The OFFICIAL PRE-med PICTURE thread part 2: NEW AND IMPROVED!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Doctors on bikes with helmets FTW.

Of course. This was purely for posing purposes. If I posted with the helmet on it would sort of defeat the purpose :p

Helmet, gloves, jacket, all the time even in broiling heat. Easier to replace water, than skin :thumbup:

You could get some hot hospital personnel to pick the gravel out your skin.

I'm big on helmet usage. I lost a friend that was in an accident and he had a helmet on. Bleh.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could get some hot hospital personnel to pick the gravel out your skin.

I'm big on helmet usage. I lost a friend that was in an accident and he had a helmet on. Bleh.

:( Sorry to hear that. A friend of mine has a cousin who had his spine injured in a crash and is now a quadriplegic.

I've also seen some pretty nasty cases of road rash. Nasty enough that I'm keeping myself covered head to toe all the time haha.

Its all about how much risk you're willing to accept...in my case its not that much :p

I've never seen a pt come in for a motorcycle accident who was wearing a helmet and didn't at least make it to the OR.

photo.php

I've never seen a pt come in for a motorcycle accident who was wearing a helmet and didn't at least make it to the OR.
When he hit the car his head slammed into the supporting A-frame, breaking his neck and then he was thrown through the air. But I have to agree, helmets help a lot in crash survivability. It was the anatomy of the crash in this case, not the helmet.

I won't digress anymore.

Yeah, it sucks. The thing that pisses me off is that the intersection was converted to a 4-way stop because of his accident.

...most accidents occur at intersections. If you don't have the visibility to see traffic what good do the added stop signs do?

Hey Tex...just curious but do you get a lot of moto crashes in your area? Are most of them kids or old guys? Highway or rural crashes?

My passion... :)

-BP

Attachments

• n11009303_8260943_3244.jpg
    n11009303_8260943_3244.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 177
My passion... :)

-BP

Mine too!! I don't want to post pictures in the name of anonymity, but if I did it would be a horse picture :) My personal statement actually had a riding theme to it, which may be a good or a bad thing (or may be the reason I have an interview at UK :laugh: )

...most accidents occur at intersections. If you don't have the visibility to see traffic what good do the added stop signs do?

Hey Tex...just curious but do you get a lot of moto crashes in your area? Are most of them kids or old guys? Highway or rural crashes?
The ER where I work is the nation's busiest level II trauma center. We get **** choppered in to us from like 16 counties, as part of our normal service area, and sometimes, they'll bring us **** from well outside that area, for one reason or another.

We get all kinds of MVAs, motorcycles, etc.

I work nights, so we get lots of drunks. I don't really know what its like during the day, as I have never worked a day shift.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine too!! I don't want to post pictures in the name of anonymity, but if I did it would be a horse picture :) My personal statement actually had a riding theme to it, which may be a good or a bad thing (or may be the reason I have an interview at UK :laugh: )

Yep... I'm trying to go with the more anonymous approach... hence the riding picture where my horse is the main focus :) . I actually hadn't ridden for the past 3 years until just recently. My secondary passion is fishing, hehe

-BP

Well, he was riding around his house, accident occurred a mile away. So he would have known the sign was there. :\

:( man that's rough. I'm so glad I took the MSF course by me I would be a hazard to myself and others on the road if I hadn't. Proper education makes a difference and saves lives.

btw...am i the only person who things equestrian hobbies are more dangerous than motorcycles? I mean the horse is another living thing and is never really, really under your control...but then again horses don't do 0-60 in under 4 seconds.

I fell off a horse when i was little and I'm a bit biased so don't mind me.

btw...am i the only person who things equestrian hobbies are more dangerous than motorcycles? I mean the horse is another living thing and is never really, really under your control...but then again horses don't do 0-60 in under 4 seconds.

I fell off a horse when i was little and I'm a bit biased so don't mind me.

Haha... I have had my fair share of injuries... fallen off countless times, once broke my wrist another time dislocated my elbow... not to mention lots of barn-related injuries (near anaphtylactic-shock bee sting when a bee flew out of a hollow fence post).

It's definitely dangerous. It was quite hilarious when I went to the ER in full riding attire (full chaps, helmet w/ hairnet, boots, gloves, etc) when I dislocated my elbow in the middle of winter with 12" of snow on the ground... no one could understand that we can ride indoors :rolleyes:

-BP

Haha... I have had my fair share of injuries... fallen off countless times, once broke my wrist another time dislocated my elbow... not to mention lots of barn-related injuries (near anaphtylactic-shock bee sting when a bee flew out of a hollow fence post).

