2025-2026 Baylor

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The AMCAS choose your med school tool doesn’t show Baylor for me while my other Texas waitlists show up. Does this mean I’m not waitlisted?
I don’t really know.
TMDSAS schools do not require you to use the CYMS tool, which is an AAMC product.
Unless you also have an OOS acceptance somewhere, don’t worry about that tool
 
Has anyone gotten merit scholarship information yet? I got my FAFSA stuff but nothing else, so I am unsure if that means that I did not get any merit
 
Has anyone gotten merit scholarship information yet? I got my FAFSA stuff but nothing else, so I am unsure if that means that I did not get any merit
Heard someone on the GroupMe say that they spoke with Fin Aid and they said that the preliminary award does not affect whether you will be awarded merit later on so there should still be some scholarships to come.
 
Baylor 2026 Match List
Baylor 2026-Stats-Poster-scaled.jpg
 
I just received OOS WL email, is that sent to all OOS that have not already received an A or to a select group? Also letters of intent don't do much here correct?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
people who already matched to school above Baylor shouldnt be receiving waitlist emails. Its almost like Baylor thinks everyone should have ranked them the highest. 🙂
 
You have been placed on our final wait-list from which acceptances will be made through early June.
I recieved the waitlist email today (ranked Baylor higher than my matched school). Am I reading too much into the word "final"? I know everyone who interviewed but didn't match gets put on the waitlist, but is the "final" waitlist different in any way?
 
I recieved the waitlist email today (ranked Baylor higher than my matched school). Am I reading too much into the word "final"? I know everyone who interviewed but didn't match gets put on the waitlist, but is the "final" waitlist different in any way?
They may have had some people withdraw from consideration and are taking that into account for the final list.
It looks like they have still made some errors with their WL mailings today though
 
I know people have said before to reply to WL emails saying you would like to stay on it, but their wording at the end makes me think I should only reply if I no longer wish to be on the WL. Any thoughts?
 
I recieved the waitlist email today (ranked Baylor higher than my matched school). Am I reading too much into the word "final"? I know everyone who interviewed but didn't match gets put on the waitlist, but is the "final" waitlist different in any way?
DS felt the same way too. He received IS, ranked Baylor higher
 
I didn't match with Baylor and have yet to receive the WL email people are posting about, does this essentially mean I am no longer being considered?
 
I didn't match with Baylor and have yet to receive the WL email people are posting about, does this essentially mean I am no longer being considered?

Check the portal to make sure. I have a new tab on the portal I didn't have before. They might still also be rolling the WL out, so it still might come for you.

1774381559759.png
 
Also just checked but, the alternate list now shows up on CYMS tool also now.
Hmm.. I don't see that on CYMS for me. No waitlist email, but I do see the "Admissions Decision" >>> "You have been selected for the Waitlist" tab on my application portal. Hopefully, they're just rolling it out slowly.
 
Hmm.. I don't see that on CYMS for me. No waitlist email, but I do see the "Admissions Decision" >>> "You have been selected for the Waitlist" tab on my application portal. Hopefully, they're just rolling it out slowly.
You will not see your schools on the CYMS tool unless you have at least one A
If you have only WLs you will just keep monitoring your portals and emails.
 
You will not see your schools on the CYMS tool unless you have at least one A
If you have only WLs you will just keep monitoring your portals and emails.
Thanks for the reply. I do have an A on CYMS, and see WLs from other schools too - just not Baylor. I'll keep monitoring for Baylor. Just trying to keep my hopes up for this school! It was my #1.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm oos, and I've yet to hear from Baylor or receive an update on my portal despite interviewing in early September. Should I just assume that this is a soft R at this point, or am I also on the waitlist? (sorry for reiterating the same questions others have asked lol) Would it be worth contacting the school?
 
I'm oos, and I've yet to hear from Baylor or receive an update on my portal despite interviewing in early September. Should I just assume that this is a soft R at this point, or am I also on the waitlist? (sorry for reiterating the same questions others have asked lol) Would it be worth contacting the school?
If you had made their final WL, you would have received an email or a portal change like the SDN members a few posts above have mentioned.
If you want to make a brief inquiry by email to see if you are/are not on the WL, go ahead and do that.
 
