2008-2009 Drexel Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
one reason i would guess is that drexel's class size is huge meaning that more acceptances must be given out to fill all the seats. also it is a private school so tuition is very expensive. drexel is obviously not a top tier school but i don't think it is any worse than schools outside of the top 40. given its location in a major city on the east coast and the great atmosphere at school i would think it is a pretty good place to be.

Members don't see this ad.

one reason i would guess is that drexel's class size is huge meaning that more acceptances must be given out to fill all the seats. also it is a private school so tuition is very expensive. drexel is obviously not a top tier school but i don't think it is any worse than schools outside of the top 40. given its location in a major city on the east coast and the great atmosphere at school i would think it is a pretty good place to be.

I'd agree with this.

I just received a phone call with an admissions offer about an hour ago. I'm thinking about it very hard (already have plans well in place for another school), and promised to call the admissions office tomorrow at the latest. So the waitlist IS still moving, and there very well may be another slot rolling down, unless the stars align telling me to move to Philly.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received a phone call with an admissions offer about an hour ago. I'm thinking about it very hard (already have plans well in place for another school), and promised to call the admissions office tomorrow at the latest. So the waitlist IS still moving, and there very well may be another slot rolling down, unless the stars align telling me to move to Philly.

So ask yourself: which school do you like more?

thanks alot for the response, that makes alot of sense.

I ended up passing the spot, so I hope somebody on SDN got a happy phone call. I liked Drexel a lot as a school. Philly, not so much. I think I made the right decision given my circumstances, but came away with a lot of respect for the good people and good work being done at Drexel. I think the class of 2013 will turn out some great doctors. Good luck to you all!

I called Drexel since I'm still on the WL and asked if I should assume that I did not get in since orientation started Tuesday and classes start on Friday and Monday. The lady said that Yes, I should assume I didn't get in because everyone showed up to orientation.

Just thought I'd pass that along for those of you that were still waiting. Good luck this next cycle!

Status
Not open for further replies.