It's definitely dangerous. It was quite hilarious when I went to the ER in full riding attire (full chaps, helmet w/ hairnet, boots, gloves, etc) when I dislocated my elbow in the middle of winter with 12" of snow on the ground... no one could understand that we can ride indoors :rolleyes:

-BP

:eek: wow. mucho respect.

I've never broken a bone or had a trip to the ER and im praying itll stay that way. :whistle:

-BP

Been there. :rolleyes:

It is dangerous, but much like motorcycles safety increases exponentially when you take the right precautions. Don't ride without a helmet, know your limits, don't ride alone, etc. I'm a safety nut, and although I've had my fair share of minor injuries, nothing major in the past 15 years of riding.

Oh, this is fun. I'll post my picture...

camp2008026.jpg

One of the other counselors at the camp I worked at this summer had the same dress as I did, so of course we had to take a picture, haha. I'm on the right.

Oh, other people with motorcycles, awesome. :) I have a little yamaha virago xv250. Little but with the heart of a lion, her name is Piglet.

63676243_43014bd94d.jpg

Oh, other people with motorcycles, awesome. :) I have a little yamaha virago xv250. Little but with the heart of a lion, her name is Piglet.

63676243_43014bd94d.jpg

Sweet. Gotta love the yamis. My friend has a 250 Ninja (the new 08) painted bright pink.
n8807052_40930724_8481.jpg

that's "piglet" if i ever saw it :p

:laugh: Love it. My ex said he wouldn't ride with me if I got a pink bike. :rolleyes:

That's when you should have pointed out that a bright pink bike gives better visibility. :p

I love riding with my friend ... its like barbie and ken bikes. haha :laugh:

This is what I submitted w/ my secondaries. My dad took it in our backyard, because I didn't want to go to a photo studio, haha.

n207477_1645.jpg

Hey shemarty ur really hottt. Wuts ur real name? What med school do you plan on goin to? I'm gonna be a freakin plastic surgeon, so if you ever need any improvements ;) let me know:love:

Edit: I'm going to change my response to "no comment."

Hey shemarty ur really hottt. Wuts ur real name? What med school do you plan on goin to? I'm gonna be a freakin plastic surgeon, so if you ever need any improvements ;) let me know:love:

Is anybody else really creeped out by this? "Hi I'm Chris Hansen...why don't you have a seat."

oooh slapped by the ban stick, and rightfully so...

I'm not quite sure why calling you hot counts as trolling, but I'll roll with it. :p

I don't get the ban criteria at all, it seems like some people make offensive posts all the time and don't get banned, others get smacked down after one or two questionable posts. That said, I give all due respect to the mods, I'm sure there's a good reason.

considering I got jumped on in another thread for "having no substance and only posting in crush and pic threads"... ill prepare myself for the onslaught...

im over it.

l_4148fe3e191931a3c31442d9f2b467ba.jpg

I'm not quite sure why calling you hot counts as trolling, but I'll roll with it. :p

He also offered to perform plastic surgery on me :confused: and actually made a couple offensive posts in other threads within the past couple minutes. (I clicked on his 'previous posts' link.) I'm sure the ban wasn't for the one comment on this thread.

considering I got jumped on in another thread for "having no substance and only posting in crush and pic threads"... ill prepare myself for the onslaught...

im over it.

I'll be nice this time. :laugh:

Good pic. Btw is that smile natural or are they veneers?

He also offered to perform plastic surgery on me :confused: and actually made a couple offensive posts in other threads within the past couple minutes. (I clicked on his 'previous posts' link.) I'm sure the ban wasn't for the one comment on this thread.

And I'm pretty sure he wasn't board certified :D

Yeah, that guy was definitely a troll.

im over it.

Crush and pic threads are the most fun! :D Pretty pic, btw!

Heres my mixed self in first grade.

l_10fe7b64136eab02c83aaf064999b1bf.jpg

A cookie for whoever guesses what my races/mix ratio is.

posted this in another thread...

anyway, hope y'all don't mind if i post my pics...like everyone else, i do like pictures and showing them off to anyone who want to see it and i am also pursuing medicine. :)

this is me:
DSC07780.jpg

n621498924_485348_5151.jpg

n621498924_535793_4433.jpg

n693390197_1385137_21-2222.jpg

n660519803_357349_5606.jpg

a few of the bros: the zbt post-jello wrestling clean up crew:

Group96-1.jpg

Last edited:

Probably the quick succession then, good job mods!!

Oh what the hell, here's a pic of me where you can see my tattoo. Thank God for white coats. ;)

Attachments

• salmatat.jpg
    salmatat.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 463
3/4 korean 1/4 white, and I somehow ended up with hazel eyes.