2008-2009 Baylor Secondary Application Thread

Started by shemarty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It sure does seem like they've come out on every single possible day of the week so far! I don't think any of us was likely to be phone-watching more carefully than Rishi, and Dr. Greenberg STILL managed to get him! I'm pretty sure he's got some psychic ability to let him know when your guard is down 😀

I completely agree, Spurs! Literally, the one evening where I'm not thinking about BCM... I get a call. Christmas came early this year. 🙂 But for the rest of you, hang tight! Trust me, I know it's not easy to "forget about BCM", but apparently, it works. 🙂
 
Just curious: I know that Baylor only takes 25% or so out of state, so do they do something like interview the IS people earlier in the season and as the interview season progresses, invite more OOS?
 
Just curious: I know that Baylor only takes 25% or so out of state, so do they do something like interview the IS people earlier in the season and as the interview season progresses, invite more OOS?

I want to say that Baylor takes even less than that amount of OOS (~15-20%?). I honestly don't think they interview the applicants in any particular order based on IS/OOS; pianola got in last month already as an OOS applicant.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to say that Baylor takes even less than that amount of OOS (~15-20%?). I honestly don't think they interview the applicants in any particular order based on IS/OOS; pianola got in last month already as an OOS applicant.

I interviewed on one of their interview days and just got in last week as an OOS applicant, so I think their preference for IS is probably reflected in assigning them extra points in the ranking process or something to that effect.
 
mine was two weeks. They make a decision about your application before you leave the campus (ie they rank everyone) and so (I think) every two weeks following an interview date they admit the top 20 or so students from their ranked list.
 
I interviewed on the first day... I think it was 9/5? and just heard back about a week and a half ago. I think it just varies depending on where you rank on this list. If you're awesome, like some folks, then you'll hear back at the next batch of acceptances.. if not.. well then you gotta wait haha.
 
does anybody else feel like their are a lot of kids from florida applying to baylor?? is it because of the like muggy, humid climate? or?
 
does anybody else feel like their are a lot of kids from florida applying to baylor?? is it because of the like muggy, humid climate? or?

Climate + Good tuition + Healthy Reputation...

Also Florida's not the smallest state in the union (that could account for some of the Florida volume).

I imagine Floridians apply for many of the same reasons that other-staters apply.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on the first day... I think it was 9/5? and just heard back about a week and a half ago. I think it just varies depending on where you rank on this list. If you're awesome, like some folks, then you'll hear back at the next batch of acceptances.. if not.. well then you gotta wait haha.

Me too... I interviewed on 9/5 and heard the same day as htown.
 
Congrats to everybody who's been accepted! Please post all your acceptances on the acceptances threads so people can get a sense of the timeline. It's super helpful for this year and next year's applicants!

Thanks!
 
Yeah, but I think I remember that TheRealMD got a letter on Christmas eve. Maybe he didn't get a phone call?
 
... or they sent acceptances to people who aren't on SDN 😛 I know they're rare nowadays, but they still exist- I didn't hear about this place until September.

And look at how many posts you're up to Spurs... I think it has to be the Texas thread neuroticism.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It has been quite on this front regarding interview invitations from Baylor. Have there been any invites for Jan / Feb?
 
It has been quite on this front regarding interview invitations from Baylor. Have there been any invites for Jan / Feb?

Someone yesterday in the c/o 2013 thread reported that they had an interview at Baylor for "early next year." So it seems like January is probably filled. Luckily, they stressed to us repeatedly during our interview that most people would be hearing around March or so, so a February interview date really wouldn't hurt you that much.

It seems like Baylor generally sends out most of their invites ~1 month in advance. So you might hear something around New Year's or so.
 
It has been quite on this front regarding interview invitations from Baylor. Have there been any invites for Jan / Feb?

I got an interview invite about a week ago for January 9th, so they've done early January at least. Probably not February yet though since January 9th was sent out so recently.
 
I'm a dec. 12 interviwee, are any of my fellow interviewees from that date getting excited that we might start getting phone calls soon?! I am hoping for a baylor xmas present!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seems like it's been a weeks since they made acceptances, any news recently? it'd be nice if they decide to start back up before the new year. Hope everyone's Christmas Vacation is going well!!
 
Seems like it's been a weeks since they made acceptances, any news recently? it'd be nice if they decide to start back up before the new year. Hope everyone's Christmas Vacation is going well!!

I'm in the same boat as you are :xf: Lets keep crossing our fingers 🙂
 
Man, I got really excited when I heard that I could hear back in 2-3 weeks at the earliest, but it seems like that is the rarity on this board. Most people seem to be hearing back a month or two afterwards. =( oh well... I just hope I get in at some point, although finding out sooner rather than later would be amazing, I want this process to end ASAP!
 
I got a message this morning on my cell, saw it was from an unidentified number and I got a little excited! Then it turned out to be a call from a guy trying to sell me something... doh. 👎
 
I got a message this morning on my cell, saw it was from an unidentified number and I got a little excited! Then it turned out to be a call from a guy trying to sell me something... doh. 👎

The call I got was from a number that wouldn't let me return the call. You know what I mean? Those numbers that your cell phone won't let you dial for some reason?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.