Sorry to go back this far, but I do have the WL on my portal but haven't received the email. Can someone clarify what the email says in regards to replying to them. Is it saying we should not send a letter of intent, or just that we should not directly reply to the WL email? I am a bit confused as I thought a letter of intent is pretty standard but I don't want to send one if they are explicitly saying not to.
 
Last edited:
Sorry to go back this far, but I do have the WL on my portal but haven't received the email. Can someone clarify what the email says in regards to replying to them. Is it saying we should not send a letter of intent, or just that we should not directly reply to the WL email? I am a bit confused as I thought a letter of intent is pretty standard but I don't want to send one if they are explicitly saying not to.
It doesn't say anything about letters of intent. It just mentions to send them an email if you'd like to withdraw your application.
 
If you see the WL in your portal I think you should see the email on your portal too. Look under Communication Status. The email subject was 'Baylor College of Medicine Update'.

1775146510201.png

​
​
But to answer your question it says:

"We really appreciate your continued interest in Baylor College of Medicine (Houston and Temple Campus) and hope that we will be able to offer you a place in the entering class. However, if you do not wish to be considered further for a position, please send us an email requesting withdrawal.​
​
If you no longer wish to be on our waitlist, please reply to this email to notify us."​
 
If you see the WL in your portal I think you should see the email on your portal too. Look under Communication Status. The email subject was 'Baylor College of Medicine Update'.

View attachment 417332
​
​
But to answer your question it says:

"We really appreciate your continued interest in Baylor College of Medicine (Houston and Temple Campus) and hope that we will be able to offer you a place in the entering class. However, if you do not wish to be considered further for a position, please send us an email requesting withdrawal.​
​
If you no longer wish to be on our waitlist, please reply to this email to notify us."​

Still not showing up for me, but no problem. Thank you for clarifying that for me.
 
Hi! I got assigned to the Temple campus, and I’d love to know about the way of life there.

Will I need a car? Also, is there student housing provided? Thanks!
 
Hi! I got assigned to the Temple campus, and I’d love to know about the way of life there.

Will I need a car? Also, is there student housing provided? Thanks!
Definitely need a car, and no student housing but there's like 3-4 apartment complexes that directly back up to S&W medical center
 
Apologies if this has been asked before. For those on the WL who already sent in LOIs, is anyone sending an update letter? The wording on their website is a bit confusing, I just wanna make sure I'm following their guidelines.

From their website FAQs:

May I send updates to my application?
Yes, if you have not received an invitation to interview at Baylor then you can send updates through the application system. If or when you receive an invitation to interview, updates to your application will not be accepted. Those who have interviewed may send "letters of intent" through the application system, but not updates to their application.

I am currently on the waitlist at Baylor College of Medicine. Would it be possible to meet with a dean of admissions to update them on recent “events” in which I have participated?
Unfortunately, the deans of admissions are unable to meet with applicants on the waitlist. You can submit updates to your application through our AMP application system.
 
Hi guys, I know the Temple campus has additional scholarships. Does anyone know if this is only to keep people whose first choice was Houston, or if someone who wanted+matched Temple qualifies equally?
 
Previous years it seems like all of the Waitlist movement on May 1st were for OOS students. At least from the posts I could find. Is that usually the trend? And then IS WL movement happens later in the month?
 
Hi guys, I know the Temple campus has additional scholarships. Does anyone know if this is only to keep people whose first choice was Houston, or if someone who wanted+matched Temple qualifies equally?
Both campuses have campus specific scholarships. As wysdoc said, anyone currently matched to the campus qualifies for them. Furthermore, they are not transferrable between campuses if you end up getting off a campus WL.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I counted at least 7 students admitted to BCM Houston who left the GroupMe since acceptance....hope it gives you hope.
Appreciate it! I know it's likely futile to try to guess what it means but I'm going to hold on to any note of positivity.