2008-2009 Baylor Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any one know how many candidates does Baylor usually interview? And how many end up with acceptances?

Also, if Feb 20 is the last interview day, then I guess we should expect many acceptance call going out end of Feb, right?

Members don't see this ad.

Does any one know how many candidates does Baylor usually interview? And how many end up with acceptances?

Also, if Feb 20 is the last interview day, then I guess we should expect many acceptance call going out end of Feb, right?

They said that the vast majority of the acceptances will go out in March.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody who interviewed on 12/12 heard back yet?

Wow, none this week either (at least on SDN ;))? Seems like there's only been a couple over the last two months. They must really be saving them up for March!

I've also considered that they're less likely to accept those of us that are neurotic and live on SDN. Who knows?

This one is all I am waiting for now that I matched UTSW. I really wish they would give me a decision sooner so that I could know where I´m going to live... Please let it be a yes!?

Congrats on UTSW, Evee!! Heh, you won't have to wait too much longer, since the majority of acceptances go out in a month. Eh, who am I kidding? A month in this whole "med school application process" is an eternity. But now you've at least got one great school under your belt. :D

I emailed Baylor about whether I should expect a rejection soon since I had heard there were no more interview spots left, and this is what they sent back:

"Dear Chemist0157,

At this time we have invited for our last interview session. Those who were not invited for interview should expect a form of correspondence by the end of February.

Thank you."

Oh snap. Of course, maybe there's an interview invitation in the mail for some of us, but this looks like the bitter end!

I emailed Baylor about whether I should expect a rejection soon since I had heard there were no more interview spots left, and this is what they sent back:

"Dear Chemist0157,

At this time we have invited for our last interview session. Those who were not invited for interview should expect a form of correspondence by the end of February.

Thank you."

Oh snap. Of course, maybe there's an interview invitation in the mail for some of us, but this looks like the bitter end!
i'm pretty sure they invite via email...

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you into guessing when the calls will start up again, during the 1/23 interview session, they said we could hear from them at the earliest in two weeks. So I'd say from Friday through the following week is fair game for the phones to begin to ring. : ) Just a thought! Loved Baylor and hope to see you there next year.

I read earlier that you receive an email stating that you have been ranked. Is this a Texas resident thing only, or do all students get one post interview? If so, has anyone who interviewed since the beginning of December been ranked?

I read earlier that you receive an email stating that you have been ranked. Is this a Texas resident thing only, or do all students get one post interview? If so, has anyone who interviewed since the beginning of December been ranked?

I'm OOS, and I got the email about a month after I interviewed beginning of October, so I guess it's not just residents. All it says is:

-That they enjoyed you coming to interview.
-Everyone is placed on a ranked list after review.
-No set time to hear back from them after interview. (they choose a "variable number" each week)
-Final waitlist formed 1st week of April (with most interviewed applicants on it)
-Class is filled by mid July

It was just informational, not candidate specific info. No worries if you haven't heard back. :xf:

Hey y'all,

I'm an MSTP applicant who interviewed on December 5th. I got a call from Dr. Greenberg accepting me to the MD program today (hell yeah). No word about MSTP, but I thought I'd share the info. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear.

Sooooo I got this CBC email today....but I've already done that for pretty much ALL the schools that i've been accepted at (that are on the list)!
So i'm really hoping that its from Baylor...but Baylor's not on the list of schools that participate in CBC....rite? :(

Sooooo I got this CBC email today....but I've already done that for pretty much ALL the schools that i've been accepted at (that are on the list)!
So i'm really hoping that its from Baylor...but Baylor's not on the list of schools that participate in CBC....rite? :(

Yeah, looks like baylor doesn't participate. Are you expecting to hear from any other AMCAS schools you interviewed at?

Yeah, looks like baylor doesn't participate. Are you expecting to hear from any other AMCAS schools you interviewed at?

Yea...i've heard from pretty much all of them on that list. Strange..

I'm not sure if they do the CBC thing..I was accepted about 2 weeks after my interview and I didn't get any CBC email in that 2 week period..

Although I only got two CBC emails to date and I think that more than 2 of my schools use the program, so not sure how it works..

looks like scholarship apps are opening up...

"In order to assist our Scholarship Committee, an interest form as been developed and placed on our website at http://www.bcm.edu/osa/2013. If you are interested in being considered for a scholarship, please complete and submit the form at your earliest convenience. Although you may have sent an individual email, we would appreciate your completing the on-line form.

Careful consideration will be given to all that complete the form. Notification of scholarship awards will be made in writing once the Scholarship Committee has made their decision."

looks like scholarship apps are opening up...

"In order to assist our Scholarship Committee, an interest form as been developed and placed on our website at http://www.bcm.edu/osa/2013. If you are interested in being considered for a scholarship, please complete and submit the form at your earliest convenience. Although you may have sent an individual email, we would appreciate your completing the on-line form.

Careful consideration will be given to all that complete the form. Notification of scholarship awards will be made in writing once the Scholarship Committee has made their decision."
is this only for accepted students?

dr. greenberg called today! i'm in! :love:

Congratulations to all those who have been accepted and best of luck to those who are waiting to hear!

Just thought I'd get in touch with some of my possible future classmates...interviewed 12/5 and accepted 1/21!!!

are yall waiting to file your FAFSA before turning that scholarship form in? or do you think earlier is better without having it filed?

are yall waiting to file your FAFSA before turning that scholarship form in? or do you think earlier is better without having it filed?
If you think you'll get to the FAFSA soon, I think it's worth it to wait. Otherwise, might as well fill out ASAP. I figure I'll send it in this weekend.

If you think you'll get to the FAFSA soon, I think it's worth it to wait. Otherwise, might as well fill out ASAP. I figure I'll send it in this weekend.

bah since i'm working i actually have to file a tax return..plus my parents are going to take another month or so to get all of their stuff together...

bah since i'm working i actually have to file a tax return..plus my parents are going to take another month or so to get all of their stuff together...
I filed mine ASAP :p As a side not, it's amazing how many young people just cannot file their own taxes--I mean if I could figure it out when I was 16, it ain't that hard. And you need to CRACK THE WHIP and make the 'rents fall in line.

I filed mine ASAP :p As a side not, it's amazing how many young people just cannot file their own taxes--I mean if I could figure it out when I was 16, it ain't that hard. And you need to CRACK THE WHIP and make the 'rents fall in line.

i KNOW. i am cracking the whip, but apparently they usually file late :(

but they are making a concerted effort to get it done by march this year... i think that covers most school's deadlines.

I find it funny how you first inquired whether the scholarship information was only for accepted students... and then the next day... you're an accepted student. :laugh:

Congratulations!!!
i know huh? haha.

I interviewed at Baylor Feb 6th. Has anyone heard an acceptance from them yet who interviewed then? Also, does anyone know if Baylor ALWAYS calls it's acceptees or do they ever ONLY send a paper letter? Thanx

I interviewed at Baylor Feb 6th. Has anyone heard an acceptance from them yet who interviewed then? Also, does anyone know if Baylor ALWAYS calls it's acceptees or do they ever ONLY send a paper letter? Thanx
The way that Baylor does their accepting, when you get interviewed doesn't have too much bearing on when you hear back.

1/9, all quiet on this front too :scared: can't wait anymoreeeeeeee

Interviewed on the last day 2/20/09 and waiting impatiently:eek:

Does anybody know if most of the acceptances have gone out already? And does anyone know if many people are accepted from the waitlist? I interviewed back in September, and haven't heard anything since then...

for those who interviewed and havent heard back yet:

are we able to call the office to find out our general position on the master ranked list?

Also, does updating your file with grades etc do anything if theyve already ranked you?

Abuja,
I doubt it. They said they wouldn't tell us our standing on the wait list, so I don't see why they'd tell us now.
Good luck over the next few weeks,
uscdd

I'm getting tired of waiting myself : /

Does anyone know how many seats Baylor has left??? Has anyone heard back recently about an acceptance?

I am tired of waiting too...

I just had my first Baylor dream...

Let's just say I was very happy to wake up :zip:

I even wrote Dr. Greenberg a Thank You letter after the bad news :laugh:

I just had my first Baylor dream...

Right there with you; in my dream, my student host called and said if i haven't been accepted by this point, i'm not getting in. : /

so much for dreams

release date HAS to be soon

Status
Not open for further replies.