coming from OOS, attending Minnesota is ridiculously expensive. Other OOSers can probably resonate with me on this, but I'm kinda concerned how good financial aid (i.e. scholarships) will be...even though it would be really awesome to go there.

Last edited:
just curious... will you be there as a student helper on Feb 7th and 8th weekend? @LetItSnow

Ha - that's my week off. I'm doing the first week (this week) and the last week, but not the middle week. That said, I've got class in the same building that your visit is centered around (Pomeroy) all day 2/7, so I'll be around if you have questions! The third-year classroom is upstairs next door to where your overview/intro meeting will be. (The first- and second-year classrooms are in the next building over, attached to the hospital.)

Ha - that's my week off. I'm doing the first week (this week) and the last week, but not the middle week. That said, I've got class in the same building that your visit is centered around (Pomeroy) all day 2/7, so I'll be around if you have questions! The third-year classroom is upstairs next door to where your overview/intro meeting will be. (The first- and second-year classrooms are in the next building over, attached to the hospital.)
Awesome! lol Maybye I'll wander if they let me... haha

You own Newfies, @DoctorToby ?

That's my next dog. Pretty sure, anyway.
Lol no, i dont.... my pup is a rescue mutt that we thought was part newfie but ended up being a st. Bernard, sharpei, malamute mix according to a 40$ genetic blood test... lol not sure how accurate they are haha

I really want a newfie or a burmese mountain dog, but then i think of all the shelter dogs and i feel guilty.... but you best believe if i found a newfie in a shelter, i scoop them up real quick! Haha

Hey everyone! I have been a longtime lurker on this site, but recently decided to take the plunge and join in the fun because things are getting more real by the day...I will be attending UMN this fall! (I deferred from c/o 2017) Hope to see some of you in the fall! Best of luck on your interviews!

I'm interviewing on Saturday morning too! Are you going to the open house/tour on Friday night?
No I'm not, but I am going to be staying for the other scheduled events on saturday!!

I just had my interview yesterday (1/30). I was supposed to be there for registration and the Q/A session at 8:00AM, but due to the huge dump of heavy wet snow and the traffic it took me three hours to make what is normally a 35 minute commute, so I didn't get there until 9:30. I left extra early (6AM) thinking I'd get there around 7:30- estimates were that commutes were taking three times longer than average. NOPE, max speed on HWY 94 was 10mph, not because the roads were that bad, but because people decided that there were six lanes of traffic (there are four in that particular section) and it was a giant cluster**** of a parking lot. Anyway, thankfully they still let me check in! My interview wasn't until 10:45 so it was okay.

Other than the drive in the weather wasn't an issue. The longest you are outside on the tour is when you walk from Pomeroy to the actual veterinary school building. I can't comment on the content of the interview except to say that it was basically just a typical behavioral interview, but the questions aren't easy ones. Good luck to everyone else interviewing! Seems like everyone on here is OOS so far. I'm an IS applicant.

it took me three hours to make what is normally a 35 minute commute, so I didn't get there until 9:30.

Ha. Yeah. I had class at 10 and I left around 8 thinking that my 35-minute commute surely couldn't take 2 hours ... and then I got to school around 10:30. It was a fantastic drive.

Fortunately, that's pretty rare. :)

I went to the meet and greet at the equine center tonight -- it was AMAZING!!! The students/tour guides were all so wonderful and the facility is unbelievable. I was very impressed. For those of you interviewing during later weekends, I highly recommend going to the meet and greet if you can!

I hope the questions aren't TOO difficult...... it can be hard to think of examples on the spot!

I went to the meet and greet at the equine center tonight -- it was AMAZING!!! The students/tour guides were all so wonderful and the facility is unbelievable. I was very impressed. For those of you interviewing during later weekends, I highly recommend going to the meet and greet if you can!

I hope the questions aren't TOO difficult...... it can be hard to think of examples on the spot!
The equine part is what Im dying to see! So pretty nice?? :clap:

Thanks so much for the advice! I really appreciate how thoroughly you explained everything. These are great suggestions for any interview in general. Curious question, where you IS or OOS coming to Minnesota? If you were OOS, how did you rationalize the cost/benefit of attending Minnesota over other places you looked at? I know coming from OOS, attending Minnesota is ridiculously expensive. Other OOSers can probably resonate with me on this, but I'm kinda concerned how good financial aid (i.e. scholarships) will be...even though it would be really awesome to go there.

I am OOS, from PA. The cost of tuition here did definitely weigh heavily on my decision, but in the end, I went where I thought I would be happiest, and thus more successful. Of course if I'd have known then that I'd be living through two months of 15 to 20 degree below the already cold average Minnesota winter temperatures, I may have chosen otherwise...:cold: (just kidding of course... I think.) Cost was only one of many factors I considered, and while it did stress me out tremendously, (i'm in the MPH program here, so I pay even more tuition than the average OOSer), in the end, I chose to just take the plunge. I was choosing between here, Ohio State, and Atlantic Vet College. AVC was only slightly cheaper but being in Canada meant I higher cost of living and a lot more practical challenges. OSU was definitely cheaper, but not by enough to make me change my mind in the end. It wasn't the right fit for me, despite the fact that I knew people who went there or were accepting seats there. But for some people, cost is more important than anything else. So, it's really about what you think is most important, and just how much you like it here.

I imagine the financial aid available is similar to other schools. If you get lucky, you can potentially get HPSL or perkins loans, which have lower interest rates than the other loans. But they're relatively small drops in the bucket. The school does have some scholarships, but I'm not going to pretend I know anything about them. There are also a fair number of outside scholarships you can apply for, but most focus on specific interest areas or demographic groups, depending on who funds them, and the ones I've looked at seem to be a lot of work for the amount of money you have only a chance at getting. But again, it depends on you and how much you think your time is worth when you're a busy vet student.

I feel like I already read this somewhere, but I'll ask again since I can't find the answer now. For the equine center tour, do we need to wear shoes that can get really crummy? I don't want to pack more than 2 pairs of shoes and I was hoping to limit it to just dress boots and heels for the interview. If my dress boots get a little dirty I can just wipe them clean, but if I'm going to be walking through inches of muck, I'll pack another pair.

I feel like I already read this somewhere, but I'll ask again since I can't find the answer now. For the equine center tour, do we need to wear shoes that can get really crummy? I don't want to pack more than 2 pairs of shoes and I was hoping to limit it to just dress boots and heels for the interview. If my dress boots get a little dirty I can just wipe them clean, but if I'm going to be walking through inches of muck, I'll pack another pair.
You can wear whatever! The facility is really clean and you walk outside for all of 30 seconds to go see the stable (which is also clean). No muck :)

OMG I LOVE THIS SCHOOL.

Ahhh...now I'm really in a bind as to whether or not I'm gonna interview (I have till Monday morning to RSVP)...I feel like I'm really gonna love it (even though I'm gonna be in SO much debt after graduation)...I'll see if I can maybe reschedule for the 14th-15th to have a little more time :xf:

Last edited: